Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Stop putting words in my mouth Jorge Mendes please.

If Ronaldo told you the earth was flat you would believe him.
There MUST be a reason Ronaldo feels that way. He wouldn't just do it for no reason.

MUFC OK

Because his actions betray his “I care for the club” words .
So it must be a pandering then. You'll believe what you want. You are right though, this interview and saga as a whole are not good for the club.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Ronaldo would have known about the inclement negative implications of what he was saying, no doubt. Total debacle.
Thing is, I don’t think he does. I reckon he’s been set up here by Piers and he’s too stupid or naive to realise the ramifications of what he’s done.

Thing is he’s not just ostracising himself from the current coach and playing staff, it’s everybody associated at United from the Glazers to Fergie.

Irwin99

An unbiased timeline of events would be interesting: he seemed to cry on the last home game of last season as if he was saying goodbye and he wanted out when we missed out on top 4 and then you have the transfer request in the summer, the whole 'the king returns' tweet, the leaving early thing, the poor form, the Spurs issue and now this.

What a weird end.

El Zoido

Truly are made for each other :lol:

That bellend Piers spoonfeeds the answers he's trying to draw out

Daft clown :rolleyes:
He’s a professional shit-stirrer, he’s made a career out of it. Ronaldo’s been stitched up a bit here, not that I want to absolve him for any of this since he’s clearly absolutely deluded.

Morgan knows how to generate drama from very little, and Ronaldo gave him more than enough. Reckon he’ll regret ever doing this interview, he’d have got his move without it. This has been damaging to his reputation in the wider football world, not just with United. I get the feeling he didn’t anticipate how poorly this’d be recieved, perhaps having the likes of Roy Keane blowing smoke up your arse nonstop gives you a false perspective on reality.

L1nk

Don't hear 'Legends' of Liverpool etc digging out their players or former teammates. It's a united thing.
Nobody is 'digging out' anyone. The reason you don't hear 'Legends' of Liverpool 'digging out' their players or former teammates is because nobody gives a feck. Everybody wants to hear about Manchester United and Ronaldo that's a fact, particularly now. Besides, how many times have our former players defended our current players and manager to the absolute death because they are mates? Just look at when Ole was our manager. You think Rooney is just going around mentioning Ronaldo off the cuff randomly? No it's because he's constantly asked about the team and Ronaldo so of course he's going to answer the questions about it. Alot of you people, including Ronaldo, are so damn soft that you think a little bit of criticism (justifiable criticism) means Ronaldo is vindicated of everything and such. You Ronaldo fanboys are so weird and I cannot wait to be rid of you when he leaves the club.

I'm glad Ronaldo has said something about the Glazers but if you cannot see he is doing it from his own selfish point of view then you are truly blind.

Gazza

Thing is, I don’t think he does. I reckon he’s been set up here by Piers and he’s too stupid or naive to realise the ramifications of what he’s done.

Thing is he’s not just ostracising himself from the current coach and playing staff, it’s everybody associated at United from the Glazers to Fergie.
Well, leaving aside that I really just wanted to add Sopranos memes to @sullydnl's post :) , I think he absolutely did know. 1) He has a PR agency behind him that plans this stuff out meticulously. 2) Everyone knows Piers Morgan and the type of product he likes to put out. 3) The content of the interview would have been cleared beforehand AND he would have had final say on the final edit. Ronaldo is stupid because he doesn't care about his standing in the eyes of United fans when it's in his best interests to do so (they will - or rather, would have been - the ones singing his name long after he retires). He does not care about any of that imo - he'll never step foot in Manchester again after he leaves for good, why should he? He cares about Fergie but not close to how much he cares about himself and he knows father Fergie will always have a soft spot for him anyway.

Chairman Steve

This dragged out interview has been pretty low energy so far, just like his performances this season.

’Glazers bad’ Thank you for your keen insight there.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Well, leaving aside that I really just wanted to add Sopranos memes to @sullydnl's post :) , I think he absolutely did know. 1) He has a PR agency behind him that plans this stuff out meticulously. 2) Everyone knows Piers Morgan and the type of product he likes to put out. 3) The content of the interview would have been cleared beforehand AND he would have had final say on the final edit. Ronaldo is stupid because he doesn't care about his standing in the eyes of United fans when it's in his best interests to do so (they will - or rather, would have been - the ones singing his name long after he retires). He does not care about any of that imo - he'll never step foot in Manchester again after he leaves for good, why should he? He cares about Fergie but not close to how much he cares about himself and he knows father Fergie will always have a soft spot for him anyway.
Always with the scenarios this one.

Witchking

Is it wrong that I’m starting to feel sorry for the guy.

He comes across as genuinely upset in that interview and even though he has no right to be, that is his reality.

The reaction Bruno gave in that clip above was fully justified, but seeing Ronaldo’s reaction is painful - the guy is so deluded he probably thought Bruno would greet him like a hero.

Shades of Mourinho, can’t stand his twattish antics but can’t help but pity the guy when actual reality starts to permeate his bubble.
Yup, the Bruno handshake was brutal to see. Starting to feel sorry for a multi-millionare.:(

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

holy shit he really said that :lol:
I don't think what he said in this clip was bad. This is actually one I think is misconstrued.

He said maybe Rooney is jealous he retired in his early 30s and Ronaldo (he) is still playing at 38. The context of "I look better than him" is actually, his physical form at 38 still playing. In the context he said it it has a much different message.

He said Gary Neville and Rooney maybe need to use his name to get more famous, but Neville is a pundit.

Yes they shared a dressing room with him but they're legends of the club. If Ronaldo was in great form they'd say it, if he's playing shit they will say that too.

What Ronaldo does need to realise is that Rooney and Neville gave their life to United, they want to see United be successful and Ronaldo is a big part of current problems.

amolbhatia50k

Don't hear 'Legends' of Liverpool etc digging out their players or former teammates. It's a united thing.
It's called putting the club first - as it always should be. Rooney has the balls to do that when he comments. Besides he's an actual legend and not a 'legend' like Ronaldo.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
In about 6 months' time, people will have forgotten about all this and will be singing his name again at OT. That's the era we live in.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Definitely. Insane wealth and being told your the greatest in your field has led to an insane ego that has turned him into an absolute weirdo.
Michael kinda WAS and still is the greatest pop star ever. Though people who actually knew him said he was not egotistical.

amolbhatia50k

holy shit he really said that :lol:
He really is deluded. Rooney and Neville needing to criticism him to get famous :lol: Yeah so I think they're seeing you perform / behave like shit and calling it out. Maybe that has something to do with it?

RedTiger

Half mast
How was that overstepping? The comments on Keane were a response to Keane defending Ronaldo for being unprofessional. There was nothing wrong with what he said. Ronaldo has not responded to the points Rooney made, instead chose to go after him for being retired and getting a bit tubby.

Also, you call it a lack of loyalty to Ronaldo (which is just silly) but it could be argued he is showing loyalty to the club he represented for about 13 years.
Thanks for saving me a long reply to the other post.

goalscholes

If he had said everything but the ten Hag bit, I’d forgive him. Lots of the rest of it is true.

InfiniteBoredom

In about 6 months' time, people will have forgotten about all this and will be singing his name again at OT. That's the era we live in.
Nah, there is a large contingent of fans who were done with him after the first time he left us, and there are those who were hurt but clung still to the notion that he cared about the club but Madrid's pull was irresistible. He's done his best to shatter that illusion, bar a small minority who were so anti Glazer that they'd eat up his PR, I doubt fans, whether matchgoing or overseas, would have any time left for him.

Perez's comments about him has never been so apt. Imagine being that thick, that deluded, that you burned your bridges with 2 of the most illustrious fan bases in the world, of clubs that made up the bulk of your claim to fame.

amolbhatia50k

If he had said everything but the ten Hag bit, I’d forgive him. Lots of the rest of it is true.
Everyone knows about the other stuff. He's just using that to 'win' the argument and further his victim card. It's because we are an over the hill football club that we signed an over the hill star. He knew about it and it suited him then whereas now that he's not good enough to start it becomes important to mention.

Greck

Rooney overstepped the mark in his criticism recently. Saying Keane wouldn’t stand for certain antics etc. It was a lack of loyalty to a former teammate which is fine, he doesn’t necessarily owe anything but can’t be surprised when Ronaldo snaps back there. Especially when the younger Rooney has been retired for several years.
Not sure if serious, in fact, pray not serious. Were there not actions from Ronaldo that prompted those comments? Like walking out of a game or disrespecting the manager? No wonder he was deluded enough to think this was a good idea, when fans always scrub their memory of his own share of the blame. We aren't even a couple weeks removed from the sub incident and people are convincing him he's being persecuted.

Edwards6

Nah, there is a large contingent of fans who were done with him after the first time he left us, and there are those who were hurt but clung still to the notion that he cared about the club but Madrid's pull was irresistible. He's done his best to shatter that illusion, bar a small minority who were so anti Glazer that they'd eat up his PR, I doubt fans, whether matchgoing or overseas, would have any time left for him.

Perez's comments about him has never been so apt. Imagine being that thick, that deluded, that you burned your bridges with 2 of the most illustrious fan bases in the world, of clubs that made up the bulk of your claim to fame.
Just had the argument with a so called United fan about 2008 when Ronaldo said we treated him like a slave because we stopped him going to Madrid, Apparently that was Sir Alex's fault because he always had a problem letting big players leave.
Whatever Ronaldo does some fans will find an excuse and stick up for him. I just want him gone ASAP

tjb

See this is where I call BS.
If you can come out and say all this. How can you then come out and say not specify what things in the club are stopping it from getting to that level. He's already thrown names, so what's stopping him from being more specific.

alexthelion

If I had acted like this at work I'd be out the door quicker than saying Gross Misconduct.

tjb

That's truly revealing.
Also this definitely reeks of something someone told him to say.
Also they give all the power to president and sports director. :lol:
I'm reading more into this.
He's a Woodward signing. I'm not sure Arnold or Murtough wanted him. He has grief with them, which is why he even mentions the Glazers.
He's essentially saying they aren't coming in to step in for me.
Ironically, I'm ok with the Glazers not caring, as long as Arnold and Murtough are given the backing and money to make things happen.
Them caring would be like Boehly at Chelsea, that's not good.

FriedClams

Have to say, I prefer this type of honesty in an interview to the usual “it was a great team performance, we achieved our objectives and we move on to the next game”

Status
Not open for further replies.