Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEleson

Which ones?

The only credible link seems to be with Chelsea, whose new owner seems to have Ed Woodward as his role model.

If Ronnie were happy to accept lower wages and be ok with not playing every minute of every game I’m sure there’d be plenty of interest in him.
By many accounts, he seems to be willing.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Let him go. The sooner the better. Can accelerate the EtH rebuild and get a more mobile striker.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Didnt Ronaldo throw abit of a hissy fit last season when he was replaced by a youth player or am I remembering that wrong ?

Red_Aaron

In some ways this could be a good chance for ETH to put a stamp on the squad by dropping him from the squad entirely - if you're not commited then you're not involved

I know the stat obsessed modern fans have convinced themselves otherwise but for the most part he was poor last season and I don't think we'd miss him at all. I'd even be happy to see him at Chelsea as I think he'll cause more problems than he's worth. I know he's the most confident man on the planet but the truth is he's not good enough to start for a team with designs on winning the CL. He'll get some group stage goals but at the business end he's a passenger. He barely touched the ball in 180mins against Atleti

Hopefully the board facilitate ETH putting his foot down and take a loss to move him on, it could really help establish his power in the squad

MrEleson

You really believe that stuff. My god.

Suddenly we got 2 players we'd be in for weeks. Board hurried those 2 up just to satisfy Ronaldo and he'll see if he's ok with it or will still leave. He'll see and judge.

You still havent answered me about going on strike basically. Not that I expect you to.

We'll see and judge.
We don’t know if he really went on strike. These are just baseless assumptions because it happened around the time he asked to leave. Even officially, the club gave has given him indefinite leave for family reasons so we can’t even argue it on that front.
All we can do is wait to find out what happens next. I doubt the club would give him indefinite leave if he didn’t really have a reason to remain in portugal.

croadyman

We have to be bringing up the likes of Kante & Werner in conversations, would throw in James as top class RB but no chance they sell him.

Similarly if there was any truth in Barca stuff then the likes of Dembele & Aubameyang.

Bayern then obviously Gnabry is the one we should be trying to push for, forget Lewandowski because won't happen.

Last edited:

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
We cannot play ETH football to its best capabilities with a CR7 upfront. You’re concerned about the name. I don’t care about that. I would rather a better functioning team. We was a far better team with a pressing Tony Martial and Bruno scoring all the goals than we are with the two moaning murtles in CR7 and Bruno. He’s turned this all team into a circus like he did with Juventus.
It would take a minor miracle for that to happen.

DavelinaJolie

I think it's plausible that his pay was cut. I don't think that his circle would leak that though, because feck it looks awful in writing, in the current economic climate.

Judas

Open to offers
The fact there's people genuinely trying to argue he's making some sort of stand against the Glazers is beyond embarrassing. Just take the Ronaldo tinted glasses off.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
When do we stop paying him if he doesn't show up? Hope this helps United fans see why so many of us were lukewarm or straight against his return.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Well reports are saying he would be willing to take a pay cut for a move so I don't think money is the issue for moving.
It doesn’t say that though. It says it’s unhappy that his wage reduced. Also confirmed by Laurie Whitwell

Real Name

We don’t know if he really went on strike. These are just baseless assumptions because it happened around the time he asked to leave. Even officially, the club gave has given him indefinite leave for family reasons so we can’t even argue it on that front.
All we can do is wait to find out what happens next. I doubt the club would give him indefinite leave if he didn’t really have a reason to remain in portugal.
Ok lets say for now he didnt go on strike cause we dont know what definitely. What about the timing of his announcement?

Real Name

I wasn’t unhappy at his return, but did think it was for non-footballing reasons and might well end in tears.

There was absolutely nothing professional about the tantrum he threw when substituted v Brentford. That was just pathetic.

On the face of it this is indeed a dick move. I wonder though whether the club have known about it for some time and have been reasonably happy with it. Mendes may be a cnut, but he won’t want to jeopardise his ongoing relationship with United just for one last Ronaldo “fix”. It might suit the club to appear as the innocent and wronged party.
If the club knew beforehand I hope they acted on it. Doubt it. Knowing or knowing before timing is really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.