Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

What were Rashford and Martial doing before Ronaldo ? Why did the club feel necessary to bring the likes of Ighalo and Cavani ?
Ronaldo affects the team according to you and it's up for debate but one thing I know for sure, Man United cannot rely on Rashford and Martial to improve the team. They're just not good enough on the ball nor decisive enough in the final third. Hopefully we buy another player in attack otherwise this upcoming season can already be forgotten
Ighalo didn’t play and made no difference. Cavani played a little more but was merely a super sub.

We finished better off with Rashford and Martial. Explain how that happens when you improve the team in the summer we by CR7.

You’re right it is according to me. But all I know we was a happy Ole’s at the wheel camp singing nursery rhymes before he came. Now we are the worst side in our premier league history. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

Mainoldo

I'm hoping it's the investment routine, and if that's what it takes to hurry our clowns along then I applaud it.
We improve the team we still have a goal hanger who’s doesn’t press upfront who most of the fans want to have Thursday nights off.

The only thing we don’t benefit from is him ironically.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We improve the team we still have a goal hanger who’s doesn’t press upfront who most of the fans want to have Thursday nights off.

The only thing we don’t benefit from is him ironically.
The ideal solution is improve centre mid, a right winger and a defender this summer.
One more year of Ronaldo then big striker signing next year.
We can't do it all this summer.

Mainoldo

No I agree. All I’m adding is we are worried about keeping him just for us to want him to rest on Thursday’s and play 80% of our premier league games as he will struggle to play a whole season. We seen that at the tale end of this season.

So even with him staying he’s actually a problem. We only want him here because we don’t have £70m to get a striker. :lol:

GoldanoGraham

Saying he wants to leave ‘if the club receives a satisfactory offer’ is an odd tactic because this club never receives satisfactory offers.
The way we operate we will let him go out on loan and supplement 50% of his wages next season

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Bang on.

It's not like the club doesn't have the money. Simply because of those greedy scumbags that we can't spend the money we earn. It's not even 'dig deep in their pockets' just let the club spend the money it earns instead of pocketing that money.

Ronaldo leaving will force those wankers to buy a new striker. Which we should do anyway regardless of him staying or not. He simply can't play all the games next season if stay.
this....I couldn't have said it better. Relying on a 37 year old to score most of the goals is frigging crazy.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Honestly, I’m more worried about our midfield and defense than Ronaldo leaving.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
One more year with him would have been better as we already had enough work to do in the transfer window even with him here.

But if he actively wants to leave, then get rid. I already had doubts about how his ego would cope if he was dropped/rested appropriately this season and even more so now. We don't need his tantrums. Also while his 18 league goals are a loss, his general play in attack also contributed to the decline in the team's attack that saw us scoring 16 fewer goals overall. Not saying it was his fault or that we'd have scored more without him, but he brings stark limitations with him in some areas.

He had no real future here anyway, he just needs to be replaced. Even if it's not with as good a goalcorer, signing an attacker who contributes more in general play and better suits ETH's brand of football will provide compensation.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Ighalo didn’t play and made no difference. Cavani played a little more but was merely a super sub.

We finished better off with Rashford and Martial. Explain how that happens when you improve the team in the summer we by CR7.

You’re right it is according to me. But all I know we was a happy Ole’s at the wheel camp singing nursery rhymes before he came. Now we are the worst side in our premier league history. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.
The point is that if Rashford and Martial were good enough, none of these past-it old players would have been bought. Rashford was better tbh, Martial plain shit before Ronaldo. A combo of Greenwood, Bruno (1st half of the season) and Cavani (at times) helped the team score more goals.
Ronaldo leaving will be a good thing if the club can get an adequate replacement or several, I don't trust this current set of attackers to get us anywhere above EL places

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
all the best to Ronaldo.. a champions league club that got the finances to pay for his wages. left chelsea, psg and bayern munich.
I doubt if it will be PSG. His ego wont be able to handle Mbappe their assistant DOF and main striker.

Mainoldo

The point is that if Rashford and Martial were good enough, none of these past-it old players would have been bought. Rashford was better tbh, Martial plain shit before Ronaldo. A combo of Greenwood, Bruno (1st half of the season) and Cavani (at times) helped the team score more goals.
Ronaldo leaving will be a good thing if the club can get an adequate replacement or several, I don't trust this current set of attackers to get us anywhere above EL places
They brought them because they are stupid mate. It’s the same reason they neglected the CM. Both where stupid signings because we had a reactive manager.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So many United PR is leaking now. All the odds between RR and Ronaldo, so much that only ROnaldo (and DDG) came out with decent season while others turned into buffoons. That doesn't really add up, but all the leak made it that Ronaldo is the major factor of last shit season. But heyho.. common sense goes out of the window to some.

Mainoldo

So many United PR is leaking now. All the odds between RR and Ronaldo, so much that only ROnaldo (and DDG) came out with decent season while others turned into buffoons. That doesn't really add up, but all the leak made it that Ronaldo is the major factor of last shit season. But heyho.. common sense goes out of the window to some.
Yes the striker that can’t press and the keeper that looks best when he’s peppered with 30 shots a game.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It’s weird how this happened with both us and Juventus, but it absolutely isn’t his fault everybody else stopped scoring. Nope. Total coincidence.

Talk about us “not deserving Ronaldo” is hilarious. He can go feck himself, just as he always should.
This. On a game pr game basis Ronaldo wasn't great at all last season. His strong finish with 2 hattricks gives the recency bias that he had a great season but he didn't. Don't care about all of this doesn't deserve us stuff, Juventus fans said the same thing. Now he's 37 and his options are more and more limited

DavelinaJolie

As opposed to the Ronaldo PR that is obviously the truth?

Sheesh.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He left when we were European Champions. He will always look after himself if he sees it that way. feck the not deserving him. Hope its done quick.
He left after we lost the 2009 cl final. But yeah he agree to leave after we won the CL but stayed for one more year.

GazTheLegend

You dont know what a straw man is and you also seem to be clueless on what's meant with correlation =/= causation.
There's no point even talking to you. You need to look up what these things mean before you start calling people and ideas names. I'll show you what a straw man is, same way you used one on me by mentioning Dan James. "You are basically saying that signing van Dijk and Allison didn't improve Liverpool? You are saying that it is a correlation/ causation fallacy to suggest Robin van Persie improved us?". Another Straw man, same as yours.
To suggest that better players shouldn't improve a team isn't correctly correlating a variable when it's literally THE most important one in football... It's mind bendingly idiotic.

Last edited:

Revaulx

One more year with him would have been better as we already had enough work to do in the transfer window even with him here.

But if he actively wants to leave, then get rid. I already had doubts about how his ego would cope if he was dropped/rested appropriately this season and even more so now. We don't need his tantrums. Also while his 18 league goals are a loss, his general play in attack also contributed to the decline in the team's attack that saw us scoring 16 fewer goals overall. Not saying it was his fault or that we'd have scored more without him, but he brings stark limitations with him in some areas.

He had no real future here anyway, he just needs to be replaced. Even if it's not with as good a goalcorer, signing an attacker who contributes more in general play and better suits ETH's brand of football will provide compensation.
Great post. Great, as in I really agree with all of it :)

I was actually rather looking forward to him playing under ETH next year, and reckon there was a good chance he’d fit in well and score a goodly number of goals. If he really does want out though, I’ll be happy to see the back of him. ETH has a massive task without having the distraction of an uncommitted prima donna.

I agree that some of the names being put forward as replacements are rather underwhelming, but that’s what the market’s like for strikers at the moment. As long as we don’t overpay or expect them to be a messiah, and they work hard for the team and aren’t always injured, I’d be happy enough with a Memphis type.

OpenIntrovert

The media's stories are so brilliant that it is worthy of being screened as a film for the Cannes Festival. It is no surprise that they are riding on the "Ronaldo going out" rumour and making up yet another 1+1=2 story.

CM

If it wasn't for how barren the striker market is at the moment this would be a complete no brainer. There are very few replacement options but bringing Ronaldo back was a huge mistake and we will function as more of a team again once he's gone.

If we manage to get a high pressing forward in, I think we will be better off for it. Even if they are a fairly average goalscorer.

Ekeke

Why not? Bruno Fernandes goals dried up as soon as CR7 came in. We could easily of predicted this would happen.

Can you honestly say we will lose 18 league goals now because he’s not here?

They’ll just come elsewhere. Gnabry easily has 10 league goals in him and Bruno another 5-8 when he starts taking pens again.

Then we factor in Martial and Rashford scoring more than 4. I think we will be okay in all honesty. We just lose a massive marketing tool.
We'd all have said Sancho would score and set up a lot more goals in his first season too. He didnt. Theres no guarantee Gnabry wouldnt be the same

Mostly I doubt Martial and Rashford up front, or us signing a striker to replace Ronaldo's goals now that we have seen so many of them already transfered. Now we're left with the unproven guys and not the guys we would have chosen at the end of last season if we knew Ronaldo was going to leave at that point. I dont think Ronaldo is a player we're going to do well replacing with our plan D choice.

Mainoldo

The media's stories are so brilliant that it is worthy of being screened as a film for the Cannes Festival. It is no surprise that they are riding on the "Ronaldo going out" rumour and making up yet another 1+1=2 story.
Well if it’s not the case. We should see him at Chelsea. They could do with a striker.

OpenIntrovert

You guys can seriously do better than to believe this story. I have already said that the media just creates stories based on the general fans sentiment. Rangnick has praised Ronaldo for his attitude and mentality as compared to the other players. You can search it online yourself.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
There's no point even talking to you. You need to look up what these things mean before you start calling people and ideas names. I'll show you what a straw man is, same way you used one on me by mentioning Dan James. "You are basically saying that signing van Dijk and Allison didn't improve Liverpool? You are saying that it is a correlation/ causation fallacy to suggest Robin van Persie improved us?". Another Straw man, same as yours.
To suggest that better players shouldn't improve a team isn't correctly correlating a variable when it's literally THE most important one in football... It's mind bendingly idiotic.
:lol:

At least google search the terms you're using incorrectly instead of doubling down by writing a wall of shite.

Mainoldo

We'd all have said Sancho would score and set up a lot more goals in his first season too. He didnt. Theres no guarantee Gnabry wouldnt be the same

Mostly I doubt Martial and Rashford up front, or us signing a striker to replace Ronaldo's goals now that we have seen so many of them already transfered. Now we're left with the unproven guys and not the guys we would have chosen at the end of last season if we knew Ronaldo was going to leave at that point. I dont think Ronaldo is a player we're going to do well replacing with our plan D choice.
We cannot play ETH football to its best capabilities with a CR7 upfront. You’re concerned about the name. I don’t care about that. I would rather a better functioning team. We was a far better team with a pressing Tony Martial and Bruno scoring all the goals than we are with the two moaning murtles in CR7 and Bruno. He’s turned this all team into a circus like he did with Juventus.

OpenIntrovert

Well if it’s not the case. We should see him at Chelsea. They could do with a striker.
They just let go of one called Lukaku. Why did they let him go if they truly needed a striker?

Its pretty obvious that the media brought in Chelsea, because they are the only team without a striker and they have a lot of funds injected. But the media forgot the reason why there is no striker at Chelsea.

Mainoldo

They just let go of one called Lukaku. Why did they let him go if they truly needed a striker?

Its pretty obvious that the media brought in Chelsea, because they are the only team without a striker and they have a lot of funds injected. But the media forgot the reason why there is no striker at Chelsea.
Huh? I do not know what you are debating here? There striker stunk out the place so now they don’t need a striker because they stuck a midfielder upfront.

Can I try this logic elsewhere? Our keeper stunk out the place but we managed to get by with a CB in goal with good feet. We then get linked with a keeper in the summer but it’s okay as the media didn’t realise we solved that issue by putting a CB in goal??

phelans shorts

Not this one, the one which says UtdDistrict as the tweeter.
Which is based on that story that predates him asking to leave by what is in the world of transfer windows a long time ago.

Tuchel might not want him, lots of managers wouldn’t, Todd Boehly having just bought a football club however? It’s a massive money spinner for him to make such a move.

OpenIntrovert

Which is based on that story that predates him asking to leave by what is in the world of transfer windows a long time ago.

Tuchel might not want him, lots of managers wouldn’t, Todd Boehly having just bought a football club however? It’s a massive money spinner for him to make such a move.
Thats what I meant by the press building on the "ronaldo wanting out" rumour. They basically spin a more imaginary fairy tale to make people buy into their stories. They do it all the time, especially the multiple "Ole has lost the dressing room" crisis stories starting from 18/19 till 21/22.

As for Todd Boehly, he is the owner but he is not the one who goes looking for a player. That is Chelsea's recruitment team and Tuchel's job. Boehly is the one that decides to approve the transfer bid, if there is any, since Maria has left now.

Status
Not open for further replies.