Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

I've seen the full interview now, didn't say much that I disagreed with. It's only fair to have his voice heard, I doubt there were many other alternative channels for that.

I'm not a Ronaldo fan boy, I wanted him out before this but you have to respect his knowledge and experience.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
That there were no changes, for a start.
Come on, that is a generalization. Those are per definition not intended to be true in every detail. ‘Nothing have changed’ means we haven’t nearly developed as fast as the clubs around us.

Crimson King

It’s the same idiot that was chasing EtH before he became manager outside Selhurst Park and then kept complaining on twitter i think.

Sounds like him anyway. Gary Cotterill
Yeah pretty sure it is him, he's fecking awful. Has it in for EtH at the moment as well.

pacifictheme

Yup.

It’s really hard to see how Ronaldo would have figured this was a good idea or what he’s set out to achieve
I can't decide whether he expects to have his contract terminated or get eth sacked. The man has lost it.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
I've seen the full interview now, didn't say much that I disagreed with. It's only fair to have his voice heard, I doubt there were many other alternative channels for that.

I'm not a Ronaldo fan boy, I wanted him out before this but you have to respect his knowledge and experience.
I respectfully disagree.

He shouldn't have done it.

He should be sacked for doing it.

But the fact is, if you are a billionaire you can get the smartest lawyers on the planet and Manchester United will be the losers at the end of all of this. Never should have re-signed him.

Fts 74

Didn't watch it all but my take from it was he simply can't handle not being treated as the superstar anymore, he's clearly declined and he can't handle it lashing out at anyone and everyone who dares criticise him.

Just get rid by whatever means possible so we can get behind the manager and players who want to be here.

As for Piers Morgan his "performance "was the most embarrassing I've ever seen by a journalist utterly pathetic.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
But the fact is, if you are a billionaire you can get the smartest lawyers on the planet and Manchester United will be the losers at the end of all of this.
I'm sure Manchester United and the multi-billionaire Glazers won't be relying on legal aid to counteract anything Ronaldo's legal team will come up should the need arise.

Greck

Part 1 yes but Part 2 was horrible and tone deaf. The first half of part 2 was basically slandering the manager and saying the punishment was excessive, a very lenient punishment that saw him captain the team within a week. Lots of unprovable accusations as well. It's actually ridiculous people want to suggest tonight didn't have much wrong. Downplaying acts of gross indiscipline, that's how we even got here in the first place. It was bad by a country mile.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yup.

It’s really hard to see how Ronaldo would have figured this was a good idea or what he’s set out to achieve
It’s a very good idea to publicly broadcast to other teams that you won’t accept anything less than a starting role, will not respect any manager who doesn’t indulge you and will go on TV to complain about it midseason when you aren’t playing well. This is certain to increase the many many clubs interest in him.

Djemba-Djemba

Yeah it's perfectly normal and fair to book interview time with Piers fecking Morgan halfway through the season to slag off your manager , teammates and the club paying you 500k a week for 90 minutes. It happens all the time.

Boasting about his professionalism after the fecking shite he's pulled this season is laughable.

AlPistacho

Having watched both parts.
What was terrible was his comments on ETH in addition to his behaviour this season

What he’ll get punished for most by the club is his comments about the Glazers.

The snippets about Gary Neville not being his friend was misleading. In the actual interview it’s not bad at all. He didn’t say it in a “We’re no longer friend’s” way. He said “we’re not friends we’re colleagues, we don’t go to dinner together”, what he said about Rooney was OTT.

Not defending him in anyway. Motive + ETH comment + behaviour this season = he’s being a knob. But without the ETH comment I’d think it be a good parting shot at the Glazers.

USREDEVIL

At the end of the day it matters little to United going forward. This was going to be his last year at United. He has been poor this year and already caused issues before the interview. This just means he's leaving in the winter break and not the summer.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
I'm sure Manchester United and the multi-billionaire Glazers won't be relying on legal aid to counteract anything Ronaldo's legal team will come up should the need arise.
Good point.

So basically you will have 2 sets of lawyers coining it in and when Ronaldo is 40(ish) there will be a determination. How does that help Man United?

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Part 1 yes but Part 2 was horrible and tone deaf. The first half of part 2 was basically slandering the manager and saying the punishment was excessive, a very lenient punishment that saw him captain the team within a week. Lots of unprovable accusations as well. It's actually ridiculous people want to suggest tonight didn't have much wrong. Downplaying acts of gross indiscipline, that's how we even got here in the first place. It was bad by a country mile.
In view of the fact we can't 'like' a post on here, can I say this was spot on.

tjb

Some people coming out and saying its not as bad. It is. The very fact that he could go and do this, why he would do this and the fact he didn't for a second consider the club, fans and his teammates when he did this speaks volumes. Messi had far more of a gripe with Barca, not once did he come out and do something like this. He can't handle the fact that he simply doesn't have it anymore at 37....Noone has it at 37. I don't understand why he can't just face the truth and act accordingly. He either needs to go to a weaker European league accepting a lower wage or go to the US, it's that simple.

MrBest

From the clips I was expecting something bad and horrendous, it was not even that bad. Its more childish than anything, he has a massive ego but at least he can justify it having been at the top for 20 years. I dont think the interview was necessary, calling Rooney a rat was immature especially when he said after he dont criticise people but in reality I don't see any gross misconduct, just a spoilt brat with a massive ego. I do love the fact he calls out the glazers. I think after that I hate piers more and as for ronaldo, he's still the goat but you can tell he's a guy that needs to be told all the time that he's is the best. Some people are like that, it is what it is. The ETH part, well he said he dont respect him, he has his own view which I personally don't agree with but if I was in his shoes, maybe I would feel the same. I just hate the fact it dropped at the time it did, it would have been nice for the week headlines to be less about Ronaldo and more about the world Cup and Garnacho last min goal.

Womp

idiot
Who is actually buying this rubbish? Saying this interview is for the fans but is referencing shit like Rooney's comments about him and trying to make himself the victim for leaving games early and refusing to come on - which you know, is his fecking job.

You must really love the fans, by actively refusing to do the shit their hard earned money is paying you to do. Truly a saint.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I've seen him live at Old Trafford. I've seen him do great things in our shirt.

I've seen him cry on the ground and not join in when we won in Moscow.

I've seen him endorse being called a slave.

I've seen him be the best player in the world.

I've never seen him as a United legend.

Now I just don't want to see him play.

alexthelion

Come on, that is a generalization. Those are per definition not intended to be true in every detail. ‘Nothing have changed’ means we haven’t nearly developed as fast as the clubs around us.
Nothing have changed means that nothing has changed. You can't put your interpretation on something so clearly said.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Well he's the only player who did it more than once and the only one who was actively showcasing themselves around Europe
Not allowed for me :lol: He's exposed nobody but himself during this interview

CloneMC16

Ronaldo talked about other players not playing in preseason and still getting picked. He said he didn't want to name names. What players are those? Even Casemiro had to wait for his chance to get into the team. I don't think any player skipped preseason and got given starts.

I like how he talked about not wanting to criticise people, but he criticised a tonne of people in this interview. The vast majority of our squad. ETH, Neville, and Rooney. He only wants to surround himself with people that kiss his ass.

Tyrion

Strange take, sure he was quite close with Benzema and Marcelo? He always seems to have army of teammates defending him too, although it’s hard to tell whether it’s out of admiration or friendship.
Iirc, Benzema said he still hasn't heard from Ronaldo about him being player of the year. No congratulations or anything.

I think his teammates defend him because he'll turn on them otherwise, like with Neville.

Withnail

If I said "Deery and the rest of the bizarre Ronaldo fanboy cultists who make excuses for Ronaldos bad behaviour" you wouldn't take that as me calling you a bizarre Ronaldo fanboy cultist who makes excuses for Ronaldo's bad behaviour by implying you are associated with a group of bizarre Ronaldo fanboy cultists who make excuses for Ronaldo's bad behavior?
Excellent work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tyrion

He's one of those pundits you don't love or hate, because he never says anything controversial but is always fair in his judgment
Fair point. I actually didn't realise how much better he is than most because he isn't hyperbolic and doesn't go viral like Keane or Neville.

Kramer

I hope the club come out with a public statement that he will never play for us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.