Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Much of the football world is laughing at him, though. And for good reason, if we can't laugh at a narcissistic prick getting his comeuppance, then what's the point of the internet? I think most of us aren't even Messi fanboys, just sensible folk who always knew Messi was better but had to endure 10 years of nonsense from Ronaldo fanboys, who in addition to being delusional also seem to be snowflakes.
:lol:

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

It's true unfortunately, listening to the Talk of the Devil's pod this morning and the fact he shunned Mendes because he was telling him to stay at United, and apparently Ronaldo took it upon himself to call chief execs at European clubs himself to convince them to sign him, is hilarious and damning.

He apparently truly believed he was still a force and worthy of more than a senior squad player role at a top club, now he's in Saudi, playing in a league with no viewers, where his entire legacy is tarnished for what, a few more zeros in an already massive account?

What a loser.

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Al Nassr is not playing in AFC Champions League which made CR move more ironic and laughable at the same time
They are at at least playing in one of the best leagues in the world though.
....Wait, no they don't. It's actually ranked outside the top 33 leagues in the world, below English League 1, United Soccer league (US 2nd division), Australian, Norwegian and Swedish top flights etc. . It is the 4th best Asian League though.
He can really enjoy competitive league football at least, if they make room for him in the squad that is.

He's really aimed high this time for a player too good for Europa League.

Yes he'd probably have accepted some wage reduction, but how much of a reduction?

Nobody is scoring 10 CL goals in 2 (or 4 if lucky) CL KO games ( playing for Brugge).. And certainly not a 38 years old player.... But to suggest that he wouldn't improve the squad of some teams left in the CL is ridiculous.... He scored 30 goals in all competitions last year, including 6 in the CL and 18 in the PL... He is probably declining rapidly. But, I don't buy the idea that he has declined enough for all the CL teams to consider that he can in no way improve their overall squad. Let's remember current CL teams include some with very limited forward options.

And then comes the marketing and commercial benefit that you got coming with him (surely clubs take it into account). Having CR7 for 6 months would boost any club's social media and overall visibility massively... I have no doubts De Laurentiis at Napoli, as well as the American owners of Chelsea and Milan, would be very interested in that part!!
There is nothing indicating that any of the remaining CL squads would have been improved with him. It's not a ridiculous suggestion at all. He takes up too much space and demands too much focus both on and off the pitch.
All these clubs must have noticed how we regressed heavily with him despite his 24 goals and to some degree Juve as well. He's considered a huge risk from a sporting perspective for any CL club. He would come with no guarantees and with a lot of noise and risk....

Glorio

Anyone seen the video of him eyeing up the presenter while standing there with his gf and kids?

Not surprising for a narcissist but still a shame so many kids look up to him.
He's not really eyeing her up though is he? Come on guys, where do you want him to look when speaking to her? Skyward? :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Anyone seen the video of him eyeing up the presenter while standing there with his gf and kids?

Not surprising for a narcissist but still a shame so many kids look up to him.
Ronaldo fanboys: "That's not true, it was a high quality mic she was holding, anyone with a decent taste in microphone would have done the same. He is my role model. My HERO."

stoinz

Much of the football world is laughing at him, though. And for good reason, if we can't laugh at a narcissistic prick getting his comeuppance, then what's the point of the internet? I think most of us aren't even Messi fanboys, just sensible folk who always knew Messi was better but had to endure 10 years of nonsense from Ronaldo fanboys, who in addition to being delusional also seem to be snowflakes.
there might be other uses for the internet.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Sounds suspiciously like something a Messi fanboy who doesn't want to appear like a Messi fanboy would say...

SirMonteyne

Sounds suspiciously like something a Messi fanboy who doesn't want to appear like a Messi fanboy would say...
Sounds suspiciously like something a Ronaldo fanboy who doesn't want to appear like a Ronaldo fanboy would say...

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

It's true unfortunately, listening to the Talk of the Devil's pod this morning and the fact he shunned Mendes because he was telling him to stay at United, and apparently Ronaldo took it upon himself to call chief execs at European clubs himself to convince them to sign him, is hilarious and damning.

He apparently truly believed he was still a force and worthy of more than a senior squad player role at a top club, now he's in Saudi, playing in a league with no viewers, where his entire legacy is tarnished for what, a few more zeros in an already massive account?

What a loser.
He's behaved shamelessy in his final stint on the big stage, but he's past it and milking it for money. Messi might retire from european football on a high but he will be milking money as well.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral

What's that tweet about? Messi also accepted Saudi money to promote tourism there.

djembatheking

Has there been anything from Keane, Rio or Souness after bigging him up saying loads of Champions league clubs were after him and laughing at Neville and Carragher for saying he was done and getting blanked on the touchline?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Wonder if he will play today or if he is actually banned, I have no idea.

Ronaldo vs Messi in February, Al Nassr has a friendly match vs PSG

OverratedOpinion

He's behaved shamelessy in his final stint on the big stage, but he's past it and milking it for money. Messi might retire from european football on a high but he will be milking money as well.
Messi is able to because PSG actually want him.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Even Ronaldo thinks of Qatar as a non-football nation.
Hey, that interview was a few years ago, lots can change in that time like him being washed out and taking big pay days

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Even Ronaldo thinks of Qatar as a non-football nation.
He didn't have a choice. He overestimated his value to teams in Europe and none wanted him. He really overplayed his hand this time and now he's in South Africa because of it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He didn't have a choice. He overestimated his value to teams in Europe and none wanted him. He really overplayed his hand this time and now he's in South Africa because of it.
I also think there was a financial component to why he didn't get a Euro club. No one wants to break their wage structure for a 38 year old player, even if he is one of the all time greats. The fact that he became a bit of a drama queen through the early parts of this year and into the Morgan interview sealed his fate of not being able to play in Europe. I suspect the Saudi option had been brewing for sometime. He literally sold himself to the highest bidder.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Ronaldo not featuring in today's game. Apparently the game suspensions carry over worldwide, so technically he is still banned for two games for the Everton fan phone incident.

TsuWave

now he's in Saudi, playing in a league with no viewers, where his entire legacy is tarnished
Do people just lose the capacity of not being super emotional and/or hyperbolic when speaking about Ronaldo? Is this because the way he left United is fresh on the mind or something?

Jericho

Ronaldo not featuring in today's game. Apparently the game suspensions carry over worldwide, so technically he is still banned for two games for the Everton fan phone incident.
Well there you go, we're now looking at the lineup for an upcoming Al Nassr match. As much as I don't like him he's definitely putting the spotlight on the Saudi league. For now at least. I don't think it'll make much difference long-term to it's popularity, eventually it'll just drain the interest/relevance out of Ronaldo.

Glorio

He wasn't speaking to her. Look the gif that was posted.
Still nothing in it. Is he not allowed to look her direction?

I feel to need to make it known that I'm not a Ronaldo supporter.
I've wanted rid of Ronaldo since last season, he was a massive problem for us and it just got worse. Firstly, he was a poor and demanding football player that impacted our ability to win football matches, he disgraced himself by his antics from last summer really, to the disrespect of present and previous managers, his teammates and the club, then the atrocious interview which caused most sensible fans to lose all respect for him as a person.

All that's happening to him does seem rather karmic and I feel he deserves all he's getting based on how he's behaved (bar the family stuff obviously).

However, there is nothing untoward in how Ronaldo looked, spoke, and behaved towards that female presenter. There's nothing there at all. There's enough to throw stones at when it concerns Ronaldo in any case, but this isn't one.

Ladron de redcafe

Has there been anything from Keane, Rio or Souness after bigging him up saying loads of Champions league clubs were after him and laughing at Neville and Carragher for saying he was done and getting blanked on the touchline?
Ofcourse not. Crickets there :lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Well there you go, we're now looking at the lineup for an upcoming Al Nassr match. As much as I don't like him he's definitely putting the spotlight on the Saudi league. For now at least. I don't think it'll make much difference long-term to it's popularity, eventually it'll just drain the interest/relevance out of Ronaldo.
This is the Ronaldo/Al Nassr thread? If that's the case, why are you here? The lineup wasn't too difficult to find. And most people are going to be curious as to how it all pans out over there. Don't get the purpose of your post?

RuudTom83

I don't think anyone would have an issue with him taking one last payday...it's more to do with his behaviour and the way he went about it that has disappointed a lot of people.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I don't think anyone would have an issue with him taking one last payday...it's more to do with his behaviour and the way he went about it that has disappointed a lot of people.
Exactly. Under more normal circumstances pretty sure most of the world would have celebrated it given he's 38. Shame what he did to himself

Jericho

This is the Ronaldo/Al Nassr thread? If that's the case, why are you here? The lineup wasn't too difficult to find. And most people are going to be curious as to how it all pans out over there. Don't get the purpose of your post?
Don't get you knickers in a twist, we're probably in agreement.

I was merely pointing out the fact that despite how unknown Al Nassr is and how much Ronaldo has dropped off in performance levels, he still has the pulling power (atleast for now) to draw peoples attention (my own included) to that club and league. Effectively I was giving him a small compliment amidst the mockery is duly getting.