Cricket

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
how many years do you think it’ll be until we see the one day test match in india?

dpansheth

Are Cameron Green and Pant injured for Australia and India? Aussies will miss the 5th bowler here.
was in a life-threatening car accident few months back. He's out for the series and a risk to make it to the world cup

zing

Zingle balls
Having 3 spinners who can bowl as they do and then be able to contribute 20-50 runs each is a huge advantage.

AshRK

Having 3 spinners who can bowl as they do and then be able to contribute 20-50 runs each is a huge advantage.
Absolutely. I keep on saying this, the day ashwin retires and Jadeja starts playing less, Indian team in India will be beatable. Unless, of course, we find another quality assets like them, which won't be easy.

kiristao

Absolutely. I keep on saying this, the day ashwin retires and Jadeja starts playing less, Indian team in India will be beatable. Unless, of course, we find another quality assets like them, which won't be easy.
I always considered Yuvraj Singh to be one of India's best all rounders but I think jadeja has gone beyond him with some really good contributions in all 3 forms of the game. Yuvraj was far more effective in ODI's as compared to tests but Jadeja is good with the bat and ball in all 3.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Ozzie’s are going to get trounced aren’t they? :lol: Not sure about the pitch. As a neutral it doesn’t look quite right. India are a great side in all types of conditions, but this pitch takes some of the gloss off their achievement.

zing

Zingle balls
Ozzie’s are going to get trounced aren’t they? :lol: Not sure about the pitch. As a neutral it doesn’t look quite right. India are a great side in all types of conditions, but this pitch takes some of the gloss off their achievement.
This pitch where our number 9 nearly made a century 1 hour ago?

Did you see some Twitter speculation pre-match and decide this was your opinion whatever the outcome?

There's nothing wrong with the pitch.

zing

Zingle balls
Ashwin and Jadeja are bowling incredibly well and no batter is going to get through this -- not just this Australian lineup.

The pacers have been good as well whenever they're on.

NM

A pitch that we scored 400 on and our last 3 wickets made 180 runs takes some gloss off the achievement. Feck off. Bitter :lol::lol:.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Australia is doing some very very bad batting.

Dropping Kahwaja makes zero sense and Warner is pretty much done at this level.

The Victorian Murphy looked good though.

Rams

The Indian spinners are good, but not that good. India are a great side full of talented players, they don’t need conditions so heavily doctored in their favour. And as an Englishman I’d much rather see India beat Australia :D

Rams

If we want to create more interest in test cricket we need to create a better spectacle between on paper the 2 premier test sides in the World.

NM

@Rams you don't have a clue. That's all. Try another sport, or wait till we come to England and suddenly green tops are a great pitch. There's nothing wrong with this pitch.

NM

An idiot tried to sweep or reverse sweep every ball and some jokers will say its a bad pitch.

Rams

An idiot tried to sweep or reverse sweep every ball and some jokers will say its a bad pitch.
How many wickets have the seamers got so far? An Ozzie debutant spinner gets a 7 for against such a talented batting side? Surely to get bums on seats for test cricket India needs to produce better wickets than this one. And yes Australia’s batsman are imploding, but that doesn’t make the pitch a good one.

zing

Zingle balls
How many wickets have the seamers got so far? An Ozzie debutant spinner gets a 7 for against such a talented batting side? Surely to get bums on seats for test cricket India needs to produce better wickets than this one. And yes Australia’s batsman are imploding, but that doesn’t make the pitch a good one.
How many wickets do spinners get in England or Australia? Are all those pitches doctored as well?

Are debutants not allowed to get 7 fors?

Are we just going to speak in logical fallacies?

Todd Murphy bowled very well by the way but maybe we should make a separate thread for people who watch the cricket..

Rams

I’ve watched so many greats tests the past 12 months, edge of your seat stuff, then you get the inevitability of this one against on paper the 2 best sides in cricket. Such a shame if you ask me and unnecessary.

NM

How many overs did the seamers bowl? The aussie commentators were crying for their seamers to bowl more too. You haven't watched the game and I'm going to stop respondinng to an obvious troll.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Australia needs to pick Cameron Green, the extra pacer is handy but his Height would allow him to reach further down the pitch while batting.

India has played the conditions perfectly when batting and bowling and Australia has not. It is what it is

TheGame

I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again. It is up to the visiting team to adapt to the home conditions. As long as the pitch isn’t dangerous, then it’s not an issue as that is the home advantage. The same goes for seaming and other conditions across the world. As an England fan, I would expect teams to adapt to conditions when touring England.

prateik

India scored 400. The pitch that was doctored to be tougher for the left handers was the same pitch where the only 2 Indian left handers (#6 and #8), scored 70 and 84. That is almost as much as Aus scored in their 1st innings.
Shami, India's #10, scored 37 and survived 47 balls..

Aus just cant play spin .. at all..

bleedred

The last time Australia played a test series in India was in 2016. Most of these players are inexperienced in Indian conditions, their squad is plagued by injuries, didn't play any practice games and to top it off, questionable selection decisions. Yet, they are losing because of the "doctored" pitch because it fits the narrative of people who just check the scores and don't actually bother watching the game.

AshRK

India scored 400. The pitch that was doctored to be tougher for the left handers was the same pitch where the only 2 Indian left handers (#6 and #8), scored 70 and 84. That is almost as much as Aus scored in their 1st innings.
Shami, India's #10, scored 37 and survived 47 balls..

Aus just cant play spin .. at all..
I would also add Lyon was poor. He just looked listless. Australia if they are to win a match need Lyon to bowl better than what he did.