Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Name

This is the biggest mistake this club can make. We already have an ageing Cavani, now an ageing Ronaldo. What happens to Mason now? Reduced playing time.
I have felt for a while now that OGS is a coward. He keeps giving young plyers 1 or 2 isolated games. Apart from Mason 9 an exceptional talent) he has not given anyone else a long run. Elenga had a great pre season but James is still given time ahead of him, same for Diallo. Even OGS must reliase that that Lingard can never be a part of a PL or CL winning team, so why is he playing. Why was he a sub against Saints while Hannibal was not even on the bench.
I can see in a couple of years
Mason asking for a transfer as he is not getting playing time
Hannibal, Elanga, Diallo doing a Pogba and going off to Dortmund or Juve or Leipzig
We are going backwards not forwards. I have followed United since the early fifties and apart from when we were relegated I cannot remeber a time when I felt we were making so many mistakes as now, given the money were are spending
Come on mate, it's not that bad.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
If we continue to use Paul on the left and Bruna as a false 9, it leaves with
Christiano
Cavani
Mason
Jadon
James
Antony
Markus
fighting for 2 spots
because we didnt have the insight to get a good defensive midfielder to replace McFred but we sign a 38 year old Legend.
What if he scores 30 goals and wins Ballon D'or but we end up 4th after Chelsea, City and Liverpool and get knocked out of the CL in the last 16. But we make millions on shirt sales and sponsorships. Will that be worth it? Are we a football club or a business?
Give your head a wobble

Hanky panky

A bit weird feeling. We went out with friends last night, Ronaldo was going to be a City player. I woke up this afternoon in a hangover and United have announced him. What the h.ll?:D

Real Name

Christiano
Cavani
Mason
Jadon
James
Antony
Markus
fighting for 2 spots
because we didnt have the insight to get a good defensive midfielder to replace McFred but we sign a 38 year old Legend.
What if he scores 30 goals and wins Ballon D'or but we end up 4th after Chelsea, City and Liverpool and get knocked out of the CL in the last 16. But we make millions on shirt sales and sponsorships. Will that be worth it? Are we a football club or a business?
30 goals help a lot.

RedCheekz

I literally went to work this morning really annoyed listening to talk sport go on about ronaldo joining city. Been busy in work, no chance see the news.
Come home and I see the Goat has come back home.
Ohhhh what a day

Lights Out

Absolutely ridiculous afternoon that, wasn’t it?

It was pretty obvious from Ole’s press conference that something was happening but to have it all done and wrapped up within 4 hours was astonishing.

I literally just got a shiver and goosebumps when I saw a Cristiano Ronaldo thread in the Player Performance forum.

This is why we love this club so much. Holy shit.

Red Star One

It’s also so fecking funny that we’d have threads going for hundreds of pages yearly with bullshit rumors about him coming back to United (peak was obviously last years before he moved to Juve) and after all he indeed came back and transfer saga lasted literally half a day :lol::lol::lol:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Christiano
Cavani
Mason
Jadon
James
Antony
Markus
fighting for 2 spots
Business. Can't believe our fan base. We have signed one of the 2 best players in the world and yet, we only hear complaints.

Feck off.

redshaw

Absolutely buzzing.

The whole day I've been humming Opus Live is life Nanananana visualizing Maradona doing his tricks willing this transfer to the football gods.

AaronRedDevil

Think I’m gonna cry tears of Joy. Thought it would never happen and now I’m buying a damn United jersey with RONALDO! On the back. Gotta get me a fecking ticket and get myself to OT.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Christiano
Cavani
Mason
Jadon
James
Antony
Markus
fighting for 2 spots
You're right mate, might as well shut the club down now.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Alright, own up lads, which one of you is this?

MyBloodIsRed

Say what you Will about Ronnie but the dude just like Varane is a serial winner. Some thing the current squad lacks.

One could argue that this can cut into rashford or Sancho or Greenwoods playing time. But has anybody thought about the impact of training and being around somebody that is one of the greatest? Instilling a mentality into such a young squad I think can pay dividends bigger than the goals he will score for us over the next couple years.

James_42

What a crazy few days it's been with an amazing ending.

The reception he will get at Old Trafford will be incredible.

I can imagine the entire team was buzzing today when it was announced, just like Cavani Greenwood should be able to learn so much from him.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I see line-ups with Ronaldo as a lone number 9, you really dont want to do that, he doesn't work well there.

Play him as a 2nd striker instead.

CraftySoAndSo

Having to pinch myself right now it all feels surreal. Watching him at old trafford as a kid are some of my best childhood memories and now he's back!!! Unfortunately i don't live close enough to get to go anymore but hopefully i can get there at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.