Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBloodIsRed

Does anyone think this is a ploy to publicly push united to get our butts in gear and make signings??? We are shown zero intent compared to Liverpool and city. Were the only ones ever in the transfer market but take ages to sign anyone. And then by the time we do they had no chance to gel with the team and it takes half a season to a full season to integrate them…

Keefy18

Sorry but this is stupid. We let Liverpool get Nunez, because of one more season of 37, in February 38 yrs Ronaldo??
Right....
You seriously have this much confidence in our board? :lol:

Truly remarkable how naiive and trustworthy some of our supporters are.

We're still looking for a genuine DMF for how many years?

Stadjer

So you are happy Pogba a record signing walk out for free, you like the Pogmentary?
You like that Ronaldo a player we were planning next season around choose to seek an exit at this point when the window plans are already well underway, what do you think we'll get for him in terms of fees, do you think it will be enough for a replacement, do you think he cares?.
We should make our own stars, that's what Liverpool did, that's what SAF use to do. This lot don't have any loyalty to the club.
You think the Liverpool players have any loyality to Liverpool? If Klopp leaves and Liverpool turns to shit (hopefully) than i dont think Virgil van Dijk, Allison, Thiago and Salah to name a few want to stay there. What connection do they have to Liverpool outside being part of a successperiod for Liverpool? Players stay for success, money or the chance to work with a special manager (City have all three of these for example) and very rarely stay out of loyalty. Playing for a club is just work for professional football players and the very best players in the world have their pick of clubs to play for.

It sounds nice and romantic and all the loyal to a club players but that just isnt a thing in modern football anymore. Money and succes are the main reasons players join and stay at a club. Pogba didnt have much success and the money he was offered to compensate that lack of success wasnt good enough for him so he left. Also no, i didnt watch the Pogmentary. I have no interest in football players outside the footballpitch. They are all overgrown kids with too much money, why would i be interested in that? I do like to watch good players play good football though.

Ronaldo same story, he wants succes (well, he wants to score goals in the CL to keep his record since he doesnt want Messi/Haaland/Mbappe to take it from him in the future).

Long story short, there is no loyality in modern day football. If you want the best players to stay or join your club you either offer them money or success and since professional football players are very selfish they likely even want both. If a club cant offer that to them they will find another club where they can have those things. If you want to only attract players with loyality to Manchester United you are going to have a full team of Jesse Lingards and Scott Mctominays.

SAF didnt just make stars either. He bought stars too or atleast tried to buy them.

DavelinaJolie

It's quite clear he wants out and is trying to engineer that. Utd looked a better bet last year after finishing second, now no CL and he wants out because Europa League is damaging to his image.

I'm hoping the club won't do anything rash to try and persuade him to stay. And from here until he leaves It'll just be a steady drip drip of "poor hard done by Ronaldo, he tries so hard" stories until he goes.

Keefy18

Does anyone think this is a ploy to publicly push united to get our butts in gear and make signings??? We are shown zero intent compared to Liverpool and city. Were the only ones ever in the transfer market but take ages to sign anyone. And then by the time we do they had no chance to gel with the team and it takes half a season to a full season to integrate them…
Nah, sure even the players were linked with are by an large underwhelming albeit I accept they are ETH targets and he feels will help him.

Morpheus 7

This on the Glazers, simple as. United have shown no ambition to get back competing. United's inability to read the fecking room as usual, lack of planning. No intent in this window to get back competing after our worst season. Don't want leaks given how Arnold and Murtough are taking there time to get right deals, money talks and bullshit walks.

This was the summer of apparent rebuild and revolution, we are close to getting a back up lb from Holland to challenge Shaw. Henderson loaned(not sold), we are close to a month away from start of season. Not only are we not ready, we are weaker than we were at the end of last season currently. People say the timing is bad, if United had been on it from June we could do something with this situation, I genuinely think Ronaldo has been bullshited by club and isn't going to hang around to not compete. It's a circus here, youse all know it, this is the start of the implosion. Fans are going to go for Glazers if he's sold. Knowing the owners probably try and put Charlie Mc Neil up front add it to things they will do next summer. Build a new stadium, update training facilities, address dm and try to sell Eric Bailly. Circus

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
You seriously have this much confidence in our board? :lol:

Truly remarkable how naiive and trustworthy some of our supporters are.

We're still looking for a genuine DMF for how many years?
No. Hence the word "right..." at the end. That whole tweet is huge pile of BS.
But I guess it is money making machine writing about United. So let's write whatever we can think of.

Eddy_JukeZ

This on the Glazers, simple as. United have shown no ambition to get back competing. United's inability to read the fecking room as usual, lack of planning. No intent in this window to get back competing after our worst season. Don't want leaks given how Arnold and Murtough are taking there time to get right deals, money talks and bullshit walks.

This was the summer of apparent rebuild and revolution, we are close to getting a back up lb from Holland to challenge Shaw. Henderson loaned(not sold), we are close to a month away from start of season. Not only are we not ready, we are weaker than we were at the end of last season currently. People say the timing is bad, if United had been on it from June we could do something with this situation, I genuinely think Ronaldo has been bullshited by club and isn't going to hang around to not compete. It's a circus here, youse all know it, this is the start of the implosion. Fans are going to go for Glazers if he's sold. Knowing the owners probably try and put Charlie Mc Neil up front add it to things they will do next summer. Build a new stadium, update training facilities, address dm and try to sell Eric Bailly. Circus
Ronaldo would want to leave regardless.

He wants to play in the CL and he only cares about Team Ronaldo.

Deery

Dreary

That’s how I’m feeling too, if something big doesn’t happen by end of the transfer window it could be the beginning of the end.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Rashford and martial now have a platform to revive their performance. I want to see sancho and Elanga into the mix. It’s a dynamic front force.
If we go with that attack then we'll comfortably finish mid to bottom half of the table at best. If they perform like last season then we'll finish near the bottom. There's simply not enough goals, no true CF, and not enough work rate.

Keefy18

No. Hence the word "right..." at the end. That whole tweet is huge pile of BS.
But I guess it is money making machine writing about United. So let's write whatever we can think of.
I don't believe it is at all. I think its spot on.

Our board haven't a clue what they are doing, period.

pocco

loco
I reckon he's found out at some point who our targets are and realised we're 100% not competing for the next year or two at the very least. There's nothing in it for him at United anymore, other than sentiment of what he once had here.

When we first heard rumblings about him wanting out a couple of weeks ago, one journalist even said Ronaldo doesn't rate de Jong as a transformative signing, and he's probably going to be our target with the highest pedigree (even though I think some of the others have big potential).

RedDevilQuebecois

If we go with that attack then we'll comfortably finish mid to bottom half of the table at best. If they perform like last season then we'll finish near the bottom. There's simply not enough goals, no true CF, and not enough work rate.
This.

I said it before and I will say it again until I die: Rashford and Martial are lost causes, prototypical of being self-entitled children incapable of fighting properly to EARN their spots on the team.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
No intent? Oh do me a fecking favour and have a day off.

Malacia is due to sign next week, as is FDJ & the Athletic reported that we’re in advance negotiations with Ajax over Martinez. The strong Martinez links only started Friday! So spare me the lack of intent BS. I’m sick to the back teeth of fans, entitled fans at that shitting on our own club. We’re showing intent, he’s being fecking backed. Just relax with the lack of intent bollocks eh?

Unam333

I reckon he's found out at some point who our targets are and realised we're 100% not competing for the next year or two at the very least. There's nothing in it for him at United anymore, other than sentiment of what he once had here.

When we first heard rumblings about him wanting out a couple of weeks ago, one journalist even said Ronaldo doesn't rate de Jong as a transformative signing, and he's probably going to be our target with the highest pedigree (even though I think some of the others have big potential).
Depressing read, but I tend to agree. Ronaldo possibly got wind of it and with no hope of short term rebuilding he wants out. This summer's getting worse and worse.

jesperjaap

Agree with most of this. And now he wants to go comments about hurting his image in the Europa league, chasing the money etc etc.

Truly embarrassing, and only a few months ago, many were blaming Ronaldo for our inability to press and how he was finished when he went through a bad spell.

Who can really blame him for wanting to leave? This isnt the same club he left all those years ago and it isnt just not having Ferguson not being here.

As you say we are gettign near to preseason starting, we still havent bought anyone, the likely arrival is in the short term at least A SQUAD SIGNING. Some people genuinely seem to believe with Ten Hag in charge we can make three decent signings and guarantee fourth spot, short term memory loss?

I even think a lot of our fans have become used to and are accepting of our poor side. The defences of so many player has been strange, some of those, fans are now starting to turn on.....but yet still many seem to think Lindelof and Fred are good enough....they never have been and never will.

And as you say, we havent even sold anyone either, its just the players we already knew were going.

There should have been arou8nd 15players leaving this summer and at least 5 in, it looks like bein gnowhere near either total....again who on earth can blame Ronaldo for wanting out

city-puma

Just remember what your opinion is. Will see what’s going to happen. I guess you actually hope you are wrong.
For me, I believe we are heading to the right direction and the players are like any normal people who wanna be successful by putting the hard work which has been what brought them to their current status, being one of elite athletes.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The meltdown in here is fascinating. Especially for something that actually hasn’t happened yet.

The Irish Connection

good post. and I love The Matrix too.

Eddy_JukeZ

The meltdown in here is fascinating. Especially for something that actually hasn’t happened yet.
People are acting like he's 27 and irreplaceable.

He's going to leave soon either way.

We won't be able to press from the front with him in the team and he's not getting younger.

Let him leave and free up some wages.

Ralph1386

Well said.

Son

No intent? Oh do me a fecking favour and have a day off.

Malacia is due to sign next week, as is FDJ & the Athletic reported that we’re in advance negotiations with Ajax over Martinez. The strong Martinez links only started Friday! So spare me the lack of intent BS. I’m sick to the back teeth of fans, entitled fans at that shitting on our own club. We’re showing intent, he’s being fecking backed. Just relax with the lack of intent bollocks eh?
Exactly. The board are actually doing some really good stuff this summer if these stories are to be believed. Certainly better than brining Ronaldo back here last summer.

He’s not in our plans medium term. This is only a problem for us short term. I struggle to see him in a Ten Hag side anyways so not overly bothered. He’s very good but not absolutely incredible as a footballer these days.

If you include his past glories and what he’s doing at his age… yes fantastic. Will he win us trophies? No

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That’s how I’m feeling too, if something big doesn’t happen by end of the transfer window it could be the beginning of the end.
The club has been around for 100+ years. Do you think it will go into extinction? United was a cup team for decades with the occasional golden period. Learn your history and get a grip of yourself.

Ralph1386

The club has been around for 100+ years. Do you think it will go into extinction? United was a cup team for decades with the occasional golden period. Learn your history and get a grip of yourself.
I think he means the beginning of the end for the glazers, not the club.

Marcelinho87

Don't believe it's because of signings either, he is just spinning it so the blame lies on the club.

He wants out to protect his precious CL status, that is all this is.

Deery

Dreary
Hate to break it to you but we’ve been a cup team for a decade.

sglowrider

Exactly. The board are actually doing some really good stuff this summer if these stories are to be believed. Certainly better than brining Ronaldo back here last summer.

He’s not in our plans medium term. This is only a problem for us short term. I struggle to see him in a Ten Hag side anyways so not overly bothered. He’s very good but not absolutely incredible as a footballer these days.

If you include his past glories and what he’s doing at his age… yes fantastic. Will he win us trophies? No
This. Sensible -- rather than the hysterics or the usual whingers predictably going on about lack of activities etc and the useless club management, Glazers etc.

r0663664

Worships Man City
We won't challenge for top 4 and that is a given fact. If anyone expect us to finish top 4 is dreaming. City, Liverpool, Spurs will finish ahead of us and either Chelsea or Arsenal will take the last spot. Ronaldo staying 1 more year or leaving doesn't matter. If he wants to leave, then I would sell to the highest bidder maybe 20 or 30 million. I will find a young striker is his early twenties and start this process earlier. Ronaldo may actually help us reset the team properly. I am not too worried that he leaves, Bruno may start scoring goals.

marktan

Ronnie saw that we're signing that midget argentinian for 50m and trying to sign the rest of the Eeredevise and decided to peace out :lol:

Tbf I think Ronaldo might be doing us a solid, our attack is gash and if he leaves we might actually make some signings. He scores goals does Ronnie but no top team would be dying to take him for the fact he doesn't he run

sglowrider

Don't believe it's because of signings either, he is just spinning it so the blame lies on the club.

He wants out to protect his precious CL status, that is all this is.
It was a Woodward/Glazers signing -- for commercial reasons. It fecked the team over as a result.

pocco

loco
Just remember what your opinion is. Will see what’s going to happen. I guess you actually hope you are wrong.
For me, I believe we are heading to the right direction and the players are like any normal people who wanna be successful by putting the hard work which has been what brought them to their current status, being one of elite athletes.
Sometimes the best clubs, including us over the years, end up with players that are just nowhere near good enough. Just playing for Manchester United doesn't mean you have what it takes to be good enough, as we make mistakes (lots over the last 10 years).

Apart from Sancho, that's how I see those attacking options you have listed. And we have plenty of proof that it is the case. That's 4 players who, in my and many people's opinions, operate best from LW anyway. So how we make a front 3 or 4 out of them is anybody's guess.

How you can say having those options is "heading in the right direction" is just absolutely blind faith and sheer hope. There is no logic to it at all. To lose our top scorer and just bump up the players that have been piss poor, is not heading in the right direction.

sglowrider

Ronnie saw that we're signing that midget argentinian for 50m and trying to sign the rest of the Eeredevise and decided to peace out :lol:

Tbf I think Ronaldo might be doing us a solid, our attack is gash and if he leaves we might actually make some signings. He scores goals does Ronnie but no top team would be dying to take him for the fact he doesn't he run
We will be less predictable when the fecker leaves.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd love to know who Ronaldo expected us to sign this summer?

If (and Christ that's looking like a big if right now) we get FDJ that's an amazing signing is it not? Ok Malacia and Eriksen might not get the mouths watering but they'll be decent squad players and then there's Martinez who depending on where he plays could be integral to what ETH wants to do next season

I can't imagine Ronaldo would have been thrilled had we signed a Haaland or Nunez who would have taken his place in the XI so what's he after?

Status
Not open for further replies.