Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

tomaldinho1

The trick him and Messi have played so well, is apparently convincing large swathes of fans they haven't been done at the highest level for yonks + remaining relevant.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
A bad career end in terms of prestige and personal behaviour, but economically he's having the largest earning figures of all his career. If you make a comparison, what would be considered more successful? Being an engineer in Tesla and helping to create new technologies or going to an arab company earning several times your wage by just being a product manager?
I would probably choose creating new technologies during peak of my career, then earning several times of my wage near end of my career.

bakalhau

He hasn't even begun to peak.
He's going to peak at the Jamaican 4th level at age 55, where he'll score 1000 goals in a season and provide 42 assists to Usain Bolt. Usain Bolt then gets his dream transfer to United next season.

JogaBonitoRooney

Al Nassr aren't even top of the league. Mitrović without injured Neymar outperforming Ronaldo.

Would be embarrassing for CR7 to not win the league again.

bakalhau

Al Nassr aren't even top of the league. Mitrović without injured Neymar outperforming Ronaldo.

Would be embarrassing for CR7 to not win the league again.
I think you meant Al Hilal is outperforming Al Nassr, because I don't really see how Mitrovic is outperforming Ronaldo.

If anything, it's Ronaldo outperforming Mitrovic, since he's in a worse team with a worse coach than Al Hilal, and has more goals than Mitro.

Last edited:

brunoag4

I think you meant Al Hilal is outperforming Al Nassr, because I don't really see how Mitrovic is outperforming Ronaldo.

If anything, it's Ronaldo outperforming Mitrovic, since he's in a worse team with a worse coach than Al Hilal, and has more goals than Mitro.
That's not true.

Al Nassr was league leaders with Talisca before Ronaldo arrived last year, better than Al-Hilal easily, and they added Mane, Laporte, Brozovic, Telles, Otavio on the top of that. Al Hilal's big signing was Neymar and he's injured. They added Neves, Milinkovic-Savic, Bono and Mitrovic.

bakalhau

That's not true.

Al Nassr was league leaders with Talisca before Ronaldo arrived last year, better than Al-Hilal easily, and they added Mane, Laporte, Brozovic, Telles, Otavio on the top of that. Al Hilal's big signing was Neymar and he's injured. They added Neves, Milinkovic-Savic, Bono and Mitrovic.
As with a lot of things in football it's subjective, in the end. I think individually Al Nassr has better players, for sure, agreed there with you, but Hilal has quality in its ranks as well, and in the end, I think Al Hilal has the best team. The team, systems, come from the coach, in which I don't think there's any possible way anyone who has seen both coaches' teams throughout the years thinks Luis Castro is better than Jesus. Individuals by themselves don't make a team, or else PSG would've have won the last 10 Champions League.

I think one of the faults of the team is that there's a larger gap in terms of quality from foreigners to homegrown players, compared to Hilal. I also think there's a larger imbalance between offensive and defensive quality in Nassr, while Hilal just clearly looks like a more balanced team in all areas of the field, either because of the group of players or systems in place put by Jesus.

It's really subjective though I feel, so I completely respect your view.

Last edited:

Terrific Tangerine

Supports
Blackpool
As with a lot of things in football it's subjective, in the end. I think individually Al Nassr has better players, for sure, agreed there with you, but Hilal has quality in its ranks as well, and in the end, I think Al Hilal has the best team. The team, systems, come from the coach, in which I don't think there's any possible way anyone who has seen both coaches' teams throughout the years thinks Luis Castro is better than Jesus. Individuals by themselves don't make a team, or else PSG would've have won the last 10 Champions League.

I think one of the faults of the team is that there's a larger gap in terms of quality from foreigners to homegrown players, compared to Hilal. I also think there's a larger imbalance between offensive and defensive quality in Nassr, while Hilal just clearly looks like a more balanced team in all areas of the field, either because of the group of players or systems in place put by Jesus.

It's really subjective though I feel, so I completely respect your view.
I'm genuinely surprised anyone studies the Saudi League enough to be able to write a post like this.

If it works for you then crack on.

It seems to me even with a story like Ronaldo that no one is very interested. The guy himself is pretty unpleasant and the league itself doesn't have anything else interesting going on.

bakalhau

I'm genuinely surprised anyone studies the Saudi League enough to be able to write a post like this.
Ahahaha, it might seem like it, but in reality I know Jesus and Castro just by virtue I'm Portuguese and they coached there for several years, in example. I only really make a point in watching All Nassr, but at my work place in the cantine there's 2 TVs and despite the 100+ staff in the store, the guys hoard the TVs so during meal break I end up watching way too many games from all sorts of leagues all week long, PL, La Liga, Saudi League if nothing else is going on, and so on.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The amount of memes here in Portugal because Jorge Jesus is outperforming CR7 teams are great. But they are in portuguese language, so not applicable for this forum.

mintyred

I love the passion he still has when he scores a goal. The man lives and breathes football. He gets made fun of for caring so much about scoring in Saudi/Asian football but what do you want a player to do?