Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
And how has Ronaldo fared in the World Cup again?
How much weaker were his teams then Messi?
Do you honestly think Portugal had the talent to no win a World Cup during his career?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No I’m not Allegri, just saying his style of management is the team is 100% a unit. You don’t fit in he’ll drop you regardless of reputations or wages.
How did you miss the part about ‘If he doesn’t work for the team and tries to be an individual, Allegri will just bench him’? I’m not saying what Ronaldo will do, as he’s very much capable of changing his style. So try understanding what ‘If’ means.
That said it sure looks like Juve want Ronaldo off the books as they can’t invest in the team with his wages taking up so much revenue and the uncertainty of crowds being allowed back to capacity any time soon.
Its rather meaningless to discuss "if" scenario, and there's no point to go further from anything hypothetical, which hasn't been true case at all.
Also, you are just doing a guessing game here, Juventus has been buying other big players such as De Ligt anyway. Can't blame it all on Ronaldo for taking up their revenues. Ronaldo has by far the biggest commercial values and followings out of every player in sports world, remember? I am sure they will make it up somewhere, such as shirt sells or sponsorship deals etc by merely having Ronaldo in their team.

Last edited:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Yes let’s not blame Messi when his team loses a 3-0 advantage and end up losing 4-0 on the day he needed to step up the most.

Sounds a bit like the World Cup he lost to Germany doesn’t it?

Barcelona are a next level of average without both Xavi and Iniesta - aka why Barcelona won things the same time Spain National team won things.
I blame Messi for not playing sweeper in the return leg. In fact I'll blame Messi before I'll blame any of the 10 other players on the pitch as well as the manager.

Red_toad

Its rather meaningless to discuss "if" scenario, and there's no point to go further from anything hypothetical, which hasn't been true case at all.
Also, you are just doing a guessing game here, Juventus has been buying other big players such as De Ligt anyway. Can't blame it all on Ronaldo for taking up their revenues. Ronaldo has by far the biggest commercial values and followings out of every player in sports world, remember? I am sure they will make it up somewhere, such as shirt sells or sponsorship deals etc by merely having Ronaldo in their team.
Best shut down all chat forums if we can’t speculate and have hypothetical conversations. Or maybe you need to toddle off and start a factual only borefest forum to post on. Will be pretty lonely in there, but I’m sure you’ll cope!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Best shut down all chat forums if we can’t speculate and have hypothetical conversations. Or maybe you need to toddle off and start a factual only borefest forum to post on. Will be pretty lonely in there, but I’m sure you’ll cope!
You don't have to act so discouraged here. There are plenty things worthy to discuss about, even though your "what if" scenario doesn't make it to the list here.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
you misunderstood everything I posted. I’m talking Ronaldo AFTER he left Madrid, where yes he needed Madrid far more than Madrid needed him since he left. No question about it
:lol:

You are trying to convince yourself by repeating this.

Ronaldo since changing clubs has achieved more success than Madrid, there are no prizes handed out for losing in CL. Also, it's ludicrous you are pinning Juventus CL failures on him. He literally scored every single one of their CL goals in knockout rounds for 2 years straight. Juventus managed 7 goals combined in 6 matches across his first two season. He didn't score this year but managed to assist 2. So, his overall contribution is 7 goals and 2 assists in 8 KO matches for Juventus where they have scored 12 goals combined, that's 75% contribution. Also, it's disingenuous to bring up Juventus reached 2 CL Finals in 3 years before signing Ronaldo. They were an ageing side, in need of replacement pretty much across the park. Their signings have been poor, and not to mention, Pirlo was a terrible appointment this season.

Given your posting history, I should've expected more biased takes out of you. But, this is something else. Now, I'm sure you'll move goalposts again and spring another mental gymnastics. That's what you've been doing for 7 years now, which is quite pathetic.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
:lol:

You are trying to convince yourself by repeating this.

Ronaldo since changing clubs has achieved more success than Madrid, there are no prizes handed out for losing in CL. Also, it's ludicrous you are pinning Juventus CL failures on him. He literally scored every single one of their CL goals in knockout rounds for 2 years straight. Juventus managed 7 goals combined in 6 matches across his first two season. He didn't score this year but managed to assist 2. So, his overall contribution is 7 goals and 2 assists in 8 KO matches for Juventus where they have scored 12 goals combined, that's 75% contribution. Also, it's disingenuous to bring up Juventus reached 2 CL Finals in 3 years before signing Ronaldo. They were an ageing side, in need of replacement pretty much across the park. Their signings have been poor, and not to mention, Pirlo was a terrible appointment this season.

Given your posting history, I should've expected more biased takes out of you. But, this is something else. Now, I'm sure you'll move goalposts again and spring another mental gymnastics. That's what you've been doing for 7 years now, which is quite pathetic.
ronaldo had more success joining a team that won the previous 9 serie A’s. It is MUCH harder to win la liga than serie a. No one in their right mind would say Juve have been better than Real Madrid since Ronaldo left. Not one.

SportingCP96

Supports
Portugal was very talented and losing to Uruguay was bad.
Really? So through out his career Portugal was “very talented” ? That’s delusional.

2018 until now we have started to have a much better and the best team he has had in his career but this is at the end of his career.
Even then we would have not won in 2018.

If Ronaldo had the talent Messi did for his country through out his career he probably and most likely has a world cup trophy to go with his euro.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Really? So through out his career Portugal was “very talented” ? That’s delusional.

2018 until now we have started to have a much better and the best team he has had in his career but this is at the end of his career.

If Ronaldo had the talent Messi did for his country through out his career he probably and most likely has a world cup trophy to go with his euro.
Portugal have been very talented in the last five years, went ten straight matches without Ronaldo without a loss. They are stacked

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

No ronaldo wouldn’t, because when he doesn’t have the best midfield in the world behind him or Eder he gets bounced early. He’s an amazing player but without proper service which he wouldn’t get with Argentina he’d get knocked out just as often

Earvin Johnson

Supports
Fc Barcelona
The arguments used here are...Dubious at best if not completely fallacious...

SportingCP96

Supports
No ronaldo wouldn’t, because when he doesn’t have the best midfield in the world behind him or Eder he gets bounced early. He’s an amazing player but without proper service which he wouldn’t get with Argentina he’d get knocked out just as often
Ronaldo in the 2014 Argentina team wins the World Cup final.

SportingCP96

Supports
Gets bounced early but won the euro with Portugal…

Unless Adrien, William, and Joao Mario are the best midfield in the world?

Ronaldo is the best player of his generations for a reason.

He was carrying Portugal with Veloso and Raul Meireles behind him and Postiga alongside him.

SportingCP96

Supports
Portugal have been very talented in the last five years, went ten straight matches without Ronaldo without a loss. They are stacked
In the last 5 years there has been ONE international tournament….

Thanks for making my point. He has had one decent team around him in Portugal for a major tournament (World Cup 18).

My point stands valid, Portugal have had a far worse Team then Argentina throughout his whole career yet Ronaldo has produced far better.

arthurka

Ronaldo is out of this world as a competitor, Messi is otherworldly due to his natural talent. Ronaldo has won something with his country and also has been close couple of times before. His longevity is remarkable and he will be remembered as the best with Messi. No ifs and buts about it. Portugal have a strong team now we might see them go far again. How far do we think Messi will take Argentina this time?

cyberman

Winning something with their country was so important until Ronaldo did it and Messi didn't

SportingCP96

Supports
Winning something with their country was so important until Ronaldo did it and Messi didn't
Ding ding ding we have a winner!

The bias is so obvious in these debates.

Had Messi won the copa and Ronaldo lost in the euro after missing the penalty that made his team lose and QUITTING on his country and these debated would of have been over.

Ronaldo had by far the most dominant period of football in the last 30 years if not more.

3 CL trophies in a row and European championship being the main catalyst in every single one of those conquests.

Winning all of that in 3 years and I’m leaving out other accolades is second to none.

Archi

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

The bias is so obvious in these debates.

Had Messi won the copa and Ronaldo lost in the euro after missing the penalty that made his team lose and QUITTING on his country and these debated would of have been over.

Ronaldo had by far the most dominant period of football in the last 30 years if not more.

3 CL trophies in a row and European championship being the main catalyst in every single one of those conquests.

Winning all of that in 3 years and I’m leaving out other accolades is second to none.
I honestly don't think Eder scoring in the 120th min when Ron was off early in the game should have much of a say in this legacy talk.

If Portugal had lost after Ronaldo came off, how would that change how great of a player Ronaldo is?

SportingCP96

Supports
I honestly don't think Eder scoring in the 120th min when Ron was off early in the game should have much of a say in this legacy talk.

If Portugal had lost after Ronaldo came off, how would that change how great of a player Ronaldo is?
How so? Do you Honestly believe Portugal would have even made it out of the group stage let alone the final without Ronaldo?

- Group stage scored the vital goals for the point needed in a tough game vs Hungary

- His shot led to the game winning goal in the R16 vs Croatia

- QF Scored his penalty and galvanized his team namely Moutinho to a very huge shootout win vs Poland (that same summer Messi shit the Bed vs chile and subsequently retired from Argentina)

- Semi Final scored and assisted in the 2-0 win vs wales

Portugal would not sniff the final without him. He led by example all the way to the final.

littleman

The only bell being dinged is the one in your head..

Cron is great, but this debate isn't going to be solved by a bellhead in a post

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
In the last 5 years there has been ONE international tournament….

Thanks for making my point. He has had one decent team around him in Portugal for a major tournament (World Cup 18).

My point stands valid, Portugal have had a far worse Team then Argentina throughout his whole career yet Ronaldo has produced far better.
“far better” haha no, Eder scored in a final Ronaldo didn’t play in while Argentina had 4 finals where Ronaldo flames out in the World Cup

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Preach! Without Messi Argentina wouldn’t even qualify for the WC. Portugal are a better team than Argentina and have been from 2016 onward. Ronaldo is an amazing player but Eder changed his international legacy. Ronaldo’s biggest moment was being a cheerleader on the sidelines

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
The only bell being dinged is the one in your head..

Cron is great, but this debate isn't going to be solved by a bellhead in a post
:lol: Love it

Ronaldo is an amazing player though, I hope he plays for many more years as I’ll miss him when he’s gone

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Gets bounced early but won the euro with Portugal…

Unless Adrien, William, and Joao Mario are the best midfield in the world?

Ronaldo is the best player of his generations for a reason.

He was carrying Portugal with Veloso and Raul Meireles behind him and Postiga alongside him.
Pepe was the best player for Portugal in euro 2016, even Ronaldo admits to that

Threesus

You know, neither side is going to back down from proclaiming that one is greater than the other. I will certainly miss watching them both play when they hand up their boots, but one thing is for certain, I won’t miss tedious debates between their fans online.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Ronaldo is out of this world as a competitor, Messi is otherworldly due to his natural talent. Ronaldo has won something with his country and also has been close couple of times before. His longevity is remarkable and he will be remembered as the best with Messi. No ifs and buts about it. Portugal have a strong team now we might see them go far again. How far do we think Messi will take Argentina this time?
What about the level of football ? Do you think that European countries have stronger football teams as compared to the South American teams or are they at an equal level ?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
@SportingCP96

In your eyes has C Ronaldo had an influence on the national teams rise in player quality.

I always loved Portuguese players like Rui Costa and Figo etc but back then they seemed to play on a different level to the rest of the squad.

Ruben Dias on

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-keep-winning-thats-the-way-to-live-pwzb76vc6

Cancelo on how Ronaldo makes an improvement and difference wherever he goes.

https://www.fotmob.com/news/fwoi6l3h9nypzqwyhh5xjtii/joao-cancelo-ronaldo-'different-to-all-the-others'

Jaoa Felix talking about him being his idol.

Bruno on why Ronaldo was his idol and about Ronaldo’s mentality

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ju...-explains-why-ronaldo-was-his-role-model/amp/

So many players talking about his mentality- this is why he is my GOAT.

He was what a human can be with the brain mixed with his ability of the foot.

Others to me is a more focused technical ability of what a player is capable of with just his feet.

Swedish_Plumber

Another thread turned into a Ronaldo vs Messi debate :boring: Can we not just appreciate both of the players whilst thinking one is better than the other? Or at least attempt not to shove them down ‘rivals’ throats?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Another thread turned into a Ronaldo vs Messi debate :boring: Can we not just appreciate both of the players whilst thinking one is better than the other? Or at least attempt not to shove them down ‘rivals’ throats?
Messi wouldn't appreciate both players whereas Ronaldo does.

Also Ronaldo is better at Minecraft.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Ronaldo made a shit team looks great
Messi made a great team looks great
Which shit teams have Ronaldo made look great? Man Utd? Real Madrid? Juventus?

Essentially the biggest teams in their countries and the biggest in the world.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Preach! Without Messi Argentina wouldn’t even qualify for the WC. Portugal are a better team than Argentina and have been from 2016 onward. Ronaldo is an amazing player but Eder changed his international legacy. Ronaldo’s biggest moment was being a cheerleader on the sidelines
Train wreck of a post, this.
You know, neither side is going to back down from proclaiming that one is greater than the other. I will certainly miss watching them both play when they hand up their boots, but one thing is for certain, I won’t miss tedious debates between their fans online.
Very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.