Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Safe to say Juve will continue to dominate Italy for the foreseeable future?

wr8_utd

:'(
Congrats Juve. All those United fans who started supporting Madrid on the side, are now all yours.

Minimalist

Really weird seeing him finally move. Thought he'd just retire at Madrid or go the MLS route before the end.

Exciting for the Italian league.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
I can’t believe it either! But yes, everyone needs to remember we were Juve fans even when we had Matri and Quagliarella leading the line, or better, Bojinov and Palladino. :D
I was there, watching us play the likes of Mantova and AlbinoLeffe on a shitty stream in 2006/7. Incredible :D

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I thought it was just bs when I read the rumours last week and expected him to get a better contract at Real like always, so I'm quite surprised how. Just an incredible transfer of an incredible player. Shame it's Juventus and not United. Will make the Serie A interesting now.
The same way the Bundesliga is interesting, only that Juventus even have two more championships to their winning streak already :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Also I'm glad he's playing in a traditionally great league for a traditionally great club, far too many are going to China or PSG to play for sugar daddies.

Trizy

Best of luck Ronnie.

Becomes an United Legend and potentially our best player ever (During his time here).
Becomes an Madrid Legend and best ever player with a 1:1+ goal ration

Before he retires he'll be a Juventus legend too.

Castia

Crazy deal, nothing should shock me in football anymore but Ronaldo at Juve seems crazy.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It'll be interesting to see how Juventus manage him when he decides it's time for a new and improved contract and pulls out the angry, upset and wants to leave card

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Brilliant deal for Juve & expect Ronnie will have plenty of success in Italy.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Best piece of business in history from Real Madrid? Sold him for more than what they paid for him(ignoring the inflation of course), while he gave them their best years and won so many trophies. Great piece of business.

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
he will play through the middle so who leaves, Dybala or Higuain?

SportingCP96

Supports
Well on the bright side Real won't win the CL next season that much is for sure.

SirAnderson

Penny for Buffon’s thoughts..
Sure...

"I wouldn't be surprised to see Ronaldo at Juventus," he told Sky Sport Italia. "It would make me happy because it's what the Juventus world needs. They have to find new idols and exalt them."

Asked if he is bothered that Ronaldo is reportedly joining in the same summer that he departed the Allianz Stadium, Buffon responded: "What bothered me were the two goals he scored in the final and the ones he scored last year! It would be a fantastic advertisement for Italian football."

You can deposit that penny later... ;)

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
The player I dislike the most in football has just joined my club, I can't wait to see him play for us now haha

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Also I'm glad he's playing in a traditionally great league for a traditionally great club, far too many are going to China or PSG to play for sugar daddies.
Yep. I'm sure that was one of the big reasons why he never seemed to want to play for PSG too. Genuinely think it's something that Ronaldo has always cared about and wanted to do - Be a legend at the biggest clubs in the world. He's done it at United and Real Madrid, winning everything there is to win at both clubs. Now he's going to do it at Juventus. If he does that, then I don't think there will be any doubt with regards to who the greatest of all time is, and that's what I'm sure he's going for. A huge ask of course, as Juventus even with Ronaldo won't be favorites for the Champions League. But the possibility is certainly there.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Wow, where the feck does this Juventus money come from?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Mod's, is there any chance my last post in the transfer thread can be merged in to this one so @reddaz71 has a chance to reply ?

gr3yham3

I still don't see how Juve are paying for this transfer without selling anyone so far - they just paid for Costa too right? Since when did they have such spending power?

SirAnderson

Really can't believe it actually happened. But the amount of media attention it was getting was different to what we were used to every season, so it was a bit offish for me, and it's actually happened. Wow.

SportingCP96

Supports
Fun fact: Roanldos first goal for Madrid was a penalty against Juve in a friendly and his last goal was a penalty against Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.