Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
He’s really becoming a strange character
He's acting like some kind of deluded big shot to remind everyone that he's still relevant. He knows his powers are all but gone but wants to maintain control.

Greck

What is wrong with him?

In portugal it's customary to have a preworkout kiss before embarking on team activities. Bolsters morale and promotes togetherness- CR7 fans probably. Wouldn't even be the worst logic from today

OleGunnar20

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised on Ronaldo 1st day back at Carrington his phone auto connected to the WiFi because that probably never changed either.
Reckon he's running with a 12 year old phone? What a hypocrite !

Seriously though none of these 'Critisicms' have anything to do with the good of the club. To think he cares about anything but himself would be insane.

The guy defines Narcisism.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he does go then the millions of customers who bought his shirt should get refunded. Seeing as most shirt sales are done pre season it’s like the glazers have milked him. They would of never had anywhere near as many shirt sales without Ronaldo.

I don’t agree with Ronaldo comments about Ten Hag but why aren’t we supporting him for coming out with the truth about our lack of investment in facilities , poor sporting project etc. We have needed somebody high profile within the club to actually expose the owners for who they are and nobody better then Ronaldo to do that.

What he said about the pool , gym etc is outrageous that it has never been upgraded since 12 years ago. Glazers take dividends out every year and nothing ever goes back in! It’s a farce and disgraceful !!

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised on Ronaldo 1st day back at Carrington his phone auto connected to the WiFi because that probably never changed either.
Another one spotted.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I think a lot of the posts are hypocritical considering all he’s doing in the interview is criticising UTD which is what all of us ever do on the Caf. Piers Morgan is his Caf and he’s entitled to it imo.
No, he is attacking EtH and pretending he himself hasn't turned into shit.

If he only attacked Glazers, he would be a hero, but no he is attacking EtH, best manager we have had since Sir Alex, and pretending that Christiano himself is still great

Stop changing facts

Spark

I’ve watched The Boys and also Eastbound and Down and therefore know exactly what’s going to happen.

NewGlory

Might not be a hot take anymore but Portugal won't make it out of the groups cuz of this guy.
Imagine how awkward it is for Bruno to be on the same team with this cnut right now

MrEleson

Bruno just posted on his IG story quoting a video of Joao Mario explaining the video between Bruno & Ronaldo this morning with the caption: “Oh JoaMario, here you are ruining the covers of the newspapers”

NewGlory

He was a good player, sometimes average. Cafu was a great player. Dani Alves was a great player. Maldini was a great player.

Gary Neville was never world class. Let's not rewrite history.
Having watched Gary Neville talk about this many times himself, he agrees. Neville always said that he was never world class and of limited talent but he made up with work ethic and importance for the club of his football intelligence and leadership attitude, but pure talent he himself thinks he was far behind world class players he played with

romufc

Ronaldo trying to play the victim card about pre season, players have to deal with personal stuff all the time. We as fans are here to comment on the football.

The clubs stance was always, Ronaldo is missing due to family issues, never once was anything else mentioned.

I think he has lost respect from alot of players, its not a good take when you lose it all and you cant handle it.

SAFMUTD

Imagine how awkward it is for Bruno to be on the same team with this cnut right now
Not only Bruno, Dalot as well. Though Bruno is more of a squad leader captain so his position at this moment is really uncomfortable.

JBD-dane

It will be interesting to hear from his so called “football-father”. This relation will likely suffer from this.

crossy1686

career ending
Not only Bruno, Dalot as well. Though Bruno is more of a squad leader captain so his position at this moment is really uncomfortable.
Is it really? I wouldn't be pally with him but they're all professionals and want to win the WC. Everything else can wait until after, no one's going to have it out over lunch on the eve of a tournament, unless of course they were all French.

We need an rvn

Be interesting to see just how much this video / his actions will dominate Portugal's pre-match press conferences.

Ronaldo probably would have dominated the press conferences anyway, with him being the global superstar he is. But now, it's not going to be just about what can Portugal do but instead about "that video" and his future. He's got himself to blame for it as he released it a day before flying off for a world cup, but I can imagine the Portuguese camp not being happy with all these questions pre-match (or post match for that matter "has your poor performance today been affected by what is happening at Utd) - and Portugal can say all they want about deflecting these questions, they'll definitely come

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Be interesting to see just how much this video / his actions will dominate Portugal's pre-match press conferences.

Ronaldo probably would have dominated the press conferences anyway, with him being the global superstar he is. But now, it's not going to be just about what can Portugal do but instead about "that video" and his future. He's got himself to blame for it as he released it a day before flying off for a world cup, but I can imagine the Portuguese camp not being happy with all these questions pre-match (or post match for that matter "has your poor performance today been affected by what is happening at Utd) - and Portugal can say all they want about deflecting these questions, they'll definitely come
They will find it irritating. All the excitement and every player and the manager will be asked about him.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
On the Munich thing back in the day: I remember that this surfaced at some point, some years ago (I don't remember exactly when), but as far as I know it was never made public by any journo at the time, and not later either (until now).

It's an incredibly telling moment, isn't it? Rooney trying his best to deliver a worthy speech with Ronaldo (entirely oblivious to the nature of what's going on) banging on doors, acting like an impatient toddler.

Redfrog

I’ve been watching clips from the interview. Some things I’ve noticed.

1. The interview is not as bad as the media have portrayed it to be.

2. Piers Morgan is a conniving bastard.

The worst thing he has said is he doesn’t respect the manager. The rest is all about his ego, which we all knew he had.

I think when the full interview is out, people may have another opinion.
All right then, make him player-manager and give him a pay raise then.
I don’t give a damn about his interview, I am glad I’ll never see him play for us again and I hope ETH will be a big success here, because I support United you know.

Lee565

Ronaldo has completely screwed himself over, the absolute scrutiny he will be under at the world cup now both on and off the pitch with his behaviour.

also imagine what this does for Portugal team, do you think they want this media circus around them with every question going to be about ronaldo and he will have to perform to back up the idea that he is still as amazing as he says he is

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The bloke in the bib probably isn't starting the first game and Ronaldo is consoling him. I don't think everything that's happening in the Portugal camp is about Ronaldo
The thing is the bloke in the bib looked annoyed by it. Consoling someone should be about making them feel better, not creeping them out.

yamo123x

One of the best players ive ever seen live and one of the greatest of all time in a united shirt has this week showed his true colours.

I hear that the club is poorly run and not progressed much, we all know this...

but in the summer his agent has united to let him go, he flirted with some of our rivals and thought only of himself. We wanted him to stay, ETH publicly said he wanted him to stay, so how is he being forced out?

500k a week, many many substandard performances storming off down the tunnel, etc etc and he is being forced out....

VERY POOR CRISTIANO

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ronaldo has completely screwed himself over, the absolute scrutiny he will be under at the world cup now both on and off the pitch with his behaviour.

also imagine what this does for Portugal team, do you think they want this media circus around them with every question going to be about ronaldo and he will have to perform to back up the idea that he is still as amazing as he says he is
I don't think it'll affect him or Portugal. WC is always a bubble in itself. But in general he's truly exposed himself and I think this will stick with him

Greck

All right then, make him player-manager and give him a pay raise then.
I don’t give a damn about his interview, I am glad I’ll never see him play for us again and I hope ETH will be a big success here, because I support United you know.
but he only majorly disrespected the manager for the second time in a month. Asides making himself bigger than the manager it was fine. Nonsense, do people realise he's attacking Rooney and Neville for condemning his leaving the stadium?? It shows no lack of remorse for the situation.

I don't understand why there's confusion over the backlash. We know our structure is incompetent but that doesn't include the manager which is where all of the latest friction started.

crossy1686

career ending
The thing is the bloke in the bib looked annoyed by it. Consoling someone should be about making them feel better, not creeping them out.
Have you ever been really annoyed and have someone try to tell you it will be okay, things will work out in the end? That's what that looks like to me.

Let me set the scene, United have just lost 5-0 to Liverpool and someone pipes up with "Don't worry, it's only a game"

Posh Red

If he does go then the millions of customers who bought his shirt should get refunded. Seeing as most shirt sales are done pre season it’s like the glazers have milked him. They would of never had anywhere near as many shirt sales without Ronaldo.

I don’t agree with Ronaldo comments about Ten Hag but why aren’t we supporting him for coming out with the truth about our lack of investment in facilities , poor sporting project etc. We have needed somebody high profile within the club to actually expose the owners for who they are and nobody better then Ronaldo to do that.

What he said about the pool , gym etc is outrageous that it has never been upgraded since 12 years ago. Glazers take dividends out every year and nothing ever goes back in! It’s a farce and disgraceful !!

You’re telling me Ronaldo hasn’t upgraded his phone in over twelve years? No wonder he’s not been able to keep up with Messi.

Fully Fledged

I’ve been watching clips from the interview. Some things I’ve noticed.

1. The interview is not as bad as the media have portrayed it to be.

2. Piers Morgan is a conniving bastard.

The worst thing he has said is he doesn’t respect the manager. The rest is all about his ego, which we all knew he had.

I think when the full interview is out, people may have another opinion.
No they wont he's a fecking circus where everything has to revolve around him. Calling out Rooney because he said that him walking out against Spurs was unacceptable. It just shows how you have to walk on eggshell around him.

I mean the part about being disrespected by ETH because he didn't believe him about his daughter being unwell and then when Gobshite asked him to clarify that Man Utd said they didn't believe him he said that they hadn't said that but he got the felling they didn't believe him. How do you deal with that?

They say ok look after your daughter and he comes back they don't believe me they are disrespecting me. I mean WTF?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
So he should play for us again ?
That’s what everyone wants, except Ronaldo’s fan boys.
If he does my respect for ETH would fall off the cliff.
Ban him the training grounds. And see off his contract. It's the best thing you can do to him as retribution - take him off the world stage.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I don't think it'll affect him or Portugal. WC is always a bubble in itself. But in general he's truly exposed himself and I think this will stick with him
I don't know, when Keane played for Ireland he dominated proceedings. If he was in a good mood so was the squad, if not ... nobody said a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.