Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Fledged

The majority of posters who are slating Ronaldo will come back to this thread in a year and say he was right all along. He shouldn't come out and say it but we all know there are still huge problems at the club. He was spot on about Rangnick last year (even though he shouldn't be speaking publicly)
We all know there are that doesn't stop him from being a cnut.

Whiteside '85

It shows that Ten Hag has been ruthless. Maybe Ronnie has been blindsided at just how ruthless great timing from the young fella though

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
The majority of posters who are slating Ronaldo will come back to this thread in a year and say he was right all along. He shouldn't come out and say it but we all know there are still huge problems at the club. He was spot on about Rangnick last year (even though he shouldn't be speaking publicly)
Dunno if you're reading this thread, but it's clear and obvious many agree with many of his sentiments.

You just don't air your dirty laundry in public when the organisation is still paying you half a million a week, and the more pertinent point here is he's gone for the new, permanent long-term manager who is highly regarded by the fans right now.

All Ronaldo has achieved is making himself look like a narcissist.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's hardly new information.

the_cliff

no
You can tell it was Greenwood. Greenwood did not like Ronaldo at all.

On a separate note I find it funny that last season Ronaldo and Maguire were basically pointing the finger at each other about who the problems were. Turns out it was both of them.

Renegade

Dude is talking 100% facts don’t know why people are so mad over hearing the truth.
People only seem to be bothered about the ETH stuff and the timing. I haven’t seen one person say what his saying about the glazers/club isn’t true so who’s your statement directed at?

Unless you agree that the club weren’t emphatic during his tragedy & his ETH comments.

in my opinion his dropped the club stuff in to get gullible fans on side. His main problem is the club army revolving everything around him.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Based on everything we've seen, how can it be true? Ronaldo was given all of pre-season off and we were told it was for "personal reasons". That doesn't tally with a "lack of sympathy".
Granted we don’t know what was going on behind the scenes. Their is clearly a lot more to this story.

After just losing a child I don’t see him or anyone lying about the health of an infant…especially after just losing one a couple of months before.

As for what he said about the club, about Ole, about Ralf…correct.

Chief123

I’d like nothing more in the transfer window for this clown to sign for someone like Chelsea. It would be brilliant to be rid of him and then be able to enjoy the circus he brings with him at a rival club. Really hope he has a transfer already lined up.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You can tell it was Greenwood. Greenwood did not like Ronaldo at all.

On a separate note I find it funny that last season Ronaldo and Maguire were basically pointing the finger at each other about who the problems were. Turns out it was both of them.
Battle of the psychopaths

Djemba-Djemba

Granted we don’t know what was going on behind the scenes. Their is clearly a lot more to this story.

After just losing a child I don’t see him or anyone lying about the health of an infant…especially after just losing one a couple of months before.

What about him slagging off ETH?

He's been fecking diabolical all season and ETH has done nothing but treat him with respect.

OleGunnar20

Every club he’s been to he’s been acting like that South Park episode where Satan doesnt get his super sweet 16 ferrari cake
This is so spot on :lol:

The guys finished at the top level and knows it, so his ego goes into self destruct mode.

For the love of God make an example and get rid of him. Who cares if it costs a few Mill, just set a fecking precedent that this shite cannot stand.

BlueHaze

Not even sure what to say about this... He goes to PIERS MORGAN out of everyone and cries about everything. It actually couldn't be more fitting that the interview was made by him, the two cnuts are perfect together.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I wouldn't want him near the first team. If he can badmouth the club openly, he will tell the players to leave immediately if he has the chance. It is good to learn the facilities are run down. Only blame game is Glazer for hiring poor managers who burn million of dollars. I hope ETH turns this around and someone buys Utd.

Chairman Steve

I’d like nothing more in the transfer window for this clown to sign for someone like Chelsea. It would be brilliant to be rid of him and then be able to enjoy the circus he brings with him at a rival club. Really hope he has a transfer already lined up.
I was hoping he had a club lined up in the summer when he essentially went on strike, because he’d look stupid if he didn‘t :nervous:

tjb

He’s right in many parts but that’s the way he is manipulating the situation to gain support for his own selfish motives, appalling behaviour, and appalling comments about the manager.

Yes the club is run by inferior people. Yes the club has stagnated. Yes the Glazers haven’t invested in the clubs infrastructure and training ground. So he says what he knows the fans will agree with, but he himself would not care about if he was starting every match.

But on the football side his been the knob this year. He was the one who wanted to leave and found out no team wanted him. He was the one disrespecting the club, manager and players by walking out of match’s, not once but twice. And quite frankly his comment about Ten Hag are ridiculous, ETH is the best thing to happen to United since SAF retired and ETH has given him chances but he didn’t take them.
I don't even agree with that. How in any way does improving a jacuzzi or pool relate to performance on the pitch. We let go of the old CEO, brought in new people, brought in a modern manager,have brought in a boatload of new signings and are actually renovating the training facilities. Arsenal have had bigger issues with their owners than we have had over the last few years. I get that some fans always like lapping up anything negative towards the club, but it's clear he's only saying this for his own agenda.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
THere's no hope for him if he can't see the massive progress under ETH. I mean, he can still make a good point (to get fans on his side) about club being mismanaged but should never take fans as fools.

He underestimated how much love fans have for ETH.

Chief123

Dude is talking 100% facts don’t know why people are so mad over hearing the truth.
Well a player currently at your club to come out with comments saying he doesn’t respect the current manager is completely unacceptable. The fact you’re confused why people are getting mad over it is baffling.

RORY65

He's not a good player anymore and he's a totally odious wrong 'un as a person, the fact that the club brought him back in the first place shows that they're incompetent. However he's completely unprofessional and delusional about his faded qualities as a player, he doesn't give a shit about the club's issues but just about padding his own stats and having things revolve around him (even though doing that is harmful to the team).

Lost bear

This is hilarious stuff. The guy is literally insane.
Yeah. When people treat celebrities as Gods, they do tend to lose it. An industry of nutters surrounds him, perpetually reflecting his godhood, while he earns millions from his past reputation, believing he is indeed God.

Its hardly a state of affairs conducive to mental health, which derives from a decent relationship with reality. Christiano has indeed lost the plot.

Djemba-Djemba

I don't know if maybe some of the non English Utd fans aren't aware of who Piers Morgan is and so don't see why it's so horrible he's agreed to be interviewed by him.

Morgan is a horrible toxic journalist/presenter who works for a horrible right wing TV channel.

Zoo

It’s pretty tragic how deluded he is coming across. His performances have been diabolical this season. Nobody wanted him in the summer.

Red00012

He said lack of empathy around the death of his daughter. But then he says when he came back late for preseason because his daughter was in hospital he felt like they doubted his reasons for not coming back .

OT_United

Surely this interview could do some good? Glazers will be fuming they've been exposed by the best, stock price surely will be affected, ETH's authority goes up

Drifter

American
What he says about the club is true. But he knew what he was getting into and promised to help the team

Chief123

I was hoping he had a club lined up in the summer when he essentially went on strike, because he’d look stupid if he didn‘t :nervous:
Releasing this interview suggests he finally has a club willing to take him as he knows there’s no way he can play for the club again after this. I just hope that club is chelsea. It would be such a chelsea and Boehly type signing. Auba and Ronaldo in the same club would be a lovely combo.

MoskvaRed

In his first stint, the best player I have ever seen at United. And now, in terms of output versus wages, probably the worst. One final ridiculous decision of the Woodward regime.

C'est Moi Cantona

He's done us a favour, ETH can stop pretending now, and the club will have no choice but to get rid, they'll also have to a get a replacement in pronto.

Shame they'll be no appetite to listen to the bit where he talks about the clubs facilities been the same as it was when he was here first time around, but happy he's hit the self destruct button all the same.

el3mel

I actually thought the thread title was fake or a joke for memes. Turns out it's fecking true? Absolutely ridiculous. He has burnt all bridges with the club with such pointless act.

I can't believe a guy with such fame and money is still a crybaby at 38 years old. He will never change. One of the best players in history but extremely unlikable character when you stop and look at his personality. It's all about himself and himself only.

Sell the feck out of him in Jan. If he ends up staying he should never touch a ball till the end of the season. He literally insulted the manager, the manager shouldn't allow such player to be part of the team.

It's really a shame but this season has hurt his legacy a ton at the club.

Marwood

It doesn't have to be new information. Ralf was treated like a hero by some for saying similar things.
I remember Ralf praising the non playing staff. The medical department, training facilities. All he had was good things to say in that regard. He just said we needed a lot of new players. That's the bit everybody agreed with.

Ronaldo is like many footballers. He likes the managers who pick him and dislikes those who don't. It's all self interest.

The way he's going about this though, what a disaster.

And I'm someone who thought the reaction to his previous messing about was over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.