Cricket

AshRK

It only bothers me here. I'm not active anywhere else and don't think about cricket unless there's an india match on (no ipl nonsense either). It actually bothers me because I'm worried it's just racism disguised in another form. I hope I'm wrong
I won't say racism but definitely a biasness. You could even hear in world cup matches that we were doing well because of pitches, which didn't even make sense.

Anyways we will have more moaning in a month or so to come from the so called "experts"

NM

I won't say racism but definitely a biasness. You could even hear in world cup matches that we were doing well because of pitches, which didn't even make sense.

Anyways we will have more moaning in a month or so to come from the so called "experts"
Questioning why the bias is there is what is leading me to say it's possibly racism. I'm running low on other answers.

NM

I agree racism can be cloaked in many ways but i think this is much more of a lazy cliche (typical India preparing a turner to beat us) rather than anything more sinister.

It's also made out to be far bigger thing online/the most extreme voices shout the loudest. Vast majority of Cricket lovers in England are not fussed it's part of the game, there was just the one pitch on the last tour that was farcical but you can get the odd one like that anywhere like a green top in England (or the one we just saw in SA...).
Lazy cliches are formed because of... That's kind of the point I'm making. I agree it's the loudest voices, but it just strikes me as strange.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
In fairness on this one there’s generally no major interest in England to see the team get beat quite comprehensively to make it worth the networks to make a decent bid. Add on the fact that the tests will last 2-3 days at most making it even less appealing for Sky or TNT

IRN-BRUno

This seems to happen every fecking year with the home cricket board trying to make as much money as possible.

Mail are reporting that TNT Sports have now agreed a deal to show this and all of India's home series for the next 5 years.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
McGrath, Lee, Gillespie & Warne vs Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood, and Lyon - who you taking?

zing

Zingle balls
The first one by a country mile, I don't even have it close.
Gilchrist on comms yesterday said he thinks the current quartet is their best ever

But I agree with you. Current lot is great bowlers, but McGrath and Warne are a different category.

This bowling attack lost two home test series to India at home while at their peak. I don't think that should be ignored.

Last edited:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Gilchrist on comms yesterday said he thinks the current quartet is their best ever

But I agree with you. Current lot is great bowlers, but McGrath and Warne are a different category.

This bowling attack lost two home test series to India at home while at their peak. I don't think that should be ignored.
And have never won a series in England...

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
The first one by a country mile, I don't even have it close.

I'd say McGrath, Warne, and Cummins are shoe ins.

Lee, Starc & Hazlewood are in close contention for the fourth spot.

I'd have above Gillespie below the group (marginally).

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'd say McGrath, Warne, and Cummins are shoe ins.

Lee, Starc & Hazlewood are in close contention for the fourth spot.

I'd have above Gillespie below the group (marginally).
I have McGrath and Warne as god like status, particularly Warne.

I love watching Cummins, he'll go down as a great and rightly so - but I do think not winning a series in India or England hurts the legacy a bit.

I'd have Lee above Starc in test cricket (opposite in ODI's maybe?). Hazlewood I find hard to define.

zing

Zingle balls
I have McGrath and Warne as god like status, particularly Warne.

I love watching Cummins, he'll go down as a great and rightly so - but I do think not winning a series in India or England hurts the legacy a bit.

I'd have Lee above Starc in test cricket (opposite in ODI's maybe?). Hazlewood I find hard to define.
All good assessments imo.

I think Starc was not that good in tests for the most part. Last 3 years he's been good. I would not have him in a "great bowler" discussion..

Hazlewood - does not have the numbers to be in truly elite category(25 average makes him 'very good' and one of Australia's best ever) but I simply love watching him bowl. He is the perfect test cricket bowler - beautiful rhythm

Cummins is an all timer and belongs on a list of 3 best bowlers in last 15 years - Steyn, Anderson, Cummins. He had a very poor tour of India last time though.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Is Cummins the most clutch cricketer for this generation? The guy is just an absolute hero.

Cloud7

This is the first time I’m watching Shamar play. What a talent this boy is :devil:

Dannn411

So happy to see the Windies playing like this. World cricket needs a good Windies test and ODI team. Been way too long. Shamar Joseph playing out of his mind.

zing

Zingle balls
It’d be very typical of smith to take them to a win here amidst these victory speeches..

Dan_F

feck off Pat Cummins :lol:

Declared 22 runs behind the prick
I wasn’t paying attention in detail to this match. What was the reasoning? Only interested after all the discourse that we had to hear about Stokes after the first test of the ashes.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I wasn’t paying attention in detail to this match. What was the reasoning? Only interested after all the discourse that we had to hear about Stokes after the first test of the ashes.
Pink ball, best time to bowl historically is the final hour under lights.

On paper made slightly more sense than Stokes declaring 8 down with Root smashing it everywhere on the first day of a 5 match series. But both were daft to do it nonetheless.

Dan_F

Pink ball, best time to bowl historically is the final hour under lights.

On paper made slightly more sense than Stokes declaring 8 down with Root smashing it everywhere on the first day of a 5 match series. But both were daft to do it nonetheless.
Fair enough. I don’t mind either decision.