Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik the Red

Assuming he is staying now, at least we know he will be fully committed to the cause. He isn't the type to down tools or disappear from games (like Pogba did). He may not fit ETH's style, and a 37 year old is unlikely to press much, but prime Ronaldo didn't press either. The striker market was pretty light at the end of the window, so Ronaldo, who is likely to get goals if nothing else, is a useful stopgap until ETH brings in his choice in January or next summer.

I’m loving my life

Martial is made of glass, Rashford cant be trusted.
Ronaldo will force his way back in. Would not be surprised if he started tonight.
I think Ten Hag will do with Ronaldo with what he did with Heller at Ajax - use him as an in the box striker. He will get great service from Anthony and Sancho.
It will be great if ETH can make it work. I haven’t really watched Ajax or Heller much. Is this a possibility with Ronaldo’s attributes?

cletus7

Oh my freaking God. I don't give a crap. Its a freaking fact that our net spend was low in Mourinhos 3rd season, Ole's 2nd season and Moyes 1st season. There is probably more occasions but I probably can't think of them. Need to go back and actually check before making a stupid post like that
Oh my freaking God. I don't give a crap. Its a freaking fact that our net spend was low in Mourinhos 3rd season, Ole's 2nd season and Moyes 1st season. There is probably more occasions but I probably can't think of them. Need to go back and actually check before making a stupid post like that
So what I posted is accurate, no further checking required on my side. The big picture is that we are in agreement that the transfer business under the glazers has been ineffective. You think it’s because we haven’t spent enough and have cited some low-spend seasons in your argument. I think we’ve got other problems besides the amounts we are spending.

Son

He is an elite scorer because he wont wants the team to pass the ball to him. What's his goals and assist numbers compared to say a Messi? The whole team has to be shaped to play only to his strength... and thus predictable.

That was the problem last season and why many of the players last season were so despondent. Marcus even hinted at it saying that the ETH approach will allow them to be more expressive. Why else would the team have scored so much fewer goals when he came on-board?
I wouldn’t call Ronaldo that predictable. You are talking about someone who can score with a header, both feet, volleys, back heels.

He’s anything but predictable if you are an opposing defender if you set up the team correct. The problem last season was the rest of the side was predictable at times in our build up play.

If we manage to create many lanes of attacking Ronaldo would be loving life here. There is a reason Man City wanted him last summer. I wouldn’t completely say he is finished just yet. He’s still a genius on the pitch finding space and that is a fact.

Off the ball he is better than on the ball. This has always been him even at his peak. Arguably the greatest player of all time with his movement off the ball I would argue. Messi is the best on the ball.

RuudTom83

If he can get a goal or 2 he will be fine...CF are all the same...scoring goals makes them happy! simple

flappyjay

I wouldn’t call Ronaldo that predictable. You are talking about someone who can score with a header, both feet, volleys, back heels.

He’s anything but predictable if you are an opposing defender if you set up the team correct. The problem last season was the rest of the side was predictable at times in our build up play.

If we manage to create many lanes of attacking Ronaldo would be loving life here. There is a reason Man City wanted him last summer. I wouldn’t completely say he is finished just yet. He’s still a genius on the pitch finding space and that is a fact.

Off the ball he is better than on the ball. This has always been him even at his peak. Arguably the greatest player of all time with his movement off the ball I would argue. Messi is the best on the ball.
Ronaldo himself is not predictable but the teams play becomes predictable that what the poster is saying and there is some truth to that. When we had Rruud it was the same, the te was made to cater to him. When he left we were left with an interchangeable forward line without a proper focal point.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is getting so silly now. Fenerbahce aren't even in the CL.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Cristiano Ronaldo is on the bench today as Manchester United are at the King Power Stadium to face Leicester City in the Premier League.

However, there’d be no rush for his departure from the club, as even though the Premier League transfer window closes today, the Turkish market only comes to an end on the 8th of September.

The strange thing about this move is that Fenerbahce have been knocked out from the Champions League’s play-offs, and presence in the competition has been claimed to be the main reason for Cristiano Ronaldo to leave Manchester United. On the other hand, they have a compatriot of his in charge, as Jorge Jesus is in the job.

RetroStu

Would Ronaldo really be on the bench today is he was leaving ina few hours?.
Unless he will be brought on for a goodbye to the fans.

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
No way he goes to Fenerbahce.

MLS or Saudi are far more likely, if he doesn’t care about CL.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
On the the bright side him staying at United means we sign him on a free next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.