Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Can @MUFC OK get his name changed to Ronaldo OK or something? Seems to support Ronaldo more than the club in his name.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is very sad to see some the comments here slating Ronaldo. People have short memories and forget everything he did for this club. He became the best player in the world while he was with us which we have never seen happen with any prem team. Without him we most likely would of never had the success we did back in 2007-2009.

He is frustrated , sure he not the player he once was, he has very high standards and he must be very disappointed to see the club ran in the state It is.

He loves United and he is exposing the glazers, the lack of investment , the lack of sporting project. We needed somebody to do this and expose the glazers for who they are.

This doesn’t look like it going end well but hopefully he does expose the people running our club and we get closer to them selling which we all want.

Whatever happens don’t let this taint your feelings towards Ronaldo.
Oh my.

Theonas

Scout
Can anyone on Twitter tell what's the vibe among United fans worldwide? Is there a significant base who are split on this or did it tarnish his reputation completely for now at least?

Eddy_JukeZ

The Ronaldo acolytes are actually insane.

It's disturbing how distorted their viewpoint is because they idolize a man who has no idea they exist.

Hopefully they all stop masquerading as United fans once Ronaldo leaves again.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Can anyone on Twitter tell what's the vibe among United fans worldwide? Is there a significant base who are split on this or did it tarnish his reputation completely for now at least?
From what I've seen maybe it's 80-20 split against Ronaldo.

ForeverRed1

Piers Morgan uncensored on YouTube has a 20 minute video talking about the video which has got souness on. A ex liverpool player who is ABU as they come. Slagging united down to the ground. So much bias.

Eddy_JukeZ

All of the United fans commenting on the various Athletic articles want him gone ASAP and are highly vocal with their disdain for his actions.

I'd imagine Twitter would have more of a split. I would hope United fans have finally seen the light. This man is a narcissist the likes the sporting world has likely never seen before.

Nicolarra90

I wonder who his friends are. I saw a quote from Benzema that the two don't really speak either. Who actually is close to him? Is it just the people that praise him and everyone else is kicked out? I guess SAF and Rio are probably there.
He has no friends.
People with a narcissistic personality disorder don't make friends, they use people to their interests and never make any significant emotional connection with anybody.

alexthelion

As someone with a 3 month old child who has been in the hospital since birth, I would also feel like telling my boss to go feck themselves if they weren't understanding of family commitments.

I haven't read into or really care about the rest of what he said and who is to blame for what but that part just stuck out to me.
Sorry to hear that.

I lost my daughter a few hours after she was born. Was given three weeks compassionate leave by work but had to return and buckle down after that. None of this having the whole summer off, whoring myself around other businesses and trying to elicite sympathy by playing on it for a long time afterwards.

Footballers really are a different (spoiled) species.

FletchTheHero

He's not performing. 1 goal in 10 league matches and every time he's on the field, all of our players feed him all the time
He just couldn't finish and it's everyone fault for it not him. Petulant guy

championo

Top Stalker
This interview did not change my view of Ronaldo, it cemented it actually. This is part of what makes him great. He is a narcist who happens to be very good at football.

Shimo

:lol:
While was going through the thread was thinking about the same if he demands compensation, have him train on his own but, show up for every match and sit in the stands. Fine him a week's wages if he skips training or match day. He should not be near the squad and definitely not the reserves, they don't need to be put through the drama.

Fabio Rochemback

Always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but nah, he is a complete and utter prick. Such a lack of self-awareness to play the victim while saying shitty personal things about a former teammate.

Revaulx

You think United or any Premier League club has 8 year olds running about on full size pitches?

I think everyone packed that in 20 years go.
Yes, but it took a lot longer to happen in the UK than elsewhere.

The belated changeover has been credited with the significant improvement in young players’ development.

Sauxees Moi Hui

To me, Ronaldo will always be a United legend. His first stint with us (starting at 18yo) was a truly magical time.

OTOH, I have no interest in the current version of Ronaldo, the drama he is trying to cause or the media circus that follows him. He should not play another minute for this club, and I hope that that United's lawyers find a way to unilaterally terminate his contract without compensation.

Demon Barber

Sorry to hear that.

I lost my daughter a few hours after she was born. Was given three weeks compassionate leave by work but had to return and buckle down after that. None of this having the whole summer off, whoring myself around other businesses and trying to elicite sympathy by playing on it for a long time afterwards.

I do not know you, but am sorry to hear about your loss.

I understand grief, and in Ronaldo's case the loss of a son will have hit hard. If the twin sister was hospitalised then I fully understand a father wanting to be there for rather than on a pre-season tour. United, by all accounts, granted him time off.

What I cannot take is the egotistical petulance of a once great player - a player who refused to come on as a sub or hang around to celebrate our best performance for years - and then he blabs his "betrayed, woe-is-me" stuff to an obnoxious, self-important Arsenal fan.

He will not play for us again, his reputation damaged - bye.

Reactions: jojojo

Fabio Rochemback

Nice try but mere statistics reflecting the on pitch productivity of footballers is not the most sound proof metric of judging footballers. Sure, there's a lot that goals, assists, distance covered, minutes played, key passes, pass accuracy and xGFJK can tell you, but there's other scientifically more relevant parameters one must consider to arrive at a rational and error free conclusion such as who do I like the mostest.
:lol:

Pronewbie

Peep
Correct where I'm wrong, so Ronaldo on being told he wasn't going to start told the club he was ill and couldn't travel, we would then find out he went and did this. Then in the same interview laments the club not believing his excuses for skipping time. Like gee I wonder why. And people are still backing this. It's like watching cows jump off a cliff.
If this turns out to be the case then the club may have grounds for sacking him.

Loony BoB

I am not contradicting your claim here but i am trying to find the part "he was asked why he wasn't in the side today ?" where is that ? as its really important , as if it as you say , then the interview was done on sunday game day whilst telling the club he was ill.
Not sure if someone else already replied to this, but it's the last line in this article on Sky Sports:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ver-my-sick-daughter-when-i-missed-pre-season

"Ronaldo was told on Thursday that he would not be in the starting XI against Fulham but he would have been in the squad. He told the club he was ill."

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. It's horrible that your work only gave you three months for something like this. It's better than most places, but that's little comfort. Some people simply wouldn't be able to rebound so quickly. Fair dues to you for doing so. Footballers are definitely spoiled by just about every metric. It would be nice for the everyman to have this level of comfort/lack of worry in their lives.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
The context that has somehow escaped you is his horrendous overall play unless you’re watching different matches.
Man is blinded by the worship of his God. Can't talk sense to him. Did he forget that one game versus farmers from eastern europe team where the whole team tried to feed Ronaldo to score a goal like he's some kind of make a wish kid ? This also doesnt account his horrible touches, dribbles and passes. He's like a black hole in offense. Ronaldo is antithesis of team player. If he was given a choice to win a match 4-0 but he didnt score any goals or lose 8-4 but he score all 4 goals he surely would pick the second choice

Ladron de redcafe

Nah, there is a large contingent of fans who were done with him after the first time he left us, and there are those who were hurt but clung still to the notion that he cared about the club but Madrid's pull was irresistible. He's done his best to shatter that illusion, bar a small minority who were so anti Glazer that they'd eat up his PR, I doubt fans, whether matchgoing or overseas, would have any time left for him.

Perez's comments about him has never been so apt. Imagine being that thick, that deluded, that you burned your bridges with 2 of the most illustrious fan bases in the world, of clubs that made up the bulk of your claim to fame.
Yup. A lot of the Madrid fans seem to see him as a diva for his behaviour, and now he's managed to turn the majority of the United fanbase against him as well with his unprofessionalism.

Foxbatt

Nah, there is a large contingent of fans who were done with him after the first time he left us, and there are those who were hurt but clung still to the notion that he cared about the club but Madrid's pull was irresistible. He's done his best to shatter that illusion, bar a small minority who were so anti Glazer that they'd eat up his PR, I doubt fans, whether matchgoing or overseas, would have any time left for him.

Perez's comments about him has never been so apt. Imagine being that thick, that deluded, that you burned your bridges with 2 of the most illustrious fan bases in the world, of clubs that made up the bulk of your claim to fame.
I think this is where you are mistaken. A lot of them are Ronaldo fans first and they already support him over ETH.

Real Name

I'm reading more into this.
He's a Woodward signing. I'm not sure Arnold or Murtough wanted him. He has grief with them, which is why he even mentions the Glazers.
He's essentially saying they aren't coming in to step in for me.
Ironically, I'm ok with the Glazers not caring, as long as Arnold and Murtough are given the backing and money to make things happen.
Them caring would be like Boehly at Chelsea, that's not good.
Of course, clubs function like that, it's not about caring it's about having a structure. Morgan even asks him if the owners talk to the players. I'm sure Arsenal owners talk to the players weekly..

alpargatachina2020

We have found TeamCR7. Jesis! These people really exist.
When CR7 signed for United that break records of shirts sales, tickets sales and TV raitings. So is easy to imagine that United will lose all of those people and money when CR7 leaves. That and the money spent on the contract were the reason why the club don't let him leave the team.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Imagine how embarrassed Fergie is now. After Moyes this is his biggest blunder
Fergie only got involved after the decision to sign Ronaldo was made by Solskjaer. And that was reported by both The Athletic and the Times. The Times actually went on to say that Solksjaer ignored the concerns of his coaching staff to sign the player due to his belief that Ronaldo's goals would make up for his deficiencies off the ball.

But Solskjaer's biggest mistakes were made when he decided to sign Wan Bissaka and Maguire for a combined £130m. Ronaldo was just the final nail in the coffin. I don't believe we sign Ronaldo under a manager like ten Hag, Luis Enrique or Jurgen Klopp due the aforementioned managers having a clear and defined way of playing the game which involves a high intensity off the ball pressing game.

SecondFig

The thing looks scripted. Like both of them knew the questions and answears before it was recorded
Honestly, I can't imagine Ronaldo agreeing to the interview if he didn't get the questions ahead of time.

I just love how the whole thing boils down to "look at these muppets running the club, they even signed me!" - he's the biggest symptom of everything he's trying to rail against

Foxbatt

Of course, clubs function like that, it's not about caring it's about having a structure. Morgan even asks him if the owners talk to the players. I'm sure Arsenal owners talk to the players weekly..
They shouldn't absolutely. It undermines the most important person in the club, The Manager.

alexthelion

This is very sad to see some the comments here slating Ronaldo. People have short memories and forget everything he did for this club. He became the best player in the world while he was with us which we have never seen happen with any prem team. Without him we most likely would of never had the success we did back in 2007-2009.

He is frustrated , sure he not the player he once was, he has very high standards and he must be very disappointed to see the club ran in the state It is.

He loves United and he is exposing the glazers, the lack of investment , the lack of sporting project. We needed somebody to do this and expose the glazers for who they are.

This doesn’t look like it going end well but hopefully he does expose the people running our club and we get closer to them selling which we all want.

Whatever happens don’t let this taint your feelings towards Ronaldo.
Ronaldo's mum?

Status
Not open for further replies.