Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Get rid. Get Sesko. Ronaldo's done. We don't need a melodramatic 37 year old diva. It's a rebuild. No point keeping him.
Sesko at 50m would be silly. I'd go for Kalajdziz or Dembele and Moukoko as youth prospect (all have 1 year left on their contract)

The Purley King

I would not be against him going there. My one concern about canceling his contract (and I mean properly cancel, not this nonsense about continuing to pay him wages or give him parachute payments) is that he would waltz over to Chelsea on a free. If he goes on a free to Napoli or Atletico, I really couldn't care less - but a premier league rival, now that's a problem.
Why is it a problem if he goes to Chelsea say? He'll drag them down too.

diarm

He can afford to buy himself out. £15m and his wages off the bill. Good luck and thanks.

Rooney24

He’s handled it badly for sure. Clearly he should have found out if there was concrete interest before leaking he wanted away. As it is it seems any interested club isn’t willing to pay a fee and his huge salary. That’s his issue.

I’m really not bothered either way whether he stays or goes to be honest. In saying that if he stays it should be only for one more season and then we let him go

devilish

The guy is a proper little shit isn't he? First he leaves the team who made him with his 'I am a slave' jab. Then he dubs United into sign him by spreading rumours that City wanted him. After that he waited till July to state that he wants out and he expects us to tear his contract out which would forfeit any transfer fee from him whatsoever. The guy had Atletico fans coming out with pitchforks after he tried to use the same trick he did with us with Real Madrid.

If Ronaldo wants out then he either find a club willing to spend money on him or he can buy off his contract from us. If he's as good as he thinks he is then surely the old goat (or is it GOAT) can find a club who would be ready to do so.

devilish

He’s handled it badly for sure. Clearly he should have found out if there was concrete interest before leaking he wanted away. As it is it seems any interested club isn’t willing to pay a fee and his huge salary. That’s his issue.

I’m really not bothered either way whether he stays or goes to be honest. In saying that if he stays it should be only for one more season and then we let him go
We better bring in his replacement now as Ronaldo will be unsufferable next season.

Jacob

To be fair, we don't know what's been said. I think it's the best for both if he goes, I'm kind of thankful for this.

Evidently, the ambition we've showed this summer is not enough for him to believe we can win the league. With his last WC coming up, it makes sense that he wants to have momentum going into the tournament.

Matt851

Madness to think we won't cancel his contract. He would be doing us a favour even if we would be incredibly light upfront

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’m really starting to hate him. I hope he never plays for us again.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Won't be surprised if opinions are divided between people who think he's a legend and people who thinks he's a disgrace.

If he wants to leave, he should just buy out his own contract. He can afford it anyway. I'm sure there'll be clubs willing to take him on a free. Who cares if he goes to a Premier League rival. Would be better if it was Chelsea just to see a Tuchel meltdown.

When he finally fecks off, I'll be glad to see his fans feck off as well. Those weird ones who support whatever club his at like football was an individual game or something.
Exactly, ive never gotten my head around it. Ronaldo isn't playing tennis at wimbledon!

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
We better bring in his replacement now as Ronaldo will be unsufferable next season.
Is there many viable alternatives ?

Top strikers that will join a non cl club who we can afford?

Not sure who there would be but yeah I don't think an unhappy ronaldo will be good to have around.

Can't ronaldo buy himself out if his contract if he really does not want to be here?... he must be rich enough

Lebo

The relationship between United and Ronaldo is like a romantic relationship where the girl leaves the guy for a better dude somewhere. Spends her peak years there and when she is aging, she comes back to her old boyfriend who just recently started a new job and things are looking up for him. It’s quite sad really.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't think his legacy is of interest to him, he has other factors that are far more important to him.
His own personal legacy is very important to him

His legacy with Real or United is meaningless to him. He'd go to City or Liverpool now if they wanted him. He's willing to go to Atleti. I'm sure he'd go to Barcelona too.

He doesn't care. He left the perfect situation twice because of an ego-trip. Manchester United the first time with SAF and the team being on top. Real Madrid the 2nd time when they wouldn't bend over for him 1 final time and they had 3 straight UCL titles.

He simply doesn't care about anything but himself from a sporting sense.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I wish he joined the dippers, he would wreck them and it would forever silence the 'ronaldo is a utd legend' crowd.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The relationship between United and Ronaldo is like a romantic relationship where the girl leaves the guy for a better dude somewhere. Spends her peak years there and when she is aging, she comes back to her old boyfriend who just recently started a new job and things are looking up for him. It’s quite sad really.
And then leaves again :lol:

Jamie Shawcross

Club legends don't behave this way. If he loved United as much as he pretends to, he would want to stick around and aid us in our mission to get back to the top under a younger, hungry ambitious manager who is proven to play attacking high pressing football. All this talk of Champions League etc and winning, hes 38 soon, there are no guarantess he wins anything anywhere else in the 1 or 2 seasons (max) he has left in his legs. This is a cop out pure and simple. Either a cop out or just pure ego about some menial issue in the dressing room. I don't even care if he ends up at the Etihad at this point. Hes tarnished his legacy.

Eddy_JukeZ

I wish he joined the dippers, he would wreck them and it would forever silence the 'ronaldo is a utd legend' crowd.
There were people on this site who claimed he's a bigger legend than Rooney.

It's shameless.

devilish

Is there many viable alternatives ?

Top strikers that will join a non cl club who we can afford?

Not sure who there would be but yeah I don't think an unhappy ronaldo will be good to have around.

Can't ronaldo buy himself out if his contract if he really does not want to be here?... he must be rich enough
Lets start from the easy parts first

Can't Ronaldo buy himself out of his contract? Yes he can. However the prick seems to believe that we should let him go for free. Regarding whether there are top strikers around to replace Ronaldo then the answer is no. However we rarely went on like for like either. I mean we replaced Cantona with Teddy Sheringham, prime Ronaldo with Valencia, and Ryan Giggs with Ashley Young. Despite all that we kept winning because other players stepped up. Football is a team game after all. Let's face it today's Ronaldo is more of a cheap knock off of RVN rather then the GOAT he was at United and Madrid

spiriticon

He WAS a club legend for me. Now I see him as a bit of a twat in the mould of Paul Ince and Gabriel Heinze, slowly approaching Angel Di Maria levels of twattishness.

Messi the GOAT.

arthurka

All this crap about loyalty makes me laugh. He’s fecking willing to go to Athletico Madrid! He would definitely have gone to City last season.
If anyone believed he wasn´t going there should take a hard look he is an absolute tool. Luckily many of us didn´t want him back here as we felt that having one striker close to 40 was enough.
He should never ever been brought back and many of us knew it but Ronaldo fanboys at least got to see him score some goals. Hope this gets resolved quickly and he gets to piss off.

Idxomer

This loan talk is just mind-boggling.

Not only it doesn't benefit United at all this season, but it also ensures we have the same circus next year.

romufc

Can we have him sit in the reserves for a year?
I rather we pay him to sit in the reserve than pay his salary only for him to play at another club.

If you want to go so badly, mutually agree to terminate.

United should not be entertaining a loan for someone who throws the toys out. Either you mutually terminate without getting a penny, or find a club that will pay a fee and the wages.

Otherwise, tough he can be a bench player.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Is there any scope for some kind of castration to be organized by the club? Maybe a public flogging at Old Trafford as a form of repentance? Would you accept him back if he took 40 lashes?

devilish

A loan deal should be a non started. Ronaldo should either buy out his contract or Mendes should find a club willing to fork 15m out for his client

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He is the type of person you love to bits but they never love you back. They only show qualities of goodness purely because you're with them by chance. Replace yourself with any other bloke and your girlfriend would still be having her guys reshuffled by him. You do not matter. Replace her and you'd do the same.

In this case, replace us in his early career with anyone else and their fans would feel the same. He doesnt care about us in that way, nor does he care about anything.

We dont matter. There is only a few people who genuinely love to love and he aint one of em.

Frank Grimes

Chelsea have a huge squad with quite a number of players whose future is unknown, the last thing Tuchel needs is a Ronaldo in his dressing room. His rant after the defeat against Arsenal was quite telling. If Boehly decides to sign him anyway, it will wreck their season.
I don't care what Chelsea wants mate. I just want to see the back of Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.