g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

So I guess the purpose of the interview is to force the club to let him go in such a way that he still gets the rest of (or some amount of) his remaining contract paid? Anyone got a clear understanding there?
That's probably what he's aiming for. He wants the club to let him go on a free, but that's only possible through United buying out his contract or both coming to a mutual understanding to negate the contract, thus letting him go on a free.

The problem with the former is that for United it makes no sense. They're not the ones who can demand his next club to give him the same wages, thus preventing the next club from submitting a transfer bid. That's between Ronaldo and his next club negotiating his wages. Therefore if Ronaldo really wanted to leave, he should just accept smaller wages. There has been no indication he's willing to take substantially smaller wages because every club rejected him (implying that they didn't want to pay United a transfer fee, unless Ronaldo was on much smaller wages).

The problem with the latter is that Ronaldo is on huge wages and if even he goes on a free, he probably won't get the same wages he's currently on with United considering his performances and age.

nakpodiareuben

So I guess the purpose of the interview is to force the club to let him go in such a way that he still gets the rest of (or some amount of) his remaining contract paid? Anyone got a clear understanding there?
[/QUOT
Might not be a hot take anymore but Portugal won't make it out of the groups cuz of this guy.

Portuguese media are even saying he makes the team weaker.

Strelok

I'm saying that Roy Keane did the right thing not slagging him off in public for his performances. Its the least you should do as a former teammate and captain. Its about basic respect.
I won't argue about whether Keane was right or wrong. But what Keane said was putting pressure on ETH to start Ronaldo. What Garry said was to support ETH's decision to not to. Which one is better for United?

Garry for all his shit as a pundit did care about United. Keane did not.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I would be surprised if his contract doesn't have something in it to enable termination for bringing the club into disrepute in this way...he shouldn't get a penny more from us.
Don't be silly. People slag off their employers and bosses all of the time.
His people would have discussed questions and answers.

The club has been embarrassed by this interview and the manager will feel embarrassed too given he has been played

I think we've seen the last of Ronaldo in a United shirt now. TH can't pick him again
Pathetic from Ronaldo. Just Pathetic

nakpodiareuben

I am just so glad knowing that Cristiano has played his last game for this club.

Thank you Ronaldo, but you are history now!

Highfather_24

Keane calls out everyone. But Ronaldo should not be criticized for shitty performances? His job is to be a pundit, not the PR agent of Ronaldo.
Keano didnt call him out though. You know why? Because Ronaldo is one of the greatest of all time, and as a fellow sports person, teammate, and former captain, you have a certain amount of respect for that person, that you will not come on live tele to slag his performances at the age of 37, just because you're a "pundit".

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Gary Neville has sold his ass to the media. He should know better than to criticize a former teammate who is one of the GOATs, when he is going through a tough period. If it was Roy Keane or Paul Scholes saying it, okay they were great players.

I have no respect for Ronaldo either, but that's another thing.
What is this nonsense ? As long as the criticism is fair, anybody can dish it. Neville has more right than most of us to speak his mind. Whether we'd agree with it or not, is another matter

In Rainbows

Every United fan knows Ronaldo has been shit this season. He is old now, and his behaviour has been appalling. He should be sold asap. I'm not debating that.

I'm saying that Roy Keane did the right thing not slagging him off in public for his performances. Its the least you should do as a former teammate and captain. Its about basic respect.
They're paid to talk about topics. You either go the way of Keane which is to be irrational and defend him in ways every fan knows is BS, or you just state things as most of the world understands reality. If there is such a thing as reputation, you're asking Neville to sacrifice his over Ronaldo's.

Either that or Ronaldo understands Neville has a job and that only in these obviously negative towards Ronaldo circumstances, will Neville not back you up over the club.

I can see why Neville did what he did and it's not only Neville that needs to protect a friendship, it's also Ronaldo that should put in effort.

Mmm-Qatarian

Feck off Ronaldo!
Feck off Ronaldooooo!
Does feck all up front!
And acts like a cnut!
Feck off Ronaldoooo!

crossy1686

career ending
Well that’s him gone then. Seems getting a contract termination during the summer didn’t work so he’s doing his best now to be a free agent going into the World Cup.

This is going to rumble on so as soon as United make a statement about it saying that he’s gone the sooner it goes away.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There’s one person I have sympathy for in all of this and it’s Sir Alex. Ronaldo is like a son to him; he’s so incredibly proud of him and he will not enjoy him acting like a cnut at the club he still loves.

Highfather_24

I won't argue about whether Keane was right or wrong. But what Keane said was putting pressure on ETH to start Ronaldo. What Garry said was to support ETH's decision to not to. Which one is better for United?

Garry for all his shit as a pundit did care about United. Keane did not.
Absolutely, United are much much better off without Ronaldo. Gary Neville was not factually wrong, he was absolutely correct.

I'm just saying that he should not have aired that out in public though. I know I would not go out and talk shit about my former teammate on TV, just because I love a football club.

Ronaldo is a piece of shit. What he said about Rooney is despicable. All I'm saying I have no respect for the likes of Neville, who have sold their soul for some media clout. And this is coming from someone who actually loved Neville as a player for his undying passion.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Keano didnt call him out though. You know why? Because Ronaldo is one of the greatest of all time, and as a fellow sports person, teammate, and former captain, you have a certain amount of respect for that person, that you will not come on live tele to slag his performances at the age of 37, just because you're a "pundit".
Which is bullshit. If something is obvious yet you don't address it, then you're in the wrong job. And that is why Keane and Rio were harshly criticized, as it was stupid

Hester_manc

I remember how impressed I was when I first saw Ronaldo in United's preseason game against Sporting. He totally destroyed Rio Ferdinand. I was so happy when we managed to buy him that summer.

So I've been following Ronaldo for many years and I've been rooting for him all the way. It ends today. Never again.

He was once the best in the world and one of the best ever. But he is not now. He is quite ordinary. He cannot live on his past merits. But he gets mad when he's treated like every other player. He will still be treated as the world star. He is out of touch with reality.

He has betrayed the club and turned his back on it with his interview, and he is fully aware of it. He cannot be part of United anymore. He has started a war with the club. What an idiot.

RedDevilQuebecois

Might not be a hot take anymore but Portugal won't make it out of the groups cuz of this guy.
Fernando Santos has about every reason to be mad at him. Two other Manchester United players are also regular members of the Portuguese National Team, and anyone must be wondering what they are thinking after that mess left by the mad king.

dal

He must know he is gone, contract termination talk that is. Serious man child. I mean he’s practically shit now anyway, needs to retire.

fallengt

What a fecking disaster signing. Woodward had done irreparable damage to this club.

When you have ABU fans defend United on this case, you know Ronaldo is a right cnut.

Highfather_24

Which is bullshit. If something is obvious yet you don't address it, then you're in the wrong job. And that is why Keane and Rio were harshly criticized, as it was stupid
Yeah, as if Gary Neville is the beacon of honesty. Everybody knows he protects british players, which is fine too. Just lets not have double standards.
They're paid to talk about topics. You either go the way of Keane which is to be irrational and defend him in ways every fan knows is BS, or you just state things as most of the world understands reality. If there is such a thing as reputation, you're asking Neville to sacrifice his over Ronaldo's.

Either that or Ronaldo understands Neville has a job and that only in these obviously negative towards Ronaldo circumstances, will Neville not back you up over the club.

I can see why Neville did what he did and it's not only Neville that needs to protect a friendship, it's also Ronaldo that should put in effort.
Lets be honest here, they dont need the money. I dont see Vidic twerking on Sky for some extra cash. If my former teammate was going on air and slagging me off just for the money...

Anyway I've said enough on the topic, and actually this should be about Ronaldo's shitty behaviour, and not Neville's antics, so I will just stop.

Gycraig

Supports
Hull
Don't be silly. People slag off their employers and bosses all of the time.
His people would have discussed questions and answers.

The club has been embarrassed by this interview and the manager will feel embarrassed too given he has been played

I think we've seen the last of Ronaldo in a United shirt now. TH can't pick him again
Pathetic from Ronaldo. Just Pathetic
Not in the media they don’t, especially when the club don’t even want them anymore but are stuck with them.

Every work contract I have ever signed or seen Has a clause regarding media/social media and bringing the company into disrepute, footballers normally get away with it Because they are worth millions of pounds and can be sold.

If United haven’t got a disrepute clause in every contact they sign with players they are morons frankly

Reactions: Cheimoon

Mwooyo

I for one am super glad that he said what he said the way he did. He said everything to never play for us again. I was worried that he would hold back on the coach and only go all in on the club....but am glad he showed his true colors to the coach as well.

Now we can stop pretending and trying to make things work with ronaldo....he can not function in a ten hag team. Period. Before the interview the club were already distancing themselves from doing business in January...we now got to do that bussiness and its for the better.

We get the chance to properly ditch ronaldo plus his crazy wages and we get to bring in someone who wants to be at manutd. We need a backup right back, fulham showed this clearly. We need to replace maguire....thats obvious too. We need 4 or 5 more new players and all we get from the club is rumours on how they wont spend more. Its crazy

Everything else he said about the facilities is true too and am glad he brought it up. At this point, the only chance in hell for the club to fix things is when they are ashamed into action. If public shame fails, then nothing else will. Either way, we now know where the blame lies.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Strelok

I'm just saying that he should not have aired that out in public though. I know I would not go out and talk shit about my former teammate on TV, just because I love a football club.
Tbf he's a pundit. If you don't want to give your opinion about players in public you shouldn't do that job. On one hand I understand your point. On the other hand I don't think Garry did anything wrong. He was simply doing his job which was saying the truth or his real thought about the matter without any agenda behind.

If Keane didn't want to slag Ronaldo fine enough. He could simply shut up and said something like I've nothing to say instead.

Real Name

So here I am last night logging here to see the reactions to a great last minute winner and this then pops out. He's been so damaging to the whole club in the last few monts, this being the top, it's incredible.

tomaldinho1

Most comical thing about this is it’s a 37 year old sub who missed pre season and has been poor every time he’s played. He’s a big name but that’s all he is now, he’s not a good footballer anymore.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
For a player to say I don't respect the manager is almost unheard. That will be the final straw, and thank god it is. He shouldn't even come back to Carrington after the world cup

Glorio

Absolutely, United are much much better off without Ronaldo. Gary Neville was not factually wrong, he was absolutely correct.

Ronaldo is a piece of shit. What he said about Rooney is despicable. All I'm saying I have no respect for the likes of Neville, who have sold their soul for some media clout. And this is coming from someone who actually loved Neville as a player for his undying passion.
Why on earth shouldn't he call out performances and attitude issues in public? Especially when said attitude (disrespect to the manager and the team) were displayed in public? He's a pundit, it's a professional gig, not mates FC.

The nonsense by Rio and Roy put the manager (I maintain our best signing since SAF left) under a lot of unnecessary pressure to start a player that was actively undermining him, and Gary was the only one to voice the truth about what a lot of fans were thinking.

Water Melon

He’s shattered the hearts of millions of United fans, always knew he’s a cnut but didn’t realise the size of the cnut he’s the master cnut. Hope Argentina wins the WC and Messi will be the GOAT.
Goals by Martinez and Garnacho would be the icing on that cake.

Luka Mora

If he truly thinks the fans are going to back him over the manager the guy is out of his mind. Should have kept his mouth shut and tried to perform.
No you will still hear viva ronaldo chants if he ever plays for us again. His legion of fanboys will always worship him. And still be queuing up at the end of the game for a wink and signature from him

SecondFig

It's all just really sad - he could easily have come back, not quite worked, and moved on - without any damage to his legacy.

Instead, he's torched his reputation with Utd fans - and for what? No elite clubs want him, the absolute best case scenario is that Sporting take him but after seeing his latest outburst I woudln't be surprised if they passed on him. I kinda hope he's stuck playing in the Middle East or for Fizzer in Miami.

Anyway - fcuk him. All the talent and ability you could want, but I'd take a Fletcher or an Ole over him any day of the week

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah, as if Gary Neville is the beacon of honesty. Everybody knows he protects british players, which is fine too. Just lets not have double standards.

Lets be honest here, they dont need the money.
I dont see Vidic twerking on Sky for some extra cash. If my former teammate was going on air and slagging me off just for the money...

Anyway I've said enough on the topic, and actually this should be about Ronaldo's shitty behaviour, and not Neville's antics, so I will just stop.
That's not for us to assume, there have been enough stories of former pros going broke for that. Who are you to assume to know the state of their finances ?

Judas

Open to offers
People getting angry at pundits are weird. As Keane would say, that's his job. If Neville held back he wouldn't be any good at the job. He holds back his love for Utd enough which seems to annoy enough on here as it is.

Bokito

He used to be a great footballer and a terrible person. But people accepted his personality and behaviour, because he was a great footballer. Now he’s not a great player anymore, and the “shit person” comes shining through in all clarity. He should piss off and start playing somewhere were has been go to play. Somewhere in the UAE, or in the MLS, for instance. I cannot see any “normal” club taking him on with his ego, the crap surrounding him and all that.

Highfather_24

He was simply doing his job which was saying the truth or his real thought about the matter without any agenda behind.
Yes, but does he really do that? But we all know Neville often has an agenda. He usually protects British players. He always protected Ole etc. Which I liked. But Neville cannot say he doesnt play the game when he needs to.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
He’s played his last match for the club, no way EtH will stand for this. Shame really, such a great player. Tw@t of a personality .

AndySmith1990

He’s shattered the hearts of millions of United fans, always knew he’s a cnut but didn’t realise the size of the cnut he’s the master cnut. Hope Argentina wins the WC and Messi will be the GOAT.
No offence but you should probably take a step back and reevaluate how you view famous people if your heart is broken by this. Ronaldo has always been a narcissistic cnut of a man. Always. I'd worry for anyone who sees this interview and is surprised by his behaviour, as it's nothing new

Secondly, Messi has always been the greatest, by some distance. Only a few dipshit United and Sporting fans ever thought any different

Status
Not open for further replies.