Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LARulz

Can see him going Chelsea, I think they're the only realistic option for him and it tarnishes his legacy at Man Utd majorly in my opinion. Couldn't care less if he goes abroad.
But then they'd have to pay a decent fee. He is not out of contract and club would probably rather keep him around than just hand him to Chelsea for nothing

I have a strong feeling Chelsea too cos I can't think of anybody else realistically and would tarnish his legacy here. But if he goes there, anything less than 35/40 million for him and we're stupid. Yes he is old and what not but he is still then going to a direct top 4 rival

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He is a complete cnut doing this to us now and not a month ago. I don’t have a problem with wanting to leave, I want the same. The timing though is shocking.
I can understand being annoyed at him, but we now have reports where Rangnick was looking to move him on in January! The club is being a bit hypocritical and churlish if that is the case.

Revaulx

Let’s not forget that Mendes, albeit a cnut, has enjoyed an extremely beneficial relationship with United over the years. Surely it won’t be in his interest to set himself against them? Maybe he let the club know ages ago that he’d be looking for a new club for Ronnie. Maybe the club said they wouldn’t stand in his way.

georgipep

Are you just ignoring the fact the Rangnick told the club in January, several times that CR7 needed selling and replacing. His teammates also knew if they failed to qualify for the UCL he'd be off in the summer. The club knew 6 months ago and did nothing.

I agree his family reasons bullshit is a disgrace but this in on the club, they knew.
What do you mean the club did nothing? What should they have done? To sell him there must be a willing buyer. Do you think there is one now?

AdNani

Putting pressure on the Glazers to get some signings in.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope the only pressure it applies is to get him out of the door, if we sign Eriksen, De Jong, Martinez and Malacia this week and he does a U-Turn id want to sack him off even more than i do now. Biggest summer this clubs had in a decade and he's made it about him leaving. His legacy is ruined for me.

Pogba was a circus, he's nothing on Ronaldo.

Aeryis

He was around when I was too young to care so I don't have any affections towards Ronaldo. Him leaving will allow us to get a proper number 9 and a right winger, either this summer or the next. So his departure is welcome from me.

Real Name

I can understand being annoyed at him, but we now have reports where Rangnick was looking to move him on in January! The club is being a bit hypocritical and churlish if that is the case.
Did those reports resurface now or were there in January or somewhere in that time?

Sir Erik ten Hag

We let Liverpool beat us to get Nunez. Now that may prove even more fatal than we initially thought if Ronnie leaves and we are left with only Martial as the pure striker.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
But then they'd have to pay a decent fee. He is not out of contract and club would probably rather keep him around than just hand him to Chelsea for nothing

I have a strong feeling Chelsea too cos I can't think of anybody else realistically and would tarnish his legacy here. But if he goes there, anything less than 35/40 million for him and we're stupid. Yes he is old and what not but he is still then going to a direct top 4 rival
He goes there for 35/40million we need to give Murtough a life time contract at United

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm just miffed about the timing, media circus and disruptions to ten Hag's pre-season plans more than anything.

Rather than give that statement at the end of the season, why didn't he come out with it then? He knew we were out of the CL then?? If it's about the lack of signings, surely United would have sat him down and said "Look, we got this. Chill!"

Hawks2008

I don't care if he leaves, but if he goes on tour I'll be happy. I got tickets to the Victory game purely because of the chance to see him live, I'll be devastated if I have to watch these other losers.

Ocelot

I don't think the timing is that bad. He left Juve on the 31st August last year. At least this should be done and dusted before the season starts.

Gottabekiddingme

No club is going to pay a fee for him. Remember, City wanted him only if Juventus gave him for free. We were the only ones willing to pay something. He's trying to force his way out for free.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
He's been a bit of a tw@t to do this now. Presumably he would have added to the draw of playing for us for prospective signings, especially in the absence of CL football. This throws even more doubt on our window at a time when there are virtually no replacement options left in the market for him.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I don't care if he leaves, but if he goes on tour I'll be happy. I got tickets to the Victory game purely because of the chance to see him live, I'll be devastated if I have to watch these other losers.
He doesn't really do much on the pitch tbf, his movement is non existent and for the majority of the games last season you wouldn't notice him playing. Can't argue with his goalscoring return, but still for me happy to see him go.

I'd happily swap him for Kante with Chelsea.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I don't know if it would work, but at least the football would be good. Doesn't he earn a metric shit ton at Chelsea though?
Yeah, I think he's on a fat wage.

I think there's a good player in Werner still but his whole body shape and general lack of composure infront of goal is pretty poor.
He always seems to be in two minds.

Revaulx

So Rangnick wanted Ronaldo out like any sane manager with a pressing philosophy would - what happens when the Rangnick telling it like it is bringing standards back cultists face off against the Ronaldo telling it like it is bringing standards back cultists? Fascinating stuff.
Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yeah we should absolutely just plod along with another 58 point season, how dare anyone suggest that anything needs to change.

Real Name

Yeah we should absolutely just plod along with another 58 point season, how dare anyone suggest that anything needs to change.
It's not about that, its about the notion he's leaving cause he concluded we wont to much in transfer market - stuff.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Whether he stays or goes I wouldn't worry about him downing tools, love him or hate him he is always a professional on the pitch.
He's a circus, and has, gotten away with it because he's so good. I've ever been a, fan of his, arm waving and eye rolling for the cameras. But that tantrum last year after being subbed wasn't very professional, as, well as other things mentioned here.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Meanwhile we might sign FDJ by the year 2032

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You are right in a way, but I think this is all for the glory of Cristiano Ronaldo not Manchester United. He is all about his legacy and is scared shitless of Messi.

Revaulx

I can’t see Tuchel wanting him. If they sign him it’ll be a “statement” by the new owner.

I’m not sure that either Ronaldo or Mendes would be happy to antagonise United that much. The latter is going to want to continue his mutually beneficial relationship with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.