Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewnited

https://www.manutd.com/en/imagegall...allery-of-ronaldo-at-old-trafford-10-sep-2021

Some great photos of the GOAT at Old Trafford. He is looking incredibly lean. Im sure he had more bulk before, maybe trimmed down to counteract some of the effects of older age slow down?

Would be interesting to see how his weight stats have changed and could have an impact on his power on the Premier League.
Yeah I remember reading something a while ago about him aiming to gradually reduce his weight as he continues through his 30's in order to extend his physical peak. Pretty sure he mentioned it himself in an interview somewhere as well. To your point, he's definitely does look a lot leaner than last time he worse the shirt!

MacarisSocks

In Portugal for next few days and there's a general excitement for Ronaldo's 2nd coming amongst the Portugese I've spoken to. Glad I'm over here for the Newcastle game as it'll be televised live. It'd be cheaper to get an Easy Jet to Faro compared to some of the prices I've seen for tickets to the game .

captaincantona

how do you know all this? You got insider information or just reading the media? If that’s to be believed then he also flirted with city knowing we wouldn’t let that happen. He wanted us, we just had to want him back. He looks genuinely chuffed to be here.

the reality is.. no one knows anything..
Yeah that’s fair...I don’t have any inside info and really just base it on, as you said, news reports and the idea that if he wanted to go to Utd Mendes would have worked that out from the off...by all accounts Mendes has a good relationship with Utd. But you’re right I have no idea...just a feeling .

he does seem delighted to be back and I’m delighted to have him. Just don’t think he is as in love with the club as the narrative suggests.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah that’s fair...I don’t have any inside info and really just base it on, as you said, news reports and the idea that if he wanted to go to Utd Mendes would have worked that out from the off...by all accounts Mendes has a good relationship with Utd. But you’re right I have no idea...just a feeling .

he does seem delighted to be back and I’m delighted to have him. Just don’t think he is as in love with the club as the narrative suggests.
"City didn't want to pay the fee" was the narrative created by City, some face saving excercise for odd reason.

Pep in his press conference said players like Ronaldo decide which club they want to go. That was acceptance of rejection.

Also I don't think he loves ManUtd like how ManUtd account want us to believe but he always spoke very highly about the club and also called his second home when he was Madrid player.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
"City didn't want to pay the fee" was the narrative created by City, some face saving excercise for odd reason.

Pep in his press conference said players like Ronaldo decide which club they want to go. That was acceptance of rejection.

Also I don't think he loves ManUtd like how ManUtd account want us to believe but he always spoke very highly about the club and also called his second home when he was Madrid player.
Freaking this, so bizarre the instant narrative shift. If you go simply by timeline the first reports of City “pulling out” of the Ronaldo deal were mid day the day the announcement was made (and you can see in Ronaldos texts to Evra at 9amish he said he was joining us).

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The media doesn't account for the 24,000 posts in the Messi vs Ronaldo thread with the same posters going around in the same circles over and over again (not even including all the shite that has leaked from the containment thread into the rest of the football forum).
Yeah cause on forum with 24,000 posts is all the whole world is about? They are debating who the better player which is fair enough. Fans don’t have access to some of the research material the media does. They aren’t always right of course but it sells newspapers.

The Firestarter

Yeah cause on forum with 24,000 posts is all the whole world is about? They are debating who the better player which is fair enough. Fans don’t have access to some of the research material the media does. They aren’t always right of course but it sells newspapers.
Its not about the research material , its about people caring en masse about such stuff. Media wouldn't bother compiling this if it wouldn't have any traction.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Its not about the research material , its about people caring en masse about such stuff. Media wouldn't bother compiling this if it wouldn't have any traction.
Media job is to sell stories whether people are interested or not. They sell it in a way that makes people interested. Any news on celebs they can sell - like if an actress is pregnant for example. Who cares if she is pregnant or if it’s her 1st or 5th child?

The Firestarter

Media job is to sell stories whether people are interested or not. They sell it in a way that makes people interested. Any news on celebs they can sell - like if an actress is pregnant for example. Who cares if she is pregnant or if it’s her 1st or 5th child?
If people wouldn't click on these stories they wouldn't bother doing them, its that simple. Basic economics really.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I'm watching the interview with Ronaldo on the pitch for MUTV with Wes Brown.

Fecking hell, what a pitch there's at Old Trafford.

Amazing things are going to happen tomorrow.

Riz

Only twice as many? PSG are a nothing club compared to United. I would have expected Ronaldo shirts to outsell Messi shirts by an order of 5 or more.
Messi was confirmed as a PSG player on the 10th August, Ronaldo wasn't until the 27th. Quick maf and he's been a United player for half the time and sold twice the shirts so that's basically 4 to 1 anyway.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
How much have Ronaldo played as a lone striker ? I`ve mostly seen him with a second striker where Ronaldo often attacks the box a little deeper from the left.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Messi was confirmed as a PSG player on the 10th August, Ronaldo wasn't until the 27th. Quick maf and he's been a United player for half the time and sold twice the shirts so that's basically 4 to 1 anyway.
Ronaldo only confirmed the #7 jersey on 3rd September, so the sales number should only be for 1 week for us.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Many people probably ordered the 7 shirt before that and though feck it, he is nr 7 anyway.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
OT will be buzzing. The whole world is waiting . Do you think Ole will bench him - absolutely no chance.

100 % he is starting!

RepardReece

Why's everyone getting stuck up on Ronaldo shirt sales?

Manchester United is worldwide and has a far bigger fanbase, of course Ronaldo was going to sell more shirts.

laughtersassassin

Only twice as many? PSG are a nothing club compared to United. I would have expected Ronaldo shirts to outsell Messi shirts by an order of 5 or more.
Twice as many in much less time. How long have we signed Ronaldo versus Messi to PSG?

ForeverRed1

I think when he sees the bonkers reaction he is going to get tomorrow he will fall madly in love with us! It’s going to be unlike anything we have seen before:eek: but agree, football doesn’t have that anymore really, it’s a job, a business.

laughtersassassin

I don't think he'll start for some reason, but I don't see any reason why he shouldn't.
I don't think he will either. It's just an Ole thing to do.

Expecting to see Martial Cavani Greenwood even though there would be no good reason to play that 3 imo

Dempsey19

I cant see him starting either unfortunately. Its Ole afterall.

I dont get this "Oh we will bring him on as a sub instead so he can get a great reaction from the fans", we could be 2-0 down at that point for all we know.

Alemar

Ronaldo only confirmed the #7 jersey on 3rd September, so the sales number should only be for 1 week for us.
It’s pretty easy to suggest that his shirt sales will exceed 1bn pounds very quickly when he starts to score (and 7% take rate will yield 70m profit for the club for shirts alone).

RedDevil@84

I remember Ballbag was everywhere and a big deal years ago. Now his City propaganda is barely getting a hundred retweets.
BBC still quotes his views as facts in their articles, especially when it comes to La Liga news.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
fecking buzzing for this. I hope it'll be a rout but I dunno. I'll settle for a squeaky win but I wanna see a performance. *rubs hands

Status
Not open for further replies.