Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Holy feck :drool: :drool: :drool:

I woke up and saw the banner on redcafe and was stunned. I just read up on everything.

Surely he's getting the #7 right? It'd look so weird if he didn't have that number.

I honestly can't believe he's back. I never thought he'd come back.
The last 12 hours have been the craziest ive ever seen, not just caf but football in general. Enjoy the last few hundred pages of the Ronaldo transfer thread when you have some time.

manuchamp88

Does anyone think there’s anything to read in the current squad reactions via social media so far? I haven’t seen a reaction from notably Pogba.

I’m inclined to think no reaction is a sign of not being too happy or about to leave.
Souness, is that you?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Anyone else longing for Danny Ings?
Talksport literally have brainstorming exercises before broadcast to come up with the most controversial and ridiculous positions they possibly can. I wish it was banned from this forum.

adamc26

Supports
sunderland
Adding on a few more details (not a copy-paste) from above posts . They essentially say that Ronaldo to City was virtually imminent yesterday.. before Chief strategist Fergie and Co. finally "woke up" and went about a last ditch hijacking in the final 24 hours.

Agents SAF, Rio, Bruno, Evra, Ole,

Fergie:
Heart of the Strategy. Ferguson is described as playing a “major role” over the 24 hours, phoning Ronaldo, and using his good relationship with Jorge Mendes. He repeatedly pressed Ole to make it happen. He called the United Board to ensure they were doing everything possible "or all hell would break loose" among fans and beyond.

Rio: Almost acting as a broker on behalf of United. Had a passionate conversation with long-time United team-mate, who was genuinely inquisitive about the impact moving to City might have on his United legacy. Counselling Ronaldo over hurt seeing him joining City might cause, set against the joy that returning to OT would bring him and United fans. He's also close to Woodward and made sure United were informed over the financial details. He was still up at 1.30am, sending messages to get the deal moving.

Bruno: Pressed his Portugal captain over phone and text

Evra: Exchanged voicenotes/messages on WhatsApp

Ole: Personally interevened, having also realised he couldn't allow a legendary figure like Ronaldo to go to local rivals without a fight. Long term damage to the club in the eyes of fans and future recruits. Looked at benefits of bring him back: the comeback story, the ultra-professionalism he would bring, etc. He called Woody to hijack the deal, who then agreed instantly to start negotiating.

Rooney: Possibly had a word to Ronaldo as well (article is unclear on this) hence his confidence when asked yesterday.

Woodward: Quick and effiecient negotiation with Agnelli - (the pair having grown closer during the planning for the mooted Super League :lol: :lol:). Glazers also saw it as a Brady - Tampa move so was given the green light.

It was an avalanche of affection that worked. It is believed Ronaldo had given his word to United by 10.30am that morning, before Ole's presser. Current squad are reportedly ecstatic to see him join!
Sunderland fan here but Utd have been my 2nd team since the early 90’s with Cantona, Giggsy and Kanchelskis the main reasons. I have been absolutely buzzing all day since I heard the news. Rio’s Leonardo GIF had me convinced he was signing, and the little nod/smile video just backed that up. He needs to be given a role in the club.
I’ve got to say that the above passage could only every happen to Utd in world football. Crazy how many ex players still absolutely are in love with the club. Even foreign players like Evra, it’s just unheard of. I honestly don’t think Ronaldo would have went to City, but I have a feeling that he doesn’t realise how big the rivalry is, City weren’t any competition to Utd then. However this nonsense of City not want to sign him is crap. The minute Utd got involved City knew he would go there. I hope to God Utd win the league this season, I think with the 3 major signings they are in with a great shout. Interesting listening to the Rio video on another post, who could be coming in on deadline day?!
For me, I’d be tempted to get rid of Martial and/or Cavani, especially if Haaland can be brought it. I have a strange feeling that he might sign. Then just a world class DM and Utd have the best squad in the league.

TsuWave

Does anyone think there’s anything to read in the current squad reactions via social media so far? I haven’t seen a reaction from notably Pogba.

I’m inclined to think no reaction is a sign of not being too happy or about to leave.
He didn't react to Sancho neither. He only reacted to Varane because he knows him well/they're good friends. Contrary to belief on this forum Pogba doesn't actually spend much time on his socials. His last tweet was awhile ago.

OverratedOpinion

Cavani would have to give it up, and since the league has now started, the club would need permission from the league to allow it

I am sure they will push for it very heavily, CR7 is a bigger brand in football than any club other than Madrid, Barcelon and Ourselves (even then it is probably close).

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What an epic summer, really happy for the United supporters to see him back there, it would have been really ugly to see him at City, I can't believe that was even seriously considered.

Alemar

Pogba hasn't posted anything about Rinaldo on social media. Will be interesting to see what he says.
He must be one of the main beneficiaries: thanks to Ronaldo finishing and heading abilities Pogba will be in a position to increase his assists count greatly.

pav1790

He must be one of the main beneficiaries: thanks to Ronaldo finishing and heading abilities Pogba will be in a position to increase his assists count greatly.
I think the assists to Ronny will come from Bruno, Sancho, Shaw et al. Pogba will be assisting Mason, Marcus and Bruno. And yes I am totally chatting shit because I have no idea what this team could do now (just like the rest of the teams). Genuinely buzzed with excitement. If we do win trophy or trophies this season, I am going to cry. If we don't ( we should get very close ) I ll be very very disappointed.

The_Midfielder

Nostalgia is very powerful
This is a sporting and a business decision..
He crashed the website in the first hour, we gained 1M followers today.. he has 330M followers in social media..Hell he added 200M to the company valuation today.. look at the stocks today..
If you really think this is nostalgia..you are mistaken my friend

Eddy_JukeZ

The last 12 hours have been the craziest ive ever seen, not just caf but football in general. Enjoy the last few hundred pages of the Ronaldo transfer thread when you have some time.
I read up on the last 70 an hour ago.

It was insane. Wish I could have witnessed it live :lol:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Pogba hasn't posted anything about Rinaldo on social media. Will be interesting to see what he says.
He didn’t post anything about Varane for a few days until he suddenly popped up on a video call with him! He is the one who could be most put out by this though - the huge wages that dwarf his and the fact he’s likely now back in midfield. Greenwood hasn’t posted anything either.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Adding on a few more details (not a copy-paste) from above posts . They essentially say that Ronaldo to City was virtually imminent yesterday.. before Chief strategist Fergie and Co. finally "woke up" and went about a last ditch hijacking in the final 24 hours.

Agents SAF, Rio, Bruno, Evra, Ole,

Fergie:
Heart of the Strategy. Ferguson is described as playing a “major role” over the 24 hours, phoning Ronaldo, and using his good relationship with Jorge Mendes. He repeatedly pressed Ole to make it happen. He called the United Board to ensure they were doing everything possible "or all hell would break loose" among fans and beyond.

Rio: Almost acting as a broker on behalf of United. Had a passionate conversation with long-time United team-mate, who was genuinely inquisitive about the impact moving to City might have on his United legacy. Counselling Ronaldo over hurt seeing him joining City might cause, set against the joy that returning to OT would bring him and United fans. He's also close to Woodward and made sure United were informed over the financial details. He was still up at 1.30am, sending messages to get the deal moving.

Bruno: Pressed his Portugal captain over phone and text

Evra: Exchanged voicenotes/messages on WhatsApp

Ole: Personally interevened, having also realised he couldn't allow a legendary figure like Ronaldo to go to local rivals without a fight. Long term damage to the club in the eyes of fans and future recruits. Looked at benefits of bring him back: the comeback story, the ultra-professionalism he would bring, etc. He called Woody to hijack the deal, who then agreed instantly to start negotiating.

Rooney: Possibly had a word to Ronaldo as well (article is unclear on this) hence his confidence when asked yesterday.

Woodward: Quick and effiecient negotiation with Agnelli - (the pair having grown closer during the planning for the mooted Super League :lol: :lol:). Glazers also saw it as a Brady - Tampa move so was given the green light.

It was an avalanche of affection that worked. It is believed Ronaldo had given his word to United by 10.30am that morning, before Ole's presser. Current squad are reportedly ecstatic to see him join!
Yeah, it is clear from Rio’s Five videos that he was very in the know on this one and personally acted to make sure that he knew he did all he could to not see Ronaldo playing for City.

Status
Not open for further replies.