Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
SIIIII, Viva... am I doing this right? :confused::houllier:
Not that easy without that scrubs from Madrid it seems
Didn't complete one, it was a pretty pathetic performance by CR.
It's over. Good luck turning a deficit of 2 clean goals against that Atletico defence..
And Juve is out of the Coppa Italia, down in the CL and in the same position in the Calcio than last year, with feckin Higuain :lol::lol:
They did better in the Copa and CL (so far) without him than with him and Serie A is something they'd dominate with Bebe leading the line so I'm not sure how they're "very average" without him or overly reliant on him.
The fact that you have to go back to that shows how difficult a task it's surely? I mean obviously it's not impossible. But rather freakishly unlikely. They still go out on a 3-1.
I think its over. I doubt Juve will score two goals.

What an ego :lol:
You follow this guy? Boo! Just from there I can see he's a feckwit!
Goes to show Ronaldo needs Madrid much more than the opposite. Madrid won 7 champions league with Raul, Mijatovic, they would have won with Kroos, Marcelo and Modric regardless.
Turns out C.Ronaldo needed his Top Player companions at Madrid as much as they needed him.
Ronaldo without the greatest midfield in the world and Ramos and Marcelo looks mediocre

Imagine if Madrid (who just thumped Atletico 3-1) go further than Juventus in CL :lol:
He could score 100 goals a season and you can still see the quality of his game is nowhere near good enough for a supposedly GOAT player. Stats are the only argument for his fanboys when defending this guy. He epitomizes the individualization in the game for the last 10 years or so for me.
Beginning of the end as Top Elite player?
He is really a sore and bad loser, can't blame anyone for disliking such a self-entitled and arrogant cnut. Its not like Real Madrid played well and lost. Besides the 2 goals, Atletico Madrid was denied a clear penalty and a proper goal disallowed. Should have won 4-0. Ronaldo is so bitter and small-time here. He knows his time at Juve is a failure.
:lol: :lol: Name and shame these guys! RONALDO THE GOAT. Like everyone in this thread said....

Siiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!

We are living in history ladies and gentlemen.

The GOAT gonna turn this around in Turin. Book it.
Look who called it too ;-)

The best ever. So privileged to be watching him with my own 2 eyes.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Why is there a debate when they are completely different players, different characters, different type of personalities.

Messi is for me in the same category as LeBron James. Best ever but not the greatest.

Cristiano is my personal favorite because he’s part of our history. His stint with us was special and probably the best time ever to be a United supporter.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
It isn't necessary the case that his ability in the air is downplayed in favour of dribbling or passing but rather the technical side of the game is always preferred and looked upon more romantically than the physical side of the game in general. Most people prefer to see someone dribbling through a crowd of players or threading the needle with a beautiful pass to someone towering over someone else to win a high ball. It's nothing against Ronaldo specifically. It's just always been that way. Look throughout history at all the players generally thought to be amongst the greatest of all time and they're all technically brilliant (Ronaldo included).
You said it isn't necessarily downplayed and then just explained exactly how it is downplayed.

:lol:

I think it's the fact that Ronaldo offers what's almost an all time great level of aerial ability on top of an already ridiculous technical skill set that sets him apart. Just in the way Messi's insane ability to do just about anything with a ball at his feet does.

Both are exceptional. Both have set new standards for footballers and both will divide precisely because they're so different stylistically. Messi is unquestionably more aesthetically pleasing in a pure footballing sense but I'd argue Ronaldo has just been far more effective in the last few years. He's time and again made the difference in the big games against the best players to a level never done before. That's can't be downplayed.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
You are taking it too literal Messi and Ronaldo in the situation Juve were in tonight I and anyone would take Ronaldo over Messi he has the X factor that cant be taught. Michael Jordan esq.
He's more like Kobe if anything.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
You said it isn't necessarily downplayed and then just explained exactly how it is downplayed.

:lol:

I think it's the fact that Ronaldo offers what's almost an all time great level of aerial ability on top of an already ridiculous technical skill set that sets him apart. Just in the way Messi's insane ability to do just about anything with a ball at his feet does.

Both are exceptional. Both have set new standards for footballers and both will divide precisely because they're so different stylistically. Messi is unquestionably more aesthetically pleasing in a pure footballing sense but I'd argue Ronaldo has just been far more effective in the last few years. He's time and again made the difference in the big games against the best players to a level never done before. That's can't be downplayed.
No, I said it isn't the case that Ronaldo's ability is downplayed but rather that specific skillset as a whole is downplayed.

Bold is spot on.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Incredible, not even surprised anymore.

Rossa

Check the second post of this page. I love watching him play, and absolutely everyone should be grateful to be able to watch him perform like this.

I don't care one bit that he used to be a United player. It's been a decade.
Too many sensible Liverpool posters in here. I applaud thee!

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Now hopefully UEFA stop giving him shit draw one after the other, like it's been happening since 2016.

2017: Dortmund in the group, Napoli, Bayern, Atletico, Juventus

2018: Dortmund and Tottenham in the group, PSG, Juventus, Bayern, Liverpool

2019: United and Valencia in the group, Atletico,

K_Ash

at that level being the GOAT is mental.
Picking LeBron over MJ/GOAT is not understanding the mental aspect of B'Ball and Sports.
Just like Picking Messi over CR7/GOAT..
What makes them superior than LeBron and Messi is the mental aspect.

I fully expected CR7 to come through..like he has done so many times (like that Wolfsburg's tie and so many moments)

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
at that level being the GOAT is mental.
Picking LeBron over MJ/GOAT is not understanding the mental aspect of B'Ball and Sports.
Just like Picking Messi over CR7/GOAT..
What makes them superior than LeBron and Messi is the mental aspect.

I fully expected CR7 to come through..like he has done so many times (like that Wolfsburg's tie and so many moments)
Unlikely. Barcelona will beat Lyon and that will leave Porto as the only non-elite team left. We know Man City will draw them which leaves only the tough teams left.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Much more decisive than I expected. It is not the first time I think "he can't do it again".
Years go by and Simeone still does not find the formula

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

he's trolling Simeone hard
I bet there isn't one club that hates a player more than Atletico hates Ronaldo. He better pray he never has to play them again, they'll just kick the shit out of him next time.

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
Now hopefully UEFA stop giving him shit draw one after the other, like it's been happening since 2016.

Juventus 2017 and Liverpool 2018 were not exactly draws. :)
Do you mean that UEFA had to give him the cup without to play the final? :lol:

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Juventus 2017 and Liverpool 2018 were not exactly draws. :)
Do you mean that UEFA had to give him the cup without to play the final? :lol:
You know what I mean :)

It's been tough tie one after the other. He did get plenty of luck in 2016 with the CL and Euros but the karma for that has been more than repaid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ah what the hell. Can't stay mad at Greatness. Even though he decided to go join those filth

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Cristiano Ronaldo, via @bet365 Most UCL goals Most UCL home goals Most UCL away goals Most UCL group stage goals Most UCL knock out goals Most UCL final goals Most UCL free-kicks Most UCL penalties Most UCL headers Most UCL braces Most UCL hat-tricks Most UCL assists

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Mou’s United and Valencia are terrible, come on now :lol:

But he’s had some tough draws to balance it out, I agree

VanGaalEra

Become pretty apparent he carried that Madrid side as opposed to the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.