Cricket

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Finch breaks his own T20I record as he smashes 172. Think it's only a matter of time before someone smacks 200 in this format.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very impressive win by Pakistan. Chased down 184 in the tri-series final after being 2/2. We’ve become a very consistent T20 side over the last 2-3 years.

Moiraine

Very impressive win by Pakistan. Chased down 184 in the tri-series final after being 2/2. We’ve become a very consistent T20 side over the last 2-3 years.
Yeah very impressive. I still think Batting line is a bit weak though.

AgentP

The ODI series between India and England are going to be terrific with both the teams in top form.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Got a feeling this test won't go the distance.
Bangladesh has been quite pathetic in this test series. They seems to have gone back in test matches I think. Windies aren't great themselves and yet they absolutely rinsed them.

ha_rooney

South Africa are being destroyed by Sri Lanka
It is incredible how dominant most Test teams are in their own conditions but how average they are on away tours. At the very least, the games should be competitive & not so one sided.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It is incredible how dominant most Test teams are in their own conditions but how average they are on away tours. At the very least, the games should be competitive & not so one sided.
We toured SA on pitches which favoured fast bowlers and came back with our heads held high. This is exactly the way test cricket has always been played. You go to different countries and play on pitches of different natures. It just that a vast majority of batsmen aren't as good as before - although you can't bemoan them for this. Sri Lanka, England, South Africa and Australia (without Smith and Warner) in particular are awful at touring. To be honest, the rest aren't much better but they're showing more signs of improvement. Pakistan fared well in the UK (twice), India in SA and NZ held their own in India. Heck, you may have seen England crumble to spin in their own backyard - that's how bad they are at playing that type of bowling.

In addition, I think with Kohli, in particular, it's made him more determined to prove himself in these conditions - he was brilliant in Australia and SA and the last test is to continue his form in England. However, now that we have these country specific T20 tournaments, you can actually see that certain batsmen have isolated themselves from the rest in that they improved leaps and bounds - Smith, Warner and Williamson have benefited a lot from the IPL and illustrated this with their performances in tours of India. And more recently, Butler regained form from the IPL and seemed the least likeliest to be affected by our spinners.

I think in time we'll see a lot of these countries allow players to play in country specific event to get used to foreign conditions. England have done so with their players and the IPL, for instance. Others should follow suit and we should finally see more competitive cricket.

On a side note, Fakhar has had a wonderful first year and a bit ODI cricket.

And South Africa :lol:.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
We toured SA on pitches which favoured fast bowlers and came back with our heads held high. This is exactly the way test cricket has always been played. You go to different countries and play on pitches of different natures. It just that a vast majority of batsmen aren't as good as before - although you can't bemoan them for this. Sri Lanka, England, South Africa and Australia (without Smith and Warner) in particular are awful at touring. To be honest, the rest aren't much better but they're showing more signs of improvement. Pakistan fared well in the UK (twice), India in SA and NZ held their own in India. Heck, you may have seen England crumble to spin in their own backyard - that's how bad they are at playing that type of bowling.

In addition, I think with Kohli, in particular, it's made him more determined to prove himself in these conditions - he was brilliant in Australia and SA and the last test is to continue his form in England. However, now that we have these country specific T20 tournaments, you can actually see that certain batsmen have isolated themselves from the rest in that they improved leaps and bounds - Smith, Warner and Williamson have benefited a lot from the IPL and illustrated this with their performances in tours of India. And more recently, Butler regained form from the IPL and seemed the least likeliest to be affected by our spinners.

I think in time we'll see a lot of these countries allow players to play in country specific event to get used to foreign conditions. England have done so with their players and the IPL, for instance. Others should follow suit and we should finally see more competitive cricket.

On a side note, Fakhar has had a wonderful first year and a bit ODI cricket.

And South Africa :lol:.
South Africa are playing like minnows right now, pretty shocking.

I agree with your post but its still true most teams are minnows away home. Pakistan have always been decent in England yet we are very poor in Australia and South Africa. Same for India, Australia, England away from home.

Another cracking finish in a Lancs game
Had some belting games this season, at least this one felt more like a win than the t20 game and the CC game vs Surrey (?)

ha_rooney

I remember back in 2006 Asif had Pietersen all bamboozled when KP was establishing himself as one of the best batsmen in world cricket. Shame he fecked his career up with all the off-field issues.

KM

He was also close to a McGrath as it can be possible. Ridiculously talented bowler who was caught twice with drugs I think and a really bad influence on Amir.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Was really effective because of his control and the knack of making the ball move very late, was unplayable at times. Real waste of talent.

KM

This Aussie squad looks very average

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Poor squad. How fit is Starc? They're heavily reliant on him if they're to avoid another 2-0 loss.

KM

That batting lineup has 30/5 written all over it. Although the Marsh brothers are decent players of spin.

Who the feck is this Marnus and Brendan Doggett??

Also no Hazelwood and Cummins is a blow.