Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He either needs to leave Juventus or make the board get a better manager. Their midfielders are so dire at creating chances that Dybala and him need to carry the whole team.
That's a good one :lol:
Ronaldo hasn't carried a team in years. He can't even do the basics right at times.
He's 35 and at the end of the road yet some people still think we're talking about prime Ronaldo from 5-6 years ago

MrEleson

That's a good one :lol:
Ronaldo hasn't carried a team in years. He can't even do the basics right at times.
He's 35 and at the end of the road yet some people still think we're talking about prime Ronaldo from 5-6 years ago
The team is making him look a lot worse than his form may suggest. He still has all the tools to be as effective and deadly as his final 3 Madrid years at the very least. It's just that Juve don't have the supply in midfield needed to utilise his still potent weaponry.

He has blood on his own hands for leaving a free flowing, attacking Madrid side to join such a dire Juventus team (no disrespect). I think all of the world's best attacking players would suffer there never mind Ronaldo at 35.

He's certainly not at his peak anymore, but he needs creativity in behind him and Juve has just not provided that for the past two seasons. So dire to watch under Sarri, they'll probably win the title but it feels as though they squeak out every game by a goal

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
Why didn't he take any penalties?
He always take the 5th penalty. I think its because he wants to be the hero who scored the last penalty. Its also a high-pressure PK which is normally reserved for players like him who likes that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He always take the 5th penalty. I think its because he wants to be the hero who scored the last penalty. Its also a high-pressure PK which is normally reserved for players like him who likes that.
It's bizarre. Ensure your team starts well FFS. As has been seen before, the glory penalty may not even happen or matter.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It's bizarre. Ensure your team starts well FFS. As has been seen before, the glory penalty may not even happen or matter.
There are differing schools of thoughts. Some like the best option to take an early penalties to get them off to a good start, some like them to take the last penalty which will have more pressure. It's one of those things that I don't think has a 'correct' answer.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Pretty moronic for Ronaldo to go fifth, he should’ve been one of the first two penalty takes. This was Spain vs Portugal all over again.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Can’t be a hero if you can’t get your team to the fifth penalty. He’s a superb penalty taker normally, he should be one of the first ones to go up. The egotistical trying to go fifth for the glory is rubbish.

flappyjay

The team is making him look a lot worse than his form may suggest. He still has all the tools to be as effective and deadly as his final 3 Madrid years at the very least. It's just that Juve don't have the supply in midfield needed to utilise his still potent weaponry.

He has blood on his own hands for leaving a free flowing, attacking Madrid side to join such a dire Juventus team (no disrespect). I think all of the world's best attacking players would suffer there never mind Ronaldo at 35.
He went to the right league but the wrong club, juventus has been dominating that league but hardly ever spank their opponents. I went back 4 Serie A seasons and they haven't been league top goal scorers in all those seasons. Currently this season they have scored 50 and are behind Lazio who have scored 60 goals and Atalanta who have 70 goals

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There are differing schools of thoughts. Some like the best option to take an early penalties to get them off to a good start, some like them to take the last penalty which will have more pressure. It's one of those things that I don't think has a 'correct' answer.
Seems pretty clear to me which school of thought is better. At least in my preferred way you don't have good pen takers failing to even contribute to the cause.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I mean, if your worse penalty takers miss the early ones, they are even more likely to miss the later ones which have more pressure on them.
But scoring your first penalties puts more pressure on your rivals to score and relieves your players from pressure of failing and losing the shootout in the 3rd PK and things like that.

You always want to get ahead in every game, no one would prefer having to come back on a 90 minutes game. I don't get this logic about not putting your best shooters on the first spots, if you can win it with 3 penalties, you won't need your 2 worse shooters to step up for 2 penalties, and if you do and they missed, they probably would've missed the first 2 anyway, you managed to involve your best shooters in the shootout and brought it to 5 PK, that means extra options of the rival team missing or your GK saving them.

fps

I don't think many clubs were in for Ronaldo at 33 of the kind of calibre he would expect tbh. Where would the interest be for someone like him in Paris, for instance? He wants always to be the best and prove himself against the best. Juventus was, I'd imagine, an unexpected option for him, and definitely more exciting than anything else likely to be put in front of him, with a great record of keeping older players in top condition. It is a shame though - as you say this Juve team is very functional, and he has spent so long in a different environment at Madrid that had flair and attacking style run through it like a stick of rock. He might have had more fun at Napoli.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
But scoring your first penalties puts more pressure on your rivals to score and relieves your players from pressure of failing and losing the shootout in the 3rd PK and things like that.

You always want to get ahead in every game, no one would prefer having to come back on a 90 minutes game. I don't get this logic about not putting your best shooters on the first spots, if you can win it with 3 penalties, you won't need your 2 worse shooters to step up for 2 penalties, and if you do and they missed, they probably would've missed the first 2 anyway, you managed to involve your best shooters in the shootout and brought it to 5 PK, that means extra options of the rival team missing or your GK saving them.
Also notable that more penalty shoot outs don’t go to 5 penalties each, than are decided by the 5th penalty.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
It's not easy to play with a Ronaldo who desperately wants to score rather than win. However, he still has all the tools to be a top striker and I have no doubt he'd score close to what he used to at Madrid if he had the same team.

The main issue is that Juve keeps making mistakes in player recruitment. The Director of Footy (Nedved?) hasn't been successful and Juve often buys players by name (Ramsey) or form (Bernadeschi) rather than the player's actual quality or if his characteristics fit the overall vision they have for the football team.

Then they fired Allegri who was actually one of the best managers in the world in terms of tactics and reading of the game for a manager that has or used to have some sort of cult following but, in fact, never accomplished anything worth listing.

MrEleson

He really should have never left Madrid. He probably should somehow try and leave at the end of the season to a team that suits him better but I can’t think of any top team that will be in for him at 35 apart from maybe PSG.

The last thing he’ll want to do is turn into a clown like Ibra where he’s tossed from club to club. Yet, I can only at best see PsG being the club that might take a punt at him. Really the damage has already been done. It will be a sad way to end his career if things continue like this.

romufc

It's not easy to play with a Ronaldo who desperately wants to score rather than win. However, he still has all the tools to be a top striker and I have no doubt he'd score close to what he used to at Madrid if he had the same team.

The main issue is that Juve keeps making mistakes in player recruitment. The Director of Footy (Nedved?) hasn't been successful and Juve often buys players by name (Ramsey) or form (Bernadeschi) rather than the player's actual quality or if his characteristics fit the overall vision they have for the football team.

Then they fired Allegri who was actually one of the best managers in the world in terms of tactics and reading of the game for a manager that has or used to have some sort of cult following but, in fact, never accomplished anything worth listing.
It isnt easy, but you know if you can get some service into him, he will score you goals.

Like you say, Juve are terrible with recruitment. This is such a mix and match team, no wonder they cannot get consistency.

They signed Ramsey, Rabiot on free but big wages when they have Bentencaur, Pjanic, Matuidi, Khedira.

They went and signed De Ligt when they have very good CB's and signed a younger CB too.

They traded Cancelo for Danilo and money and ended up having to play Cuardado at RB.

They have neglected to sign any wingers.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
He really should have never left Madrid. He probably should somehow try and leave at the end of the season to a team that suits him better but I can’t think of any top team that will be in for him at 35 apart from maybe PSG.

The last thing he’ll want to do is turn into a clown like Ibra where he’s tossed from club to club. Yet, I can only at best see PsG being the club that might take a punt at him. Really the damage has already been done. It will be a sad way to end his career if things continue like this.
Yet there are people who will praise for him “looking for a new challenge” when Juve had won the league 8 years in a row. Madrid would’ve won la liga for sure had he stayed considering how woeful the current Barca side is. Juve need to revamp their midfield.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite

:lol: he scored in 10 games in a row before the break. Equaling a serie a record.

Age does not matter with Ronaldo.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He made the wrong move going to Juve and I think PSG would be the smartest move after Juve as he can still bang in 40 plus a season in a team like Juve.

With that being said you guys got to be joking right? Didn’t he just tie or break the record for most consecutive games scoring in a row this season in série A?

You guys do realize he has 25 goals for Juve this season and along with international play he has 30+ goals this?

You watch him play and he is still the same Ronaldo from the last 3 seasons. The issue is his team is absolutely woeful.

IF he somehow managed to win the CL with Juve it would be his biggest club feat because they are god awful.

Him and Messi are still the best 2 players in the world and I don’t see that changing for at least another 2 seasons at least.

MrEleson

:lol: he scored in 10 games in a row before the break. Equaling a serie a record.

Age does not matter with Ronaldo.
It ultimately does because I can't see any top club wanting to make the investment it would need to get him out of there at his age with the salary he's on.

MrEleson

Yet there are people who will praise for him “looking for a new challenge” when Juve had won the league 8 years in a row. Madrid would’ve won la liga for sure had he stayed considering how woeful the current Barca side is. Juve need to revamp their midfield.
He would've won the 2018 Ballon D'or too. Ironically, the ego that has made him so great could be the cause of his demise.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
It ultimately does because I can't see any top club wanting to make the investment it would need to get him out of there at his age with the salary he's on.
And you didn't see any club paying 100m like Juve did when they did.

Haters will continue to hate and come up with new things to hate. Ronaldo will continue proving you wrong - whether this year or next.

MrEleson

And you didn't see any club paying 100m like Juve did when they did.

Haters will continue to hate and come up with new things to hate. Ronaldo will continue proving you wrong - whether this year or next.
I'm not a Ronaldo hater. I'm actually a fan of his, I'm just saying he made the wrong decision by going to Juve and it will be difficult for him to move on. Unless you believe he can still achieve success with the way the club is currently investing in the team (or lack of). Juve's purchase was a power move and statement signing. And even then he was 2 years younger and was the reigning Ballon D'or holder with a stellar record at Madrid. The same isn't the case now. He won't be able to demand the same salary as he does now elsewhere at his age even though he's still great which is the problem.

tomaldinho1

It's the first few games back and everyone's short of fitness yet here's the usual Ronaldo's past it narrative. Was rife early season before he became Samurainaldo and scored a load to bring him back to essentially a goal a game.

Juve's main problem is Sarri

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ronaldo at his peak could influence the game from deep areas. He can't do that anymore. People laying all the blame squarly on his teammates are a bit unfair imo.
Sarri has got to go but setting up the entire team just to feed Ronaldo is risky for any coach.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He made the wrong move going to Juve and I think PSG would be the smartest move after Juve as he can still bang in 40 plus a season in a team like Juve.

With that being said you guys got to be joking right? Didn’t he just tie or break the record for most consecutive games scoring in a row this season in série A?

You guys do realize he has 25 goals for Juve this season and along with international play he has 30+ goals this?

You watch him play and he is still the same Ronaldo from the last 3 seasons. The issue is his team is absolutely woeful.

IF he somehow managed to win the CL with Juve it would be his biggest club feat because they are god awful.

Him and Messi are still the best 2 players in the world and I don’t see that changing for at least another 2 seasons at least.
With Mbappe and Neymar on their way out, Ronaldo to PSG could actually make sense. He needs a team that doesn't need him in every league match.

That being said, it was a gamble for Juve when they signed him and it will be an even bigger gble for his potential new club. Nothing against Cristiano, he could well be playing until 40, but nobody knows when age kicks in really hard. Could be next year, could be in three years, but at some point it inevitably will.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
With Mbappe and Neymar on their way out, Ronaldo to PSG could actually make sense. He needs a team that doesn't need him in every league match.

That being said, it was a gamble for Juve when they signed him and it will be an even bigger gble for his potential new club. Nothing against Cristiano, he could well be playing until 40, but nobody knows when age kicks in really hard. Could be next year, could be in three years, but at some point it inevitably will.
Where are they off to?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Why would people point their finger at Ronaldo when Sarri is their Manager?

Did you lot not watch the premier league? The guy is an ignorant manager who doesnt get the best out alot of his players.

Ronaldo moved to Juventus because he wants to be known as the player that won things in the 3 hardest leagues. Sarri isnt a CL winning manager and Juventus dont have a core CL winning team.

Ditch Sarri, get a better manager - maybe even Pochettino and use Ronaldo for the CL.

Paul_Scholes18

Did you lot not watch the premier league? The guy is an ignorant manager who doesnt get the best out alot of his players.

Ronaldo moved to Juventus because he wants to be known as the player that won things in the 3 hardest leagues. Sarri isnt a CL winning manager and Juventus dont have a core CL winning team.

Ditch Sarri, get a better manager - maybe even Pochettino and use Ronaldo for the CL.
Sarri won the EL and reached the cup final in England. Also ended in third.

Pretty decent season for them. Better than this year.

Although having Hazard was a big reason for it.

tjb

Wrong league imo. Italy has never been a place for wingers/ wide forwards, and it shows at times with Juve.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Mbappe to Liverpool and Neymar to Real.
Thought Liverpool didn't have the funds for Werner, how exactly are they meant to afford Mbappe? Also Real will have to sell to come up with the funds for Neymar, even if we forget that they already bought Hazard who plays in a similar position.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
It isnt easy, but you know if you can get some service into him, he will score you goals.

Like you say, Juve are terrible with recruitment. This is such a mix and match team, no wonder they cannot get consistency.

They signed Ramsey, Rabiot on free but big wages when they have Bentencaur, Pjanic, Matuidi, Khedira.

They went and signed De Ligt when they have very good CB's and signed a younger CB too.

They traded Cancelo for Danilo and money and ended up having to play Cuardado at RB.

They have neglected to sign any wingers.
I don’t think any of those transfers are bad, to be honest.

Sarri wants to play 4:3:1:2 but is missing the playmaker behind the strikers. They are putting a lot of faith in Kulusevski next season, I think.

Paul_Scholes18

Thought Liverpool didn't have the funds for Werner, how exactly are they meant to afford Mbappe? Also Real will have to sell to come up with the funds for Neymar, even if we forget that they already bought Hazard who plays in a similar position.
Liverpool will sell Salah/Mane to Juventus to free up the cash. Real will sell Asensio and let Kroos or Modric go that free up wages.
It will just be a big circus next summer. Just speculating here. I think Mbappe will stay.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Sarri’s firing from Chelsea was harsh and dumb, they win a EL with him for god’s sake.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Liverpool will sell Salah/Mane to Juventus to free up the cash. Real will sell Asensio and let Kroos or Modric go that free up wages.
It will just be a big circus next summer. Just speculating here. I think Mbappe will stay.
Juve can't afford Salah/Mane at the moment, and they don't strike me as Juve's usual transfer targets. Real might get rid of Modric/Isco/Asensio and free up wages but I don't think they'll recuperate enough to pay up for the 180+ million that PSG will demand for Neymar.

Status
Not open for further replies.