Cristiano Ronaldo - Top Dog

redevil2

RUUD_10_LEGEND said:
Who sits there and compiles these stats?
that's who!:-)

Now the statistics back it up - Cristiano Ronaldo is currently the best player in the Premiership.

The Portuguese winger is ranked in first place in Actim Index's player ratings system.
Ronaldo has been in sensational form this season, prompting assistant manager Carlos Queiroz to comment this week: "Cristiano was born to be the best in the world."

The 21-year-old is the club's top scorer with 13 goals, just one behind Premiership leading scorer, Didier Drogba.

Actim Index, the league’s official statisticians, rank Ronaldo above the Chelsea striker in their ratings system, which awards points for a positive impact on matches.

His figures are impressive. Actim Stats show that this season he has contributed 61 shots on target, 38 tackles, five clearances, seven interceptions, one block, 87 dribbles, 59 crosses and 461 passes in 1,970 minutes of football.

His first-place ranking follows several awards in recognition of his excellent form. He has already earned two Premiership Player of the Month awards this season and was recently given the title of Portugal’s Sportsman of the Year for 2006 ahead of Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

Ole_Gunnar

For all those stats he does nothing in the games that he needs to change. The player who's been taking stick all season, yet been working his socks off - all season, beat his man more often than Ronaldo, worked harder than Ronaldo , broke his duck and scored when he really needed to. Rooney is the big game player, Rooney is the future of United. Think about that next time you put Ronaldo on a pedastal to Rooney as if he's some average player.

Ole_Gunnar

redevil2 said:
that's who!:-)

Now the statistics back it up - Cristiano Ronaldo is currently the best player in the Premiership.

The Portuguese winger is ranked in first place in Actim Index's player ratings system.
Ronaldo has been in sensational form this season, prompting assistant manager Carlos Queiroz to comment this week: "Cristiano was born to be the best in the world."

The 21-year-old is the club's top scorer with 13 goals, just one behind Premiership leading scorer, Didier Drogba.

Actim Index, the league’s official statisticians, rank Ronaldo above the Chelsea striker in their ratings system, which awards points for a positive impact on matches.

His figures are impressive. Actim Stats show that this season he has contributed 61 shots on target, 38 tackles, five clearances, seven interceptions, one block, 87 dribbles, 59 crosses and 461 passes in 1,970 minutes of football.

His first-place ranking follows several awards in recognition of his excellent form. He has already earned two Premiership Player of the Month awards this season and was recently given the title of Portugal’s Sportsman of the Year for 2006 ahead of Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.
Paul Scholes is ranked somewhere near 40 in that same player stat compilation. Pay it no minds.

JamieCC

Ronaldo's really putting Rooney in the shade this season. He's making him look crap, and thats not easy to do. Saying that, Rooney's form isn't particulalry helping him... To think we nearly lost Ronnie at the start of the season as well. Anyway, yes, Ronaldo is top dog!!

REd FUn DevIl

JamieCC said:
Ronaldo's really putting Rooney in the shade this season. He's making him look crap, and thats not easy to do. Saying that, Rooney's form isn't particulalry helping him... To think we nearly lost Ronnie at the start of the season as well. Anyway, yes, Ronaldo is top dog!!
last year was rooney, now is turn for ronaldo... imagine they both having the same form the same time... must be bad to play against us

marcus agrippa

ole_gunner said:
For all those stats he does nothing in the games that he needs to change. The player who's been taking stick all season, yet been working his socks off - all season, beat his man more often than Ronaldo, worked harder than Ronaldo , broke his duck and scored when he really needed to. Rooney is the big game player, Rooney is the future of United. Think about that next time you put Ronaldo on a pedastal to Rooney as if he's some average player.
got that out of your system? - good.

both are the future of United. this is why SAF signed Rooney when we already had Ronaldo. this is why the club has extended Rooney's contract and is in talks with Ronaldo about extending his.

this business of denigrating one at the expense of the other is uniquely stupid.

Bearded but no genius

And here was Kippax not too long ago, telling us all with complete confidence that he wasn't even in the Top Fifty players in the world.

Ekeke

ole_gunner said:
This is good post, and it's somewhat true, but not as simple as that. The reason Rooney showed up, scored the goal and was in fact more effective in a big game than Ronaldo is simply that he's a more mature player. He's closer to everything he can be and as efective as he can be, than Ronaldo.

You can say hats off to Rooney for showing what he can do, even miserably out of form, in a big game... But you can also look at what Ronaldo has already given this season and realise there's far more to come.

Eventually they will both be big game players. Where Rooney will make a killer pass or a winning goal in a big match, Ronaldo will do be doing the same with dribbles and goals.

He'll be the best player in the world, when he can do it in the big matches and have the same effect as he's had this season in the premiership, in europe. Until then, he's a good player in great form.

Bearded but no genius

Ekeke said:
This is good post, and it's somewhat true, but not as simple as that. The reason Rooney showed up, scored the goal and was in fact more effective in a big game than Ronaldo is simply that he's a more mature player. He's closer to everything he can be and as efective as he can be, than Ronaldo.

You can say hats off to Rooney for showing what he can do, even miserably out of form, in a big game... But you can also look at what Ronaldo has already given this season and realise there's far more to come.

Eventually they will both be big game players. Where Rooney will make a killer pass or a winning goal in a big match, Ronaldo will do be doing the same with dribbles and goals.

He'll be the best player in the world, when he can do it in the big matches and have the same effect as he's had this season in the premiership, in europe. Until then, he's a good player in great form.
This is a brilliant post, although I rate Rooney in the long term perhaps a bit better, and would say that Ronaldo is a great player, in world class form.

JamieCC

REd FUn DevIl said:
last year was rooney, now is turn for ronaldo... imagine they both having the same form the same time... must be bad to play against us
Too right. The days will come when they're both on form. Like you say it's bad enough playing against one of them on form, but two! Most likely, unstoppable.

Ole_Gunnar

Until you beat the best defenders in the world you can't be the best in the world. Whenever our Ronnie has come up against an elite full back he seems to dissappear. Against, Chelsea he got little change out of Cashley, against Arsenal Clichy was tight on him so he had to switch over to Eboue who had the pace to contain him.

Rooney on the other hand has proven himself against the best defenders in the premiership, he beat Eboue a couple of times and created another couple of great chances on the right hand side.

I just thought I'd throw my tuppence in as Rooneys' been taking so much stick and Ronaldo so much praise. There's no doubt Ronaldo could be one of the very greatest, but pundits and fans telling him he's best in the world at the age of 21 WILL be detrimental to his career ultimatley.

Bearded but no genius

ole_gunner said:
Until you beat the best defenders in the world you can't be the best in the world. Whenever our Ronnie has come up against an elite full back he seems to dissappear. Against, Chelsea he got little change out of Cashley, against Arsenal Clichy was tight on him so he had to switch over to Eboue who had the pace to contain him.

Rooney on the other hand has proven himself against the best defenders in the premiership, he beat Eboue a couple of times and created another couple of great chances on the right hand side.

I just thought I'd throw my tuppence in as Rooneys' been taking so much stick and Ronaldo so much praise. There's no doubt Ronaldo could be one of the very greatest, but pundits and fans telling him he's best in the world at the age of 21 WILL be detrimental to his career ultimatley.
I'm afraid you've made yourself a little boner, my friend.

He owned Cashley in early 2005 at Shybury.

So he's already done it, even if he didn't put the moves on him against Chelsea quite as well.

Ole_Gunnar

jasonrh said:
I'm afraid you've made yourself a little boner, my friend.

He owned Cashley in early 2005 at Shybury.

So he's already done it, even if he didn't put the moves on him against Chelsea quite as well.
Yes, I remember when he left Ashley Dole on his arse that game. I just feel for all his excellence against the likes of Sheffield Utd, Wigan, Reading and the like, he rarely performs against Chelsea, Arsenal or even Liverpool.

jbuuty

Don't forget who set up Rooney's goal against Arsenal with a great through pass to Evra.

I, unfortunately, get the feeling that the Rooney vs Ronaldo debate is based more on nationality than actual performance.

Both players are young. Both have shown outstanding form: Rooney - last year, and Ronaldo - this year. Both have proved that they can make fantastic plays. Both have been inconsistent - a mark of youth.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
RUUD_10_LEGEND said:
Who sits there and compiles these stats?

Frank Actim, he lives in Cheadle and does on a part time basis while looking after the kids and making the diner for his misses for when she comes home from work.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
jbuuty said:
Don't forget who set up Rooney's goal against Arsenal with a great through pass to Evra.

I, unfortunately, get the feeling that the Rooney vs Ronaldo debate is based more on nationality than actual performance.

Both players are young. Both have shown outstanding form: Rooney - last year, and Ronaldo - this year. Both have proved that they can make fantastic plays. Both have been inconsistent - a mark of youth.
Most sensible comment on the thread so far (although there's not a lot of competition).

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
How many times has Ron hit the post/bar in his United career now? I remember at like the start of the season it was more than 50 times, I think he's added to it since but I haven't been following.

These are the stats that matter :nono:

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Whatever happened to the good old days of

"did he score / didnt he score"

"was he brilliant / shite "

"can he pass yes /no"

All these stats are killing the fun. Before long they'll be stopping the match so the players can plug themsevles into modems and upload their latest heart beat, miles covered and time before next piss is requires..

Ole_Gunnar

fredthered said:
Whatever happened to the good old days of

"did he score / didnt he score"

"was he brilliant / shite "

"can he pass yes /no"

All these stats are killing the fun. Before long they'll be stopping the match so the players can plug themsevles into modems and upload their latest heart beat, miles covered and time before next piss is requires..
Football is becoming Americanised. Or soccer, I should say..

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
ole_gunner said:
Football is becoming Americanised. Or soccer, I should say..

fecking marvellous.

We'll be having Big Macs with Fries, cheerleaders, unlimited coke, ponderosa restaurants, disney characters, and sexy females leading the singing.....

feck FC I'm going to OT....

:D

( only kidding before anyone says a word )

redevil2

jasonrh said:
And here was Kippax not too long ago, telling us all with complete confidence that he wasn't even in the Top Fifty players in the world.
]
FFS, how you would consider her opinion worthy of mentioning I dont know. For all I know, she is very biased, a defo United hater, jealous bitter woman with very subjectively negative view on anything United....and most of all, a nasty WUM, ABU... How on earth would she rate any United player??

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
redevil2 said:
FFS, how you would consider her opinion worthy of mentioning I dont know. For all I know, she is very biased, a defo United hater, jealous bitter woman with very subjectively negative view on anything United....and most of all, a nasty WUM, ABU... How on earth would she rate any United player??

Being fair you wouldnt expect a City fan to would you ?

I mean come on, I wouldnt give any Citeh player the time of day let alone go onto one of their clubs forums and openly praise them...

For a bluenose, KK is by far one of the better ones, and in comparison to the scousers we get on here shes positively wonderful