Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Why Rashford and Martial are still at United? These two are much worse than Ronaldo comes to defending/pressing.
Does it mean they they also didn't agree to "help Rangnick implement a pressing game"??
As far as I know neither Rashford and Martial have refused to do the bare minimum. And i've criticised both for their performances in the past.

GazTheLegend

Correlation =\= Causation.

Our dip coincided with us selling James. So by your "logic" that's the reason everything turned to shit. James is world class, I guess.
3 things I guess:
  1. You're creating a strawman argument. That's not "my" logic at all, but you know that.
  2. You're using correlation/causation wrongly here, because it's fair in this case to correlate the two things. Literally the only two real things you can change at a football club is your personnel and what you tell them to do. You can argue what we told the players/coached them to do until you're blue in the face, but the facts are we did change the personnel, so we can infer whatever we like from that.
  3. I'm absolutely NOT saying that Ronaldo made us worse, ironically. He's a world class number 9. I'm just replying to an earlier post basically suggesting possible REASONS for why we became worse. I don't -KNOW- the reasons, so we can all just guess/make up our own rationale for them as fans. I think there's a lot of things that went wrong, personally. But one thing I think is fair to say is that our players have never looked less of a team than they did last season. Whatever people might say about Solskaer (and I think it was absolutely the right decision to sack him), at least in previous seasons he looked like he had everyone on the same page. It's only post-signing Ronaldo that the real questions of his methods and standards began to appear, and I can imagine that lowered morale considerably. Who knows. Rashford in particular looked like a ghost.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
As far as I know neither Rashford and Martial have refused to do the bare minimum. And i've criticised both for their performances in the past.
:lol: after watching them the whole season, this is your "as far as I know"?

Sorry, mate. It's hard to believe.

I think these whole negative tweets are leaking from United PR. Just trying to "justify" him leaving, to deflect his true reasoning. If i were Ronaldo at this stage of his career, i'd also bin United as I don't want to get sucked into this "evolution instead of revolution" project.

Last edited:

Godfather

Rashford sure did less than the bare minimum last season. He was actually so bad it almost looked intentional at times

Adnan

Talent Spotter
:lol: after watching them the whole season, this is your "as far as I know"?
Ok, mate.
I didn't watch Martial for the whole season because he was on loan. And I haven't heard anyone report about Rashford refusing flat out to apply pressure off the ball.

R'hllor

What a surprise, your guy is a such a hero if true, will act as its not, because want to believe that he didnt reach such obnoxious cnut levels.

Guess you can SIUUUUU now, cringe feckers.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ronaldo has screwed us over here big time! Reckon if we knew this at the end of the season we’d have gone all out on Nunez.

foolsgold

If he can find someone willing to pay him whatever outrageous sum of money he's looking for then good luck to him.

Although he delivered goals, I don't think he improved the team in a meaningful way. We went from 2nd to 6th whilst paying him a fortune. Best all round to call it quits at this point.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
If he can find someone willing to pay him whatever outrageous sum of money he's looking for then good luck to him.

Although he delivered goals, I don't think he improved the team in a meaningful way. We went from 2nd to 6th whilst paying him a fortune. Best all round to call it quits at this point.
He’s worth every penny he’s paid.

Deery

Dreary
What a surprise, your guy is a such a hero if true, will act as its not, because want to believe that he didnt reach such obnoxious cnut levels.

Who you talking to?

Red00012

Bad day at the office huh?

RedDevilQuebecois

At least, he is far more ambitious than the other players and the fools with red-tinted specs out there. The rest of the team can go flip burgers if they can't even match Ronaldo's drive at that age.

R'hllor

At least, he is far more ambitious than the other players and the fools with red-tinted specs out there. The rest of the team can go flip burgers if they can't even match Ronaldo's drive at that age.
Nobody is questioning that nor he is compared to those overpaid leechers.

Zoo

Why so aggressive?

ObscureBaguette

Rashford sure did less than the bare minimum last season. He was actually so bad it almost looked intentional at times
I seem to remember a match where there was a ball there to be put into the net and Rashford just stood there and watched rather than run to it and put it away. It was as if he couldn't be bothered to run.

Perhaps that's too vague a description to jog anyone's memory. I just remember it being a really bizarre moment.

city-puma

Rashford and martial now have a platform to revive their performance. I want to see sancho and Elanga into the mix. It’s a dynamic front force.

peridigm

Pros: He’s Ronaldo and scores goals. Marketing. Experienced winning mentality.
Cons: Old. Huge ego. Divided the dressing room. Will not fit ETH playing style. Whines too much.

I’d be okay with him leaving. Don’t care where he goes even if it’s Chelsea.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I dont give a feck what the goat want, my only concern is Manchester united. If we find a suitable replacement, he can feck off, otherwise he respects his contract with the club. I personally hope he leaves.
Yeh. Why can't he be like others, fulfilling his contract than just leave for free? Fans will appreciate that.

GL21

Delighted...more hassle than he's worth. Wanted to leave the season before he went to real and was 100% considering city before his return. Very selfish footballer albeit outstanding without a shadow of a doubt, but I feel for a project such as the one we hope to pursue now he simply doesn't fit in. I stopped liking him when he used us as his stepping stone to achieve his madrid dream, then started really disliking him from there on. I'm really happy with this news...onwards and upwards

Edwards6

Can't see us letting him go, who plays as striker? Martial and Rashford not good enough and don't think we'll be able to buy a striker as well as all the other positions we need this summer

Lee565

PSG, walking on the pitch with Messi?
Would mbappe want ronaldo trying to hog the limelight and make everything about him and for the clubs tactics to revolve around him like it did at madrid, juventus and even us last season

el3mel

This is a weird take. I have doubt Cantona loved United, but he'd still put himself and his career more than United. And don't most of us still "fanboying" over him? It's the same like other United legend, like Beckham and Keane, or even Schmeichel that moved to City.
My post isn't against Ronaldo. He's right to care more about himself than United. I said that clearly in the post. It's for people who thinks he loves United more than other clubs he played for or something. Ronaldo doesn't love anyone, he only loves himself, which is fine for me, he's a professional player first and foremost, but people need to stop fanboying on his relationship with United.

Ronaldo used United several times before for his own personal gain at Real Madrid to force their hands to solve his taxes issues or give him new contracts. He had no problem thinking about joining Man City before this season. Ultimately if it's for his own benefit, he'll do anything.

Dinghy

Disrupted the dressing room, fecked over any chance the caretaker manager had of successfully implementing his system. But most importantly, he single handedly had us 6th in the PL because of all his goals. What a legend.

Widow

It wouldn't surprise me if EtH had a quiet word regarding his playing style and that his chances to play would be significantly reduced.

It's best for everyone if he leaves.

Ralph1386

No direction what?
We’re due to sign at least 2 players this week!
Hold your horses before you start telling him about 2 players we’re “due to sign” this week. They haven’t signed yet - and we’ve already lost Cavani, Pogba, Mata, Matic, Lingard, Greenwood (for now) and potentially now Ronaldo. We haven’t officially sold anyone yet (we may soon, but not yet). So lay low before getting worked up about 2 signings.

city-puma

Hold your horses before you start telling him about 2 players we’re “due to sign” this week. They haven’t signed yet - and we’ve already lost Cavani, Pogba, Mata, Matic, Lingard, Greenwood (for now) and potentially now Ronaldo. We haven’t officially sold anyone yet (we may soon, but not yet). So lay low before getting worked up about 2 signings.
In your list of departure, only Greenwood is the real loss. Pogba can contribute less and less over last two seasons. All the others almost never play.

Status
Not open for further replies.