Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

This is such a poor PR job.. No one is going to believe his bs story.. he just comes across as a pathetic crybaby..

Never playing for the club again.. so that's a huge positive.. also, will force the club to make a replacement signing in Jan..
Win - Win..

lex talionis

These quotes are a serious problem. The time has to come to part ways with Ronaldo, however that can be arranged as expeditiously as possible.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Goodbye Ronaldo. £500k a week and the club is betraying you? Whatever next?

Can’t wait until you’re gone and I hope Portugal are eliminated in the group stages. Go to America where this sort of thing is acceptable. Absolute tool and to think I looked up to you as one of the greatest players to play for us. I’d have Rooney over you every single day of the week and twice on Sunday.

alexanderplatz

The man has raised some valid points. Unfortunately his real problem is he can’t stop the passage of time. He’s managed to leave badly twice now, that’s quite the achievement.

Red_toad

:lol: This will age well.
His comments on the club not progressing since Sir Alex are very accurate. My comments will be fine don't worry, I'm not one to rush in and over react prior to actually seeing what they've said, I believe that is the correct way to conduct oneself, you don't then that's your prerogative.

Brophs

The One and Only
Presume he conducted this interview, about the club he loves, in between bouts of vomiting.

Adrian7

Well, he's not wrong about Ragnick and the state of the club, the rest is crap

BeltUp

Supports
United
Why is he doing a huge bombshell interview that will overshadow any media appearance by a Portugal player or manager this week then! fecking hell :lol:
Because guess who the spotlight will be on during the tournament?

Messi will have to willycopter around Qatar to upstage him now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wow. Well this has come to a head anyway.

The bottom line is this: he's claiming he's being pushed out when every media outlet under the sun reported that he and his camp were the ones agitating for a move this summer. So that's obvious bullshit and anyone who believes it is an idiot. On top of that, from a purely footballing POV we should want him gone.

Obviously his criticism of the club generally has a lot of merit, we all know we've been run as a shit-show. And obviously there's a need to have empathy for his family situation.

But when he blatantly lies or avoids telling the truth about being the one looking for a move during the summer, everything else becomes spin.

The positive thing is that ETH has handled this perfectly, publicly showing him so much respect that he was actually being accused of kowtowing to Ronaldo too much in recent weeks. And that has effectively given Ronaldo enough rope to hang himself, as the only United fans taking Ronaldo's side at this point are braindead.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
We signed two former teammates of his who are considered the very best in the world in their positions. :lol:

justsomebloke

Can we actually terminate his contract? Is that an actual possibility? Cause all this screams that he's trying to get it terminated
Why do him the favor? Offer him a free transfer if he can find a taker, or termination by mutual consent with no payout. If no, then just bar him from Carrington and let him sit at home collecting his paychecks, like Greenwood.

Delano

Please don't fall for his shit on "the club has stagnated". It's a very easy win so gullible fans will lap up the rest of the nonsense.

The person who knows about our stagnation, addresses it head on and actively wants to get us back to the top is - EtH. The man Ronaldo "has no respect for".

Back the manager who wants to see this club progress. Not the fallen "legend" who is actively holding this team back, whilst being deluded enough to think he isn't part of the problem.

I sympathise with his loss, I really do - but this has to end now.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Goldbridge reckons this interview was done last week, the club found out about it, then "suspended" him for the last two games (but said he was "ill")

CloneMC16

It's a shame for Bruno and Dalot, but I really hope he is complete dogshit for them at the WC. Can't stand this man. He can't accept where he is in his career. You're not that guy anymore.

Telsim

We already know all of what he's saying. Why do some fans have a need for all this negativity and toxicity? What's the point? Do you think it's easy to find buyers for Manchester United. We need to chill out and let things take its course. Having this guy causing maximum disruption is of no help to us.

I absolutely disagree we need anymore media attention. That kind of atmosphere is not sustainable.
What the fans know, think and say has proven to be completely and utterly irrelevant. Even the carebear protests outside Old Trafford are useless, because the people who should care about them simply don't. Protests are only effective if the protested care about them. And the stadium will always be full.

But Ronaldo? Yes, his opinion matters a lot more than the fans'. It's the truth. Just by saying it out loud will attract attention and put pressure. I don't really care what happens to him from now on, I want him out of the club, but what he said is very useful. There's something to be gained from all of this.

Brophs

The One and Only
To be fair the situation with his daughter does explain the pre-season thing, and rationally or otherwise he's probably been seething about that since. Then he finds himself as a bit part player for Ten Hag and being criticised in the media nearly every week for holding the team back etc. Which for someone who's been seen as one of the best players in the world for 10+ years would be difficult to process.

Plus it doesn't help having idiots like Keane telling him he's right because they still haven't gotten over their own petty gripes with the club and are now projecting them onto Ronaldo.

Not that I'm defending him as such, but the interview is likely emotional rather than rational or calculated, and when you think of it that way it does seem a bit less bonkers. I feel a bit sorry for him as it does seem a bit like a publicly broadcast mental breakdown and it obviously isn't going to help him either.

But then also he sat in a room with Piers Morgan for 90 minutes and not only didn't punch him in the mouth, but didn't manage any better than a backhanded dig at Arsenal.
It may do. I'd be interested in knowing the exact chronology, though. Why were United so doubting of their marquee player's explanation of why he couldn't train? I suspect the answer is because they were well aware he was trying to engineer a move before he told them about his daughter.

Fooza

Can't help but think the overall picture is here united will always be a circus whilst the Glazers are here. EtH repairs a lot of the damage but they have to leave. Ronaldo for me is the past, he is going to leave and then you just know they'll be more 'circus acts' in the future, and it'll be future windows.

always_hoping

Piers Morgan is some attention seeking ass. No doubt has creamed himself with this "exclusive"

stu_1992

Feck off Ronaldo with this self absorbed shite. Annoyingly he makes some good points about the club infrastructure etc, which should have been said ages ago but that'll be lost with the other shite he spewed.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
How the mighty have fallen. Crying to Piers Morgan on Talk TV.

ETH fecked up trying to bring him back onside. He won’t be fooled again hopefully. The toxic cnut can feck off for good.

Hopefully karma bites him in the arse once again.

CloneMC16

Goldbridge reckons this interview was done last week, the club found out about it, then "suspended" him for the last two games (but said he was "ill")
It was obvious when ETH was interviewed by Sky Sports before Villa. I said in the match thread that his body language made it look like he's lying.

Red Viking

There are no way back for Ronaldo at this club if the words about not respecting Erik Ten Hag is true. To say something in public while still being under contract have to be considered a major betrayal to everyone that works hard every day to get this club back to the top. He is creating unwanted drama that will do nothing good for the club and our season. Manchester United have to bin him completely and all association with him despite his stature in the football world. Ronaldo have performed outright awful this season and got more chances than he deserve, and yet he appears complete up in his own arse about it. Erik is the future for this club and CR is not so there can only be one loser here and that is the selfish prick that is Cristiano Ronaldo.

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What’s your reasonable viewpoint? It’s been patently obvious he’s been a toxic disaster ever since he arrived undermining his manager and splitting the dressing room which turned a flawed team that had just finished 2nd into a fecking mess. Or do you think the fact he disrespected Rangnick and ETH in public proves what a great professional he is behind the scenes? I particularly love his comment about us being behind Arsenal and Liverpool - two teams we finished above before this dickhead came back.
Is anything he is saying false?

It's not great to hear but we know what a state the club is in.
Why shouldn't he be saying what he is? He doesn't give a damn, he's checked out and Ten Hah doesn't care for him now, it's a broken relationship and one which Has run its course.
If you can't grasp the fact that Liverpool and Arsenal are above us in terms of club stature right now then you are blinkered.

Ronaldo is saying the hard truth that not many want to hear it seems.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I have been wanting Toney for a while and maybe his omission from the WC squad (should have gone) will tell him he has to be at a big club to really get recognition.
Absolutely, if we bid he’s going to ask to leave. This is the time to go in, he’ll know the only way into the England squad is to be banging those goals in for United and playing in Europe. I could see him having an Andy Cole level impact.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Feels wrong to be bringing in his daughter to all this. Horrible to say it but something doesn’t sit right with me on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.