Cristiano Ronaldo’s next club? | Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winrar

Honestly after seeing him struggle against that Korea team getting trounced by brazil now (:() how the hell did he do so bad???

nainaisson

Honestly after seeing him struggle against that Korea team getting trounced by brazil now (:() how the hell did he do so bad???
Tomorrow's game against Switzerland will be a fascinating watch. Can't see how Portugal can win with Ronaldo on the pitch.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Why has Ronaldo nominated a moron like Piers Morgan as his spokesperson? So disappointing

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Why has Ronaldo nominated a moron like Piers Morgan as his spokesperson? So disappointing

Probably because Piers Morgan strokes his ego so much and nobody else will.

Ronaldo could sleep with Morgans wife, punch his kid and set his home on fire and he'd say it was fantastic and praise him for it.

MiracleInMadrid

For him to make that interview and then sign for a completely irrelevant team and league is crazy.

Will be an embarrassing watch seeing him run around shushing the critics in Europe, when he score against League 1-level sides.

Quite the sell out for someone so desperate to still be relevant and in the spotlight.

Erik the Red

Tomorrow's game against Switzerland will be a fascinating watch. Can't see how Portugal can win with Ronaldo on the pitch.
Sommer saves the decisive spot kick from Ronaldo, rips off his Switzerland shirt to reveal a United number 1 shirt with Sommer on the back!!!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
"You have disrespected me by not starting me every match in the Prem."
Then goes to Saudi Arabia. Nice.
They need to give him a palace that has the shape of a bone saw when looked at from a satellite or at least from the private jet that he will be flying into.

No more a subtle message.

justsomebloke

For him to make that interview and then sign for a completely irrelevant team and league is crazy.

Will be an embarrassing watch seeing him run around shushing the critics in Europe, when he score against League 1-level sides.

Quite the sell out for someone so desperate to still be relevant and in the spotlight.
And now there also seems to be a Portuguese backlash, with polling suggesting 70% of Portugal fans don't want him starting tonight and the manager ripping into him for his behavior when being substituted.

Some day soon, he'll wake up one morning, realise he's a Al-Whatever player being paid a shitload for his face value because that was the only value anyone thought he had left, look back on how he handled the preceding year, and maybe, just maybe, conclude he could have handled that better.

Jericholyte2

I blame Jordan Peterson - his whole schtick about victim-hood seems to be exactly the route that Ronaldo has gone down, and what better conduit for that then Pier Morgan?

pogbasformerbarber

If he had any offers outside of SA I’m sure they are pulled after seeing how lethal Portugal look without him. Couple that with how good we look without him and I’m wondering if the SA offer might get pulled…

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Realistically he probably does have offers in europe, it's just not the kind of offers he's interested in. Hence he's taking the saudi's money

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Realistically he probably does have offers in europe, it's just not the kind of offers he's interested in. Hence he's taking the saudi's money
Maybe there is some cheeky bid from some second tier club, I agree, but did you see any rumours about it? I don't think I have

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Sporting still probable on low or zero wages. Even more likely if Portugal to well at the WC.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Sporting still probable on low or zero wages. Even more likely if Portugal to well at the WC.
Portugal played it's best game with Ronaldo on the bench... I don't think this helps him.

El Presidente

But why? Sporting are not in the CL and will hardly be there next year, considering they're currently 4th.
So, what is the end goal here, because to me it seems like he's still holding on for some of the big boys and it's very sad to watch.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That tweet reads like he wants a team that can win the champions meague

ShinjiNinja26

This is becoming very sad now. He’s desperately trying to cling on to playing at the highest level which is commendable but it’s become very apparent to everyone bar himself it seems that he’s finished at that level. The fact that every club that could afford him that competes in the Champions League has flat out rejected him you’d think that would be a big enough hint but obviously not.

Gordon S

The penny will never drop, will it.
No club with ambitions will touch him.

NoLogo

But like what? Probably Newcastle United given their Saudi links. No else in England is touching him.
No German, French, Spanish or Italian team either and the Portuguese teams that would probably consider him can't afford him. He isn't going to be a starter for a team that plays at the highest level anymore, he really should take the last huge paycheck and enjoy his retirement.

Kaos

So PR7 has chosen inevitable humiliation where he'll be subjected to wave after wave of top clubs rejecting him and his agent's advances in January.

Should just take the money and accept his quasi-Royal status in Saudi.

Status
Not open for further replies.