Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Its funny seeing Ronaldo fans lecturing United fans on whether he is a United legend

Phil Osophy

Maybe Monaco if they qualify to the CL in the playoffs? Mendes has connections there, or he had at least before, for a long time. They got fresh money from Tchouameni too.

I'm not sure if Ronaldo would spend one year at Monaco just to play 6 or 8 CL games truth be told, but the thing is we don't know all the real reasons for him to leave even if reports talk about signings and ambition. I have the suspicion (maybe wrong) that he knows he won't be captain, probably becoming a more rotational figure with more physical and tactical demands, and surely as a central striker where (as Rangnick said) he doesn't like to play.

Depending on how much he wants to leave I think his search will end at Bayern, Chelsea, PSG and he'll come back soon... or if he's more eager he'll go deeper exploring options like Napoli, Monaco or Sporting where he could be the "franchise player" and probably have all these privileges that I suspect he won't have here anymore.

I've read in many comments that maybe this is a big step down he doesn't want to take yet, but being realistic his career as an elite player is virtually over. The market has spoken and there's no Bayern, PSG or Chelsea neither this season nor the next one when he's 38 years old. If he's not open to become a more secondary and adaptative figure I guess he has to explore those alternative options.

These are good clubs that maybe appreciate having such an iconic player and increasing their commercial pull. And if that's the case they could offer him these tactical conditions so he can be carried, play every game with total freedom and probably even adapt formations, so he can play right behind an actual number 9 as he prefers to do. No club from the very first row will adapt around this version of Ronaldo anymore and I reckon it's our case too under ten Hag.

Theo88

I just think the time we tolerate this kind of behaviour from players should be over. Ship him out and draw a line in the sand. With regards to Martial, I would want competition for him, it's not likely we'd go out and buy an 80-100m forward anyway. But a prospect who fits the profile of player we need would be sensible.

Whether or not Ronaldo wants to go to club a, b, or c is irrelevant. He's dragged the club through the mud and his agent has been trying to whore him out to all the usual suspects but no takers. Well, tough shit. But it should have consequences. I guess the only reason he's not booted out of the club now is because of commercial value. The bare minimum should be that he's no longer some untouchable and if he has a strop when he's subbed off that he's told in no uncertain terms to shut his fecking mouth.
I thought that we were happy to ship him out. The question is what is it you do if nobody is willing to pick him up. Release him ?

I still think he is a better option than Martial up front but obviously he needs to practice and get integrated in whatever system the manager is trying to drill in the players.

We have some tough decisions ahead reg Ronaldo and there’s no easy or correct choice. The sentimentality and the ‘angry Cr7 will prove you wrong’ statements should go away though. Not even Pogba the ‘virus’ would dare to disappear on us or officially go out and state he wont play for UTD and from a point onwards it was made obvious to him that he is replaceable.

Lastly i call bullshit on the ‘team quality’ concerns. A team of DDG, Varane, Bruno, Sancho, potentially FDJ and Ericksen and CR7 is not deep but is still quality. This is driven by salary issues and that reduction because we didnt get CL

RedDevilRoshi

I literally never mentioned money as the sole reason.
That doesn’t add up to your earlier posts below then when folk mentioned Sporting, Leipzig & Dortmund as his next possible destinations….

He wants the money though.
He wants to paid what he feels he is worth. People who think he doesn't care about that havnt followed him at all. He left Madrid because he wanted a bigger salary and didn't get it.

lsd

The Oracle
Is he done with his family issues?

By all accounts it's to do with his partners state of mind after their miscarriage in April.

If she is suffering from depression then it's understandable the thought of going back to where it happened is not making things easier.

That's what I believe is the issue

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s made his choice, get rid of the stroppy wanker.

Let’s face it we became the ronaldo show last year. I was happy to put up with it as he’s a goal scorer but that period over winter was fecking dreadful. the guy could barely control the ball, he broke down every attack.

combine it with a lack of work rate - then he’d proceed to storm off the pitch at full time and not even wave goodbye to the fans who chanted his name for 90 minutes.

Let him go be a egomaniac elsewhere.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
What do you know about being a United fan. You supposedly support Fiorentina.
Your statement has no link to mine, but nice try though. All i see here are some Ronaldo fans trying to convince/lecture some United fans that he is a United legend. Some United fans agree, some do not. Didn’t say I am a United fan though, just said I found the “trying to convince/lecture” part funny. Chill man :lol:

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I thought that we were happy to ship him out. The question is what is it you do if nobody is willing to pick him up. Release him ?

I still think he is a better option than Martial up front but obviously he needs to practice and get integrated in whatever system the manager is trying to drill in the players.

We have some tough decisions ahead reg Ronaldo and there’s no easy or correct choice. The sentimentality and the ‘angry Cr7 will prove you wrong’ statements should go away though. Not even Pogba the ‘virus’ would dare to disappear on us or officially go out and state he wont play for UTD and from a point onwards it was made obvious to him that he is replaceable.

Lastly i call bullshit on the ‘team quality’ concerns. A team of DDG, Varane, Bruno, Sancho, potentially FDJ and Ericksen and CR7 is not deep but is still quality. This is driven by salary issues and that reduction because we didnt get CL
I would have liked to have seen the club call his bluff. Stating that if he wants out there's a price that the club is happy to let him go for. If no one comes for him then he'll have to get used to being one of many in a team. But we didn't.

Red00012

He’ll start up top v Brighton.
And he’ll score

You heard it here first

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Whether or not Ronaldo wants to go to club a, b, or c is irrelevant. He's dragged the club through the mud and his agent has been trying to whore him out to all the usual suspects but no takers. Well, tough shit. But it should have consequences. I guess the only reason he's not booted out of the club now is because of commercial value. The bare minimum should be that he's no longer some untouchable and if he has a strop when he's subbed off that he's told in no uncertain terms to shut his fecking mouth.
He's coming home then? :nervous: :nervous:

Please... Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad and Krishna, someone please take him. Turkish clubs interested? MLS?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He’ll start up top v Brighton.
And he’ll score

You heard it here first
He might very well do so. But he'll limit what we can do tactically as a team and he'll be a moody cnut around the place.

Theo88

He's coming home then? :nervous: :nervous:

Please... Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad and Krishna, someone please take him. Turkish clubs interested? MLS?
I seriously doubt a Turkish club can sustain Ronaldo.
The only sensible option in my mind is MLS.
Rooney just got a job there maybe they can reunite

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I'm not convinced it would be all about wages he still believes he's got a couple of years banging in CL goals.

Am not gonna get on his back anyway the family have had a shit time and he did provide most of the very meager high points from last season.

Woziak

By all accounts it's to do with his partners state of mind after their miscarriage in April.

If she is suffering from depression then it's understandable the thought of going back to where it happened is not making things easier.

That's what I believe is the issue
And that’s totally understandable. We just know that eventually it won’t end well so see how he starts and maybe promise him a chance to move in January to a CL team as this is now allowed after we exercise the plus 1 in his contract so someone had to pay a transfer fee of £20M for a 38 year old Don, I’m sure someone will, by that time Chelsea could be desperate or playing in Europa League with us. I think if we could get the right striker now the board not the sponsors would be happy for him to go!

r1z3mu

Finally we got rid of Pogba with all his drama and now we have another primadonna or should I say MU legend wannabe who wants to spoil our season. He dumped us when he was 24 and he wants to do the same now. I hope when season starts he is not going to be here. Yes, I'm angry that we have this cloud over our team.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I hope ETH shows a bit more empathy
Reading the last few pages of this thread would really, really make you lose faith in humanity. For multiple reasons, like people citing a photo in The Sun to take the moral high-ground against someone who lost a child a couple of months ago. Christ Almighty. Anyway, thanks for being one of the few with any bit of empathy. That's this thread on ignore for me.

OpenIntrovert

I hope ETH shows a bit more empathy
Not to worry, ETH is not as delusional as the ones here. He knows Ronaldo is in a difficult family situation, so the club and him are giving the space to resolve it.

Seriously the people here dont seem like Manchester United fans. Can mods do a check on some of these guys and see if they are liverpool fans in disguise?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The Sun is just picking up on the pictures Georgina posted. Nothing more than that.

Its not like they are making up these glam photos she, herself posted.
A pic of her and two of the kids is hardly conclusive proof of family issues though and don't want to derail the thread with tittle tattle.

ClassOf'99

A pic of her and two of the kids is hardly conclusive proof of family issues though and don't want to derail the thread with tittle tattle.
You picked the wrong poster to reply to for that, almost derailed the FDJ thread with his hard on for hating Ronaldo.

I understand the anger with Ronaldo trying to leave again but the only way we lose is if he leaves late window.

If he leaves with suitable time for a replacement it's a win-win, he gets his move and we get to hit the reset button up top for ETH to work with.

If he stays it's still a win-win, Ronaldo will try to prove he's still got it for next summer when he wants to remain at the top, so we get a prolific goalscorer with a point to prove and a year to find a suitable replacement.

InfiniteBoredom

He was a key player in your last CL win and in your premier league dominance from 2006-09. So much so that he won a Balon D or their.

But ya I guess he didn’t do much.
We gave him the platform to develop from a showboating skinny Portuguese kid into the best player in the world age 23. He was well compensated for his service and earned his move to Madrid without much hassle.

So indeed yes, we didn’t owe him anything for those years, the relationship was mutually beneficial. And you Ronaldo lickspittles can get to feck if you think we have to bow down and prostrate before him now that other European big dogs deem him too shit to be bothered with and he has to about face and stay here.

AndySmith1990

Reading the last few pages of this thread would really, really make you lose faith in humanity. For multiple reasons, like people citing a photo in The Sun to take the moral high-ground against someone who lost a child a couple of months ago. Christ Almighty. Anyway, thanks for being one of the few with any bit of empathy. That's this thread on ignore for me.
If you think people being critical of a narcissistic man-child on a United forum is a reason to lose faith in humanity , all I can say is you've led a very sheltered life.

Esquire

I just think the time we tolerate this kind of behaviour from players should be over. Ship him out and draw a line in the sand. With regards to Martial, I would want competition for him, it's not likely we'd go out and buy an 80-100m forward anyway. But a prospect who fits the profile of player we need would be sensible.

Completely with you. Was always a CR7 fan before, and to some extent understood his gripe about us not being competitive, but he needs to go as he threw the club under the bus.

Esquire

You picked the wrong poster to reply to for that, almost derailed the FDJ thread with his hard on for hating Ronaldo.

I understand the anger with Ronaldo trying to leave again but the only way we lose is if he leaves late window.

If he leaves with suitable time for a replacement it's a win-win, he gets his move and we get to hit the reset button up top for ETH to work with.

If he stays it's still a win-win, Ronaldo will try to prove he's still got it for next summer when he wants to remain at the top, so we get a prolific goalscorer with a point to prove and a year to find a suitable replacement.
Can’t see how that works out. Superstar with superstar ego having thrown the club under the bus. And you assume he will come back into the fold fully on board when everyone knows no other club wanted him b/c his flaws at this stage in his career are there for all to see. For all his exacting standards and professionalism we all extolled before, his teammates will always know he wanted no part of being in the team and impliedly called all of them crap. Can’t seeing Ronaldo asking his teammates for understanding or forgiveness. Given all of this can’t see how it’s going to be a wi-win. He will be too much of a disruption.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
We gave him the platform to develop from a showboating skinny Portuguese kid into the best player in the world age 23. He was well compensated for his service and earned his move to Madrid without much hassle.

So indeed yes, we didn’t owe him anything for those years, the relationship was mutually beneficial. And you Ronaldo lickspittles can get to feck if you think we have to bow down and prostrate before him now that other European big dogs deem him too shit to be bothered with and he has to about face and stay here.
Nobody is saying too bow down. The truth is with his wages it’s hard for him to get a move if he wanted too because the return would not be worth it as he only has maybe 2 years left of top level football. Then again United can not complain because A 38 Ronaldo is still thr best player at your club and I don’t think United could attract a top young talent at this moment.
Like I said if he leaves and wants to leave I don’t see why the fans would be mad. He could have gone to city and committed suicide coming back to United to Appeal to Ferguson and his older teammates, he paid his dues at United.

If he stays then it’s also a win because he is the best player in the team and was the third top goal scorer in a dysfunctional squad.

And like I said, if it comes out that their was family issues after all then their will be many people wearing clown masks in this forum.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Not to worry, ETH is not as delusional as the ones here. He knows Ronaldo is in a difficult family situation, so the club and him are giving the space to resolve it.

Seriously the people here dont seem like Manchester United fans. Can mods do a check on some of these guys and see if they are liverpool fans in disguise?
It’s a bi polar fan base, love you this week and hate you next week. Your the best then your the worst. Call him shite yet cry that he ***supposedly*** wants to leave.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He’s made his choice, get rid of the stroppy wanker.

Let’s face it we became the ronaldo show last year. I was happy to put up with it as he’s a goal scorer but that period over winter was fecking dreadful. the guy could barely control the ball, he broke down every attack.

combine it with a lack of work rate - then he’d proceed to storm off the pitch at full time and not even wave goodbye to the fans who chanted his name for 90 minutes.

Let him go be a egomaniac elsewhere.
wow so now it's in your contract that you have to wave to the fans at the end? I've never worried about this: it's a nonsense and a PR stunt. and as for attacking his work rate: did you see the other guys last season?

Laurencio

Tuchel doesn't want him. Bayern has said no. PSG has said no. Real Madrid aren't interested. Barcelona have their sights set on Lewandowski. None of the italian clubs are keen. Atletico doesn't want him. It seems like Spurs is the only place left for him to go in England, for a manager he's vetoed twice now reportedly, and I highly doubt he plays ahead of Kane. So that's probably a no go.

What's left? Sporting Lisbon for a swansong season before heading to the MLS? He wants CL, so I doubt he's heading to the US right now.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Tuchel doesn't want him. Bayern has said no. PSG has said no. Real Madrid aren't interested. Barcelona have their sights set on Lewandowski. None of the italian clubs are keen. Atletico doesn't want him. It seems like Spurs is the only place left for him to go in England, for a manager he's vetoed twice now reportedly, and I highly doubt he plays ahead of Kane. So that's probably a no go.

What's left? Sporting Lisbon for a swansong season before heading to the MLS? He wants CL, so I doubt he's heading to the US right now.
hope all this is correct because I think he still has loads to offer, especially when he's happy. Get the team playing well and he will respond. His criticism of the side last season is hardly wrong and I don't think anyone here can tell what's going on at home unless you too have lost a child

Status
Not open for further replies.