Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Hahaha what an absolute numpty! Where are all his fans now that are usually in here praising every thing he does?
He showed character instead of staring at his shoelaces and saying "que? Que?".

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Actually he really lost it with that stud stuff, he could have done some serious dammage to the fella on the ground.

Anyway it's just silly game stuff, it gets overblown because it's with CR...and before anyone jumps, I know he should be more mature, but these competitive fellas has their huge egos and when some rivals, the press or some fans try to trigger them, sometimes they fall. Others are them the ones that start it or go over the top.
It always happened (with Pele, Diego, Romario, etc etc etc), it happens and will always happen as long as the game exists (in this form at least :))

PD: You can bet that Messi it's quite tired of the whole anti Messi narrative of the Madrid press, some Argie and mostly the Mexican press too and how some players, coaches in occasions use that stuff to trigger him. In his last more or less 6 years of his carreer he has shown several times that he can be more feisty, over the top, etc.. sometimes in a good way, other not so much.

Last edited:

Kinky Melinky

It's like every morsal of energy within Ronaldo went to developing his ability to play football, leaving the guy about as emotionally under developed as a 6 year old child. There appears to be absolutely no development whatsoever there.

mu4c_20le

Apparently the other guy is a huge WUM according to The Athletic, not that it excuses CR for doing a Rosie the Riveter on him.

mvpkennedy

Maybe some interesting information about the relationship between Ronaldo & Rangnick:

Marcel Reif, a legendary german (former) commentator, just gave out some interesting bits about Rangnicks time here at United. He´s not some kind of attention seeking bullshit journalist, he is a credible trustworthy person.

The interviewer confronts Reif with the quotes from Ronaldo about Rangnick (him not being a coach etc).

Interviewer: "...Ronaldo saying he is not a real coach is...kind of arrogant, right?"
Reif: "I know too much about that situation, cause i was told privately [by Rangnick] about it, so i won´t say anything about it. What happenend there, especially coming from Ronaldo towards Rangnick [in the dressing room], that´s the reason they are where they are now. Chaos...and always underachieving. [...]"
Interviewer: "But that may have helped him for his apparent Bayern job. The experience to handle someone like Cristiano Ronaldo"
Reif: "I think...with Bayern a lot can happen [chaos in dressing room], but what Ronaldo did [with Rangnick]...let me say it like that: He apparently told Rangnick: I will tell you how we two will handle this. I will tell you how often i will play. My suggestion: I will play 4 out of 5 games! Okay? You understand? You can decide which game i won´t play, but i won´t sit on the bench [for that game], i will be at home, training and watch it on tv. [End of apparent Ronaldo quote] So thats what he said. And thats no secret in the dressing room. [...]"

Just wanted to share that information with you guys. Again, he is a credible source and he had private contact with Rangnick and is not known for spitting out false information.

https://www.youtube.com/live/AT3ADKP7-Ho?si=Gh566FJ10paePNOG

Gehrman

Maybe some interesting information about the relationship between Ronaldo & Rangnick:

Marcel Reif, a legendary german (former) commentator, just gave out some interesting bits about Rangnicks time here at United. He´s not some kind of attention seeking bullshit journalist, he is a credible trustworthy person.

The interviewer confronts Reif with the quotes from Ronaldo about Rangnick (him not being a coach etc).

Interviewer: "...Ronaldo saying he is not a real coach is...kind of arrogant, right?"
Reif: "I know too much about that situation, cause i was told privately [by Rangnick] about it, so i won´t say anything about it. What happenend there, especially coming from Ronaldo towards Rangnick [in the dressing room], that´s the reason they are where they are now. Chaos...and always underachieving. [...]"
Interviewer: "But that may have helped him for his apparent Bayern job. The experience to handle someone like Cristiano Ronaldo"
Reif: "I think...with Bayern a lot can happen [chaos in dressing room], but what Ronaldo did [with Rangnick]...let me say it like that: He apparently told Rangnick: I will tell you how we two will handle this. I will tell you how often i will play. My suggestion: I will play 4 out of 5 games! Okay? You understand? You can decide which game i won´t play, but i won´t sit on the bench [for that game], i will be at home, training and watch it on tv. [End of apparent Ronaldo quote] So thats what he said. And thats no secret in the dressing room. [...]"

Just wanted to share that information with you guys. Again, he is a credible source and he had private contact with Rangnick and is not known for spitting out false information.

https://www.youtube.com/live/AT3ADKP7-Ho?si=Gh566FJ10paePNOG
He's such a inspirational mentor for younger players.

bakalhau

He had deals like this in Juve and Madrid.

People will find a way to spin this around negatively, my take is, and I had said it here before during his 2nd stint at United, all while everyone pretty much said he wanted to play every single game: from 32-33 years of age, Ronaldo had absolutely no problem being left out of the squad from time to time. Even he realised, in Real Madrid, it was better for his performance.

Zidane convinced him to have a go at rotating every 5 to 6 games, and when his performances even improved, he started being the one coming forward to coaches and asking for rotation.

It's up to anyone to interpret the quotes above as they wish. I think it's a good thing from him realizing it, being adaptable enough to understand a step back sometimes is good for overall performances and actually coming to the coaches proactively asking for it, that really goes against the "but he wants to hoard all the minutes up!!!!" idea that was thrown around in here while he back with us.

Then again, most people will just take the quote and not realize that talk he had with Ralf was basically the talk he had with his last 5 coaches, too.

Last edited:

stevoc

The way he left the club twice has tarnished his legacy for me. The first time I sort of understood as he just wanted to leave, the way he handled it the second time I don't.

frostbite

The way he left the club twice has tarnished his legacy for me. The first time I sort of understood as he just wanted to leave, the way he handled it the second time I don't.
It is very simple. He did not like ETH, he did not like what ETH was asking from him, and he was 100% sure that ETH will fail. So, he had two choices: 1) waste his time quarreling with a useless manager, 2) get 200 million from SA. What would you pick if you were in his position? I'd certainly pick SA, too. The logical choice for a 37 years old player.

frostbite

Oh, yes, and if Ronaldo had stayed with Man Utd, he'd probably be injured now. Everyone else is.

I bet that right now, Casemiro and Varane wish they had left with Ronaldo last year...

Last edited:

Rockets Redglare

Oh, yes, and if Ronaldo had stayed with Man Utd, he'd probably be injured now. Everyone else is.

I bet that right now, Casemiro and Varane wish they had left with Ronaldo last year...
Oh yes it must be great playing in front of 1000 people every week.

Gehrman

It is very simple. He did not like ETH, he did not like what ETH was asking from him, and he was 100% sure that ETH will fail. So, he had two choices: 1) waste his time quarreling with a useless manager, 2) get 200 million from SA. What would you pick if you were in his position? I'd certainly pick SA, too. The logical choice for a 37 years old player.
He could have done it without an interview with Piers. As far as i know Ronaldo and Ten Haag had an agreement to let him go in Jan.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
That is not the truth. He went crying like a bitch to his pal Morgan moaning about it in a public interview which was aired all accross the world (so much for being model pro). He didn't want to play for United anymore, but he didn't want to go to SA either as he thought someone in Europe would pick him up. He also didn't mind to go to Chelsea of all clubs, but Chelsea (same as every other serious club) didn't want him as he was declining and on top of that is a massive tit. So, he ended up in SA with all those millions which might look great, but it was his last option.

At least we don't have to deal with his drama queen behavior on top of all other problems. So, thank feck at least for that.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Ronaldo’s a narcissistic prick. If we had stuck with him in EtH’s first season we wouldn’t have got 3rd or won a cup.

stevoc

I'd probably try to find an option that didn't involve doing a TV interview with that Twat Morgan. And shitting on the club that I'd spent 7-8 years of my career at and had a good relationship with.

But that's just me.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He could have done it without an interview with Piers. As far as i know Ronaldo and Ten Haag had an agreement to let him go in Jan.
That is not the truth. He went crying like a bitch to his pal Morgan moaning about it in a public interview which was aired all accross the world (so much for being model pro). He didn't want to play for United anymore, but he didn't want to go to SA either as he thought someone in Europe would pick him up. He also didn't mind to go to Chelsea of all clubs, but Chelsea (same as every other serious club) didn't want him as he was declining and on top of that is a massive tit. So, he ended up in SA with all those millions which might look great, but it was his last option.

At least we don't have to deal with his drama queen behavior on top of all other problems. So, thank feck at least for that.
Ronaldo’s a narcissistic prick. If we had stuck with him in EtH’s first season we wouldn’t have got 3rd or won a cup.
Bingo

Kwabs

Supports
Barcelona
In time, people will forget about that, just like they forgot about all the headaches with George Best (well, they didn't 'forget' so much as push it to the side and focus on the good stuff).

The greater problem with Ronaldo re being a Man United club legend (and I don't want to speak for their fans, this is just my opinion) is that he gave his best years and the bulk of his career to another club. For me, a true legend has to give their best years and the majority of their career to your club. Otherwise you are elevating someone who viewed you as secondary to someone else.

Alpha 1

Ronaldo had no plans for South Africa. He thought top European clubs will be fighting for his signature but non came so he decided to go for the riyals.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
In time, people will forget about that, just like they forgot about all the headaches with George Best (well, they didn't 'forget' so much as push it to the side and focus on the good stuff).

The greater problem with Ronaldo re being a Man United club legend (and I don't want to speak for their fans, this is just my opinion) is that he gave his best years and the bulk of his career to another club. For me, a true legend has to give their best years and the majority of their career to your club. Otherwise you are elevating someone who viewed you as secondary to someone else.
That is my view too. Something about his peak years and biggest successes coming at Real Madrid where he played the most and scored the most goals make it difficult for me to see him as a legend here. His 'home' club is Real Madrid, we were just the stepping stone to it

stevoc

They may well do, I probably won't but that's just me.

I've no problem with him being a club legend, his first 6 years cemented that. But personally and others might feel the same that there be much fondness there for me when I speak about Ronaldo. I think he just went about leaving in a very unprofessional way. Doubly unprofessional for a player of his experience and history with the club.

I don't see how he couldn't have waited until January and moved on then. I think I've read even his agent was diappointed in the way he behaved, which says it all.

90 + 5min

There is no need to talk bad about managers or making up stories when we know why he left us.

Kwabs

Supports
Barcelona
That is my view too. Something about his peak years and biggest successes coming at Real Madrid where he played the most and scored the most goals make it difficult for me to see him as a legend here. His 'home' club is Real Madrid, we were just the stepping stone to it
Good to hear the perspective of a fan of the club, though I'm sure others will differ.

Joel Miller

Are there any other players who’ve become more bratty and even less mature as they’ve gotten older as he has? I genuinely believe the last few years has done a bit of damage to his legacy, he’s gradually bowing out and forfeiting his dignity at the same time. And it all seemed to get even worse after Qatar 2022 where the end result there obviously did some psychological damage.

The lack of respect he showed United was disgusting though. The interview with Morgan being a real low point, but even then, kicking and screaming on the pitch, leaving the stadium early etc? Yeah what a model pro and fine example for younger players. A complete man child who has become more and more toxic as he’s aged.

tomaldinho1

I think more likely he realised after that Piers interview and having no takers he deemed worthy when the transfer window came around, that his time in Europe was done.

frostbite

I think more likely he realised after that Piers interview and having no takers he deemed worthy when the transfer window came around, that his time in Europe was done.
His representatives had the offer from SA already. He knew he would get 200 million, that was the worst-case scenario for him. Normally, Man Utd would want money from SA for the transfer. But after the interview he was just released, and he was free to negotiate as he pleased. So, he got two things from the interview: 1) he expressed his displeasure about ETH who had disrespected him, 2) he got free and able to negotiate a new contract on his terms. The interview was win-win for him. Ronaldo is narcissistic and self-serving, but he is very smart, too. At 37, he knew that 200 million is a fantastic offer.

He is now 39, he must definitely be happy about his past decisions. He is a king over there, and he is paid like a king. For someone with his experience, it was obvious that ETH would achieve nothing, a waste of time for peanuts. Antony for 100 million? Just this would probably be enough for Ronaldo to realize that ETH doesn't know what he is doing.

Gehrman

His representatives had the offer from SA already. He knew he would get 200 million, that was the worst-case scenario for him. Normally, Man Utd would want money from SA for the transfer. But after the interview he was just released, and he was free to negotiate as he pleased. So, he got two things from the interview: 1) he expressed his displeasure about ETH who had disrespected him, 2) he got free and able to negotiate a new contract on his terms. The interview was win-win for him. Ronaldo is narcissistic and self-serving, but he is very smart, too. At 37, he knew that 200 million is a fantastic offer.

He is now 39, he must definitely be happy about his past decisions. He is a king over there, and he is paid like a king. For someone with his experience, it was obvious that ETH would achieve nothing, a waste of time for peanuts. Antony for 100 million? Just this would probably be enough for Ronaldo to realize that ETH doesn't know what he is doing.
How did Ten Haag disrespect him?

tomaldinho1

Not sure how any of that changes he had no options in Europe?

frostbite

Ronaldo was probably too fed up with ETH and his orders, and he wanted to shit on him in public. (You disrespected me, I will disrespect you.) I am not saying that Ronaldo was right, actually we have no idea what has happened between the two. I am just guessing that at this point Ronaldo wanted revenge for the (real or imagined) disrespect. One a half years later, nobody cares about the interview, except for a few Man Utd fans. I asked google "who has the most Instagram followers" and the answer was Ronaldo. I don't even have an Instagram account, but it seems to me that his world-wide popularity hasn't suffered at all.

Gehrman

Ronaldo was probably too fed up with ETH and his orders, and he wanted to shit on him in public. (You disrespected me, I will disrespect you.) I am not saying that Ronaldo was right, actually we have no idea what has happened between the two. I am just guessing that at this point Ronaldo wanted revenge for the (real or imagined) disrespect. One a half years later, nobody cares about the interview, except for a few Man Utd fans. I asked google "who has the most Instagram followers" and the answer was Ronaldo. I don't even have an Instagram account, but it seems to me that his world-wide popularity hasn't suffered at all.
And what orders from Ten Haag might that have been?

frostbite

Not sure how any of that changes he had no options in Europe?
He didn't have any options in Europe. But in my opinion, if I was Ronaldo at 37, I'd pick the 200 million even if I had good offers in Europe. It is just too much money, and at 37 you know that you won't be playing for a long time. Also, you know that your body will suffer more in Europe.

Obviously, he is the only person who could get such a high offer, it is not the same situation for other players.

Alpha 1

You're just guessing stuff here. As much as I detest 10Hag, there is nothing he really did to Cristiano that would warrant him trying to quit. Cristiano is an egomaniac who couldn't accept being benched; instead of working hard to get back into the first team, he decided to throw a hissy fit and walk out.

frostbite

And what orders from Ten Haag might that have been?
You are asking questions like I was there, listening to them. I wasn't, so I don't know. But we can see how the strikers are asked to play under ETH: Wout and Hojlund. I remember that ETH was very happy with the (useless) Wout just because he was running around.

I have recently been watching the Juventus "All or nothing" documentary. Ronaldo has very strong opinions about what is best for his body. He probably wants to stay fit for as long as possible - with minimal injuries. I am sure he would refuse to do what someone like ETH (a virtual nobody) would ask him to do, if he considered this to be harmful for himself. And the truth is that right now Ronaldo probably knows what is best for his body better than any manager.

Obviously, Ronaldo is a diva, a superstar, and he needs special handling. This is obvious, so I don't understand why people get upset by this. It is also obvious that ETH is not very capable of managing people, he is inflexible. Not a good match.

Last edited:

brunoag4

That's not how things evolved.

Ronaldo and his agent spent the whole summer looking for a club as United couldn't qualify for the UCL. He was so sure of the exit that he didn't even join the preseason with BS excuses.

Ronaldo 'still has an affinity for the club' but at this stage of his career wants to be playing in the Champions League and does not see that happening at United.
www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10979797/Cristiano-Ronaldo-NOT-expected-return-pre-season-training-today-family-reasons.html

He just thought he was above the club, and when reality hit that he had no takers in Europe and had to go back to United, there was already huge amount of frustration. That Ten Hag didn't give him much chance made his frustration even bigger. His level delusion was so great that he still thought he could move to a top club in the middle of the season, that's why he told Piers he would never consider going to Saudi, Qatar etc. for money and he would like to finish at the top with dignity (dignity meaning not going to irrelevant places for money).

"Cristiano Ronaldo contradicted himself on Piers Morgan interview: 'It's not about money'"
"Just a couple of months ago, Ronaldo assured Piers Morgan during that infamous interview that he didn't care about money. He said he wanted to continue his career playing at the highest level and still play for the national team."

www.marca.com/en/football/transfer-market/2022/12/31/63af6f10e2704eee278b4571.html

This move never happened despite his ultimatum to his manager, Mendes, that's why they parted ways.

"Ronaldo gave his former agent one final ultimatum before official cutting ties with him: “Bayern Munich, Chelsea or we part ways.”
https://en.as.com/soccer/what-ultim...e-jorge-mendes-before-signing-for-al-nassr-n/

Instagram followers don't mean much when a great proportion of them are from non-football nations in South Asia or the Middle East. The big hit is he managed to make even United fans dislike him.

Last edited: