Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Captain material. Really wish we made a move for him when he was leaving Real Madrid.

I'm one of the ones that said his signing did more harm than good. I still stand by that, but games like yesterday make me think if he was content with not being a guaranteed starter, but coming off the bench, or starting games where we expect to dominate the ball, then he should definitely be kept around.

His heading prowess is still probably the best in world football...is there anyone else you'd want on the end of a cross? He doesn't have the legs to play fast fluid football, but he can absolutely do a job if we need a moment of magic.

Edit: Would be great if he could get another 5 goals and finish on 20 league goals for the season. Something no Manchester United player has done since Robin van Persie!

Foxbatt

I came into this thread expecting some positivity, to join my fellow United fans in hailing the greatest footballer to ever live. Instead, there’s bickering and people still finding ways to criticise the 37 year old who was loyal enough to choose us over City and has already scored 21 goals, single-handedly pulling us out the mire in at least 8 games in the process. Many are also borderline abusing posters who rightfully disagree.

Clearly, Ronaldo has haters for whatever reason that he’ll never shake. Strange, strange bunch.
And he tries his best. Look at him trying to defend in the second half and also trying to lead the counter attack from that move? If we had half the team as dedicated as Ronaldo we would have won some damn trophy for sure.
Everyone agrees that we need a new DM, a new CB and a right back and a winger. Some are calling for a new keeper too. How much do they think all this is going to cost?Pogba and Lingard going for a free. Rashford asking for a bumper pay rise. So the replacement of Ronaldo has to be the biggest priority? Only a lunatic would think it is the biggest problem that United has to face right now.

Foxbatt

Captain material. Really wish we made a move for him when he was leaving Real Madrid.

I'm one of the ones that said his signing did more harm than good. I still stand by that, but games like yesterday make me think if he was content with not being a guaranteed starter, but coming off the bench, or starting games where we expect to dominate the ball, then he should definitely be kept around.

His heading prowess is still probably the best in world football...is there anyone else you'd want on the end of a cross? He doesn't have the legs to play fast fluid football, but he can absolutely do a job if we need a moment of magic.

Edit: Would be great if he could get another 5 goals and finish on 20 league goals for the season. Something no Manchester United player has done since Robin van Persie!
I would not be surprised to see him get another 5 goals this season. Ole should have taken the arm band off Maguire and given it to him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
80% of his career hattricks were scored in La Liga (when he spent 40% of his career there).

If that doesn't prove it's a joke of a league...
It was also when he was in the peak of his powers and quite literally the best or second best player in world football by some distance. League quality is immaterial.

He has 2 hat tricks in the PL at the age of 37 in the space of a month. Joke of a league…?

MalaysianRed7

And he tries his best. Look at him trying to defend in the second half and also trying to lead the counter attack from that move? If we had half the team as dedicated as Ronaldo we would have won some damn trophy for sure.
Everyone agrees that we need a new DM, a new CB and a right back and a winger. Some are calling for a new keeper too. How much do they think all this is going to cost?Pogba and Lingard going for a free. Rashford asking for a bumper pay rise. So the replacement of Ronaldo has to be the biggest priority? Only a lunatic would think it is the biggest problem that United has to face right now.
I agree, it is insane. I genuinely wouldn’t even think of getting rid of him. If we do sign Nunez, which is possible according to Ornstein, they should either coexist or rotate, as a 38 year old Ronaldo would not be able to play every game anyway. He’s clearly still brilliant.

And yeah, fantastic work rate. Another one for the haters: is it not a sad state of affairs that our hat trick scoring 37 year old striker had to constantly chase back due to the inadequacy of our defence and general team shape?

Foxbatt

I agree, it is insane. I genuinely wouldn’t even think of getting rid of him. If we do sign Nunez, which is possible according to Ornstein, they should either coexist or rotate, as a 38 year old Ronaldo would not be able to play every game anyway. He’s clearly still brilliant.

And yeah, fantastic work rate. Another one for the haters: is it not a sad state of affairs that our hat trick scoring 37 year old striker had to constantly chase back due to the inadequacy of our defence and general team shape?
I do not think they are United fans. They are fans of the opposition trying to wind up people.

MalaysianRed7

I do not think they are United fans. They are fans of the opposition trying to wind up people.
I usually don’t go that far in my argument but I have to agree with you again here. How can one be a United fan and dislike Cristiano Ronaldo? He’s having a Zlatan-like impact (maybe more considering the status of the goals he’s scored) in a worse team, and his club legend status should already be well cemented due to his work between 2003-09.

MrEleson

Crazy that he still has an outside chance of getting topscorer.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
So, Daily Mail's writing that Ronaldo's contract includes a £750,000 bonus for reaching 20 goals plus a further £100,000 for his hat-trick strike.

So he's earned £850,000 scoring three against Norwich.

He'll also receive £100,000 for each additional goal he scores this season.

United will also pay their top scorer this season £1m and Ronaldo seems almost certain to achieve that accolade given that he is 12 goals ahead of his closest challenger Bruno Fernandes.
:confused:I must've missed him scoring 20 goals against Norwich to get the £750k.

Yagami

Good post resistant
37 years old and still by far Manchester United’s best player

Dont buy the bollocks that EtH would want him to leave. He’ll want to work with him and get a 30 goal season out of him
Agreed. Why pass up the opportunity to have the biggest winner the sport has ever seen as part of your squad? He's managed to impress in Europe with Haller and Tadic(who I do rate) as his main CFs in recent years. He's not going to be held back by a great like Ronaldo.

Nicolarra90

Well received by who?

"If I give you advice, even if you are younger than me, if you don't implant that during your daily life, it will be difficult,"

"I can speak all day with that person, but if it's not coming from inside of you, it's impossible. I remember when I was 18, 19, 20, some older players spoke with me, but I put that as: 'Cristiano, you have to improve — they know more than you, they are more experienced than you, they passed through many bad moments.'

You give advice and players take it or leave it, you don't force it on them or say self entitled shit like 'if you don't implant that during your daily life, it will be difficult'. What if his advice doesn't work for every individual? Is he a dictator?

How's that not a scathing indictment? Which older players is Ronaldo talking about taking advice from at 18? He got into it big time with Van Nistelrooy who was the older player not happy with Ronaldo's greed on the pitch, who missed Beckham and took it out on Ronaldo to the point his actions hastened his exit as Fergie wasn't having it (coupled with the younger Saha getting game time in the league cup). Van Nistelrooy questioned whether both Rooney and Ronaldo were good enough for the club!

Remember Roy Keane's MUTV rant about young players like Fletcher and Ronaldo? He said similar things, more scathing as he mentioned names, but along the very same lines, and he even said similar things about Rio Ferdinand. Fergie ushered him out and had this to say ": "You don't criticise any Manchester United player outside the doors. I have never done and I won't."

I wonder how Fergie would've viewed this situation. Young players today don't take to criticism like that, even the senior players turned against LVG and Mourinho after their harsh criticisms, it happened to Mourinho before during his second spell at Chelsea and it happened to him at Spurs. Ronaldo was out of hand. Yes he's an iconic player but he's been a hindrance. The team will not suffer under his petulance and resistance to let go of attempting to control the dressing room
Wow... This is one of the most embarrassing posts I've ever seen.

Delete it mate, you are doing yourself no favor.

TeduniChesterman

Well received by who?

"If I give you advice, even if you are younger than me, if you don't implant that during your daily life, it will be difficult,"

"I can speak all day with that person, but if it's not coming from inside of you, it's impossible. I remember when I was 18, 19, 20, some older players spoke with me, but I put that as: 'Cristiano, you have to improve — they know more than you, they are more experienced than you, they passed through many bad moments.'

You give advice and players take it or leave it, you don't force it on them or say self entitled shit like 'if you don't implant that during your daily life, it will be difficult'. What if his advice doesn't work for every individual? Is he a dictator?

How's that not a scathing indictment? Which older players is Ronaldo talking about taking advice from at 18? He got into it big time with Van Nistelrooy who was the older player not happy with Ronaldo's greed on the pitch, who missed Beckham and took it out on Ronaldo to the point his actions hastened his exit as Fergie wasn't having it (coupled with the younger Saha getting game time in the league cup). Van Nistelrooy questioned whether both Rooney and Ronaldo were good enough for the club!

Remember Roy Keane's MUTV rant about young players like Fletcher and Ronaldo? He said similar things, more scathing as he mentioned names, but along the very same lines, and he even said similar things about Rio Ferdinand. Fergie ushered him out and had this to say ": "You don't criticise any Manchester United player outside the doors. I have never done and I won't."

I wonder how Fergie would've viewed this situation. Young players today don't take to criticism like that, even the senior players turned against LVG and Mourinho after their harsh criticisms, it happened to Mourinho before during his second spell at Chelsea and it happened to him at Spurs. Ronaldo was out of hand. Yes he's an iconic player but he's been a hindrance. The team will not suffer under his petulance and resistance to let go of attempting to control the dressing room
Damn this post is so embarrassing and hard to read.. I was cringing whilst reading this through the gaps in my fingers as they covered my eyes.

If you perceive advice from the greatest player in the history of the sport as a narcissist forcing his opinion upon young and struggling players, you are the definition of modern day snowflake who possesses zero strength of character and winning mentality.

NewYorkRed

Damn this post is so embarrassing and hard to read.. I was cringing whilst reading this through the gaps in my fingers as they covered my eyes.

If you perceive advice from the greatest player in the history of the sport as a narcissist forcing his opinion upon young and struggling players, you are the definition of modern day snowflake who possesses zero strength of character and winning mentality.
Don’t waste your time on this guy. He has Messi posters in his bathroom and hence naturally hates Ronaldo.

Hope that hattrick ruined your day you miserable ferk.

Marwood

Like I've said here before, you have to enjoy this.

You can't reduce football to just winning trophies or it all becomes a bit miserable.

If you don't appreciate one of the all time greats playing at your club and holding his own at 37 there's no helping you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So, Daily Mail's writing that Ronaldo's contract includes a £750,000 bonus for reaching 20 goals plus a further £100,000 for his hat-trick strike.

United will also pay their top scorer this season £1m and Ronaldo seems almost certain to achieve that accolade given that he is 12 goals ahead of his closest challenger Bruno Fernandes.
You should work for the daily mail or somewhere with that outrageous negative spin on things :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

You can't reduce football to just winning trophies or it all becomes a bit miserable.

If you don't appreciate one of the all time greats playing at your club and holding his own at 37 there's no helping you.
Exactly this.
All these utterly miserable wretches moaning about him, I ask them - Ronaldo aside, what actual pleasure or highlights have there been this season?
I'm struggling to think of many, if any.

SirAF

Ageist

Absolutely this!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Exactly this.
All these utterly miserable wretches moaning about him, I ask them - Ronaldo aside, what actual pleasure or highlights have there been this season?
I'm struggling to think of many, if any.
Considering our still current 3rd top scorer has been in prison since January, it’s fair to say literally noone else comes close.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Considering our still current 3rd top scorer has been in prison since January, it’s fair to say literally noone else comes close.
I think you meant accused of a crime and on bail, but yes, of course.

MrEleson

Insane stat. Just shows how stratospheric the standards are that Ronaldo has set for himself that people still consider a season where he’s on par with players 10+ years younger than him to be his worst season while they’re having some of their best form.

Red00012

That’s enough for me

Mickson

I usually don’t go that far in my argument but I have to agree with you again here. How can one be a United fan and dislike Cristiano Ronaldo? He’s having a Zlatan-like impact (maybe more considering the status of the goals he’s scored) in a worse team, and his club legend status should already be well cemented due to his work between 2003-09.
Because he's a cnut who also wanted to join City, and let alone the fact that he called himself a slave here when United didn't let him go to Madrid. The surprising thing is rather that so many seem to be kissing his ass despite the fact that he doesn't care about United, only himself. He's no saint outside the pitch either, which is kind of problematic when you consider our off-the-pitch problems with some of our players lately...

Ronaldo is very good for his age but as a player, he isn't anything special anymore. He has like 6, 7 great games this season, the rest very mediocre or even poor. He's obviously an all-time great and all that but I have no love for him, and I know many who feel the same way. Cantona, Scholes, Charlton etc is United greats, not Ronaldo.

Deery

Dreary
Some weird bastards on here, one of our players scores a hat trick and wins us the game and he’s called a cnut?

After all the over the top criticism the last 7 months you’d think there’d be a smidgen of embarrassment but no.

bakalhau

Insane stat. Just shows how stratospheric the standards are that Ronaldo has set for himself that people still consider a season where he’s on par with players 10+ years younger than him to be his worst season while they’re having some of their best form.
Nailed it there. People saying he's finished but many of them are still judging him as needing to score 40 a season to prove himself to be of any worth.

EtH

Some weird bastards on here, one of our players scores a hat trick and wins us the game and he’s called a cnut?

After all the over the top criticism the last 7 months you’d think there’d be a smidgen of embarrassment but no.
A hat trick against Norwich doesn’t change how many feel about him or the road to nowhere his return transfer is.

evil_geko

Because he generally is, his football skills have nothing to do with him often acting like a petulant child. No amount of goals will change that.

Nothing weird about that, what weird is the fanboy cult around him where he can do no wrong, that is the weird thing.

ShinjiNinja26

Because he generally is, his football skills have nothing to do with him often acting like a petulant child. No amount of goals will change that.

Nothing weird about that, what weird is the fanboy cult around him where he can do no wrong, that is the weird thing.
Who gives a feck though? He’s in the team to score goals and that’s exactly what he’s doing. You think we’re shite now just imagine where we’d be without his goals.

Deery

Dreary

So it equates to him being a cnut? Your bitterness is just shining through now..

evil_geko

You can almost taste the bitterness through the post :lol:
Sure, ok. You literally don't make any sense, but ok.

"Oh man, he insulted my lad, what to respond, I will just call him bitter, argument won, easy!"

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Wrong thread I know but. I had a dream the other night where I saw will smith and I was bantering him saying 'get your god damn wife's name out my fecking mouth' expecting him to go yea yea, but no. He slapped me hard in the cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.