Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simbo

Poor lad never been in the position before where he's just not good enough.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
From an outside perspective it feels like he has really mis-read the room here. He’s taken his legendary (historical) status at Utd and within the game itself, and combined it with fan anger at the owners, and perhaps disappointment at their current position in the league/ competing in Europe league, leaving him to think it can be him and the fans against the club. But he’s not understood that fans themselves differentiate between ‘the club’ and the current side/manger. I think this is a massive balls-up by him.
He wants to be paid off. He doesn’t care about what fans think of him. Many will chant his name regardless anyway. If we accept the goal is to get out of the club then what he’s done probably isn’t a balls-up - I think we’ll cave and pay up some of his contract.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He says Ferguson agrees with him on where the club should be. I bet Ferguson does not agree with what he has done here.
It's a common tactic to give an opinion more weight. E.g. if you have an opinion that you need to push you need to add credibility to a claim so you find a figure or group to support your claim.

Obviously every fan "thinks" that United should be at the top of the pile, but a lot of the interview is just shit. It's a form of blame shifting to try and distract people from what is really happening.

The agenda is Ronaldo is a victim, and ETH has no respect for him [if only he would respect me then I would respect him back]. Then he's trying to bargain about the club standards and facilities which isn't the what the whole interview is about, it's about his shitty behaviour but as a narcy individual he needs to gaslight and bring people around to his thinking.

Every single fan and pundit knows about the under investment into the club. Neville even says about the roof of OT in every interview about the Glazers.

It's not about the facilities, it's about him having a huge drop off physically, being a passenger on the field and not even being in the top 100 players in World Football anymore.

He can start a radio show or do whatever he likes, it's not going to get him any closer to a trophy.

Ronaldo is actually screwing himself in this interview because no top club will want him.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Was out last night and missed all of this. He will never play for us again and has completely tarnished his legacy at Man Utd. He is no longer good at football and wanted to make the headlines.

ElBarto

Probably already been said but he leaves as Cristiano Markle after going to uncle piers

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
CR has been very naive - imo, he's been used by Piers Morgan who has no doubt incited much of this.

Member 101269

“It needed to be said” - or by saying it needed to be said did you actually mean it’s wrong that he said it? Interesting.
I haven't defended spoking to PM, I have defended being open about the lack evolution at united. They're different things. If as you say, it was out there anyway, being open about that shouldn't be an issue. So, why are you so angry?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I dont really have any problems with Ronaldo coming out against the club executives. Upper management should always be fair game. Taking a stab at the current manager though, is very, very, very bad.

To even air an interview like this while being part of a team is at best extremely questionable, but to disrupt the team like this is beyond shocing.

I saw someone compare this to Pogbas agent (Raiola) spewing his mouth before the Leipzig CL game... Come on now, the two examples are not in the same stratosphere

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
From an outside perspective it feels like he has really mis-read the room here. He’s taken his legendary (historical) status at Utd and within the game itself, and combined it with fan anger at the owners, and perhaps disappointment at their current position in the league/ competing in Europe league, leaving him to think it can be him and the fans against the club. But he’s not understood that fans themselves differentiate between ‘the club’ and the current side/manger. I think this is a massive balls-up by him.
it's his narcassy that makes him feel that way. His numberous fan boys, people that blow smoke up his ass 24/7.

He genuinely thinks he's still top dog, he can't understand why he's not the first name on the team sheet anymore. He probably thinks every fan adores him and would back him against the club and the manager, but reality is many of us have got no time for him anymore.
They are parasites that didn't let Ronaldo leave

Ronaldo is to blame. But the Glazers have created this circus through their own greed and incompetence. This is the end result of their ineptitude at dealing with football decisions.
Ronaldo had no acceptable offers to leave. Chelsea were in for him originally which is why he skipped pre season, but Tuchel made them drop the idea and they backed out.

Atletico were interested if we loaned him for free on full wages :lol: why on earth would we take that?. Nobody else wants him - and now he isn't scoring and showing how much of a diva he is?

suheilsworld

I want us to terminate his contract ASAP. Not after the world cup, not when the January window opens but NOW! I know there will be large semantics behind getting this done but I hope we have a damn good legal team who can get this sorted ASAP.
I also want him to get injured 5 mins in he world cup and not to see him play again. Man has lost all my respect. For me he is not a United player, forget a legend!!!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
CR has been very naive - imo, he's been used by Piers Morgan who has no doubt incited much of this.
Almost as bad as Putins generals/advisors saying "going into Ukraine is a good idea we will have it all wrapped up in a few days"

DutchCruijff

A LOT of what he is saying is right. In fact, MOST of it is right. We really do stink top to bottom.

And I do think he cares about the club.

HOWEVER, taking aim at the coach is unacceptable.

He has skipped the last two matches, stabbed the coach, who made Captain, in the back, petulant behaviour on the pitch and he has been woeful this season.

It pains me to say this, it really does. But he's gotta go in January. Zero way back.

OverratedOpinion

Ronaldo, you're fecking shite mate. Not Ten Hag's fault that you and your most fanatic groupies are incredibly slow to the party in understanding your shocking decline.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
He wants to be paid off. He doesn’t care about what fans think of him. Many will chant his name regardless anyway. If we accept the goal is to get out of the club then what he’s done probably isn’t a balls-up - I think we’ll cave and pay up some of his contract.
Do you really think so? I still think he wants to be loved by Utd fans.
That said, I think it’s safe to say he is an entirely different character me, so maybe I’m reading his actions through my own eyes and that’s leading to me just not getting him.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
A LOT of what he is saying is right. In fact, MOST of it is right. We really do stink top to bottom.

He has skipped the last two matches, stabbed the coach, who made Captain, in the back, petulant behaviour on the pitch and he has been woeful this season.

It pains me to say this, it really does. But he's gotta go in January. Zero way back.
How can you still think this? He clearly doesn't. Ronaldo only cares about himself.

Herman Toothrot

He must have hated all those Argentinian flags in the stands yesterday.
I saw a tweet saying he unfollowed Garnacho, I don't know if that's true or if he ever followed him. Doesn't sound true, but we are talking about a man with the world's thinnest skin.

suheilsworld

I want a strong statement coming out from the club to condemn this! Or will we wait for the entire interview to come out? I think we should be ahead of this and get the trolls to shut their mouth. Right now all the talk is about the explosive shit that he has spurted. It is time the club does something drastic to encounter that shit!

In Rainbows

Doubt it (the last part). Both parties want to gain from this.

Ronald Trump wants to defend his reputation.

Kostov

Pretty much spot on. The club should have got rid in the summer.
Jamie you are too nice, forgot about how he refused to come back during the summer, his agent whored him around and nobody wanted him. And add to that how appalling he has been whenever he has played.

RedIan

Ronaldo may have once been one of the best footballers the world has seen but he must have a very tiny numb brain. ok some of what he says maybe true but to come out and openly crticise your employer whilst still employed and whilst hoping another employer will take you is beyond foolish.
He is mentally unstable imo, i dont mean that in a derogative way. He must have issues.
Anyway thats him finished at the club, hopefully we get a top striker in this window.

Glorio

He has to go in January as you just can't do what he has done. I don't quite get the dig at EtH as Ronaldo spat his dummy out effectively three times and was punished once. I think he is struggling to come to terms with the fact that he isn't a guaranteed starter at 37-years-old, even for a team that is nowhere near elite yet. He hasn't been good enough, he only has himself and his own ego to blame. I wouldn't be surprised if he's basically bitten his tongue after the suspension to make sure he's had a few tune up games in time for the World Cup. It's disappointing to tarnish his legacy at the club, as I still believed that him having a good World Cup could have bled into him having a good 2023 for us. He would have still had a part to play due to us being in four competitions. We're even playing Barcelona which will feel like more of a Champion's League game than a lot of the actual Champion's ties! We'll need to find a striker in January now.

However, shining light is that he is voicing concerns at how the club is being run. These are concerns that us, as passionate, lifelong Manchester United fans have raised constantly for years and been brushed aside by media and pundits as crybabies because we aren't winners anymore.. At least this is a wake up call about how inept our owners are at running a football club. Only being able to paper over cracks when we had a genius in charge with a winning mentality bedded in. They are parasites that didn't let Ronaldo leave, which on one hand is fair enough on a contractual agreement, but this is football. Players have too much power, especially the most elite ones. They did not understand the severity of the situation, or if they did, chose to ignore it in favour of selling more merchandise and having greater exposure.

Ronaldo is to blame. But the Glazers have created this circus through their own greed and incompetence. This is the end result of their ineptitude at dealing with football decisions.
So you mean let him leave for free? He was under contract and nobody wanted to buy him. So much so they were coming out in droves to say it in public

Real Name

I saw a tweet saying he unfollowed Garnacho, I don't know if that's true or if he ever followed him. Doesn't sound true, but we are talking about a man with the world's thinnest skin.
Garnacho made a Messi celebration yesterday, maybe it lead to the unfollowing. Worst part is I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

OverratedOpinion

I think the club should consider legal actions against him and end his contract in a way we pay him nothing.
I would be very interested in hearing what type of clauses he has in his contract re "not bringing the employer into disrepute".

If there is any possibility, we should sue the ever-loving feck out of him just for the sake of it.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Garnacho made a Messi celebration yesterday, maybe it lead to the unfollowing. Worst part is I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
Ronaldo copied the same celebration, and Garnacho is Argentinian

Trex

I feel sorry for his kids and girlfriend. How can he be a good father when everything is about him.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The hilarious thing is that this isn't even prime Ronaldo anymore. It's not like we're suffering through the ego because he contributes so much to the team. he's been absolutely useless. Completely past it and seemingly, not content with stinking up the pitch every time he goes on it, wants to absolutely ruin the club and morale off of the pitch too. You have to handle it to the man, it takes a special kind of ego to be that much of a cnut.

At least it's fitting that he's doing it opposite one of the biggest cnuts on TV.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I feel sorry for his kids and girlfriend. How can he be a good father when everything is about him.
ok these comments are just stupid.

Im sure his kids and GF will be just fine

BorisManUtd

Even with things he's right he's just saying them to get fans and people in general on his side. Everyone knows that club is run poorly but that has nothing to do with Cristiano's behaviour which is out of order and has been since summer. Only those CR7 weirdo die-hard fans are deluded enough to buy his story.

Betson

Talking about it on talksport now , Souness backing Ronaldo saying ETH has let him down and treated him poorly. Jordan calling out Ronaldo and saying he should be drop kicked out of the club.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He's a full blown narcissist and not a good football player any more. But that's not what is going on here.

Tactically he's trying to skirt the line between getting sacked and getting paid off. Has he said enough to be given the boot? I guess United employment lawyers will be over this with a toothcomb when it comes out in full. My guess is it will be right on the edge, by design. This is a carefully planned operation to force his way out AND get the money.

Of course they are. He’s having a pop at the glazers. That means he’s a hero even if he shits on his entire team and manager to do it all to make the club pay him off. By Thursday the social media fan accounts will have convinced everyone he’s fecking Batman.
He’s not as smart as I imagined, which I suspected in the Summer. Stupid as feck not to have a club lined up before he starting acting the dickhead.
And now… if he’d just have focused on the Glazers and infrastructure, he’d have naive fans lapping it up as though he cares about the club.
Slagging off ETH though is stupid as feck and makes it transparent as feck that he cares not one iota about Manchester United, it’s all about him.
He has zero respect for managers and their systems, he still believes at his age the system should be built around him.
Stupid cnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.