Cristiano Ronaldo | Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

And here I thought with this bump that he finally submitted his official transfer request....

Ah well.. to the Griezmannn thread! :lol:

el3mel

I say close it till next season when we'll open it again.

No need to open a thread every summer about Ronaldo leaving Madrid. One thread is enough.

Mourinho: it would be Mission Impossible - he's too important to Madrid

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Quote from Mourinho.

I am not going to get my club to waste time on players who are mission impossible.

Ronaldo is such an important player for his club. A player of great economic power. We have not been able to find any reason that could have made us think that Ronaldo could leave.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40622623

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Good. Time to put this circus to bed once and for all.

I can't wrap my mind round this place at times.

Rooney gets universally hated due to the contract negotiation tactics of his agent (despite spending pretty much his entire career here).

But Ronaldo runs of to Madrid at the first opportunity and then uses us nearly every fecking year to get a better contract. Despite this he's loved by everyone.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Cal?

CR7 fan

Rooney gets universally hated due to the contract negotiation tactics of his agent (despite spending pretty much his entire career here).

But Ronaldo runs of to Madrid at the first opportunity and then uses us nearly every fecking year to get a better contract. Despite this he's loved by everyone.

I'm not sure how you arrive at this conclusion, if he says he has a problem with Real and the majority of journalist decide to put 1 and 1 together and link him with United; how is that exactly his fault?

I have seen no evidence at all of him "using United" in any of his negotiations with Real, he's not briefed journalists or have his agent do that.

Do you expect him to come out and say "I'll never go back to United"?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm not sure how you arrive at this conclusion, if he says he has a problem with Real and the majority of journalist decide to put 1 and 1 together and link him with United; how is that exactly his fault?

I have seen no evidence at all of him "using United" in any of his negotiations with Real, he's not briefed journalists or have his agent do that.

Do you expect him to come out and say "I'll never go back to United"?
Do you really think Ronaldo and his advisors don't know that this is exactly what will happen?? The fact that Utd are mentioned everytime he appears to be pissed off at Madrid isn't a coincidence. We are the only club that Real might be genuinely afraid of in terms of being able to sign Ronaldo from them. It's a fact that Ronaldo and his advisors know and exploit. I don't get why you feel the need to defend him. There isn't anything wrong with all this but it's also evident that he's always used Utd to get his way, first to and then, with Real.

Garethw

Do you really think Ronaldo and his advisors don't know that this is exactly what will happen?? The fact that Utd are mentioned everytime he appears to be pissed off at Madrid isn't a coincidence. We are the only club that Real might be genuinely afraid of in terms of being able to sign Ronaldo from them. It's a fact that Ronaldo and his advisors know and exploit. I don't get why you feel the need to defend him. There isn't anything wrong with all this but it's also evident that he's always used Utd to get his way, first to and then, with Real.
Spot on.

Cal?

CR7 fan
United's financial power and the fact he has always spoken highly of us makes sure that the journalist links him with us all the time. That's not his fault, is it?

Would you prefer he keeps badmouthing United so next time he tries to get Real to pay up, the tabloid only link him with PSG?

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Did Ronaldo put in transfer request? Rooney did it twice! Did Ronaldo state he wants to go to the noisy neighbours? I don't think so! Did Ronaldo stop performing at the highest level? Again, i don't think so!

Garethw

Did Ronaldo put in transfer request? Rooney did it twice! Did Ronaldo state he wants to go to the noisy neighbours? I don't think so! Did Ronaldo stop performing at the highest level? Again, i don't think so!
Rooney didn't hand in a transfer request twice, only back in 2010. The 2013 incident was him telling Fergie to either play him or sell him.

Ronaldo didn't hand in a transfer request because he was assured by the club that he would be sold in the summer of 2009.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Rooney didn't hand in a transfer request twice, only back in 2010. The 2013 incident was him telling Fergie to either play him or sell him.

Ronaldo didn't hand in a transfer request because he was assured by the club that he would be sold in the summer of 2009.

Ferguson, back in 2013:
"I don't think Wayne was keen to play, simply because he's asked for a transfer. I think he wants to think things through in his own mind. I think that's a good idea. We're not going to let him go. I think he's maybe a bit frustrated at being taken off once or twice in the past few weeks."

This is the second time that Rooney has asked to leave Old Trafford, also requesting a move in October 2010 before agreeing a new deal with the club.
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...a-transfer-request-to-leave-manchester-united

Okay, but he wanted out, IMO. Don't think you can get a quote as clear as that from an official of Real Madrid.

The point stands, if Ronaldo wants out, he gets out. Don't think he plays around the the way Wayne did. In the Madrid days it was all the media, there wasn't anything concrete on tape.

Rusholme Ruffian

86.7% of the forum voted him a United legend literally last week! Is that 'universal hatred'?!

Flytan

Because one's personality is endearing and charismatic and the other has the charisma of a plumber who can't even fix your toilet. Not to mention Rooney overstayed his welcome and didn't take care of himself the way other athletes do. There's this thing called likability, Rooney doesn't have it, Ronaldo does. Also a player can be a club legend for what he did for the club but still not be a favorite of the fans.

ravi2

Because one's personality is endearing and charismatic and the other has the charisma of a plumber who can't even fix your toilet. Not to mention Rooney overstayed his welcome and didn't take care of himself the way other athletes do. There's this thing called likability, Rooney doesn't have it, Ronaldo does. Also a player can be a club legend for what he did for the club but still not be a favorite of the fans.
Ronaldo is definitely one of the best players to have ever played the game but not sure about his likablity

King7Eric

United's financial power and the fact he has always spoken highly of us makes sure that the journalist links him with us all the time. That's not his fault, is it?

Would you prefer he keeps badmouthing United so next time he tries to get Real to pay up, the tabloid only link him with PSG?
I see your tagline. So I think I'd better stop arguing about Ronaldo with you. It'll be a futile exercise. If you want to believe Ronaldo has nothing to do with these rumors then so be it.

Klopp_De_Klown

Im not so sure this is as dead as it all sounds.

I think Jose chose his words very carefully and its basically that he wont waste energy on a player who doesn't really want to come. Nothing a simple transfer request wouldn't sort out. If he is as willing to leave as the newspapers say we dont have to waste time and energy wondering. It will be very obvious very quick.

So its ball's in your court Christy, over to you!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The first time that "irreversible" line came out, there did seem to be something more in it than every other year, but it very very quickly turned out to be as little as ever.
Until next year!

Cal?

CR7 fan
I see your tagline. So I think I'd better stop arguing about Ronaldo with you. It'll be a futile exercise. If you want to believe Ronaldo has nothing to do with these rumors then so be it.
Do explain what you'd prefer he does when he wants a new contract?

'I'm unhappy but will not consider United cos I don't want their fans to get their hopes up.'? :confused:

King7Eric

Do explain what you'd prefer he does when he wants a new contract?

'I'm unhappy but will not consider United cos I don't want their fans to get their hopes up.'? :confused:
I'd prefer he simply go to Real and ask for a new contract and not make stories about being unhappy. Forget Utd, we all know he is going to be staying at Real only, so why make do this drama of being unhappy? Stop this nonsense about being unhappy, if he really is unhappy then actually make an effort to move. But all he does is procrastinate and end up staying at Real. All this, by the way is fine by me if that's what he wants to do, but what I don't get is why do so many on here, like you, defend him when he isn't even our player? If someone actually fell for his antics and is then abusing him for "using" Utd, why do you Ronaldo loyalists feel the need to defend him while at the same time putting down your fellow Utd fan? All this for a player who doesn't even play for us.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I'd prefer he simply go to Real and ask for a new contract and not make stories about being unhappy. Forget Utd, we all know he is going to be staying at Real only, so why make do this drama of being unhappy? Stop this nonsense about being unhappy, if he really is unhappy then actually make an effort to move. But all he does is procrastinate and end up staying at Real. All this, by the way is fine by me if that's what he wants to do, but what I don't get is why do so many on here, like you, defend him when he isn't even our player? If someone actually fell for his antics and is then abusing him for "using" Utd, why do you Ronaldo loyalists feel the need to defend him while at the same time putting down your fellow Utd fan? All this for a player who doesn't even play for us.
Because plenty of players do it and it's not his fault that the tabloids link him with United every time because we are uniquely able to afford him AND have a strong tie with him.

I was just pointing out that he and his agent has never come up with the United links, and he shouldn't be blamed for lazy journalists who write the same thing every year.

If anything it should be the Real fans who get annoyed.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well he only did it twice. First time was annoying but kinda justified

This time was just annoying

Cal?

CR7 fan
Well he only did it twice. First time was annoying but kinda justified

This time was just annoying
Perhaps he won't be unhappy as often if you lot didn't boo the best player ever so often.

Acole9

Outstanding
Every summer he's been linked with a move back here since he left. The only time I genuinely thought he'd come back was when Moyes was appointed (funnily enough) He's never coming back, we've got more chance of signing Bale.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Perhaps he won't be unhappy as often if you lot didn't boo the best player ever so often.
He's angry at the tax authorities and media, what do fans have to do with it? In 2012 it was because he wanted a new better contract

Cal?

CR7 fan
Just making a general observation on how you treat your all time great

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just making a general observation on how you treat your all time great
Meh, nobody's ever had a 100% approval all the time. Not even Di Stefano. He's generally gotten plenty of love from the bernabeu, to say nothing of madrid based media. Heck, they've been lobbying for him winning the balon d'or every year since he came

Jaybomb

I think Ronaldo is a slave at Madrid, to be honest.

He needs to be freed.

Don't worry Cristiano, Woody will rescue you :devil:

King7Eric

Because plenty of players do it and it's not his fault that the tabloids link him with United every time because we are uniquely able to afford him AND have a strong tie with him.

I was just pointing out that he and his agent has never come up with the United links, and he shouldn't be blamed for lazy journalists who write the same thing every year.

Just because plenty of players do it does not make it right. When others do its wrong and when he does it is also wrong.
Real fans are getting annoyed and you are still defending him. Look mate if you are gonna defend Ronaldo irrationally then there's no point having any discussion over this. You will keep finding ways to defend him so let's leave it at that.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Just because plenty of players do it does not make it right. When others do its wrong and when he does it is also wrong.

Real fans are getting annoyed and you are still defending him. Look mate if you are gonna defend Ronaldo irrationally then there's no point having any discussion over this. You will keep finding ways to defend him so let's leave it at that.
I'd be annoyed if I support Real Madrid too, much like a lot of United fans being annoyed with Rooney, people tend to get annoy with player at their club angling for moves or threatening moves to get new contracts.

How many Chelsea or City fans were annoyed with Rooney when he threatened to go join them? I just don't see why United fans should be upset with Ronaldo links.

Status
Not open for further replies.