Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
We have played a lot better when he is not in the squad. Rip up his contract for gross misconduct and let him go wherever he wants.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
This interview is Ronaldo's "get rid of me plea to the club." If I was incharge, I'd tell him to buy out his contract otherwise he is just frozen out. Once his contract is over, he can feck off to wherever.

He mentions in the interview that Madrid treated him like a king. Truth is that even there, he said they disrespected him because they did not increase his salary.

And to made matters worse, Real Madrid's success has continued without him while he has failed at Juve and at United.

In addition two of his teammates have won the ballon d'or since he left. To this day, he has not congratulated Benzema showing how petty and selfish he is.
And Messi has won the 2 other Ballon D'Ors

Robertd0803

Thing is, Ronaldo will probably say a lot of things we all agree with when it comes to investing in the facilities and club structure etc.

When he starts going in on ETH though, that’s where he loses us. That just looks like someone thinking he should play every minute because he used to be great.
Exactly this.

And of all people to do the interview with, that pond scum Piers Morgan.

Its not going to happen but we should all refuse to watch the video, (or at the very least 1 person watch and transcribe the whole thing) so they dont get any views or revenue from it.

Time for both parties to just call it quits and mutually agree to cancel his contract and leave him as a free agent. Dont pay him off.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
You'd have to be pretty thick to bag your manager and your current club which also leads me to believe Ronaldo will leave United in January and that it has already been agreed that is what will happen. If it hasn't already been agreed that he'll leave United in January, it will be now.

United is the one club that I think truly loved him and when he leaves, it'll be a case of ''good riddance''. I suppose that's what happens when you act like an egotistical wanker.

Sara125

I can imagine Ten Hag and co. standing together watching the clips like the Breaking Bad confession scene when Hank and the Mrs look at each other in confusion as Walter lies through his teeth for 5 or so minutes

Lee565

How i would laugh my ass off if he was to go to arsenal and obviously destroy the harmony in the team and derail their season and watch piers blame arteta whilst worshipping a misfiring Ronaldo, it would be twice that ronaldo would be doing man City a favour

Also he moans about ragnick but it was him that undermined ole and threw a tantrum about glazers potentially hiring conte so he should go f himself with this bs

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Still boggles my mind he was captain last week

RedRoach

Interesting if true. It looks like the players and Ten Hag were already preparing for life post-Ronaldo for a while now.

I wonder how Bruno and Dalot are going to handle this with having to participate in the WC with Ronaldo in the same side knowing he has has completely slaughtered the club publicly.

phepheshane

I wonder if he actually sat down with Mr Ten Hag and mentioned that he felt he wasn't supported enough with regards to his child falling ill and being hospitalised. I hope he hasn't been internalising it because that cannot be healthy for your state of mind as well. My personal opinion is that he should have sat down with whoever is in charge and shared his concerns first. Oh well...

youngrell

At least we can now stop hearing about EtH being forced to play Ronaldo in recent weeks. As expected, as soon as Martial is back to fitness he is ill and then this. So predictable.

Telsim

I'm quite curious to hear what Portuguese people think about this, particularly in regards to the World Cup? Do they think he should start in their NT, ahead of Silva and Joao Felix? I think they have a good team and could do a deep run into the World Cup.

MrEleson

This interview is Ronaldo's "get rid of me plea to the club." If I was incharge, I'd tell him to buy out his contract otherwise he is just frozen out. Once his contract is over, he can feck off to wherever.

He mentions in the interview that Madrid treated him like a king. Truth is that even there, he said they disrespected him because they did not increase his salary.

And to made matters worse, Real Madrid's success has continued without him while he has failed at Juve and at United.

In addition two of his teammates have won the ballon d'or since he left. To this day, he has not congratulated Benzema showing how petty and selfish he is.
He didn’t say that. That quote was proven to be fake.

But not congratulating Benzema however was very small time.

Bestietom

He needs to be out of this club now. It all has to be about him. He was a great player but he is now a big sulk.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Fact remains that it is going to be hard for Ronaldo to find a team in January. He knows that. It won't stop him from doing this interview. Now the ball is in our court, what do we do?

There are a few options:
-We/Mendes find a buyer.
-We terminate Ronaldo's contract on grounds of him breaching it. Grounds? Walking off, claiming to be sick for our last game when he wasn't, acting to hurt the Club's reputation.
-We mutually agree with Ronaldo to terminate his contract. This can include us paying him of partly or fully.
-We "keep him" (i.e. we fail to sell him and his contract is not terminated). This leaves four options:
(a) We go on with him on the squad, let him train with the club and play when needed.
(b) We remove him from training with the big club and let him train with the youth team or whatever. Ronaldo gets paid if he reports, he doesn't get paid if he doesn't.
(c) We suspend him for as long as it is possible, the reminder of his contract (would that be possible? I am not sure if our suspension/fining options are limited in the contracts).
(d) Ronaldo refuses to report after the WC, and sits out until his contract runs out.

From our perspective, I am sure that we want to get out of his contract, and rather quickly at that, so that we can replace him in January. That does complicates things. It would be really easy for us to go, Ronaldo passed the line here, we will sell him if we can, if we can't sell him he is off the team, he can show up at Carrington and put in the hours between 08.00 and 17.00 training by himself or with the youths if he wants to, in which case he will be paid, or he may opt to not do so in which case he won't be paid. Ronaldo would never report and effectively he is of the books. But in this case nothing is ever settled before the January window closes.

Is there enough grounds for us to terminate the contract? I don't know. I think there is. But I don't know how much of a hassle it would be. If there are any risks. If there are any set procedures to go through.

Personally, I wonder if its not just best to flat out terminate the contract. Be proactive with the press, say that we assume that this is what both parties want. Ronaldo clearly doesn't want to be here, so we recon its a mere formality for us to terminate the contract. Give him the WC to audition for a new contract with a CL team. We would probably end up playing parts of his salary after a settlement for wrongful termination, which we would never hear about since its to be settled and confirmed by an arbitration board covered by confidentiality. Ronaldo gets a new contract somewhere in January, if he is free he is free. Someone would pick him up. Just for the sale of jersey's alone. Ronaldo's damages is the difference between what he makes at his new club and what he would have made here. He is going to get a hefty salary at his new club for sure. A third or half of what he made here? Our settlement with him would at worst be what, 50% of the damages? That is like 25% of his salary. We should be able to count on 75% of his contract being available to sign a new striker in January. Like a Depay on loan or whatever to back-up Martial. From a financials point of view -- we own the initiative if we terminate Ronaldo's contract. If we claim that we have legit grounds for it, we can put it "below the line", i.e. we recognize that there is a risk for us to pay damages, but his contract comes directly off the books, at least until a potential settlement is reached.

Last edited:

pjaya

Hope he rot in Qatar for all I care
Make sure he won’t return to Old Trafford

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Genuinely don’t know where he ends up in January. Not many clubs seem plausible

Status
Not open for further replies.