Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
When and where did I try to do that? :lol:

Now you're just making things up :houllier:

This was from my original post:

I'm just offering my viewpoint as to why he is doing what he is doing. He has angered me more in the past with his antics and as I repeated many times, I'm past that stage. Just my own opinion and feelings shared.

Its amazing what Ronaldo does to people. Its incredibly polarising and I have to say I tried to avoid most of the Ronaldo vs Messi threads in the past for precisely this reason.
Everyone knows why he is doing it ffs.

Here, 'despise' was your word, I just paraphrased you, the you have a go at me for despising him. You're tedious and it turns out you have nothing to say.

Nobody said he wasn't a twat.

He used to be our twat.

Now we all despise him.

RedDevil-85

What a bellend.
I wanted Ronaldo gone in the summer when his agent whored him around Europe.
That stunt was bad enough, what he has done since then is way worse and this interview is the last straw.

"I dont respect Ten Hag cause he doesnt respect me" quote is really pissing me off.
Ten Hag has been nothing but respectful since day 1 prasing him in the media again and again, giving Ronaldo chance after chance even made him captain couple of weeks ago and Ronaldo pays him back by doing this shitty needless fecking interview.

A fecking backstabber is what he is and i cant stand people like that.

I want him out in January, dont care how it happens. Tear up his contract , pay him off whatever just get the scumbag out.

Huddsred

I'm fully behind Ten Haag and the club here. The only reason the Toxic One feels betrayed is because he's not used to someone who will stand up to his childish tantrums. Feck him.

cyberman

More to come tonight

I dont think anybody actually cares about his opinion on the Glazers. This isn’t a big story as Piers is making it seem.
We all know what they are and we don’t need Glazer dog whistles trying to justify the rest of this rant

RedDevil@84

Yeah someone self serving like Ronaldo who isn't good enough to even start for us. It's important to take into the view of qualified people trying to make things better - like ETH rather than people like Ronaldo who add to our list of issues.
People who are friends with the club aren't going to shit talk about the club, however bad the condition is. Managers and ex-managers sign some kind of NDA as well (as per rumours).
That doesn't mean that we are accepting his rant as some kind of excuse to how he has behaved or played. Two things can exist at the same time.
He is done at the club.

Chief123

Hang on has this interview actually aired yet?
You’ve been laughing at people posting over 50 pages yet you are still clueless as to whether it’s been aired yet. What on earth have you been following?

mu4c_20le

I'm fully behind Ten Haag and the club here. The only reason the Toxic One feels betrayed is because he's not used to someone who will stand up to his childish tantrums. Feck him.
Yeah, we're very well run until he came along. nice one.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Based on the statement and the brief via sky, it's clear and obvious the club want to sack him...but presumably without incurring any cost.

You'd think in a standard contract at an organisation like United, an interview of that style would go against some part of the agreement...but who knows what he signed with the idiots we had in charge of affairs at the time he signed!

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
It's absolutely clear. The one's who don't get fans being upset or taking the piss, are partly / fully entrenched in the culture of player worship to the extent where they don't actually see the club as being above all.
That woud be logical but are people really that cowardly? It is happening quite a lot on here lately. Rather than engage or argue with an opinion, they to to undermine the premise of the opinion and shout things like triggered and fake outrage and hypocrisy. It's tedious.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Completely agree.

Unless he goes to a team that is comprehensively the best in its league, meaning he doesn't have to do any kind of off the ball work, where does he fit?

Nobody in Europe plays like he wants to play. Nobody in Europe has the other 10 players doing all the work for 1 man. Haaland sometimes doesn't have many touches of the ball. However, Pep expects him to be constantly on the move to make his system work.

In the summer Ronado wanted Bayern. Just look at Choupo-Moting's stats on FBREF. For tackles Choupo-Moting is in the 95th percentile, for interceptions the 83rd percentile, for blocks the 74th percentile. Does anyone believe Ronaldo could function in Nagelsmann's system?

At the top of European football there's nowhere obvious he can go to be a goal hanger, which is clearly what he wants. At his age he knows he doesn't have the stamina to do what elite teams need their forwards to do, yet he still wants to play for an elite side. Its very strange.
Even Haaland has to defend space and block passing lanes. If he wants a top club where he can just stand still till the ball gets to him, he's wasting his time.

Chief123

Yeah. Bloody disaster. All these signings and the club patting themselves on the back on getting one over on City. Thank god Woodward has gone.
I don’t think I’ll ever forget woodwards interview about signing Schweinsteiger. He was so smug like he had just conquered the world.

DevilRed

Everyone knows why he is doing it ffs.

Here, 'despise' was your word, I just paraphrased you, the you have a go at me for despising him. You're tedious and it turns out you have nothing to say.
Everyone knows what he is doing, but Is it ok if I share my opinion on it Moses? I thought that was the point of this thread?

I'm honestly not even sure what you're getting on about with my case...

Never have I stopped anyone from venting, which is what seems to be your problem with me at the moment.

I think you've just got yourself all twisted up over this interview and its completely blinded you from any objective discussion.

If you look back at my original post, the bulk of my grieveances was on the future of the club and its infrastructure/youth. I literally wrote one line about Ronaldo himself..:confused:

I was more interested that Ronaldo spilled the beans in a very direct manner about the inner situation of our club, rather than any tit for tat he might have with the manager.

Robertd0803

The fact we have even needed to release a statement is an indication of how big a shitshow this has/will become.

Thanks Ronnie.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's a really tough one for Man United. One the one hand they'll want to get rid asap, sacking him for breach of contract (or something similar). On the other hand, they'd exactly what Ronaldo wants them to do and why he's done this interview.
If what's best for us is also best for him, it doesn't really matter. There's no point cutting our noses off. I think most people just want him gone.

DevilRed

If what's best for us is also best for him, it doesn't really matter. There's no point cutting our noses off. I think most people just want him gone.
He should have been gone in the summer ffs!!!

Except his agent failed miserably at finding him a club.

the_cliff

Piers is milking this. Releasing quotes every 6 hours, appearing on talk shows, doing radio interviews, releasing snippets and teasers until Wednesday.

You'd think he just released an album. :lol:

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Everyone knows what he is doing, but Is it ok if I share my opinion on it? I thought that was the point of this thread?

I'm honestly not even sure what you're getting on about with my case...

Never have I stopped anyone from venting, which is what seems to be your problem with me at the moment.

I think you've just got yourself all twisted up over this interview and its completely blinded you from any objective discussion.

If you look back at my original post, the bulk of my grieveances was on the future of the club and its infrastructure/youth. I literally wrote one line about Ronaldo himself..:confused:

I was more interested that Ronaldo spilled the beans in a very direct manner about the inner situation of our club, rather than any tit for tat he might have with the manager.

Nah, the interview doesn't interest me beyond him attacking the manager and being a man child.

And you couldn't believe people were angry which is why I engaged, you and wanted us to read between the lines or some such nonsense. I have to keep an eye out for people trying to derail threads with nonsense, that's the only reason I engaged.

Enjoy your day.

mu4c_20le

Hope we can sue him. Nothing pisses off the fecker than his money being taken away. That is how he fought with Real Madrid.
It was because they didnt back him enough when the govt went after him for taxes, IIRC. Still more about ego than money.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's a really tough one for Man United. One the one hand they'll want to get rid asap, sacking him for breach of contract (or something similar). On the other hand, they'd exactly what Ronaldo wants them to do and why he's done this interview.
If both parties want the same thing, how can it be a tough one?

Chief123

As I said before, far past the stage of anger.

Everybody with half a brain saw this coming.

He tried to force a way out in the summer. Now he is forcing a way out in January and is using any means necessary.
Just because people saw it coming, do you expect everyone to take whatever he says with a pinch of salt and not react? Surely you can see it’s going to warrant a reaction.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'd be so tempted to keep him until the end of his contract. We aren't going to find a buyer so stuff him. Let him rot in the reserves and fine him if he doesn't show up.

Roy Keane was in the wrong too but he genuinely cared albeit misguidedly.
Ronaldo just is upset about his image so stuff him
let him pay off his own contract or at least part of it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's a shame this came out after Elon stopped the 8 dollar twitter verification.

I reckon we would've gotten some proper fake gems today

JeffFromHK

So Piers Morgan has tweeted like 425 times about the interview. What a joke.
I always doubt whether Piers Morgan really wholeheartedly admired Ronaldo, or he just bootlick Ronaldo until Ronaldo accepts to get interviewed by him so that he can be more famous (Piers Morgan is nobody outside UK).

As a United fan I can never imagine myself being a Henry or Gerrard, Drogba fanboy, no matter how great they are as player

Status
Not open for further replies.