Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarbonStoolBites

A loan would be a joke for the club. Let him rot in the stands, make an example out of that cnut so players in the future will think twice about behaving like they’re god’s gift to humanity and are more important than Manchester United.

Is there any scope for some kind of castration to be organized by the club? Maybe a public flogging at Old Trafford as a form of repentance? Would you accept him back if he took 40 lashes?
I’ll accept him back if it was Messi who was handing the lashes.

Betson

I reckon if he stays , i.e. no one else shows any interest in him.

I do not think he will sulk or down tools , I suspect he will be professional and do his best.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
He's like a turd that just won't flush.
More like an ex girlfriend that stayed with you for the best years of your life and then broke up with you, devastating you. Living out her prime years whilst you recovered. And now, just as your getting your shit back together, she wants to get back with you, throwing your life into disarray and making you wonder about your future :(

honirelandboy

Get him out of the club or let him rot in the reserves. It will send a message to the entire squad that Manchester United will no longer put up with your personal bullshit and no player is bigger than the club. All he's going to do is cause frustration amongst our other forward players. Look at Benzema after Ronaldo left. Prime Ronaldo would obviously be a no brainer to try and keep him but at 38 we need to look after the players who are going to be here for the next 10 years and not listen to a 38 year who thinks he is in his prime and undroppable. Get him out of the club or let him rot.

NewYorkRed

No loan. No termination of contract. If he wants to leave somebody better pay us 10 mill.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’ve thought from the start of this debacle that Napoli might be where he ends up. Probably why they didn’t go in for Dybala

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Part of me thinks he was really expecting to join Bayern because of Lewa leaving.
Unfortunately for him, unlike us, Bayern aren't run by a bunch of dimwits. They could see a potential problem from miles away.
I want him out, even on loan as long as we don't pay the full salary rather than putting ETH into the same position as Ole & Rangnick where they had to make do with this ancient striker that can't press. It's actually worse now because he doesn't want to be here anymore.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Part of me think he was really expecting to join Bayern because of Lewa leaving. Unfortunately unlike us, Bayern aren't run by a bunch of dimwits. They could see a potential problem miles away.
Or Bayern are being Bayern and are playing the waiting game so he pressures us enough to let him go on a free and that he’ll also be desperate enough to accept lower wages. He’ll end up at Bayern near deadline day.

TsuWave

I’m surprised at people being surprised Ronaldo doesn’t want to stay at a club with no CL. I could have sworn this was a generally accepted thing when we moved off him and it was also a discussion point here throughout the season.

All the pearl clutching and “I used to think of him as, but now” is a bit surprising to me.

Gurtej

No team who has any change of winning CL will take him. Teams like AM and Napoli won’t win CL, and the only reason he wants to go is to protect his goals legacy!!

I really hope we are not stupid to let him go on a loan and extend his contract!! Who wants a 39 year old striker after one year!!

If he really doesn’t want to be here, we should tell him to bring a buyer who can pay us 15-20m and he can go!!

CarbonStoolBites

Yeah, pay nearly half a millie a week to satisfy a moronic need of seeing him “rot in the stands”. Makes sense.
And the alternative is what?
Loan him while still probably having to pay some of his wages?
Terminate his contract and let him go on a free after wasting 15m on him less than a year ago?
At what point do we stop bending over for this clown? Why wasn’t he fined for skipping a month of pre season and acted like a total cnut whilst at it?

Money isn’t everything, let him rot in the stands.

Spark

I reckon if he stays , i.e. no one else shows any interest in him.

I do not think he will sulk or down tools , I suspect he will be professional and do his best.
I'd argue he's effectively already downed tools. Appreciate he has a family issue and it's fair enough that he missed the tour. But he's found time for a load of social media, plus been into Carrington for negotiations. God knows how many other negotiations he's had to dedicate his time to, as Mendes must be on the blower to him daily.

He's throwing away all the goodwill from the fans. Fans that have only ever shown him utter devotion, even when he fecked us off for Real Madrid. There's a way to go about things and publicly booting off and instructing his agent to ship him to any CL club that will have him (but not actually any, one that can afford his astronomical wages) is a slap in the face.

I'm sure no one at the club or any fan would have begrudged him leaving, were it to have been done behind closed doors. I mean the club must have been planning to replace him anyway.

Hopefully the club are working to get rid, free up the wages and reinvest in the future.

Ted Lasso

I’m surprised at people being surprised Ronaldo doesn’t want to stay at a club with no CL. I could have sworn this was a generally accepted thing when we moved off him and it was also a discussion point here throughout the season.

All the pearl clutching and “I used to think of him as, but now” is a bit surprising to me.
Ignorance and hatred flows easier

Borys

Statistics Wizard
A loan would be a joke for the club. Let him rot in the stands, make an example out of that cnut so players in the future will think twice about behaving like they’re god’s gift to humanity and are more important than Manchester United.
There is an universe where this happens.
In this universe he will be a first team player for many reasons. We probably can't afford Ronaldo speaking badly of the club (stock market and so). What a feckery we're in.

Cypriot

Terminate his contract and let him go on a free after wasting 15m on him less than a year ago?
At what point do we stop bending over for this clown? Why wasn’t he fined for skipping a month of pre season and acted like a total cnut whilst at it?

Contradicting.

Also, if an employer was to fine an employee when they were officially on leave for a family issue - how do you think that would go down?

Please think before posting.

Big Andy

Bloke
His obsession with Messi is a massive ego trip. Messi is 16 goals behind him and he's unlikely to catch him up this season anyway. No way Messi will play into his late 30's either, as he's not the physical specimen that Ronaldo is.

That said, it was blatantly obvious in April that top 4 wasn't going to happen, so why wasn't all this started then, rather than now. If he's that precious about the Champions League and sees the Europa League as beneath him, then why not have it in his original contract?

He's burning all the goodwill the fans have for him by acting like a slapped arse just because he wants to stay as the top Champions League scorer.

I hope he goes somewhere like Napoli, scores 0 goals in qualifying and ends up playing in the Europa League by finishing 3rd in the group.

youngrell

He can feck off with the loan suggestion. What is he thinking "get us back in the CL and I'll come back". Fecking cheek of it.

Wicked_Badger

No team who has any change of winning CL will take him. Teams like AM and Napoli won’t win CL, and the only reason he wants to go is to protect his goals legacy!!

I really hope we are not stupid to let him go on a loan and extend his contract!! Who wants a 39 year old striker after one year!!

If he really doesn’t want to be here, we should tell him to bring a buyer who can pay us 15-20m and he can go!!
I don’t think he even wants that. Obviously ideally he doesn’t, but I’m pretty certain that this is mostly about getting an extra 6-8 games in the CL so he can add another 4-6 goals to his tally. It’s literally the best option for him to protect his personal legacy.

Then if we qualify for the CL next year, he’d come back to us and do the same.

MaroonDevil

I don’t want to see Ronaldo in United jersey again. Just leave so United can move on.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Put tartar sauce inside his plain chicken, add vinegar to his plain salad and mix his water with CocaCola. That's how you fight Ronaldo. Once they get into his system, he loses.

TsuWave

Yes, loaning him and having Napoli pay the majority of his wages is a better outcome than keeping him just to “have him rot in the stands”. Why is this even a question?

Yes. Terminating his contract and letting him go on a free is a better outcome than keeping him, paying him nearly half a million per week just to “have him rot in the stands”. Again, why is this a question? :lol:

Both outcomes are much better for United than what you suggested. Paying him nearly half a million per week to prove a point to emotional internet people is much closer to United bending over than the aforementioned outcomes.

Ultimately, the best outcome would be to sell him, but his supposed suitors seems to be waiting for him to pile enough pressure be let go on a free. Alternatively, if he stays, then he will be an active member of the squad. He scored +20 goals last season, and you don’t pay those kind of wages to have him “rot in the stands” so people on redcafe can feel good about themselves.

I don’t know the inner workings of the club, I do know it was reported the club was aware of a family issue - and granted him leave - enough to justify a whole month away? I don’t know, but if the club decided not to fine him then that’s it. I’m not going to be banging keyboard foaming at the mouth about it. The most important thing is finding a resolution that is good for United and I can guarantee you that paying his wages to have him rot in the standa certainly isn’t one, nor is it the grand symbolic action you think it is.

Revaulx

I wouldn't put too much stock into quotes like that. None of us know what went on behind the scenes.

Maybe he sounded the club out as soon as the season ended because he wants CL football, maybe he saw the summer transfer window and got frustrated and wanted to leave at that point, maybe he just dropped it on the club and the media completely out of the blue, who knows.

My main problem is that this isn't an isolated incident for United. For the last few seasons we've constantly had similar disruptions. De Gea wanted to leave and we ended up giving an out of form keeper a ridiculously large contract to get him to stay, Pogba angled for a move away constantly and along with the disruption that caused, the club suffered the embarrassment of losing the same player twice on free transfers after spending a world record fee to bring him back.

The fact that these things keep happening tells me as an outsider that the club has a real problem with player power, recruitment and professional organisation.

That's why regardless of who is more to blame here, it's embarrassing for both parties. Seeing yet another summer where our preparation is disrupted by our best player wanting to leave feels like history repeating itself. Seeing our legendary former manager and the board travel into Carrington for crisis talks with our want away star sucks any optimism out of the supposed fresh start of the Ten Haag era.
De Gea wanted to leave
Is there any scope for some kind of castration to be organized by the club? Maybe a public flogging at Old Trafford as a form of repentance? Would you accept him back if he took 40 lashes?
One wouldn’t know it from posts like this, but you generally seem to be the most level-headed of the Ronaldo fanboys.

I’d be interested to know what you think the club should do. I’m fully supportive of the hard line they seem to be taking.

RuudTom83

The loan move idea is just his agent trying to be creative to drum up some interest. That's after no one was interested early in the summer, and still no one was interested after he came out in public letting every club in the CL know he wanted to leave.

To anyone else this would be a massive embarrassment, but in Ronaldo's head he is probably convinced United are treating him a slave again.

sugar_kane

Surprised there's such resistance to the loan idea here, yes it's a piss take money wise but anything that keeps him away from our dressing room and training pitch is good enough for me.

Ladron de redcafe

I don’t think he even wants that. Obviously ideally he doesn’t, but I’m pretty certain that this is mostly about getting an extra 6-8 games in the CL so he can add another 4-6 goals to his tally. It’s literally the best option for him to protect his personal legacy.

Then if we qualify for the CL next year, he’d come back to us and do the same.
He needs to win the Champions League to have a chance to close the Balón d'or gap, which is his obsession. That's why he's throwing himself at Bayern.

Merely playing at a UCL team isn't going to do anything for him. He's done winning golden boots. His only chance to close the gap is to somehow win another UCL.

spiriticon

Surprised there's such resistance to the loan idea here, yes it's a piss take money wise but anything that keeps him away from our dressing room and training pitch is good enough for me.
If we want him out, we release him from his contract and he can negotiate his 400k a week with somebody else. Any idea that has us paying for part, or all, of his salary while he plays in the CL elsewhere is a no-go.

Wicked_Badger

He needs to win the Champions League to have a chance to close the Balón d'or gap, which is his obsession. That's why he's throwing himself at Bayern.

Merely playing at a UCL team isn't going to do anything for him. He's done winning golden boots. His only chance to close the gap is to somehow win another UCL.
If he thinks he’s getting a gig for one of the 4/5 teams that can win it, he really is completely deluded.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's the fact it seems to come with returning next year, when one more year here and then make a big signing would be the expected solution.

Also, these loan deals seem to smack of us having to foot huge amounts of the wage.
If the other club will pay the wages, just make it a transfer?

Lee565

Yeah, pay nearly half a millie a week to satisfy a moronic need of seeing him “rot in the stands”. Makes sense.
Isn't he on just 350k because of the lack of ucl and also I can imagine with his petulant ways he will end up giving us many reasons to fine him on a lot of occasions.

Tbh though we should have got rid asap this summer, this was the last thing we wanted to see this summer going into a new season with a new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.