Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Hahaha what an absolute numpty! Where are all his fans now that are usually in here praising every thing he does?
He showed character instead of staring at his shoelaces and saying "que? Que?".

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Actually he really lost it with that stud stuff, he could have done some serious dammage to the fella on the ground.

Anyway it's just silly game stuff, it gets overblown because it's with CR...and before anyone jumps, I know he should be more mature, but these competitive fellas has their huge egos and when some rivals, the press or some fans try to trigger them, sometimes they fall. Others are them the ones that start it or go over the top.
It always happened (with Pele, Diego, Romario, etc etc etc), it happens and will always happen as long as the game exists (in this form at least :))

PD: You can bet that Messi it's quite tired of the whole anti Messi narrative of the Madrid press, some Argie and mostly the Mexican press too and how some players, coaches in occasions use that stuff to trigger him. In his last more or less 6 years of his carreer he has shown several times that he can be more feisty, over the top, etc.. sometimes in a good way, other not so much.

Last edited:

Kinky Melinky

It's like every morsal of energy within Ronaldo went to developing his ability to play football, leaving the guy about as emotionally under developed as a 6 year old child. There appears to be absolutely no development whatsoever there.

mu4c_20le

Apparently the other guy is a huge WUM according to The Athletic, not that it excuses CR for doing a Rosie the Riveter on him.

mvpkennedy

Maybe some interesting information about the relationship between Ronaldo & Rangnick:

Marcel Reif, a legendary german (former) commentator, just gave out some interesting bits about Rangnicks time here at United. He´s not some kind of attention seeking bullshit journalist, he is a credible trustworthy person.

The interviewer confronts Reif with the quotes from Ronaldo about Rangnick (him not being a coach etc).

Interviewer: "...Ronaldo saying he is not a real coach is...kind of arrogant, right?"
Reif: "I know too much about that situation, cause i was told privately [by Rangnick] about it, so i won´t say anything about it. What happenend there, especially coming from Ronaldo towards Rangnick [in the dressing room], that´s the reason they are where they are now. Chaos...and always underachieving. [...]"
Interviewer: "But that may have helped him for his apparent Bayern job. The experience to handle someone like Cristiano Ronaldo"
Reif: "I think...with Bayern a lot can happen [chaos in dressing room], but what Ronaldo did [with Rangnick]...let me say it like that: He apparently told Rangnick: I will tell you how we two will handle this. I will tell you how often i will play. My suggestion: I will play 4 out of 5 games! Okay? You understand? You can decide which game i won´t play, but i won´t sit on the bench [for that game], i will be at home, training and watch it on tv. [End of apparent Ronaldo quote] So thats what he said. And thats no secret in the dressing room. [...]"

Just wanted to share that information with you guys. Again, he is a credible source and he had private contact with Rangnick and is not known for spitting out false information.

https://www.youtube.com/live/AT3ADKP7-Ho?si=Gh566FJ10paePNOG

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Maybe some interesting information about the relationship between Ronaldo & Rangnick:

Marcel Reif, a legendary german (former) commentator, just gave out some interesting bits about Rangnicks time here at United. He´s not some kind of attention seeking bullshit journalist, he is a credible trustworthy person.

The interviewer confronts Reif with the quotes from Ronaldo about Rangnick (him not being a coach etc).

Interviewer: "...Ronaldo saying he is not a real coach is...kind of arrogant, right?"
Reif: "I know too much about that situation, cause i was told privately [by Rangnick] about it, so i won´t say anything about it. What happenend there, especially coming from Ronaldo towards Rangnick [in the dressing room], that´s the reason they are where they are now. Chaos...and always underachieving. [...]"
Interviewer: "But that may have helped him for his apparent Bayern job. The experience to handle someone like Cristiano Ronaldo"
Reif: "I think...with Bayern a lot can happen [chaos in dressing room], but what Ronaldo did [with Rangnick]...let me say it like that: He apparently told Rangnick: I will tell you how we two will handle this. I will tell you how often i will play. My suggestion: I will play 4 out of 5 games! Okay? You understand? You can decide which game i won´t play, but i won´t sit on the bench [for that game], i will be at home, training and watch it on tv. [End of apparent Ronaldo quote] So thats what he said. And thats no secret in the dressing room. [...]"

Just wanted to share that information with you guys. Again, he is a credible source and he had private contact with Rangnick and is not known for spitting out false information.

https://www.youtube.com/live/AT3ADKP7-Ho?si=Gh566FJ10paePNOG
He's such a inspirational mentor for younger players.

bakalhau

He had deals like this in Juve and Madrid.

People will find a way to spin this around negatively, my take is, and I had said it here before during his 2nd stint at United, all while everyone pretty much said he wanted to play every single game: from 32-33 years of age, Ronaldo had absolutely no problem being left out of the squad from time to time. Even he realised, in Real Madrid, it was better for his performance.

Zidane convinced him to have a go at rotating every 5 to 6 games, and when his performances even improved, he started being the one coming forward to coaches and asking for rotation.

It's up to anyone to interpret the quotes above as they wish. I think it's a good thing from him realizing it, being adaptable enough to understand a step back sometimes is good for overall performances and actually coming to the coaches proactively asking for it, that really goes against the "but he wants to hoard all the minutes up!!!!" idea that was thrown around in here while he back with us.

Then again, most people will just take the quote and not realize that talk he had with Ralf was basically the talk he had with his last 5 coaches, too.

Last edited: