Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEleson

You do know that Mendes was offering Ronaldo around last season but had no buyers. City were vaguely considering. He is a has been. Will score goals but will also make the team worse. Plus his gigantic ego, petulance and selfishness can be detrimental in the dressing room.
Have only heard the dressing room stuff become an issue this season after he’s played with the bunch of babies in the team. Past teammates have had nothing but good to say about him.

MUFC OK

You do know that Mendes was offering Ronaldo around last season but had no buyers. City were vaguely considering. He is a has been. Will score goals but will also make the team worse. Plus his gigantic ego, petulance and selfishness can be detrimental in the dressing room.
By accounts the likes of Maguire, Shaw, Rashford and other academy players also have a massive ego and snapped back when being questioned/given advice by him.

He's exposed how terrible the rest of the squad are if anything. He did his job and scored a load of goals last season. We're now facing a season with Martial up front, who by the way was desperate to leave until no one wanted him.

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
Rio is yet another unhelpful git. Putting players above the club - that is something that has to end immediately under the new manager/board.

The club is the focus. The manager is the leader of the club and sets the tone for everything.

The players must falls into line. Doesn't matter if they are called Ronaldo.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They have no striker??? He fits in perfectly and it would be beyond stupid to entertain letting him go there.
How does he fit in perfectly? He’s essentially a goal poacher that doesn’t press, rarely gets involved in the build up and can’t really interchange with the other forwards. We just got rid of a problem like that.

If we sign him, Boehly might as well come out and admit it’s a commercial business decision and not a footballing one.

I could see him scoring good number of goals. Reece James would probably love having Ronaldo on the end of his crosses but I think the bad outweighs the good I’m afraid. Plus believe it or not, he would be a wildly unpopular transfer with the fans.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ronaldo was going to sign for City last season had it not been for a intervention from a couple of former player and SAF.

If it didnt bother Ronaldo, especially moving to local rival, why should it bother us.

Just don't understand the fawning over the guy.

MUFC OK

How does he fit in perfectly? He’s essentially a goal poacher that doesn’t press, rarely gets involved in the build up and can’t really interchange with the other forwards. We just got rid of a problem like that.

If we sign him, Boehly might as well come out and admit it’s a commercial business decision and not a footballing one.

I could see him scoring good number of goals. Reece James would probably love having Ronaldo on the end of his crosses but I think the bad outweighs the good I’m afraid. Plus believe it or not, he would be a wildly unpopular transfer with the fans.
You've bought into the media propaganda then. A strikers job is to score goals. He'll get at least 35 for you in my opinion, but cant believe we'd be stupid enough to let it happen.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Why ?

MrEleson

You've bought into the media propaganda then. A strikers job is to score goals. He'll get at least 35 for you in my opinion, but cant believe we'd be stupid enough to let it happen.
Exactly. It’s nonsense to think that Ronaldo is even comparable to fecking Lakaka. Maybe he doesn’t press but he NEVER did. He would score a ton of goals with the correct service.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
A mixture of things. The main ones I’ve seen mentioned are the case he had against him in the US and also just the fact that he’s a 37 year old who is stylistically the opposite of the kind of striker we want/need.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I disagree. A striker job is more than just scoring goals. You can’t be a hindrance to the way your team wants to play. This version of Ronaldo isn’t the kind of striker I want in my team.

NewYorkRed

There is talks of us asking for 15m….this together with 25m savings in wages….

We really should go all out for a top striker…. Can we offer 80m for Nkuku? I think he will be great m!!
Nkuku to play up top and score 25? You’re delusional.

Real Name

By accounts the likes of Maguire, Shaw, Rashford and other academy players also have a massive ego and snapped back when being questioned/given advice by him.

He's exposed how terrible the rest of the squad are if anything. He did his job and scored a load of goals last season. We're now facing a season with Martial up front, who by the way was desperate to leave until no one wanted him.
RIP our beautiful club.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No, it isn't. A striker's job is to help the team score goals. He most significantly does so by scoring goals himself, but it isn't the extent of his role or responsibility.

MUFC OK

RIP our beautiful club.
Have to agree. The "we're man utd" gig doesn't apply when the squad is riddled with sub-standard, egotistical, pampered brats and we are no way near competing for anything. Ronaldo would be leaving for greener pastures.

Real Name

Have to agree. The "we're man utd" gig doesn't apply when the squad is riddled with sub-standard, pampered brats and we are no way near competing for anything.
Might as well close the club, last man to turn of the light.

bdecuc

Yes Todd think of the sweet, sweet commercial upside. Think of your ego. Think of the sponsors. (Don't think about football). Please do it.

Tavern in the town

I see Ronaldo the same way I see De Gea tbh. Their fans will tell you they’re simply doing their job while ignoring even the slightest bit of critical thinking.

Tavern in the town

I think he'll do fine at Chelsea, aslong as others do the running for him.
Don’t think so really. If they want to play a pressing game as Tuchel presumably does then they can’t simply have someone “do the running for him”, it’s got to be everyone.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
As a Chelsea fan, if you gave me the choice between signing a proper right winger to play in a front 3 with Havertz and Sterling or sign Ronaldo I’d take the right winger 10 times out of 10. But the market for top class wide players that we can sign is rapidly diminishing by the looks of it. Raphinha and Dembele off the table, no links to a Gnabry etc.

I think this is perhaps the only way Tuchel will agree to any Ronaldo move. Because a long term solution isn’t possible this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.