Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
Long covid is the worst possible thing that could happen to his body and that goes for any other athlete. There's no excuses for not being vaccinated. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58410354
Absolutely. «Long covid» was the thing that scared the bejesus outta me before I got double jabbed. Would have been a personal disaster if my lungs got fecked and I couldn’t, for instance, hike again.

ChaddyP

Had to grab my 20 month old a United jersey with Ronaldo on the back. Just had to. I was always sad I didn't have a Ronaldo or Vidic jersey from that 2009 era but this will make up for some of that
Didn't have the money to buy jerseys back then. I really wish I had the black away kit. It was to die for.

LInkash

Just ordered a shirt, couldn't resist. Haven't had one since the treble season.

Deery

Dreary
Absolutely. «Long covid» was the thing that scared the bejesus outta me before I got double jabbed. Would have been a personal disaster if my lungs got fecked and I couldn’t, for instance, hike again.
You still can get long covid even if you’re double jabbed.

Kearnkoff69

Didn't have the money to buy jerseys back then. I really wish I had the black away kit. It was to die for.
I've been on the hunt for that black away kit for years now (to no avail). I check classicfootballshirts every few months to see if they have one.

Rothbard

I know, but being double jabbed significantly reduces that risk.
As does a covid infection (without long covid of course). Even more.

He will also be less contagions than double jabbed who has not had covid infection. So it really makes no sense to quarantine, nor be infuriated. The jab has no use for him.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
What font is it on the promo pictures of CR7? Doesnt look like the typical PL name and number fonts

RetroStu

Guys this is Ronaldo we are talking about here, i'm sure he will be training hard for the 5 days, he is a fitness freak.

I'm also glad the match isnt on tv, as we wont have to listen to Souness and the rest of the muppets tell us how shit he is because he didnt score 9 goals against Newcastle.

g11

I have 3 Man Utd jerseys: 2 of them are no. 11 with my most favorite player of all time, Ryan Giggs - the other one is no. 20, Van Persie because of our no. 20 league titles.
i will have to buy no. 24 jersey with Cavani name on it after this amazing gesture from Cavani to Ronaldo.

Deery

Dreary
What font is it on the promo pictures of CR7? Doesnt look like the typical PL name and number fonts
Pretty sure it’s premier league..

Edit: no it’s not premier league.

Last edited:

acnumber9

It's only football. Why the actual feck should a football player be treated differently. Seriously guys, this is a good thing. It would make me extremely angry, if this wasn't the case.
While they shouldn’t get special treatment, what’s the point in having an ‘elite’ sports exemption if Ronaldo doesn’t qualify? Is it just for the England national sides?

lsd

The Oracle
There was a story in March that Juventus wanted their players especially Ronaldo to get the vacinne early but were refused so i suspect he has had one dose at most and is not due his second one yet

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It's only football. Why the actual feck should a football player be treated differently. Seriously guys, this is a good thing. It would make me extremely angry, if this wasn't the case.
If a scheme such as an elite sport exemption exists, just who else is more eligible than Ronaldo.

The actions of the government are a joke and there to make more money for their Tory donors. This is especially true if you're double-jabbed although I haven't read this thread to see if Ronaldo is.

Gonçalo Motta

man what a bunch of shitholes
Make sense though. I think their problem is that will probably open a precedent and they want to avoid abuse from other players that ask the same exception.

It's the only explanation since Ronaldo is the literal definition of elite

hobbers

Smart of him to strip off for the yellow in order to guarantee he could play against Newcastle.

Imagine paying £115 for a football shirt :lol:

Last time I bought an official one it was £40

Last edited:

ChaddyP

do the rest of the team have to quarantine after after their internationals? Does Declan Rice have to quar after drinking what is probably covid infested booze thrown from a crowd of angry racist Hungarians? if they all have to then spend 5 days in isolation as well than I hold my hands up and say well fine but that doesnt seem to be the case.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
do the rest of the team have to quarantine after after their internationals? Does Declan Rice have to quar after drinking what is probably covid infested booze thrown from a crowd of angry racist Hungarians? if they all have to then spend 5 days in isolation as well than I hold my hands up and say well fine but that doesnt seem to be the case.
How do we know why they didn’t give him a visa? If he hasn’t taken the vaccine then it’s the right move. No matter who you are you need to isolate when coming from another country as precaution.

ChaddyP

How do we know why they didn’t give him a visa? If he hasn’t taken the vaccine then it’s the right move. No matter who you are you need to isolate when coming from another country as precaution.
all I'm saying is none of the international players that went to non red zone countries don't have to quarantine on return, regardless of vaccine status. We dont know why he wasnt exempted obviously the club thought he could have got exempted and were denied. I feel im am well within reason to be upset about that especially since everyone else that left England to come back doesnt have to quarantine. Whats the difference between Bruno and Ronaldo .

RDCR07

all I'm saying is none of the international players that went to non red zone countries don't have to quarantine on return, regardless of vaccine status. We dont know why he wasnt exempted obviously the club thought he could have got exempted and were denied. I feel im am well within reason to be upset about that especially since everyone else that left England to come back doesnt have to quarantine. Whats the difference between Bruno and Ronaldo .
Again how do you know what the vaccination status of the players are? Varane was also asked to quarantine for 5 days presumably cause he didn’t get both jabs.

RDCR07

I'm delighted he's back but I wish we had brought someone in to that midfield. Ronaldo has always thrived on those cross-field passes and when we had Scholes and Carrick they were laser-guided. I used to love watching how he brought the ball down and even applauded the pass before he controlled it.

From that to McFred...
Two things - he was playing on the wings then and we still have Bruno and Pogba to play those passes.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I'm delighted he's back but I wish we had brought someone in to that midfield. Ronaldo has always thrived on those cross-field passes and when we had Scholes and Carrick they were laser-guided. I used to love watching how he brought the ball down and even applauded the pass before he controlled it.

From that to McFred...
It’s a pity we don’t have a midfielder who can play those passes because Rashford has shown he loves latching onto those balls over the top as well . It’s shame we don’t have Pog….

never mind

Status
Not open for further replies.