Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutchred

You’ve posted utter shite all day but I just want to say - spell their names correctly please.
You may all be right and I totally wrong, and I respect all your opinions and I hope you respect mine but lets see at the end f the season.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is just so surreal specially after I had convinced myself that he was going to City. The first home game after the break is going to be special
Viva Ronaldoooooooooooo

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I don't really get people being over the moon with this transfer, bearing in mind our midfield problem.
Nostalgia aside, now we have to shoehorn Bruno, Ronaldo, Pogba and Sanchez into a team with no defensive midfielder or proper cm.
And all the talk about moving to 442 with Fred and MCT in centre midfield :lol:
We will be overrun by decent teams. Yes, we well thrash someone on our day but longterm, this is a disaster.
Also, I can't see Cavani, Martial and Greenwood being happy with this signing.
God help us.
Cavani can share game time, Greenwood can learn, martial can get the drinks… water only please

stw2022

“Great signing for City. Would hate to be a United fan “
….

“Embarrassing signing for United. City fans must feel relieved”

9am vs 6pm

Coxy

Totally excited about starting a new FM save now :D

delighted with him coming back

Skåre Willoch

I don't really get people being over the moon with this transfer, bearing in mind our midfield problem.
Nostalgia aside, now we have to shoehorn Bruno, Ronaldo, Pogba and Sanchez into a team with no defensive midfielder or proper cm.
We will be overrun by decent teams. Yes, we well thrash someone on our day but longterm, this is a disaster.
God help us.
We're still stuck with that guy?! Blimey.

jimmyb2000

My only regret about this transfer is that we missed out on pairing him with Messi (on a free transfer) as that would have been befitting to our glorious club.

Before anyone goes off on one here please at least bear this in mind as I am an ex vet.

You don't know what outta order is! I'd show you but I'm too old; I'm too tired; I'm too feckin' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago I'd take a FLAME-THROWER to this place! Outta order. Who the hell you think you're talkin' to? I've been around, you know?

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
God help us.
Hate to break it to you but Sanchez left for Inter 2 seasons ago mate.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
This is the biggest mistake this club can make. We already have an ageing Cavani, now an ageing Ronaldo. What happens to Mason now? Reduced playing time.
I have felt for a while now that OGS is a coward. He keeps giving young plyers 1 or 2 isolated games. Apart from Mason 9 an exceptional talent) he has not given anyone else a long run. Elenga had a great pre season but James is still given time ahead of him, same for Diallo. Even OGS must reliase that that Lingard can never be a part of a PL or CL winning team, so why is he playing. Why was he a sub against Saints while Hannibal was not even on the bench.
I can see in a couple of years
Mason asking for a transfer as he is not getting playing time
Hannibal, Elanga, Diallo doing a Pogba and going off to Dortmund or Juve or Leipzig
We are going backwards not forwards. I have followed United since the early fifties and apart from when we were relegated I cannot remeber a time when I felt we were making so many mistakes as now, given the money were are spending
What are you even talking about? Cavani was never playing every week and Greenwood very much still will be. The only thing we’ve done is upgraded our first choose striker from Martial to Ronaldo. I fully expect so see Martial head out now. Cavani goes next year, we sign a younger striker (hopefully Haaland) and Ronaldo takes Cavani’s role. What exactly is the panic here?

Cloud7

Ah the ultimate immediate answer to our striker situation

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Cavi is older, Anthony is awful, James should never have been signed.

If anything, this will bring Haaland to United, he wants to win, we get a good CDM and Haaland, and keep the others and get Pog to sign an extension, we will easily win the league and could/should win the CL. Just need to get rid of dead weight!
Let's hope

Withnail

God help us.
Get out

Strats

No further updates I reckon, he's still in Lisbon waiting for to do his medical?

Cantonagotmehere

I cannot believe it. I am so happy. Cannot believe my 14 year old will get to see him play in Red.

He will help us kill off the bottom of the table teams, something we have really struggled with for years.

What a day to be a United fan. Look at the pull we still have with the signings this Summer.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
My only regret about this transfer is that we missed out on pairing him with Messi (on a free transfer) as that would have been befitting to our glorious club.

Before anyone goes off on one here please at least bear this in mind as I am an ex vet.

You don't know what outta order is! I'd show you but I'm too old; I'm too tired; I'm too feckin' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago I'd take a FLAME-THROWER to this place! Outta order. Who the hell you think you're talkin' to? I've been around, you know?
Messi wouldn't move to the PL. :angel:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Have my worries, but it's not the time now. Whatever comes of it, this just had to be done and it is such a right way for him to end it here. It brings back memories and good times, while the other scenario was just bleak and miserable.

In a way, it's a statement signing that we are still here in a big way.
I also had my doubts about him signing for us if he had both offers on the table and props to him for joining us because by choosing City he would have a much more dominant team behind him and it would be easier to achieve more trophies. But, he fortunately still went this even knowing that this team blows hot and cold often during the season. Happy to be proven wrong.

Long time no seen, but welcome home. It would be an emotional first game and hopefully the whole season.

As @Jim Beam said its its like getting pissed. You feel fantastic, we'll have regrets in the morning. :D
Exactly, cheers mate! We will think about hungover, ups and downs later. And if you can't deal with a hungover, don't get pissed in the first place. ;)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Why not? Do you not think he wants to play with Ronaldo? Cavani and Martial won't be around so we'll need another striker
If haaland does come then it's phenomenal planning by the management team. Then we will look back in 10 yes time and asked why we never did the DOF malarkey earlier.

Skizzo

God help us.
Can’t see Sancho being happy about being called Sanchez either really.

People complain about depth and how we have no one to rotate with or pull off the bench. People complain we have no leaders. People complain about every damn thing.

No, signing Ronaldo doesn’t do much long term but look at all the posts saying how football was dead and there’s no feel good moments anymore. Ronaldo coming back to Old Trafford is huge and raises the mood around the place and the fan base. Sure it might not reach the heights of the last time he was here, but it’s all about enjoying the ride. The fans are back in stadiums and Old Trafford is gonna blow when Ronaldo walks out onto the pitch.

Look how many players have already posted on social media and commented on his return. You really think Greenwood is unhappy that one of the greatest players of all time will be on the training ground for him to learn from? He’s got two of the best strikers in Europe to show him the ropes. Cavani knew he wasn’t going to be a long term solution. And if Martial is bent out of shape…maybe He’ll push on and find some form again. If he was doing what he was supposed to, we wouldn’t be looking for more goal scorers anyway.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
Fantastic signing, combining experience with youth is something that Fergie did in the past and it worked out pretty well.
Can't wait our games now :devil:

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
It's actually amazing how quickly this was all done. I still can't quite believe it's true.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
how many games do we give him before we turn on him? anything less than a hat trick against newcastle? he’ll already do nothing against wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.