Cristiano Ronaldo’s next club? | Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo88

Paris for 6 months makes sense.

Mbappe, CR7, Messi.

That would be a ridiculous front 3, 4 years ago. Now it's more of a marketing sham but still would be cool to see once or twice.
They wouldnt win shit though.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I feel more and more strongly that he might call it a day (or go back to Sporting, which isn't that different ha ha). He probably should have done this weeks ago and avoided all the headlines and heartaches

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal maybe on a six month contract with his buddy Piers and Jesus out for the foreseeable future. That's the only club I can see in England and can't see that happening. Porto or Benfica who are in the last 16 of the champions might give him six months either. Realistically though would he even start for either of those three? There is a huge decline to the Ronaldo of last season and that's what happens with age. Its sad to see his decline and has said he wants to play till 40 so maybe Saudi Arabian league might be best for him as he won't hack been a bit part player for any decent team and don't think he wants MLS. Sporting probably suit him best if he still wants to play at a top level.
There is zero chance Arteta takes on Ronaldo

Anders Agnalt

This situation is why we should sell players that wants out. Cash in and players out, less stress in the group and no more stupid interviews

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think it's a bit disrespectful to just assume that all the Portuguese clubs are just dying to take on this burden.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I think it's a bit disrespectful to just assume that all the Portuguese clubs are just dying to take on this burden.
The ironic thing is that Portuguese clubs are one of the last to want him.

Portuguese academies often churn out top talents, they will get playing time over a 37 turning 38 year old (February).

I think we'd be hard pressed to find a team that actually wants him (top clubs).

The only reasonable thing a club would do is if they wanted him as a coach or ambassador after this playing career and that's more likely to be Saudi as they want to win the 2030 WC bid.

Anders Agnalt

Mbappe, CR7, Messi.

That would be a ridiculous front 3, 4 years ago. Now it's more of a marketing sham but still would be cool to see once or twice.
They got Mbappe, Messi and Neymar, all of them younger and in greater shape. Why in the world would they swap out Neymar for Ronaldo.

Abhinav

If he had been gracious and humble enough to know his limitations and accept a squad role, he might even have got a contract extension at united (on revised salary to reflect his status). His ego is his downfall and I can’t really think of 1 top club that would be willing to tolerate his baggage for mediocre performances.

Telsim

He will call it a day and immediately start working on his coaching badges so he can win the World Cup as a coach.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Mbappe, CR7, Messi.

Why would they do it ? All 3 of them are better players and they all can interchange in front 3.

Ronaldo would be a huge misfit in that front 3.

No team would touch him at this point. He did the interview at a terrible time. He should have waited until he got a new club. He has had a bad world cup and ETH is just laughing now.

All this shit only for a Saudi club to sign him, play bad in the world cup and see Messi lift the WC.

Man , that's something.

r1z3mu

In my opinion Ronaldo shouldn't disrespect himself and play in SA. Just retire graciously please.
Well, unless he wants to take over Messi as richest football player of all time (being ROAT instead of GOAT in football world).

romufc

Ronaldo will probably retire, benched by United and Portugal totalled with Messi winning the WC would have sent shockwaves through him.

He is probably taking time to take it all in.

Ronaldo gave a perfect example of how to tarnish your legacy in 90 minutes.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
He's worth taking on for 6 months for a CL club. He's still able to score at clutch moments and over a close game it can be the difference.

Marcelinho87

He's worth taking on for 6 months for a CL club. He's still able to score at clutch moments and over a close game it can be the difference.
He's not able though, he missed numerous of what should be easy chances over the course of this season against literal farmers.

Axe2401

Mbappe, CR7, Messi.

No it wouldn't. All the players in their front three are far better than Ronaldo

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If it were me, feck retiring with grace when 500m is on the table. Imo, he's insane if he rejects it.

redcucumber

He arrived to pre season late, I'm sure after the world cup he will be in march shape. Definitely still has something to offer to a CL team.
What level CL team? A side like Maccabi Haifa, maybe. No side that has designs of actually advancing will be interested, though.

InfiniteBoredom

He arrived to pre season late, I'm sure after the world cup he will be in march shape. Definitely still has something to offer to a CL team.
The WC where he played a total of 3 group games plus 20 mins of K.O and was pretty much useless in all of them? The same level he displayed in his ~ 10 starts this season for United, plus a number of sub appearances?

Given his past exploits, your line of thinking is understandable, but sometimes you just have to trust your eyes. His decline this season isn’t just down to a lack of match sharpness, physically he’s so far behind now that the body can’t do what the mind wills it to anymore.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
The WC where he played a total of 3 group games plus 20 mins of K.O and was pretty much useless in all of them? The same level he displayed in his ~ 10 starts this season for United, plus a number of sub appearances?

Given his past exploits, your line of thinking is understandable, but sometimes you just have to trust your eyes. His decline this season isn’t just down to a lack of match sharpness, physically he’s so far behind now that the body can’t do what the mind wills it to anymore.
He had 4 weeks of training since the pause in the season. Played some games and still has another week of training.

Of course he can't do what he used to but I guarantee he's in much better shape than when the season came to a pause.

Gazza

It is deluded to think Ronaldo is not physically done. There is no evidence that he is in better shape now than he was even two months ago. Any attempts to suggest otherwise are based on hope and not evidence.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
It is deluded to think Ronaldo is not physically done. There is no evidence that he is in better shape now than he was even two months ago. Any attempts to suggest otherwise are based on hope and not evidence.
True, however he scored 24/25 goals last season and I don't think he's had such a dramatic drop off in the span of 6 months knowing the way he trains and maintains himself.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Very undignified end to his career. All of his own making. You expect an all time great to recognise his own decline, and lead younger players by example. Become a figure of inspiration rather than derision. He could have offered club and country plenty as a leader and impact sub. Instead he got lost in the vortex of his own narcissism and became a disruptive influence for both. Really disappointing but also not remotely surprising. Ronaldo was always about himself and his goals and role in the team. It’s been a debate for a long time now about whether he actually improves a side in this age of highly functional team units, but he got away with it because he was so good. You figured he’d mature as he got older but he seems stuck in some sort of adolescent time bubble.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
True, however he scored 24/25 goals last season and I don't think he's had such a dramatic drop off in the span of 6 months knowing the way he trains and maintains himself.
He literally did feck all in almost half of the games last season - that's 19 games. And those stats would look even worse if he didn't stat pad vs Norwich and Spurs.

Irwin99

Someone might have whispered in his ear that getting to 1000 career goals should be his next record and that might be achievable in SA.

Gazza

If he plays Norwich and Spurs every week, against whom he scored 8 (eight!) of his goals, he might be alright. When you take out those 8 goals in 4 games, you are left with 16 goals in 35 games. Not terrible, but not enough for a player who literally provides nothing else and needs the attack built around him. In the games he didn't score in, he was not just a passenger but one who slowed down the bus.

Again, there is nothing to suggest he has something to offer except blind faith - which is fine, but to say it's "guaranteed" or whatever is blatantly not true and not based on actual evidence.

Axe2401

The best way to end his carreer would've been a move to Sporting after Juventus (with a lower wage ofc), instead of this comeback to United.

fallengt

He's a luxury poacher. No CL club would want him unless they already built around his playstyle.

CM

Sell Vlahovic to United, replace with Ronaldo?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Will be weird seeing him play in Saudi Arabia. Maybe he can try win the Asian Champions League

pacifictheme

Mbappe, CR7, Messi.

Can't imagine benching neymar for Ronaldo. He's been their best player this season.

MegadrivePerson

Just had a look at the Al Nassr squad and I don't think Ronaldo is guaranteed to start for them. They have Vincent Aboubakar who had a really good world cup for Cameroon and Talisca who is 28 and has got 5 goals in 6 games so far this season.

I can see more time on the bench for him.

Josh 76

Just had a look at the Al Nassr squad and I don't think Ronaldo is guaranteed to start for them. They have Vincent Aboubakar who had a really good world cup for Cameroon and Talisca who is 28 and has got 5 goals in 6 games so far this season.

I can see more time on the bench for him.
I’m sure he would have a clause in his contact to start every match. This signing is not about wining matches, it’s about promoting football in Saudi Arabia.

Status
Not open for further replies.