Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Fledged

If there are no takers and mutual termination of the contract without paying up the rest of the wages isn't an option then maybe that's what might happen. If it's a mutual end with no payment that's the best case.

The worst case scenario for me is if the club gives in and pays the rest of his deal just to get rid of him. I think that's weak and it harms the club's image. Let him rot in the reserves and let him train with the youth team. I think it happened to Becks at Madrid, Schweinstiger at United so there are precedents with big name players. It'd be a hell of a statement to make.
Put him on gardening leave. Send him home no training no games. He can pay for his own coaches if he wants to train but don't let it happen anywhere near Carrington.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Its an easy win for Ronaldo fans, he scored 24 goals last year so shushhh.

However; he was a major part of us finishing 6th, getting battered in games.

We can have a player score 40 goals for us but if the team finishes 6th, its not amazing, compare to our highest scorer getting 20 and we get top 4.

People don't get this, every metric this season shows we are a better team without Ronaldo. Okay, some may say, stats mean feck all, visually, the eye test also shows we are better without Ronaldo.

Games we have pressed well and won the ball back high up the pitch, games where we came with intensity, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs we looked 10 x better without him.
24 goals is actually an underwhelming return for me. I can't forget all the chances he's missed while contributing to feck all off the ball

Lux Thunder

This interview should close the door for Ronaldo and he should never be again in this squad, I was surprised and disappointed when he was captain against Villa after his misbehavior in the Spurs game.

I respect him for what he has done in the game and he was one of my heroes when I started to watch United, but enough is enough. Not defending him, just hoping that fans would remember his glory days at the club more than this sad and pathetic ending of his United career.

On a positive note, he spoke about things that we all who are following United already know - that rivals are a decade in front of us in terms of running a football club, and with his stature and public image this can only put more pressure on the Glazers family.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Do any other ex players criticise their former club as much as ours do?
I think it's mostly because we are (or well, were) shite for ages. It feels good to wallow in self pity and cry about the club. Paul Scholes wouldn't be going on tirades about Antony spinning on a football if we'd won a trophy or two in the past 5 years.

I also think they get a little bit of a kick out of the fact that the club isn't near as good as it was when they were there, so they shit on it extra hard.

LordSpud

Put him on gardening leave. Send him home no training no games. He can pay for his own coaches if he wants to train but don't let it happen anywhere near Carrington.
I agree have him sort out the pitch pre match and that

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He seems to have forgotten the Portugese proverb that Jose said "Every wall is a door".

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Rashford, Martial, Bruno. I’m sure the likes of Garnacho and Antony look up to him a lot.

I wonder how Casemiro and Varane feel having played with him for so long, they must clearly be able to see he’s not the same player.
This is the bit that annoys me the most about his selfish shit talking about the club. Yeah, sure, he says some negative stuff about the Glazers and feck the Glazers, but at the same time he's talking about how Manchester United don't support him, don't treat him well, they're all big meanies.

Imagine you're an up and coming wonderkid and you deify Ronaldo. Now imagine the United that made Ronaldo unhappy come in and offer you a contract. They're joining Stoke before they think about joining us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
24 goals is actually an underwhelming return for me. I can't forget all the chances he's missed while contributing to feck all off the ball
He had that period from December to February where he scored about 3 goals in 15 matches, and was properly stinking out the joint.

Luka Mora

Will his fans start hating United now? I think players have as much following as clubs do thesedays.
No viva ronaldo will still be sang out loud, this guy has his cult under a spelllHe stormed out of the ground, ignored home and away supporters after leaving the pitch countless times and we heard last match they sang his name.

Let's not forget he, smashed a kids phone, paid two women off for rape accusations, told our manager he doesn't respect him, he can do what ever he wants because he had a good season for us before leaving for madrid after being called a slave for having to play for us.

They will still sing his name in the stands no doubt about that, there are ***** in the stands, always will be.

Herman Toothrot

We spent the entire season playing like it was his testimonial. Get him a goal at all costs.

An expensive, waste of a year. Time to cut this prick loose so he can soil someone else's club and take his psychopathic fans with him.

kouroux

He had that period from December to February where he scored about 3 goals in 15 matches, and was properly stinking out the joint.
That's when I started to accept he really was finished at the top level but somehow hoped he'd still score here and there. Many aspects of football were already completely in decline (pace, heading, balance) when it came to him.
The number of goals scored could never hide his decline. His fanbois were too blinded to see and accept that

Flexdegea

Yeah the Rio interview isn't really that bad. He was saying the club could maybe have done more to stop this happening, as Ronaldo was threatening to "tell the real story", so maybe they could have tried to nip that in the bud. I don't necessarily agree but he wasn't sticking up for Ronaldo.

Rio has zero point.

Basically saying Hag should have lied and told him he is starting every game, for ronaldo to then do the same interview he done because he not good enough to be starting games and still cry about disrespect.

Or to do what hag has seemed to do, tell him it's about the team, and him to explode because he not starting games and do the same interview.

People are surely acting daft around this. Every shred of evidence from pre season to spurs game to this interview is showing Ronaldo is a massive petulant twat

romufc

I agree but thats what the Ronaldo fan boys say, look at Goldbridge for example, he is still protecting Ronaldo, I mean seriously?

I really hope fans see through this, just because Ronaldo says Glazers dont care about the club, doesn't mean he does.

If you are a United fan, a proper one, you know the Glazers dont care, you know there is no investment in in the infrastructure, its not new. He is using the Glazer name to keep fan support.

He goes onto say I could have joined City, if you care about the fans, City should never have been in the equation.

If you care about the fans, you dont walk out midgame.

If you care about them, you clap the away fans after a loss.

kouroux

I agree but thats what the Ronaldo fan boys say, look at Goldbridge for example, he is still protecting Ronaldo, I mean seriously?

I really hope fans see through this, just because Ronaldo says Glazers dont care about the club, doesn't mean he does.

If you are a United fan, a proper one, you know the Glazers dont care, you know there is no investment in in the infrastructure, its not new. He is using the Glazer name to keep fan support.

He goes onto say I could have joined City, if you care about the fans, City should never have been in the equation.

If you care about the fans, you dont walk out midgame.

If you care about them, you clap the away fans after a loss.
Although I highly doubt it, I hope Morgan at least challenged him on some of those issues. The whole thing cannot be about "I'm blameless and you're all haters".

devilixir

It’s really poor from Rio, I think he’ll be embarrassed in a few months when he’s had time to reflect
Rio already made quite a few dumb moments in the past, most notably, when he endorsed Ole to be signed permanently right after Utd advanced in the UCL against PSG

OverratedOpinion

I want him to come back to face the music to be honest and let him stew for a bit before we agree to let him buy out his contract .
I agree he should be made to experience a little real disrespectful treatment "give him something to really complain about" type of thing.

But with that said he is just a complete dark cloud when we need it the least, so I think you have to just get him out as soon as humanly possible.

Member 101269

Ok, so what have come out is nothing to care about? What do you think about the snippets we've seen?
It's too hard to tell.

Information, in some comments, from what others have said, is already out there. It's very easy to create connection in your mind and from your own background on the majority of comments, when it's understanding CR comments and how he sees things that is important. There are a lot of why questions to statements that would probably provide more understanding, that is United's job. It's understandable why the club has reserved comment.

Loon

:lol:
Best thing is he's killed the merch angle for the gimps and they're going to have to bin him off.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Although I highly doubt it, I hope Morgan at least challenged him on some of those issues. The whole thing cannot be about "I'm blameless and you're all haters".
I’ll be interested to see but I’m expecting it to be Piers asks a question, Ronaldo replies and Piers moves on. He’s always been too easy on his interview guests but a complete Rottweiler (not in a good way) on news/morning shows.

Revaulx

We spent the entire season playing like it was his testimonial. Get him a goal at all costs.

An expensive, waste of a year. Time to cut this prick loose so he can soil someone else's club and take his psychopathic fans with him.
I think that was far more true of the games he’s appeared in this season, where we’ve created tons more chances for him than we did last year, and he’s squandered virtually all of them.

The biggest problem with him last year, which was undoubtedly detrimental to our play, was his total refusal to do any work off the ball whatsoever. Something that, bizarrely, he’s been a tiny bit better at this year.

romufc

Rio already made quite a few dumb moments in the past, most notably, when he endorsed Ole to be signed permanently right after Utd advanced in the UCL against PSG
Yep, lets act as if Rio was the only one. Rio was the one singing Ole's at the wheel at Old Trafford too right?

The one thing about Rio, he does not hide that he is a Manutd fan, he acts like any of us would, after some torrid moments under Jose, seing some better football, emotions from one of the best come backs in CL take over sometimes.

I mean I saw some fans on youtube also think we can win the title this season before the Villa game. It happens, fans get carried away in the emotion of football.

Withnail

What was said? Right now there are edited clips that may or may not have been full, out of context and or need clarification.
This is hilarious. Be careful you don't put your back out reaching to defend Ronaldo.

This clips haven't been created or leaked by a third-party. They've been put out by him and Piers Morgan. This is the message he wants out there. They have to know feck all people are going to bother watching the full 90 minutes.

Maticmaker

Can't you just see it, Ronaldo has his best WC yet... it's written in the stars, all the top clubs around the world wanting to take him on in January.

......... low flying pigs seen over OT ;)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Best thing is he's killed the merch angle for the gimps and they're going to have to bin him off.
In Europe, Football clubs make little money out of a single player, that includes the likes of Messi and Ronaldo. So that angle or theory never makes any sense and there is no context where people like Arnold, Woodward or the Glazer wouldn't know it.

And to be a bit more explicit. Merch sales, specifically shirts, are stable for big clubs, when a big name is signed the only thing that actually happen is that he takes sales away from previous/current players. TV and Advertisement deals are negotiated several years in advance, so they are not affected by new signings in the short term.

Where signing a big name has an actual impact financially is on the fact that generally big name players are difference makers on the field and allow better results which brings larger prize money and in the case of the CL more televised games.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This is the bit that annoys me the most about his selfish shit talking about the club. Yeah, sure, he says some negative stuff about the Glazers and feck the Glazers, but at the same time he's talking about how Manchester United don't support him, don't treat him well, they're all big meanies.

Imagine you're an up and coming wonderkid and you deify Ronaldo. Now imagine the United that made Ronaldo unhappy come in and offer you a contract. They're joining Stoke before they think about joining us.
Yip. Didn’t Garnacho actually ask Ronaldo if he could imitate his goal celebration (the sleep one) v Real Sociedad?

Im hoping that players like Martinez (a countryman) keep him straight. To be fair, there’s lots to admire about Ronaldo (the training, the ability, the longevity) but some other shit too… mainly an ego that makes Donald Trump look normal.

Member 101269

This is hilarious. Be careful you don't put your back out reaching to defend Ronaldo.

This clips haven't been created or leaked by a third-party. They've been put out by him and Piers Morgan. This is the message he wants out there. They have to know feck all people are going to bother watching the full 90 minutes.
The first is presumptuous, united have taken the same stance. Feel free to send the same message to united and ETH.

No, CR and PM haven't edited them and put them out, the company did. You have no idea what message he wants out there you're presuming.

JagUTD

I am seriously disappointed in Ronaldo and think it's time to go but these reports of players falling out with him, rifts, breakdowns in relationships and so on are all likely nonsense.

(Social) Media manipulation at it's best. Take a quote or an opportunistic snap shot and paint a whole picture. They're milking this "gift" from Morgan and Ronaldo for all it's worth.

I've kept in mind Ronaldos struggles outside of football the past year or so and tried to hold out hope he'd get past it on the pitch. He hasn't and now he's let himself and everyone down by being a complete prat.

The best thing for everyone is for him to leave and the best way the club can deal with it, is to go on and become successful again.

Reactions: Cheimoon

GiveItToGi...nowait

I'm left just feeling a bit empty after all this. I was 10 in '99 and 19 in '08, young enough to idolise the players involved in a way I can't do anymore. I've watched fan opinion on this forum turn on OGS and the club subsequently sack him, the whole Giggs shitshow and now this for fecks sake. It's sad to see one of the greatest players to pull on the shirt unable to age with grace and I wonder what younger fans of the club make of it all.

This all reminds me of the drama that surrounded Madrid during the galacticos era, which shouldn't surprise me considering Egg Woodward was in charge for so long. Hopefully this is that last of the drama that envelopes the club and ETH can get a hold of it because it is so boring.

dks17

The first is presumptuous, united have taken the same stance. Feel free to send the same message to united and ETH.

No, CR and PM haven't edited them and put them out, the company did. You have no idea what message he wants out there you're presuming.
so the part where he said he has no respect for ten hag got lost in translation due to editing? hold tight to those straws

Withnail

Morgan is literally tweeting out these clips. You think Ronaldo had no say in this at all? I think you're deluded and I strongly doubt there will be any more context that will make him look less of twat or show him to be doing anything other than undermining his manager and the club to force a move with a few other fan-friendly criticisms thrown in in an attempt to placate the masses. Feel free to quote me if some miracle happens.

Member 101269

Morgan is literally tweeting out these clips. You think Ronaldo had no say in this at all? I think you're deluded and I strongly doubt there will be any more context that will make him look less of twat or show him to be doing anything other than undermining his manager and the club to force a move with a few other fan-friendly criticisms thrown in in an attempt to placate the masses. Feel free to quote me if some miracle happens.
No, a twitter account with Morgans name is tweeting work created by others.

I haven't seen the contact between Talk TV and Ronaldo, have you?

Your comments are presumptuous, you're filling in gaps based on something, it clearly isn't knowing, and they go against the view of the club and manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.