Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

This is Good and all but I'm still gutted, Raphael Varane Didn't get the number he wanted, which i think the Club has just done something like a double standard with this one.

They can Get No.7 off Cavani's back but can't get No.4 off "Phil Feck Injury prone Jones"
When has varane stated he wanted #4? I don't recall it or is this just some other way of bashing Jones?

arnie_ni

This is Good and all but I'm still gutted, Raphael Varane Didn't get the number he wanted, which i think the Club has just done something like a double standard with this one.

They can Get No.7 off Cavani's back but can't get No.4 off "Phil Feck Injury prone Jones"
The club didn't do anything. It's between the players.

Oranges038

What are the governments guidelines for elite sport exemption he didnt qualify for? :lol:

Mr Ronaldo, we regret to inform you on this occasion you were unsuccessful...'
Stuff like that is a pen pushers wet dream.

They're not going to turn that opportunity down.

arnie_ni

The thing that always gets me about this is not the jump itself but the fact he knee doesn’t explode with that landing.
Ha great minds. Its a fecking horrible landing but his quad muscles absorb it all

romufc

I'm sure it's costing them a fortune.
The ronaldo signing alone drove United share price by 300m

Let alone all the commercial rights that united have

Put on top of that there were many people applying for United membership after news that Ronaldo had signed, the cheapest membership is £20.

Shirt Sales, merchandise etc...

Redlyn

Jones has had his for a decade and Cavani for a season? Varane has no connection to our no. 4 or even any no. 4 while Ronaldo is getting back his old shirt and same number he has always used? The club didn't force either player to do anything, Cavani agreed to give up his shirt understanding well the context that's why Ronaldo is praising his gesture. It wasnt prised out of his cold hands.

No double standards here.

LARulz

Why does Ronaldo have to isolate when he arrives? He is coming from Portugal. Is it cos he is not vaxxed?

Redlyn

Why the hell would he get an exemption though. The great Ronaldo does not get or transmit Covid apparently???

kirk buttercup

Incredible Gesture By Cavani , As someone said He is even more likeable now Might just be me But man I'm loving this team of players. It's hard to comprehend in our next match we will have to pick who starts Between CR7 , Cavani , Sancho , Greenwood and Martial nevermind we will have Varane at the back guarding our Goal whilst being managed by a club legend. Really exciting times . If you cant get behind this team and get excited you are either dead inside or you may need to start watching some other Sport.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I think it's just that the 'elite sportsperson' ruled as a whole has been scrapped. Not that they've decided Ronaldo doesn't fit the criteria :lol:

Besides. He's travelling back sooner, which means with his quarantine, he'll be with us at the same time as he would've been if he'd stayed with Portugal. It's all good.

LARulz

Think the risk of blood clots in young men scares a lot of people to be honest.
It isn't the chance of him catching COVID and being out for a few games or worse not just as bad, or worse, risk? I know he can afford to protect himself more than vast majority of people on the planet but still

Slightly surprised and slightly disappointed he hasn't been vaxxed (I assume if he has to isolate). If he doesn't, then I very much doubt those other players who aren't jabbed will all of a sudden

Edit: Just seen his sister was anti COVID in that she thought it was all out of proportion and she is not vaccinated. She was positive a few weeks ago and recovered in hospital. I doubt he and his family will have been then

RUCK4444

No he isn't as far as I'm aware. I'm just questioning why someone would think he shouldn't have got one, when there's clearly quite a fitting one for him, and yet he hasn't got it!
Ah ok. I’m trying to gauge whether he is nailed on for a start against Newcastle as I’m planning to travel for the game.

Concerned with this quarantine he will miss the game.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The share price did spike though, did it not?
The share price spiked briefly which drove up the market cap on the stock, which overall it has a nominal effect for us as a club, and maybe some shareholders may have made an extra 5% if they cashed out, though I doubt many did.
The stock price is already back at the level it was prior to us signing him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It isn't the chance of him catching COVID and being out for a few games or worse not just as bad, or worse, risk? I know he can afford to protect himself more than vast majority of people on the planet but still

Slightly surprised and slightly disappointed he hasn't been vaxxed (I assume if he has to isolate). If he doesn't, then I very much doubt those other players who aren't jabbed will all of a sudden

Edit: Just seen his sister was anti COVID in that she thought it was all out of proportion and she is not vaccinated. She was positive a few weeks ago and recovered in hospital. I doubt he and his family will have been then
I think some people just weigh up the pro/cons and decide for themselves. We know Cristiano is very health conscious and doesn't like putting drugs/alcohol into his body, I assume he feels the same way about the vaccination.

There is genuine risk of heart inflammation in young males, blood clots while rare are a possibility too. I guess he just feels he's a strong person and will take his chances, whether rightly or wrongly.

I don't know if he's already had it in the past or not?

flappyjay

From what Ronaldo said it seems there was communication between Ronaldo and Cavani. The club didn't strip him of his jersey a la Zlatan/Martial. Seems like Cavani was open to a swap as long as he got the 21.

flappyjay

Wow, nothing like making a mountain out of a molehill. 4 was already registered with Jones, so as with CR and the number 7 a special dispensation would have been necessary from the PL. I doubt Varane 4 is the global brand that CR7 is and there for the dispensation would not have been forthcoming. Let’s see who wears the 4 next season…..
I don't think a special dispensation is needed when the current holder of the jersey hasn't played in the current season.

djembatheking

I think some people just weigh up the pro/cons and decide for themselves. We know Cristiano is very health conscious and doesn't like putting drugs/alcohol into his body, I assume he feels the same way about the vaccination.

There is genuine risk of heart inflammation in young males, blood clots while rare are a possibility too. I guess he just feels he's a strong person and will take his chances, whether rightly or wrongly.

I don't know if he's already had it in the past or not?
Advice for other 36 year olds is to get jabbed as it is safe.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
So what we are meant to believe you that it didn't over the stock exchange?
You can believe what you like, but what you wrote was incorrect in many ways.
Either way the price of the stock is back to where it was prior to us signing Ronaldo, it certainly didn't rise by 300m, as you claimed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Advice for other 36 year olds is to get jabbed as it is safe.
For your average person yes, but who knows for elite sportsmen? perhaps them pushing their hearts to a high level very regularly is bad with the vaccine? we just don't know.

I think what happened to Eriksen put a lot of people off. Some people are just anti vax by nature also.

RUCK4444

The share price spiked briefly which drove up the market cap on the stock, which overall it has a nominal effect for us as a club, and maybe some shareholders may have made an extra 5% if they cashed out, though I doubt many did.
The stock price is already back at the level it was prior to us signing him.
I see. Why doesn't something like this have more of a lasting effect? I know it's one player but the entire footballing world has been focussed on the club since our signing of him, surely the massive extra exposure etc should have a positive effect for the club and the club should see some $$$$ back overall? How much I've no idea, but if it's considerable then it's fair for posters to reference it as helping to pay the fee/wages for the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.