Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nope Ronaldo won't be a starter often. We had Martial missing last game and ETH still opted to go for Rashford ahead of Ronaldo. Ronaldo will be a bit part player till January at least. He doesn't suit how ETH wants to play.
There's a lot more to football clubs than just tactics unfortunately. He's not going to be sitting on the bench when he's earning half a million every week. Till now, he wasn't match fit having missed pre season and then the speculation around his future. Now ETH keeping him in reserve would mean not playing half a million a week asset when there's no reason not to. He's going to be starting games soon enough, whether we like it or not.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Hes an expensive option but if we are chasing a goal in the last half an hour of a game I cant imagine many better players to bring on

As you say we are stuck with him so probably best to make the most of it

No doubt he will sign a bosman with somebody after the world cup and perhaps we can agree something at that point to move him on earlier?
Has Ronaldo ever been a decent "impact" sub though? I guess he's never had much of a chance to be one... but yeah I'm not sure his ego will let him

Chief123

There's a lot more to football clubs than just tactics unfortunately. He's not going to be sitting on the bench when he's earning half a million every week. Till now, he wasn't match fit having missed pre season and then the speculation around his future. Now ETH keeping him in reserve would mean not playing half a million a week asset when there's no reason not to. He's going to be starting games soon enough, whether we like it or not.
ETH certainly isn’t going to play Ronaldo just because he’s earning half a million a week. That’s some really bizarre logic. If it’s better for the team to not play Ronaldo, then the half a million a week is best spent with him on the bench than on the pitch.

Just like how we are paying Maguire £200k plus and he’s sat on the bench cause it’s better for the team.

Weird how you think players are played based on the fact they earn a lot.

Renegade

Haters will always hate, but to have a whole thread dedicated to full scale toxic bashing is simply at another level. Thread like this have to stop if he stays. They could move over to the performance thread somewhere to continue their thing, once a while.
This thread doesn’t exist if not for Ronaldo’s own actions. It’s a bit harsh to complain about fans being annoyed.

Woodzy

He will start tonight ahead of Elanga and I’m not sure it would bother me too much. We should have signed a striker regardless really which is the main issue.

Real Name

Haters will always hate, but to have a whole thread dedicated to full scale toxic bashing is simply at another level. Thread like this have to stop if he stays. They could move over to the performance thread somewhere to continue their thing, once a while.
Put the thread on ignore then.

BeltUp

Supports
United
I think Ronnie has pissed on his own chips. Thought he could play a weak hand and ETH called his bluff. Now, he's gonna play the way he's told and if he can't/won't, he will be on the bench. But now he knows who is in charge.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This thread doesn’t exist if not for Ronaldo’s own actions. It’s a bit harsh to complain about fans being annoyed.
Getting annoyed is one thing, but getting so much toxic in recycling so much non-stop bashing is another. Once he is confirmed to stay, thread like this should just get locked to stop all these nonsense.

DickDastardly

Has Ronaldo ever been a decent "impact" sub though? I guess he's never had much of a chance to be one... but yeah I'm not sure his ego will let him
Guess we'll find out won't we....

The fact that we now have Antony, Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Ronaldo and Garnacho in the final third is quite good.

Also the option of 5 subs is helping for all six of them.

ETH could easily replicate Fergusons 2 pairs of CF's from 98/99.

Cole-Yorke, Ole-Teddy combos worked out great..... you're always keeping it competitive and you've got plenty of options.

Strelok

Hes an expensive option but if we are chasing a goal in the last half an hour of a game I cant imagine many better players to bring on

As you say we are stuck with him so probably best to make the most of it

No doubt he will sign a bosman with somebody after the world cup and perhaps we can agree something at that point to move him on earlier?
He's not even good in the air or has the strength to play against the prem CBs anymore. Bring him on in the last minutes is now simply just a waste of space.

His body has stopped listening to him lately. Notice his current really shit first touch. And his shooting is now way off the target. His first touch is now as good as of McT and honestly I'd rather throw McT in as a striker if we're chasing a goal than this current Ronaldo. At least McT is strong enough to keep the ball, have the workrate and probably is even faster. Last week I was joking about having McT as our #9 instead of him or Rashford in another thread and some actually agreed. None laughed or said anything against. That speaks volumes imo.

I don't even want to mention his motivation and behaviours. I once worked for a narcissistic asshole so I do know what I'm talking about. Those guys have a special talent of making the life of those around them miserable when things don't go their way. Mark my words.

oneloop31

Ronaldo is one of the 4best players to ever play this game. No other players that played for us is considered to be at this level. I bet the attention united are getting worldwide increased at least two-fold since Ronaldo rejoining. The club should show some goddamn respect

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Getting annoyed is one thing, but getting so much toxic in recycling so much non-stop bashing is another. Once he is confirmed to stay, thread like this should just get locked to stop all these nonsense.
You'll notice most of the haters seem to be names you don't see anywhere else around the forum.
So they probably check in to bile up.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
What own actions? So far he barely spoke and all we have is rumous and rumours.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
ETH certainly isn’t going to play Ronaldo just because he’s earning half a million a week. That’s some really bizarre logic. If it’s better for the team to not play Ronaldo, then the half a million a week is best spent with him on the bench than on the pitch.

Just like how we are paying Maguire £200k plus and he’s sat on the bench cause it’s better for the team.

Weird how you think players are played based on the fact they earn a lot.
We'll see buddy. Don't think you are living in the real world if you think this will be solely ETH's decision either.

Further, as much as I want the cnut gone, he will score goals when he starts and that will make it even more difficult to drop him.

DevilRed

Guess we'll find out won't we....

The fact that we now have Antony, Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Ronaldo and Garnacho in the final third is quite good.

Also the option of 5 subs is helping for all six of them.

ETH could easily replicate Fergusons 2 pairs of CF's from 98/99.

Cole-Yorke, Ole-Teddy combos worked out great..... you're always keeping it competitive and you've got plenty of options.
You forgot Anthony.

NewYorkRed

He stays. We go for it !!!! Can’t wait to have to see some “fans” have to pretend to like him all the while losing sleep when he’s scoring winning goals for us. Gotta suck to be them hahah

MrEleson

So rumours about him wanting to leave are made up?
Interesting Ronaldo didnt deny them, just said he'll speak in September.
He said out of the many rumours made up, only about 5 were true. He wrote that in the very post where he said he would give an interview.

Real Name

He stays. We go for it !!!! Can’t wait to have to see some “fans” have to pretend to like him all the while losing sleep when he’s scoring winning goals for us. Gotta suck to be them hahah
Nothing like his fans on this boards though.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I hope he scores 100 goals this season. It doesn’t change the fact that I think he is an absolute cnut because of his behaviour this summer.

ROFLUTION

Some fans are also just "meh" about him (myself included), so it's not like any fan who likes him after scoring is backtracking.

If he'd gone it would've been good as a new player could've been introduced, if he stays we still have a very good striker on our hand. Hope he doesn't sulk though.

MrEleson

Christ they're resorting to random Reddit posts now to get their daily hate up.

It's posts like this that absolutely show some of you love the drama. All I read is complaints that Ronaldo brings the drama but if you didn't look for all these random 'sources' you'd never come across any drama.

He stropped once last season, that's the extent of it.
And the irony is that when someone brings counter-points and sources to this toxic stuff, they’ll scream “fanboy.”

MrEleson

No, because everybody had said they didn’t want him long before that.

In fact if anything talk ramped up after that with all the Napoli stuff, but you’re not a fan of facts.
Okay, mr facts.

Napoli rumours didn’t have anywhere near the noise as the links to Atletico & co.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Anyone who thinks CR should stay to "help" the team is understandably seeing this question through the lenses of a Manchester United supporter. It's understandable but it makes no sense. Cristiano Ronaldo is not a Gareth Barry. Never will be.

I'll lose a lot of the respect I have for a player who is 1 in a billion, considered by a significant number of people to be the best footballer ever, who has abdicated from a lavish lifestyle to become the greatest and scores 24 goals in his 19th season, if he accepts to be a spare wheel for any club that is not a contender to win the Champions League, let alone not even playing in it. Any club.

I must add that this bloodbath the German and Spanish clubs plus the media have been giving CR is not unexpected. They were humiliated time and time again by this guy. Bayern and Atletico would rather be relegated than sign him. Plus any mediocre club wants to say they're not interested in CR these days, just because the hatred is too strong.

But the real reason behind all this bedlam is that many of his "friends" around the world want to make sure that he goes to Qatar completely demoralized and out of shape. This is all about that.

Let's wait for 11 pm later today.
What a legend. Won't play for man utd at 37 because we aren't in the CL and the other big clubs don't want him because he's 37. It's about his age not about their hatred for them.

talking robot

personally happy he’s staying. he’s a high quality rotation option. his actions this summer have undermined his standing a bit, meaning he’s no longer position to disrupt the squad if he’s not starting. should still be motivated to prove something now that his future is settled, no one else wants him, and there’s a world cup on the horizon. very good scenario for the club imo.

OverratedOpinion

If he starts playing well for us Man Utd fans will be happy. I don't think the "haters" are nearly as entrenched in him personally as the fanboys are.

I think most of us are just worried about having a 37 year old striker who looks slow and is inconsistent at passing the ball and controlling it under pressure.

imamuppet

Some of the posting here is disgraceful, he lost a son just a few months ago, some people have such short memories except those that involve themselves ....

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Christ they're resorting to random Reddit posts now to get their daily hate up.

It's posts like this that absolutely show some of you love the drama. All I read is complaints that Ronaldo brings the drama but if you didn't look for all these random 'sources' you'd never come across any drama.

He stropped once last season, that's the extent of it.
Ronaldo is a goldmine for web clicks any Tom dick and Harry could write a story about him and generate traffic. It just comes with the territory with having someone as high profile as him in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.