Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthBraxton

There could actually be a family emergency. Knowing Ronaldo he would want to get in a training session while dealing with whatever is keeping him from meeting up with the team.

Not defending Ronaldo. I could care less if he left

Xaviboy

Didn't he piss off Juve as well when he was there last summer when he wanted out. The players were delighted to see back of him from stories that came out at the time.

Just all about him at end of the day. Don't care where he goes just utd are better off without him now starting new chapter with the new manager.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I agree. Being spiteful will hold us back.
No doubt.

If he wants out, we should facilitate the move.

I've said it before - I doubt very much that ETH actually wants Ronaldo to stay. I think he'd much prefer him to leave.

(Yes, yes - he's paid public lip service to Ronaldo, as you would expect, but that means nothing.)

Thom Merrilin

This is the same man who almost signed for City last summer.

I am not surprised he wants to leave and I think it will be best for all parties. Even if we don't get a true replacement this summer.

Legendary player but he has put his status as a Manchester United legend in peril I would say.

newsdevil

Ronaldo should leak that he is interested in Barcelona to get Madrid to pay up

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I love how we make out we want him to stay and we would definitely never consider selling him to Chelsea. Whereas the truth is ETH would drive him to Stamford Bridge himself, knowing that it would wreck their top four chances and increase ours.

I doubt Tuchel is that dumb but you never know.
Tuchel doesn’t sound like he’s got a choice - there’s a new Woody in town :drool:

SydneyRoughDiamond

Unfortunately Ronaldo is now one of those players who causes champagne corks to be popped when joins, and when he leaves a club.

DavelinaJolie

Great timing doing it after our top CF target has joined our rivals and in the middle of negotiations for other transfers
I can see it now. Goldbridge screeching indignant fury at Utd and the Glazers briefing the press against Ronaldo, to try and save wages and because he dared to question the lack of transfer activity and ambition. Then masturbating his viewers into an orgasmic frenzy over Prince Ronaldo, who tried to show us the error of our ways, tried to raise the level, and was left with no choice but to request a transfer after we had already missed the better striker options available because he's just such a GOAT and cares so much about the club. All hail Ronaldo, he was our saviour, but we weren't willing to listen! Hark and Hallelujah!

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why are PSG not being mentioned as potential suitors?
They tick a lot of boxes for Ronaldo, an almost guaranteed new League title, shed loads of goals, Champions League, and the enticing thought of teaming up with Messi for their final swansong...(Ala George Best & Rodney Marsh)
As for Ronaldo, he surely fits their marquee profile, especially if Neymar is being shown the door....

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I can see it now. Goldbridge screeching indignant fury at Utd and the Glazers briefing the press against Ronaldo, to try and save wages and because he dared to question the lack of transfer activity and ambition. Then masturbating his viewers into an orgasmic frenzy over Prince Ronaldo, who tried to show us the error of our ways, tried to raise the level, and was left with no choice but to request a transfer after we had already missed the better striker options available because he's just such a GOAT and cares so much about the club. All hail Ronaldo, he was our saviour, but we weren't willing to listen! Hark and Hallelujah!
I just saw the video of him doing just this :lol:

“Ronaldo loves United” Yeah right, feck off Mark. He’s a footballing Patrick Bateman.

Rolaholic

All these Werner shouts because he presses well...modern football might not be for me :lol:

I still want my strikers/goalscorers to score loads of goals and he's been one of the worst at that for any of the top 6 teams since joining with his conversion rate. Couldn't care less how well he presses if he can't hit the side of a barn door

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

He loves Fergie and his own legacy, never the club
Of course he will take a pay cut, there are no many clubs in the world who are stupid enough to pay that much for players as we are. See Pogba.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
If scoring a few more CL goals is his main priority, then he does have plenty of options.

At least if he's willing to take a pay cut.

Or - you could say: unless he's completely delusional, he has to be willing to take a pay cut.

There's no chance in hell that anyone but - maybe - PSG will simply match his current (basic) wages.

And PSG would only buy him for the novelty value in the first place.

But - being somewhat serious - he could go to Italy: Milan or Napoli (back to Juve seems too silly).

On some kind of appearance based deal, say (that could be acceptable to his ego).

Chelsea is also an option - if Tuchel has no say in the matter (I would say, given that Tuchel doesn't strike me as an idiot).

Irwin99

All these Werner shouts because he presses well...modern football might not be for me :lol:

I still want my strikers/goalscorers to score loads of goals and he's been one of the worst at that for any of the top 6 teams since joining with his conversion rate. Couldn't care less how well he presses if he can't hit the side of a barn door
He can improve on that (not that this will happen anyway). His movement, workrate and energy are fantastic.

Berbaclass

If scoring a few more CL goals is his main priority, then he does have plenty of options.

At least if he's willing to take a pay cut.

Or - you could say: unless he's completely delusional, he has to be willing to take a pay cut.

There's no chance in hell that anyone but - maybe - PSG will simply match his current (basic) wages.

And PSG would only buy him for the novelty value in the first place.

But - being somewhat serious - he could go to Italy: Milan or Napoli (back to Juve seems too silly).

On some kind of appearance based deal, say (that could be acceptable to his ego).

Chelsea is also an option - if Tuchel has no say in the matter (I would say, given that Tuchel doesn't strike me as an idiot).
The way Ogden made it sound to me was that if someone agrees to take his reported 500k a week wages they can have him.

Esquire

Mate, you don’t have to agree with Goldbridge and sounds like you think he is completely over the top half the time (which I agree). I also agree this is largely about Ronaldo and his own ego in wanting to cement more trophies. But at the same time I also don’t think this sh*tshow of a club in its current state was what CR7 signed up to. On some level I don’t fault him for wanting to leave b/c he doesn’t have much gas in the tank left and if he thinks he can go to another club and win another major trophy he should have the right to push for a move. Where he and his agent have been disgraceful is the timing, because they needed to wait for some pieces to fall into place (Bayern and Chelsea becoming possibilities) and then dropping a bombshell a few day before the club goes on tour. Either way his legacy with United has been severely tarnished.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Why are PSG not being mentioned as potential suitors?
They could be.

Depends on how shrewd Kylian is as their new DOF.

If he's thinking...show business more than anything. Then - yes.

I mean - Ronaldo and Messi would be box office turned up to 11.

Until they actually played together, that is.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The way Ogden made it sound to me was that if someone agrees to take his reported 500k a week wages they can have him.
Well - I hope not.

Because - again - nobody in their right mind would do that.

Certainly not anyone serious.

It's PSG - again. Who may not be serious (as it were).

tomaldinho1

I don’t really get the fuss. Nice to have him back for a swansong but it was our worst season in memory, he’s ancient in player terms and doesn’t suit what ETH wants - if someone will give us a few million for him, that’s great.

RedDevilRoshi

Might as well return the favour to Chelsea when they sold us both Mata & Matic who were both past their prime when they joined us.

yamo123x

If he wants to go, we let him go, we pay hardball with fee and insist on 25million or no deal... and then replace him with N'kunku not Abraham, calvert lewin, Bellotti, or any other overrated striker.

I cant help but think whilst he had very positive influences on the pitch that he upset a few off the pitch and would have been key figure in the toxic dressing room.

I could never see him playing in ETH system anyway

No time to keep unhappy players, if he not happy let him go, we move on.

Berbaclass

Well - I hope not.

Because - again - nobody in their right mind would do that.

Certainly not anyone serious.

It's PSG - again. Who may not be serious (as it were).
I think they just might want to wash their hands if him ASAP and not disrupt pre season too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.