Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
If he doesn't leave, then I see him as a super-sub for the last 20 mins, running his socks off and trying to nick that goal.

He will get 90 minutes in cups and EL. Maybe some easier games will see him starting as well, but not before we have our gameplan set up neatly and everybody knows what to do and when.

I think he will be an amazing influence for Antony. They have so much similarities actually, especially as that pre-goal-monster Ronaldo. Maybe Antony will become a goal-scoring machine as well?

Chief123

I’m desperate for him to leave in the next few hours. Can’t wait to hear the end of him.

If he stays even as a rotation option, he’s going to continue having tantrums disrupting the squad.

OverratedOpinion

Is he going to still be a starter under Erik or will he be a squad player?
I think a lot depends on Martial's fitness.

I think Ronaldo is past it but Rashford is so non existent playing up front against low block teams that I can't imagine Ronaldo will play a lot if Martial isn't fit.

DavelinaJolie

Well he's clearly not going. All I can do is just carry on feeling a sense of unease whenever he scores.

phelans shorts

If he doesn't leave, then I see him as a super-sub for the last 20 mins, running his socks off and trying to nick that goal.

He will get 90 minutes in cups and EL. Maybe some easier games will see him starting as well, but not before we have our gameplan set up neatly and everybody knows what to do and when.

I think he will be an amazing influence for Antony. They have so much similarities actually, especially as that pre-goal-monster Ronaldo. Maybe Antony will become a goal-scoring machine as well?
:lol::lol::lol:

Good one

Luka Mora

I get physically sick listening to his pr spin trying to insult the intelligence of people, which he knows a large portion of his cult following who are huge in numbers will lap up blindly

Mmm-Qatarian

I’m desperate for him to leave in the next few hours. Can’t wait to hear the end of him.

If he stays even as a rotation option, he’s going to continue having tantrums disrupting the squad.
Not to mention ruining our attacks with his 1/10 substitute cameos.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Did you watch the Liverpool game? He couldn’t even do it for 5 minutes.
True. As I said previously, it might have been a wishful thinking from my side.

So... you'd rather see him leave if we cannot replace him?

Chief123

If Ronnie's staying, I hope the rejections and negative comments light a fire under his ass and he proves us wrong.
He won't prove anyone wrong. He'll spit his dummy out and be a miserable turd sat on the bench stinking the place out.

Don't forget, we have his "I'll tell the truth in 2 weeks because it's all about me" story to look forward to yet.

Chief123

Did you watch the Liverpool game? He couldn’t even do it for 5 minutes.
He was even worse against Southampton. Made one run which was a great counter attack opportunity for us and his legs had gone just being on the pitch a few minutes.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Looks like he's going to stay and he won't be a rotation option. People forget our other CF option is Martial and it's hard to play many games from the Physio's room. Ronaldo is gonna end up being a starter soon enough.

Pronewbie

Peep
You say that as if his mindset isn’t perfectly encapsulated here
He won't prove anyone wrong. He'll spit his dummy out and be a miserable turd sat on the bench stinking the place out.

Don't forget, we have his "I'll tell the truth in 2 weeks because it's all about me" story to look forward to yet.
Youse are fecking idiots.
But probably right.

Chief123

Looks like he's going to stay and he won't be a rotation option. People forget our other CF option is Martial and it's hard to play many games from the Physio's room. Ronaldo is gonna end up being a starter soon enough.
Nope Ronaldo won't be a starter often. We had Martial missing last game and ETH still opted to go for Rashford ahead of Ronaldo. Ronaldo will be a bit part player till January at least. He doesn't suit how ETH wants to play.

troylocker

For 20 mins he can do it. Then he is not gassed and still remains decent energy levels.

Let's hope so.

But I agree with you - a bit of wishful thinking from my side.
Even when he got subbed in in the 86th minute against Liverpool he looked like he was conserving energy for offensive runs when we didn't have the ball and were protecting a one goal lead....

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Even when he got subbed in in the 86th minute against Liverpool he looked like he was conserving energy for offensive runs when we didn't have the ball and were protecting a one goal lead....
That for sure is the case. The problem is when he's full of energy, he gets outpaced by defenders who played full game anyway so I really don't know how to use him.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Yes, nothing to think about. I’d much rather we stayed away last summer more than anything.
True, although it was a very, very pleasing moment to see him wearing the shirt again. I think it was amazing until all hell broke loose and we started to play like a Championship team.

He had his moments - some CL group stage goals, hat-tricks in the league.

But I truly felt when he was signed and he was starting at Old Trafford, the buzz in the stadium and his reacting smile to it... it felt special.

But yeah, it was a long time ago. We should have steered clear from him. But nobody was certain that it'd happen like this, we all hoped for the best. 15+ goals in the league at least, which he did. But he hampered the squad. So yeah... sad fairytale.

phelans shorts

True, although it was a very, very pleasing moment to see him wearing the shirt again. I think it was amazing until all hell broke loose and we started to play like a Championship team.

He had his moments - some CL group stage goals, hat-tricks in the league.

But I truly felt when he was signed and he was starting at Old Trafford, the buzz in the stadium and his reacting smile to it... it felt special.

But yeah, it was a long time ago. We should have steered clear from him. But nobody was certain that it'd happen like this, we all hoped for the best. 15+ goals in the league at least.
Again, I strongly disagree.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If he finally stays, people should just forget what happened this summer, let go all this toxic bashing and stand by him scoring more goals for us.

Him scoring more goals would means us winning more games too. If he isn’t up to the job, ETH won’t start him for many games anyway.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If he finally stays, people should just forget what happened this summer, let go all this toxic bashing and stand by him scoring more goals for us.

Him scoring more goals would means us winning more games too. If he isn’t up to the job, ETH won’t start him for many games anyway.
Smart money is on him moping around until December and trying again to find some desperate club to go to in the winter window.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Smart money is on him moping around until December and trying again to find some desperate club to go to in the winter window.
I think he would be too busy focusing on his last WC with Portugal, instead of looking for a move elsewhere to play 2 more CL games during the winter.

Deery

Dreary

You’re joking right, these people absolutely detested him when he was banging in 24 goals last season everything he does will displease them this season.

Infra-red

Is he going to still be a starter under Erik or will he be a squad player?
I think he'll play quite a lot of games. Martial looks crocked and Rashford has been appalling for two years. We don't have any other strikers. He's been a major distraction while the window has been open, but now that it looks like he's staying, I expect he'll get a lot more game time (he needs to get fit first though - he's currently way off it).

Strelok

True. As I said previously, it might have been a wishful thinking from my side.

So... you'd rather see him leave if we cannot replace him?
As I said before having Ronaldo right now is like having a car that doesn't work at all but you still have to pay a crazy parking fee. You'd need a new car regardless of whether you dispose that car or not.

On a second thought it's even worse at least the broken car is quiet.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You’re joking right, these people absolutely detested him when he was banging in 24 goals last season everything he does will displease them this season.
Haters will always hate, but to have a whole thread dedicated to full scale toxic bashing is simply at another level. Thread like this have to stop if he stays. They could move over to the performance thread somewhere to continue their thing, once a while.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
As I said before having Ronaldo right now is like having a car that doesn't work at all but you still have to pay a crazy parking fee. You'd need a new car regardless of whether you dispose that car or not.

On a second thought it's even worse at least the broken car is quiet.
Hes an expensive option but if we are chasing a goal in the last half an hour of a game I cant imagine many better players to bring on

As you say we are stuck with him so probably best to make the most of it

No doubt he will sign a bosman with somebody after the world cup and perhaps we can agree something at that point to move him on earlier?

Smores

Christ they're resorting to random Reddit posts now to get their daily hate up.

It's posts like this that absolutely show some of you love the drama. All I read is complaints that Ronaldo brings the drama but if you didn't look for all these random 'sources' you'd never come across any drama.

He stropped once last season, that's the extent of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.