Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Has he skipped training again today?
He won't return until he knows nobody wants him. This is exactly what he did last summer. We're even seeing the same links to rivals of his previous clubs - Napoli and Barcelona. Going to be awkward for him when nobody bites. United are stuck with him.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He won't return until he knows nobody wants him. This is exactly what he did last summer. We're even seeing the same links to rivals of his previous clubs - Napoli and Barcelona. Going to be awkward for him when nobody bites. United are stuck with him.
You reckon? I think he'll move by the end of the month. Just hope we get one or two in up front.

KiD MoYeS

You reckon? I think he'll move by the end of the month. Just hope we get one or two in up front.
Chelsea are our only hope I think, and I suspect Tuchel won't want him and Glazers won't sell to them. Napoli have been linked, maybe they'll bite but do they have the money? Bayern and Barcelona, I just don't see happening.

TrueRed79

This guy is a massive asshole. When you're a narcissist like he is, you cannot be surprised this is the way he conducts himself. A complete and utter tool.

Herman Toothrot

I don't see us selling to Chelsea anyway unless they give us a great deal
I think we'd bite their hand off.

Ralf was a bad manager, mostly I think because he doesn't have the people skills, but he knows more about football than all of us on here.

Ronaldo sucks everyone's numbers to feed his own. That's not necessarily his fault, but the numbers back this up.
Ralf Rangnick was clearly a huge failure but why did we bring in the so-called "Father of Gengenpress" when he was never going to be able to drop Ronaldo? He can't press and he's not good enough to build a team around.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
I would have a hard time to believe for an agent as experience as Mendes, he didn't sound out potential clubs for his client before Ronaldo announced his intention of leaving. It will be extremely embarrassing for his client if no club want his service in the end.
If Mendes did not sound out potential suitors, it is because him and Ronaldo still think that he has great pull and elite clubs are lining up to sign him at all cost. Going by what we see here from his fanboys and girls, will not surprised one bit if that was their mentality. We saw the same with Jose until he finally realized his level

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
There won't be a buyer. I see no club wanting him. And the Chelsea link. I don't see Thomas Tuchel approving it. Cristiano Ronaldo would hate to hear this but his days of challenging for the champions league are over.
Yeah if Bayern don’t make a move, I think he’s fecked…. I don’t think we’d sell to Chelsea (and it’s debatable Tuchel would want him) and all the other clubs linked are of a much lower stature than United, or aren’t in the CL either. I mean is playing for Napoli or Roma for a year really gonna do more for his “brand and legacy” than getting one of the World’s elite clubs competing again whilst vying for the golden boot in the Premier League at 38? No, it isn’t.

PSG don’t need him and it would be an insane vanity purchase, plus again if this season has shown anything it’s that people still won’t watch Ligue 1 even if Lionel Messi’s in it!

And no one else is gonna match his wages, so the whole “he’s upset at the wage cut cos he won’t be getting half a mill” is a weird point of contention as he won’t be getting it anywhere else either.

At least when he made a big stink in the 2008 & 2009 he knew Real actually wanted him. This might end up quite embarrassing.

Cloud7

I’m with the fat man - this is a coordinated strategic exit by both parties. Like I keep saying - if you’ve been listening and reading Whitwell pieces the last few months you would know the club have been briefing snippets against Ronaldo for some time. The fact Stone has so quickly said an exit would suit both parties and that he was causing a divided camp tells you we knew it was coming and had no intention of trying to keep him.
I guess I may have missed the breadcrumbs that were being dropped, but laid out the way you explained it does make some sense that this is a coordinated exit by both parties

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm increasingly worried this will rumble on all summer. Complete nightmare if it does, exactly what we dont need.

Laurencio

If Mendes did not sound out potential suitors, it is because him and Ronaldo still think that he has great pull and elite clubs are lining up to sign him at all cost. Going by what we see here from his fanboys and girls, will not surprised one bit if that was their mentality. We saw the same with Jose until he finally realized his level
That would be too negligent for a well connected agent like Mendes, and not to mention damaging to Ronaldo's brand. Most likely he's spent the time since January to sound out potential destinations for Cristiano and they already know where he's going.

I reckon they have it all lined up and are simply waiting on Man Utd to get their ducks in a row and prepare a replacement.

KiD MoYeS

I'm increasingly worried this will rumble on all summer. Complete nightmare if it does, exactly what we dont need.
I'm not sure it is as big as issue as I originally thought. He's not training with the squad and you get the impression the players are happy for him to leave. It is a headache for the Glazers but f*ck them.

The Purley King

Yeah if Bayern don’t make a move, I think he’s fecked…. I don’t think we’d sell to Chelsea (and it’s debatable Tuchel would want him) ............
I think we'd sell him to anyone who is stupid enough to want to buy him and pay him half a bar a week.

romufc

Has he skipped training again today?
Lets be honest he did exactly the same last season with Juve, he didnt attend training until he found a suitor and went to clear his locker.

I do not see Ronaldo at training or in the team until the window is closed. Only way he is back is if no one wants him, we should then say, you need to work 2 months before you get back into the team.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You get the impression the players are happy for him to leave.
They probably are. However, its all a bit reality TV playing it out in public with 'likes' for trolling football posts.

It'd be nice to get back to being Manchester United rather than Harchester United.

redcucumber

I doubt it's about money. At this stage of his career money is secondary. Pretty sure ETH said he could search for a new club, otherwise the club would already had made a statement.
I wouldn't be so sure. He obviously doesn't need the money, but it's about what it represents. Being the most highly paid is representative of a player's standing relative to his peers - Ronaldo's ego is such that he wants to be known as being the biggest cheese. If his agent had let it be known that he could be paid feck all I reckon there'd be quite a few more clubs circling. Then again, maybe not. He's problematic being so old and demanding.
The most ridiculous thing is him and his agent could have let the club know that he wanted a new challenge as soon as last season finished. It could have been a mutual farewell of sorts and an amicable split. Instead, he's done it smack bang in the middle of the rebuild while we're negotiating for players and trying to sell the project. As you said, last thing the club needed. Selfish git.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
A few United supporting mates on a whatsapp group:
- we don't deserve Ronaldo
- best player last season but he alone couldn't save us
- he is right in looking after himself and wanting to leave with no UCL

Does my head in how there's zero accountability on him.

romufc

He’s been given time off. The interesting one will be if he’s on the tour Friday
I think this also has to do with PR. United go to pre season in Thailand and Australia where sponsors and organisers are paying united to be there, expect Ronaldo to be there too.

United using the family line, gets them out of fines which could potentially be imposed on them.

I can imagine big sums are paid to Untied to travel there so fans get to see Ronaldo in Thailand and Australia.

KeanoMagicHat

A few United supporting mates on a whatsapp group:
- we don't deserve Ronaldo
- best player last season but he alone couldn't save us
- he is right in looking after himself and wanting to leave with no UCL

Does my head in how there's zero accountability on him.
And also everyone was blaming Ole and Rangnick for everything for the past year, with Rangnick saying he couldn’t play how he wanted with Ronaldo. Ten Hag was portrayed as the chosen one by comparison and if he is privately not keen on Ronaldo and that has sparked Ronaldo’s search for a club/getting ahead of the narrative, then surely we have to trust Ten Hag’s judgment if he’s so much of a better manager than Solskjaer.

Herman Toothrot

I guess I may have missed the breadcrumbs that were being dropped, but laid out the way you explained it does make some sense that this is a coordinated exit by both parties
The interview he did a month ago suggests otherwise, but if it makes everyone feel better then why not? It's all tomorrow's chip paper, let's just find somewhere to send him.

KiD MoYeS

which players? Maguire?
Just maybe Maguire's feelings reflect the squads, as captain. Rashford is giving the happiest interviews he's given in months. The general atmosphere in training appears very positive. Even the leaks on training were all good.

Cloud7

You get the impression the players are happy for him to leave.
If by the "players" you mean captain fantastic I would be more than happy for him to leave along with Ronaldo, or even before him

slyadams

I don't see a destination for him. To abbounce you want to leave without a destination is bizarre. None of Real, Barca or Juve would want him, and in some cases afford him. Bayern only makes sense if Lewandowski goes to Barca and for various reasons I don't see that happening. There's no place for him at PSG, China is no longer the gravy train it was and MLS can't afford him.

It comes down to the PL and I can't see who'd want him.

iHicksy

This is our captain.... Jesus wept. Get him out the club ASAP or at the very least drop him and give it to someone deserving. He's like a 15 year old girl on Instagram. Mentality midget.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s been given time off. The interesting one will be if he’s on the tour Friday
Given time off, more like we know he's not coming back so put out a statement to quell constant questions.

If he isn't on the plane to Asia you know for sure it's more than just a family emergency. No smoke without fire, he won't be staying IMO.

TheReligion

Abusive
Given time off, more like we know he's not coming back so put out a statement to quell constant questions.

If he isn't on the plane to Asia you know for sure it's more than just a family emergency. No smoke without fire, he won't be staying IMO.
I don’t disagree. Just no point analysing each day of training as the tour will be the key indicator.

TsuWave

Just maybe Maguire's feelings reflect the squads, as captain. Rashford is giving the happiest interviews he's given in months. The general atmosphere in training appears very positive. Even the leaks on training were all good.
Rashford has been on a positive/I’m focused/refreshed vibe for a while. Certainly way before any of this broke out. Also, isn’t the general stance of the caf that this is a “circus” and shouldn’t drag all summer because it is “distracting” and detrimental to the team? Now we’re attributing happy interviews to it?

I don’t know, maybe, but from personal experience, though anecdotal, I don’t think the captain liking social media posts can be looked at as a reflection of the squad’s feelings. Especially a captain, which has reportedly been challenged more than once about his presence in the first team, to start with.

Last edited:

Real Name

He most probably wont show up for the tour which will be a shock for his fans. But I expect them to find a good excuse for that too.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Cancel his contract on the last day of the window if no offers come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.