Cricket

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
feck off Pat Cummins :lol:

Declared 22 runs behind the prick
It was extremely disrespectful to the WI. He just thought his team was way too good to lose and they would restore "business as usual" in the 2nd innings.

Well it bit him in the arse, and they lost.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It was extremely disrespectful to the WI. He just thought his team was way too good to lose and they would restore "business as usual" in the 2nd innings.

Well it bit him in the arse, and they lost.
He wanted to have a bowl under lights with the pink ball as he thought he could pick up a 1-2 quick wickets, with the scores being par (or just about). He managed to get Chanderpaul quickly. But Shamar Joseph just blew them away in the second innings. A great debut.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
He wanted to have a bowl under lights with the pink ball as he thought he could pick up a 1-2 quick wickets, with the scores being par (or just about). He managed to get Chanderpaul quickly. But Shamar Joseph just blew them away in the second innings. A great debut.
I absolutely understand why he did it. But in a tight match in a relatively low scoring game runs become extremely important. The Aussie bowlers did their job in the 2nd innings by bowling out the West Indies for under 200 but at the end of the day his batsmen couldn't come up with enough runs.

I don't think he would have made a similar decision if they'd been playing India.

zing

Zingle balls
Does Shamar Joseph remind anyone else of Archer? Effortless pace and great areas - it was so good to watch.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
S.A. fielding 6 debutants in their test series against NZ due to the t20 tournament. Utterly stupid and getting smashed as well.
Yea it’s really poor from SA. If I was NZ, I’d be miffed.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
All over in Canberra. Australia win with 43.1 overs to spare.

WI all out for 86.
Australia 87-2 off 6.5 overs.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
RIP Mike Procter. One of the best all rounders. Shame his test career was so brief.
Didn't know he'd passed. Damn shame. Remember first time I saw him was playing for the Rest of the World against England in 1970 after SA's tour of England had been canceled. Great player.

RIP Mike.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Neil Wagner retired today.
Limited talent, incredible attitude.

KM

I see NZ playing their very own Mason Greenwood and nobody giving a shit. Pathetic.

zing

Zingle balls
Me after day 1: "Finally NZ have started competing with Aus"

That didn't last long

zing

Zingle balls

This guy has the most ridiculous compilation of catches

KM

NZ should win this now.

Fair to say Smith moving to open has failed.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Marsh is great to watch and Starc/Cummins do occasionally play a blinder at the back end so there's a chance for Aus but NZ deserve a draw from this series.

They don't win away from home very often

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
NZ should win this now.

Fair to say Smith moving to open has failed.
Im the first to admit that whilst I love cricket I’m no expert. Is it really a big change going from 3 to 1 or 2? I get that it’s a new ball, but Smith must have come in at 3 ton of times after an early dismissal of one of the openers.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Cummins is the most clutch player of this gen. For someone who isn’t a genuine all-rounder, the amount of times he wins them games with the bat is bonkers.

zing

Zingle balls
Cummins is the most clutch player of this gen. For someone who isn’t a genuine all-rounder, the amount of times he wins them games with the bat is bonkers.
Man thrives on killing opposing fans' dreams

World cup was similar - he's never looked a great ODI captain, nor a great ODI bowler.. but the finals execution was flawless.

Test bowling he's top 3 bowler of last 20 years, but there's so many other things he adds to the team..

KM

He has to be already in Australia's top5 players ever. Unreal.

WPMUFC

Cummins god tier status in Australia means he can even hit the winning runs to deny Carey a 100 and no one blinks an eye :lol:

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Been saying this for ages. He's the personification of clutch.

LDUred

Think Cummins is a better bat than his average of just over 17.

To play that well under pressure in chases you have to be decent technically. He did it against England under huge pressure as well.

If it wasn't for the captaincy and being the lynchpin of the attack his average would probably be more like 25.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
That was a huge knock for Carey. He's been shite since the Bairstow incident and was about to be dropped.

Also a big win for the Aussies, blew a 2-0 lead in the Ashes having lost in India. Then drew with a shite west indies team at home.

LDUred

That was a huge knock for Carey. He's been shite since the Bairstow incident and was about to be dropped.

Also a big win for the Aussies, blew a 2-0 lead in the Ashes having lost in India. Then drew with a shite west indies team at home.
Think Australia need to make a break with the Smudge experiment and bring in a natural opener like Bancroft or Renshaw to partner Khawaja. I know that neither have set the world alight but Smith is a match proven match winner batting in his favoured position.

His technique has looked really suspect and a big LBW candidate shuffling across his stumps.

Last edited:

zing

Zingle balls
The BCCI gets a lot flak but they do a good job of governing cricket here. For non Indians, they recently announced huge match fees for test cricket.. there are slabs based on how many games you start per season but regular starters match fee has been increased by $50,000 US per match.

Shreyas got dropped and refused to play ranji choosing to prep for ipl, and Ishan as well refused a call up allegedly, and was seen preparing for the ipl. Both of them had their central contracts canceled.

Also announced some fast bowler grants.