Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

Said it before, but isn't joining Atletico a massive slap in the face to Real Madrid fans, like him joining City or Liverpool would be to us? Or is the culture over there more like Italy where big players can easily play for and transfer from all the big teams?

suheilsworld

It is shocking this guy has more supporters from our club. He deserves to be booed!

Maguire, even though has been relatively decent, still get a dressing down from our fans.

Ronaldo needs to be shown his place. Absolute shambolic his behavior this transfer window. All the things he said when joining the club seems to be read out from a script.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Said it before, but isn't joining Atletico a massive slap in the face to Real Madrid fans, like him joining City or Liverpool would be to us? Or is the culture over there more like Italy where big players can easily play for and transfer from all the big teams?
Neither Ronaldo or Real Madrid fans would give a flying f*ck if he joined A. Madrid.
Its a free market and Real got his best years, why should any of their fans care ?

Irwin99

Neither Ronaldo or Real Madrid fans would give a flying f*ck if he joined A. Madrid.
Its a free market and Real got his best years, why should any of their fans care ?
For the same reason it would have sucked seeing Ronaldo sign for City or how Paul Ince played for Liverpool after all those years at United. It's not cool seeing a player you once loved playing for your biggest rivals unless there's a very big gulf in standing (e.g., when Big Pete or Andy Cole played for City)

As i asked, maybe the culture is more akin to Italy in Spain? although Luis Figo got a ton of abuse when he switched from Barca to Real Madrid.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Holy shit that gif is so fecking old. I still remember seeing it on fbtz forums back in 05-06.
Does anyone know what the source was? MUTV's Behind the scenes training sessions?
It's from 2008.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Matteo Moretto is tier 1 for Atletico. Morata to Juve and CR7 to Atletico seems to be the end result of this circus.

Vapor trail

It is shocking this guy has more supporters from our club. He deserves to be booed!

Maguire, even though has been relatively decent, still get a dressing down from our fans.

Ronaldo needs to be shown his place. Absolute shambolic his behavior this transfer window. All the things he said when joining the club seems to be read out from a script.
Maguire has been nowhere close to being relatively decent, he's been relatively poor. It's still not a validation to boo the player however.

Drakul

Maguire hasn't been decent at all unless you are counting pre-season fixtures which DO NOT count. Maguire was atrocious last season. Any other player would have been hounded out of the club if they served up the kind of performances he did week after week. He's been a terrible captain on & off the field. How does a footballer who has been relegated 4x times have people defending him? He's indefensible!

As to Ronaldo, I'd be happy if he left the club. Would show all these top reds how shit we truly are. You cant put lipstick on a pig and expect it to compete in a beauty contest ^^

MrEleson

There was a clip of Rodrigo De Paul randomly doing Ronaldo’s celebration on the way to the field in training recently while speaking to another teammate. There maybe yet some substance to the Atleti rumours after further observation.

DutchCruijff

For the same reason it would have sucked seeing Ronaldo sign for City or how Paul Ince played for Liverpool after all those years at United. It's not cool seeing a player you once loved playing for your biggest rivals unless there's a very big gulf in standing (e.g., when Big Pete or Andy Cole played for City)

As i asked, maybe the culture is more akin to Italy in Spain? although Luis Figo got a ton of abuse when he switched from Barca to Real Madrid.
@giorno

GreatDane

Figo was still in his prime though.

romufc

Maguire hasn't been decent at all unless you are counting pre-season fixtures which DO NOT count. Maguire was atrocious last season. Any other player would have been hounded out of the club if they served up the kind of performances he did week after week. He's been a terrible captain on & off the field. How does a footballer who has been relegated 4x times have people defending him? He's indefensible!
Are you sure you watched last season? Looks like you are saying Maguire was the only player who played badly last season?

Shaw, AWB, Varane, Rashford, Martial all played well last season did they?

So you know what goes on off field to know Maguire is a terrible captain? I guess you know more than Ole, Ralf and ETH. Surprised you are on the Caf and not managing a team.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This is what the media is saying. People take every rumor as undeniable truth.it’s clearly turning into a Ronaldo bashathon at this point. They are just going to keep linking him to as many clubs as possible.
If you want to believe its all invented by the media its up to you. However, it is widely accepted the journalists pushing these stories are close to Jorge Mendes.

I wish that Ronaldo would just go back to Sporting. He would have a serious shot at Liga NOS and be able to play in the Champions League. It'd be much better than this farce.

I hope, in the end, the Atleti stuff comes true and he is able to get a move. Honestly, I think its sad how he's being embarrassed at the moment. I'm not one of those people who likes to see legends of the game humbled.

At first I was amused but, honestly, now its something you don't want to see. Nobody wants it to get like when Roy Jones Jr got to the end of his career and he kept getting knocked down and kept getting back in the ring because he couldn't accept he was no longer at his peak. We're not there yet but...

Last edited:

TOKUGAWA-X

Simeone please take this traitor away from us.

If you do you will always be a hero amongst many United supporters.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Mendes will figure something out, still over a month to find a solution.

Ronaldo leaving will be the best outcome for all parties involved. I personally cannot wait until he leaves, these briefings are fecking shite and are an unwelcome distraction for what Ten Hag is trying to build.

Mmm-Qatarian

He doesn't want the burden of output to be on him? What does he want to contribute to a team then? Does he just want to be a striker who adds naff all to the build-up, doesn't press, and is also not expected to score goals for the side? I'm not sure many Champions League sides will find that to be an attractive prospect.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It takes big courage to forgo ~300m contract for 2 yrs work at his age. I wonder how many would do the same.

That if the rumor is true. But we supposed to believe all those tweets anyway.

Esquire

No one, exactly. If he seriously wants to go, he needs to significantly reduce his wage demands and expect shorter term contracts.

Everything is relative isn't it? I'm sure clubs would happily sign him on a 1 year rolling contract at 100-150k a week to be a squad player, but not on 400k a week for 3 years.
Think the club’s official stance of “not for sale” is right, no need to lower his value ourselves. He will realise he has very little leverage with the club whilst ETH is saying all the right things about him in the public.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

There's your answer. Ronaldo isn't half the player he used to be at this point, so why would they care about a 37/38 year old joining their rivals that he is I'll suited for stylistically? He doesn't get into Real Madrid's team, so why would they want him.

Zed 101

Part of the issue is the "selling" bit, agree he can feck off on a free, we seem hung up on getting fees for players which nobody wants in part because of their wages, we get stuck paying their wages and get no fee, it is aa lose - lose situation, I am sure if we waived the fee he would find a club more easily, on top of that we can take the high ground and give him the middle finger goodbye

prateik

As expected, he will take it easy till the WC to be in peak condition for that and the latter half of the season..

Its a little funny seeing his ego being shattered like this.. he is the GOAT.. and is still a very good player, but at this stage, there arent going to be too many takers..

He'll probably come back with his tail between his legs and accept his role as a squad player.. Would be better if he found a club to take him though..

Status
Not open for further replies.