Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 101269

Except it isn’t needed. The stuff he’s moaning about was upgraded last year after he moaned about it which has been widely reported. Rangnick was an awful appointment but now we have ETH and after spending 220m in the summer we appear to have both the manager and basis of a squad to get back to where we want to be. The biggest issue we currently have is playing a past-it toxic egocentric cnut up top who can’t move and seems hellbent on going to war with his manager.
Then he's not wrong then is he.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
there must huge of regret that we were unable to offload him in the summer.

ETH's entire time as manager has had the Ronaldo sub-plot. The contant will he or wont he play him. When he is on the bench the camera pans to Ronaldo umpteen times thoroughout a game. Then the massive stoiry when he refused to come on as a sub and now this (an even bigger story). There have been far more written about the ETH Vs Ronaldo situation this season than any other

Would it not have been possible for them to mutually agree to cancel his contact?

The Law of Denis

He's a narcissist psychopath who can't handle that he is not the main star anymore. It's what made him great and what now makes him a toxic person who needs to go.

Withnail

Listened to a bit of that Talksport thing. What a smug twat that Piers Morgan is. He's loving the attention.

He's talking absolute shite about ten Hag as well.

Member 101269

Yes. He is wrong to go on national television for 90 minutes to shit all over the club, manager and teammates I support like the self-serving shit he is. Not sure why this needs explaining.
Where in any of my post have I said he's right to do that?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
The respect thing will be down to two things.

1) EtH didn't just thrust him into the team and felt no reason to rely on him from the bench in the early weeks.

Absolutely justified.

2) He didn't get in a photo with balloons when he hit a landmark 700 club goals.

I don't think many managers would.

I genuinely believe it is as small time and as petty as that.

Some of the wider context of the interview in respect of United as an organisation, I absolutely agree with his views. But you don't do it whilst under contract in the middle of the season. It's as simple as that and there is no other view which holds any merit...unless you're a weird fanboy of his, then you've no hope anyway.

Strelok

Would it not have been possible for them to mutually agree to cancel his contact?
Yes and this is imo what the cnut has been after. Problem is the money. United doesn't want to pay. The cnut wants to get out to be a free transfer and still get paid fully (for the time he won't work for United). What a greedy cnut.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Of course they are. He’s having a pop at the glazers. That means he’s a hero even if he shits on his entire team and manager to do it all to make the club pay him off. By Thursday the social media fan accounts will have convinced everyone he’s fecking Batman.
Total DARVO behaviour (deny, attack, and reverse victim and offender)

Denies wrong doing, blames ETH for the City decision.
Attacks / Reverses: ETH saying if you don't respect me I won't respect you.
Takes the victim role saying ETH was inconsistent with what he told him after City (bs)

Honestly all the same shit cycle from him, after Spurs some PR exercise of an apology, then he's back to the same shit with the interview.

ETH did something that people like Ronaldo just can't handle, he's been made accountable and he's squirming playing a victim role.

United will get rid of him but I don't believe United should pay off his contract.

Stevondo8

Thing is, Ronaldo will probably say a lot of things we all agree with when it comes to investing in the facilities and club structure etc.

When he starts going in on ETH though, that’s where he loses us. That just looks like someone thinking he should play every minute because he used to be great.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He's a narcissist psychopath who can't handle that he is not the main star anymore. It's what made him great and what now makes him a toxic person who needs to go.
Yup, 100% narcissist I've thought it for a while and it's interesting seeing it all play out now.

RedDevilMachine

Ronaldo basically did a Mourinho, there is no way back for him at the club anymore. He has burnt all bridges at the club. I hope all the Ronaldo fanboys also feck off too with their siu. Ronaldo going on this Piers Morgan show is like Meghan and Harry going on the Oprah show. So distasteful. Two narcissistic egomanic psychopath made for each other. Everything is all about him. He only cares about his own self-interests. Get out of the club now.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So he again refused to be with a team. Called being a sick when he heard that he is on the bench.

I hope that we will not be THAT stupid and let him leave for free (or even more stupid and give him money to leave).

Loon

:lol:
He says Ferguson agrees with him on where the club should be. I bet Ferguson does not agree with what he has done here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He says Ferguson agrees with him on where the club should be. I bet Ferguson does not agree with what he has done here.
Fergie just like Keane could never say a bad word about him unfortunately.

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
Cowardly and annoying timing for this.

The best response from the club would be to keep relatively quiet publicly, whist winning the next game emphatically and showing unity, belief and positivity for the future. Not having a game for 5 weeks means the the club is effectively defenceless through action, and the story is going to drag on all week as the interview is drip-fed and exposed over 2 episodes. A formal press release from the club or verbal response risks getting into a damaging spat of words and causing more reputational harm.

He's proper shafted us on this one, we've been left out to dry

cyberman

Taking it upon himself to speak for SAF when he has had chances to say this himself but choosing not to is every bit disgusting as his other remarks

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
From an outside perspective it feels like he has really mis-read the room here. He’s taken his legendary (historical) status at Utd and within the game itself, and combined it with fan anger at the owners, and perhaps disappointment at their current position in the league/ competing in Europe league, leaving him to think it can be him and the fans against the club. But he’s not understood that fans themselves differentiate between ‘the club’ and the current side/manger. I think this is a massive balls-up by him.

ShinjiNinja26

He’s burnt his bridges here now. He’s obviously hoping the club will just pay up the remainder of his contract and go our separate ways. He knows no one else is interested so wants a fat pay off to leave the club. The sooner he leaves the better but a part of me wants the club to hold firm and stick the cnut in the reserves for the rest of the season after this.

Havak

Pokemon master
He has to go in January as you just can't do what he has done. I don't quite get the dig at EtH as Ronaldo spat his dummy out effectively three times and was punished once. I think he is struggling to come to terms with the fact that he isn't a guaranteed starter at 37-years-old, even for a team that is nowhere near elite yet. He hasn't been good enough, he only has himself and his own ego to blame. I wouldn't be surprised if he's basically bitten his tongue after the suspension to make sure he's had a few tune up games in time for the World Cup. It's disappointing to tarnish his legacy at the club, as I still believed that him having a good World Cup could have bled into him having a good 2023 for us. He would have still had a part to play due to us being in four competitions. We're even playing Barcelona which will feel like more of a Champion's League game than a lot of the actual Champion's ties! We'll need to find a striker in January now.

However, shining light is that he is voicing concerns at how the club is being run. These are concerns that us, as passionate, lifelong Manchester United fans have raised constantly for years and been brushed aside by media and pundits as crybabies because we aren't winners anymore.. At least this is a wake up call about how inept our owners are at running a football club. Only being able to paper over cracks when we had a genius in charge with a winning mentality bedded in. They are parasites that didn't let Ronaldo leave, which on one hand is fair enough on a contractual agreement, but this is football. Players have too much power, especially the most elite ones. They did not understand the severity of the situation, or if they did, chose to ignore it in favour of selling more merchandise and having greater exposure.

Ronaldo is to blame. But the Glazers have created this circus through their own greed and incompetence. This is the end result of their ineptitude at dealing with football decisions.

Kaos

It sounds stupid but… the only quote (so far) i have a problem with is what he said about ETH. Given his reputation it can help us to put some Spotlight on The Glazers
Well that and the comments on Rooney, that and the fact he chose Piers feckin Morgan as his outlet. But otherwise I agree.

Adrian7

I don't agree with what he said about Ten Hag, but the rest you have to be too fecking ignorant to not consider, especially how the club is run !

EtH

I said it at the time. So annoyed we re-signed this cnut. We could’ve been in for Vlahovic but instead we signed up for this fecking circus. And gave him his last big contract which no one else in Europe was willing to do at the time. And then what do Juve turn around and do ? Sign Vlahovic to replace him.

Ironic for Ronaldo to complain about issues with club decisions etc as he is the worst one we have made in fecking ages.

croadyman

Thing is, Ronaldo will probably say a lot of things we all agree with when it comes to investing in the facilities and club structure etc.

When he starts going in on ETH though, that’s where he loses us. That just looks like someone thinking he should play every minute because he used to be great.
Yeah you are absolutely bang on

Status
Not open for further replies.